Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,085 members, 7,973,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:33 PM

Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? (20656 Views)

My Wound Is Taking Forever To Heal (Graphic) / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? / Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by AloneTK: 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
bluefilm:

Continue drinking.

When you reach like 60 years and you are battling with diabetes, na dat time e go do you voom for eye.

60 too far Abeg.
Bro, are you aware that some are already battling diabetes before age 20?
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
porthouse7:
just say B2... only last guys will understand
I usually take it in the afternoon, especially when the whether is hot.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Krismas(m): 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Bros, it's just 40cl, just once in a day. Is it too much? I just managed to resist the urge yesterday even though resisting the urge wasn't that easy. By the way, i like to use am step down my afternoon food, like rice, BB(Bread and Beans) etc.
grin That URGE is wot is called SUGAR CRAVE. It’s dangerous. Equally there are secret additives sodas lace the drinks with that hooks one on dem. In Nigeria carb is staple. If u eat rice then drink Miranda u over flooding ur system with glucose which will spike blood insulin and leading to all manner of health complications. Get rid of sugars. Stop soda as often as u can.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by overseasnbeyond: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
Yes, 100% in Nigeria because there is no way to monitor your sugar level.
Better stay with water.
When i came to US i started copying the way they drink Soda before i realized it, i was at the border line (diabetes)
Thereafter i disciplined my self by drinking water anytime am thirsty TODAY it went down to 90.
Though sometime i used to take like 1 bottle in two weeks which is not bad.
Is your choice

Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. I wanna know whether taking just a soft drink once everyday is bad to the health. From on Sarturday to Monday , i have been taking a soft(40cl Mirinda) along with food every afternoon. It was only yesterday that i didn't take a soft drink. No e be say e no hungry me ooo. I had to forcefully resist the urge of taking it. I felt there could be side effects.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by joinnow: 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
13 cubes of sugar once everyday is much compared to that of mirinda. I don't think the sugar in a 4cl bottle of Mirinda is not up to 13 cubes.
Amount of sugar, calories in Coke, Pepsi might surprise you

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by immortalityk: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. I wanna know whether taking just a soft drink once everyday is bad to the health. From on Sarturday to Monday , i have been taking a soft(40cl Mirinda) along with food every afternoon. It was only yesterday that i didn't take a soft drink. No e be say e no hungry me ooo. I had to forcefully resist the urge of taking it. I felt there could be side effects.
if you work and move around and excercise your body then u are ok
but if u do non stressful work or rest too much or sleep too much,then no
u do not drink up to half of sugary stuffs I drink and I had a check up last month and I was ok
but make sure all the stuff u eat and drink u burn them through activities
if u do it like that,then u can even drink 5 bottles in a day
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Aguilar(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
Run from sugar.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
joinnow:

Amount of sugar, calories in Coke, Pepsi might surprise you
What if a person eats well or eat good food, would it still have bad effect on the health of the person?
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
immortalityk:

if you work and move around and excercise your body then u are ok
but if u do non stressful work or rest too much or sleep too much,then no
u do not drink up to half of sugary stuffs I drink and I had a check up last month and I was ok
but make sure all the stuff u eat and drink u burn them through activities
if u do it like that,then u can even drink 5 bottles in a day
I don't work, move or exercise my body that much but i sweat alot.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by immortalityk: 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
I don't work, move or exercise my body that much but i sweat alot.
I told u to work and excercise
u are telling me that u sweat a lot
wetin concern me self
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by saintnegroid(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Yes very very bad.... Please try and refrain from it

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
immortalityk:

I told u to work and excercise
u are telling me that u sweat a lot
wetin concern me self
Anyway, I have been exercising. Atleast trekking na exercise self.

