Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,363 members, 7,910,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:21 PM

Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? (20500 Views)

My Wound Is Taking Forever To Heal (Graphic) / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? / Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by joinnow: 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
[right][/right]
Truvelisback:
What if a person eats well or eat good food, would it still have bad effect on the health of the person?
why are you shifting the goal post na

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Walz001: 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
My opinion, Its bad for your health .... too much os saturated sugar and end result may lead to so many things on the long run
Well for addictive issues it only depend on how your reason and see things once you stop something try to do the opposite if ita hard like buying water instead of soft drinks to kill the urge
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. I wanna know whether taking just a soft drink once everyday is bad to the health. From on Sarturday to Monday , i have been taking a soft(40cl Mirinda) along with food every afternoon. It was only yesterday that i didn't take a soft drink. No e be say e no hungry me ooo. I had to forcefully resist the urge of taking it. I felt there could be side effects.
If u exercise regularly u dont have to worry how many u take a day cos u body will need it

2 Likes

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Limassol(m): 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
Reference:

Even the fruits you will have to give up with age as your metabolism slows down.
They contain sugar as well, just not the poor quality type and not in any such quantities as in sodas.
The sugar in fruits is naturaly-occuring, while that of beverages is added sugar(which studies suggests is harmful to our health). However, Health experts recommend we consume enough fruits and vegetables daily regardless of our age, the health benefits of doing so are tremendous.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by HBB1(m): 10:01pm On Dec 24, 2021
notoriousbabe:
ko healthy bawo? Iro ni ye sir

O da, sorry ma!

You can even drink it thrice a day!
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 10:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
SweetDipBenny:
If u exercise regularly u dont have to worry how many u take a day cos u body will need it
I do. Na trekking be my exercise. I sabi trek.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Beermoney1: 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
Soft drinks are bad business for your health. Avoid them as much as possible. The sugar is quite much, bad for your teeth, your heart and your waistline and it is an empty calorie. Drink water anytime you feel like gulping soft drinks.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Gkemz: 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2021
Saintinoo:

Stop it, it damages your body system. instead take soya milk, zobo or kunu.

You're right. Because I was scared of the side effects of taking soft drinks which I consume alot, I had to prepare a zobo drink which I can take as many as I want without any harmful effect this Christmas.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by HBB1(m): 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
SweetDipBenny:

Say you run 5 km a day to burn 400Calories.

That's just over what is in a full bottle of soda.

Does that seem like a good bargain?

Even Boxers and footballers that run 10km a day and are in premium shape try not to drink soda.

Na una know sha.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Limassol(m): 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
Emmerlee:

Where do you guys learn that diabetes is caused by sugar and soda? That's so untrue. You can help yourself with Google if in doubt.
Excess consumption of added sugar(typically found in soft drinks and cookies) is a risk factor for weight gain and obesity, which in turn are major risk factors for diabetes. So these guys are right while you are not, or do you wanna stretch further? provide evidences am waiting.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:29pm On Dec 24, 2021
Gkemz:

You're right. Because I was scared of the side effects of taking soft drinks which I consume alot, I had to prepare a zobo drink which I can take as many as I want without any harmful effect this Christmas.
don't put sugar while preparing your zobo or kunu.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by ednut1(m): 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
Playing with diabetes
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Emmerlee(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
Limassol:
Excess consumption of added sugar(typically found in soft drinks and cookies) is a risk factor for weight gain and obesity, which in turn are major risk factors for diabetes. So these guys are right while you are not, or do you wanna stretch further? provide evidences am waiting.

See, I'm not interested in any arguments with you or anyone. I know many people who consume so much sugar everyday and are not diabetic and will likely never be. I also know some very "lean" people who watch their sugar intake with calorie counters and still ended up diabetic. I'm sure you will agree that it's more genetic.

Saying sugar intake is a risk factor for obesity is quite true but then there are very many obese people who not diabetic and will never be. So using that kind of line to counter my argument only suggests you want to argue for the sake of arguing. Well I'm not interested. Persons with historical cases of diabetes in their family lineage are way more suceptible to diabetes, whether they are obese or not. Bye cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Ttjj: 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
I take 3 a day and fuvkkk a hoe crazy everyday
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by MrJames007: 10:55pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. I wanna know whether taking just a soft drink once everyday is bad to the health. From on Sarturday to Monday , i have been taking a soft(40cl Mirinda) along with food every afternoon. It was only yesterday that i didn't take a soft drink. No e be say e no hungry me ooo. I had to forcefully resist the urge of taking it. I felt there could be side effects.
What about me who takes beer everyday. embarassed
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Gaddafih001(m): 11:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:
Bros, it's just 40cl, just once in a day. Is it too much? I just managed to resist the urge yesterday even though resisting the urge wasn't that easy. By the way, i like to use am step down my afternoon food, like rice, BB(Bread and Beans) etc.
Diabetes type 2 loading..
You are setting your self up.
Hope you have the money to treat eye problems and liver failure?
I have been drinking only water for two years now.No beer,soda,palmy etc...
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by vickydevoka(m): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
flokii:
Your regular soft drinks are worse than alcoholic drinks.. reason I laugh at some muslims who don't take alcohol but drink bigi and co. like their lives depend on it.
Bring ur sister make aboki test run her Abeg
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Felabarmudia: 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
Truvelisback:

I think the question should be "is it ok to add addictive content to soft drinks?"
Most of the this drinks have addictive contents to stimulate contineous buying. As I de type so,there is a chilled bottle of coke beside me...

