Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,159 members, 7,946,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:44 AM

As A Man, Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns More Than You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Man, Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns More Than You? (1862 Views)

Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. / What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . / Would You Marry A Girl Who Earns Twice Your Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Man, Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns More Than You? by 4wardever(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2011
These days, i see a lot of marriages torn apart so easily all because of one thing, Money. Not because the money is absent but because the woman earns far more than the husband. I believe it is the duty of the man to lead but sometimes the tables get turned and things go the other way. Given this, the other side of the woman gets revealed and the once-sweet and rosy Mrs becomes a thorn in the man's flesh always throwing his "status" at his face. As a young man, can you marry a lady who earns more than you?
Re: As A Man, Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns More Than You? by snowdrops(m): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2011
most men are proud and would be pretty uncomfortable going into such a marriage. however a good number would jump into it as gold diggers. when the financial status is defined from the start, ie, wife richer than husband, i believe it might create less friction later. however when you have problem is if the man suffers a set back midway into the marriage and the woman becomes the bread winner.
Re: As A Man, Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns More Than You? by babyme1(f): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2011
Most men are intimidated by women who earns more than them. I know most marriages have issues because of this, and IMO if a man thinks he can't stand his wife bringing home more money he should get his a5s out there and do something.
Re: As A Man, Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns More Than You? by kokoye(m): 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2011
Gladly.

it does not define me.

. . and more money for the union - it is a union, right?
Re: As A Man, Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns More Than You? by Blazay(m): 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
A day off at last! Na sleep be dis?  Make I balance well well for my bed. Nothing like a working woman I tellya.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/a-13-2009-02-11-voa18-68715392.html

A new study by the liberal Center for American Progress in Washington shows men are losing jobs at a disproportionately higher rate than women.

With no end in sight to what some economists say will be the longest recession since the Second World War, some analysts say women could soon outnumber men in the workplace.

Amen to that! grin
Time for men to become house husbands! kiss
God bless America. . . .my home sweeeeeeeeet home! cool
Re: As A Man, Would You Marry A Woman Who Earns More Than You? by 4wardever(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
baby.me:

Most men are intimidated by women who earns more than them. I know most marriages have issues because of this, and IMO if a man thinks he can't stand his wife bringing home more money he should get his a5s out there and do something.

I would not call it intimidation but self-doubt. But it becomes worsened when the woman who you are supposed to be "ONE" with begins to treat you like a good-for-nothing piece of matter.
Now that's what scares me from marriage these days.

Blazay:

A day off at last! Na sleep be dis?  Make I balance well well for my bed. Nothing like a working woman I tellya.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/a-13-2009-02-11-voa18-68715392.html

Amen to that! grin
Time for men to become house husbands! kiss
God bless America. . . .my home sweeeeeeeeet home! cool

Goodluck to you guy!  cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Can Somebody Hep Out?i Really Need Help! / Reasons Why Women Are Wonderful Creatures / Let's Separate Men From The Boys: Do You Remember This? (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.