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by immortalityk: 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Anyway, I have been exercising. Atleast trekking na exercise self.
send me money
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
immortalityk:

send me money
Me self dey find who go send me. This December gan get as e be for my side.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by candelahria(f): 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
Anything more than one bottle daily alongside normal meals increases the risk of diabetes significantly.Remember, however,that the less soda you take,the better for you.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
In the words of One of my wise Proffesors, Everything is poison, it just depends on the dose you are on
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by yinkeys(m): 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
Diabetes, Arthritis, all sorts of inflammatory diseases
Good luck.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by splashbaby(m): 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
If you are still young with lots of activities then perfect. But you are loading your system with lots of carbohydrates that can speed up metabolic diseases like diabetes. Do you know why we are having many kidney or liver failures among youths lately?.... Diabetes a silent killer, many individuals are walking around with too much blood sugar in their systems destroying their internal organs. Once your blood sugar becomes high without regulation, you risk multiple organ failures, the symptoms you get from diabetes is when things started getting worst and most cases very fatal. It's very important we reduce sugar intake and check our blood sugar regularly.

3 Likes

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Karleb(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bifwoli:
What about those who drink alcohol daily?

Bad as well.

Alcohol (ethanol) is gotten from carbohydrate (sugar) fermentation.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2021
Very harmful. Diabetes is no joke. That disease is too expensive to manage.

The healthiest drink ever is still WATER. If you want something sweet but still healthy go for smoothies or naturally blended fruit juice.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
you are beckoning jedijedi and piles...better stop now

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by DeRichard(m): 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:

Too much of sugar is not good. The only thing that cannot be too much in consumption is vegetables, fruits and water and maybe protein but you're not to consume too much of carbohydrates, sugar and fats & oil.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by HBB1(m): 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Bros, it's just 40cl, just once in a day. Is it too much? I just managed to resist the urge yesterday even though resisting the urge wasn't that easy. By the way, i like to use am step down my afternoon food, like rice, BB(Bread and Beans) etc.

The amount of sugar in a bottle of soda equals your weekly requirement of sugar.

I mean all your sugar requirement in one week is in one bottle of soft drink.

Ko healthy ra ra!

2 Likes

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Bifwoli: 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
cj4humanity:
The drink of wise men-water
Remember there's still millions of africans in rural areas and some cities that still drink contaminated water from rivers,boreholes ,lakes and rusty tanks?

Wise men drink wine just like Jesus did.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
HBB1:

The amount of sugar in a bottle of soda equals your weekly requirement of sugar.

Ko healthy ra ra!
But Mirinda is just like a fruit Juice.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by notoriousbabe: 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2021
I take at least three bottles a day. One for each meal
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by notoriousbabe: 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
HBB1:

Ko healthy ra ra!
ko healthy bawo? Iro ni ye sir
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
But Mirinda is just like a fruit Juice.
that is not correct.

This is what some of us studied for years in school. We are telling u stylishly in a diplomatic way what is best for u.

Please kindly stay on smoothies and fruit juice (the one u prepared yourself/with your hands minus sugar).

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by blessStar(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
its not good ..''sugar''
Truvelisback

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Fourwinds: 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
meobizy:
Stupid question. White people take soft drinks instead of water and suffer zero demerits. Doctors say it’s bad, their examples are mostly extremes. A normal person can break down three to four bottles a day for almost three decades.

Give that guy vagina make he fvck, he go cum in 10 seconds. Na then you go know say e bad
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by fapcrook(m): 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
If you can wet your plants with soda drinks and they will grow well, then drink soda but If water will make plants grow well and last longer then drink water . Water is life
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Kingsean(m): 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
flokii:
Your regular soft drinks are worse than alcoholic drinks.. reason I laugh at some muslims who don't take alcohol but drink bigi and co. like their lives depend on it.

not true... the liver finds it harder to filter out alcohol. do your findings very well. truly, too much of everything is not good but you see that alcohol, don't joke with it especially spirits

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Use Scent Leaves (efinrin) As Cure For Malaria | Daily Family NG / Man Sensitizes People Against Lassa Fever (Photo) / AIDS Vaccine Passes Key Early Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.