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 11:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
Felabarmudia:

I think the question should be "is it ok to add addictive content to soft drinks?"
Most of the this drinks have addictive contents to stimulate contineous buying. As I de type so,there is a chilled bottle of coke beside me...
Wetin man go do na! As i no dey drink beer. Is beer sugar content not worser? So, just 1 40cl per day accompanied with balancediet would make me get Diabetes? hmmmm, i am just salt of words.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Truvelisback(m): 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
MrJames007:
What about me who takes beer everyday. embarassed
I wonder ooo.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by hkidola00(m): 12:06am On Dec 25, 2021
flokii:
Your regular soft drinks are worse than alcoholic drinks.. reason I laugh at some muslims who don't take alcohol but drink bigi and co. like their lives depend on it.
when ur in d plane before take off...order 2 bottles of whisky for the pilot before take off
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Patrictemmy(m): 12:54am On Dec 25, 2021
Congratulations in advance to your insulin as you are damaging it.
By the time you start peeing in your body, you will know if its good or bad.

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by ImoleNaija: 1:07am On Dec 25, 2021
Patrictemmy:
Congratulations in advance to your insulin as you are damaging it.
By the time you start peeing in your body, you will know if its good or bad.

All of una just like to create unnecessary fears. The most important thing is being familiar with one's health status or body system. Millions of people take soft drinks regularly & have no regrets - even at old age.

Something must kill a man.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by VanuatuWycombe: 7:12am On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=bluefilm post=108783996]

Continue drinking.

When you reach like 60 years and you are battling with diabetes, na dat time e go do you voom for eye.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Jazzman01: 7:31am On Dec 25, 2021
Truvelisback:

Very bad. It can lead to a wide range of diseases like diabetes, heart problems, kidney problems etc. You can search it on Google and you will see what it can cause if consumed daily.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by alaricsaltzman: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2021
Grandmeister:

The point is that the forbidden one is even less dangerous than the unforbidden one! Cigarettes is not forbidden in Islam but people die in their thousands every year from it. Do you know that fermented palm wine is alcoholic? But yet more healthy than your Pepsi and coke. What an irony.

Lemme ask you one question.

Can you drink 5 - 10 bottles of Pepsi in a day and get intoxicated that you end up doing regrettable things?

My point exactly!
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by alaricsaltzman: 10:51am On Dec 25, 2021
flokii:

Islam should have made soft drinks forbidden too considering the negative health impacts on people..

Alcohol as we know is as old as time itself, maybe that's why your islam captured it as forbidden.

Everything should be consumed in moderation.

However, unlike alcohol, soft drinks won't intoxicate you.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Fedar(m): 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
You'll get addicted to the extent of taking more bottles in a day subsequently leading to high level of glucose in the body which increases the risk of diabetes and most cardiovascular diseases.
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by porka: 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
Karleb:

Which white people are you talking about?

The ones in Mars? undecided

Warren Buffett drinks 5 cans of Coke a day - here's why he switched from Pepsi after nearly 50 years

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/warren-buffett-drinks-5-cans-of-coke-a-day-heres-why-he-switched-from-pepsi-after-nearly-50-years/ar-BB1chM7k

Warren Buffett’s go-to order at this famous steakhouse may surprise you
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/09/heres-what-warren-buffett-likes-to-eat.html
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by porka: 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
Jazzman01:

Very bad. It can lead to a wide range of diseases like diabetes, heart problems, kidney problems etc. You can search it on Google and you will see what it can cause if consumed daily.

It may lead...

Warren Buffett's diet still includes 5 cans of coke, McDonald’s and Dairy Queen

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/inside-warren-buffett-junk-food-diet-which-includes-5-cans-of-coke-mcdonalds-and-dairy-queen
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by porka: 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2021
VanuatuWycombe:

60 is even much. You don’t tell someone not to be a leper, so far such person can live in isolation.

Does anyone need to tell the OP that soda is not good for human consumption? He should go online to read or watch more about diabetes and cancers. I pray the side effect is reversible when he starts seeing the effect.

A whole C Ronaldo who has been more active than the OP in the last 20 years, with his billions of dollars that can buy the best medical care in this world, runs away from soda.

May be the OP prefers people to open GOFUNDME account for him later in his years or sharing one bank account for treatment of one ailment in one country.

Not breaking down now doesn’t mean he doesn’t have excess sugar in his body already. He should get a sugar level testing machine and be checking that every week and ask medical doctor for optimum sugar level for his body.

May be the OP likes being transferred from one hospital to another, or looking for certain scarce drug from one pharmacy to another.

Time shall tell.

Dokiii

Warren Buffet is 91 years old, has drank Pepsi/Coke fore more than 50 years - 5 cans a day. He is yet to be advised to stop.
What advice do you have for him, Dokita?
Re: Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? by Karleb(m): 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
porka:

Warren Buffett drinks 5 cans of Coke a day - here's why he switched from Pepsi after nearly 50 years

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/warren-buffett-drinks-5-cans-of-coke-a-day-heres-why-he-switched-from-pepsi-after-nearly-50-years/ar-BB1chM7k

Warren Buffett’s go-to order at this famous steakhouse may surprise you
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/09/heres-what-warren-buffett-likes-to-eat.html

Warren Buffet is just one white person. Not white people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Natural Ways To Prevent Hair Loss / Does Anyone Know Keloids Cure? / Why Sleep Deprivation Is Dangerous To Your Health

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.