Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:35 PM

To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria (2920 Views)

How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? / Man Who Attempted JAMB 8 Times, Graduates With 2nd Class Upper / 7 Reasons Why Polytechnic Students Are Rated 2nd Class Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Bankz007(m): 7:45am On Jan 02, 2022
Morning guys...

Please am reaching out to all 2nd class lower that are now in the work force...

Am currently an undergradute in my final year, and am trying my best to move up to 2nd class upper but just so i can stop killing my self with thinking ...
I need to know this fact...

Am aware that there is no jobs in the country but people still dey get...

Will my cert be useless in a job search?

Is there a profitble life in whitecollar job with a 2nd lower?

Please be nice with your answers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Epher: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2022
Try your best, truth be told, the higher your class, the better your chances of securing good jobs.

Another truth is that skills are what really sell nowadays, very few jobs are capable of paying one's bills totally and giving one the life one wants.

Finally, know God, if you do, you shall do exploits, for eyes have not seen nor ears heard what God has in stall for those with him.

Selah.

13 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by talk2hb1(m): 9:35am On Jan 02, 2022
Bankz007:
Morning guys...

Am currently an undergradute in my final year, and am trying my best to move up to 2nd class upper but just so i can stop killing my self with thinking ...

I graduated with 2:2 and I have never lack job offer.
But their is a catch to it, I developed my employable skills while in school. Already built my portfolio before graduating from school, work in a comfortable organisation now.

4 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Rickmann: 9:44am On Jan 02, 2022
talk2hb1:

I graduated with 2:2 and I have never lack job offer.
But their is a catch to it, I developed my employable skills while in school. Already built my portfolio before graduating from school, work in a comfortable organisation now.

What are these employable skills if I may ask pls.

1 Like

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by talk2hb1(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2022
Rickmann:

What are these employable skills if I may ask pls.
First I did not plan to practice my course of study (Urban planning) secondly I intend to not to beg for job whatsoever (so I understand what employers want)
What employers basically wants is being relevant to them, be a problem solver. Every job interview I attended my aim is to change the rule of engagement from normal questions to answer concept. Talk about their company, talk about their business, talk about economy, talk about your skill set, how you can help them solve their business problems.
Just developed yourself in a marketable skills, and learn how to promote yourself (Marketing & Sales)
I am a software developer, a cofounder now, and I work where I can't share online with anybody online.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Harrykn: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2022
talk2hb1:

First I did not plan to practice my course of study (Urban planning) secondly I intend to not to beg for job whatsoever (so I understand what employers want)
What employers basically wants is being relevant to them, be a problem solver. Every job interview I attended my aim is to change the rule of engagement from normal questions to answer concept. Talk about their company, talk about their business, talk about economy, talk about your skill set, how you can help them solve their business problems.
Just developed yourself in a marketable skills, and learn how to promote yourself (Marketing & Sales)
I am a software developer, a cofounder now, and I work where I can't share online with anybody online.
No Cap...
This is a comrade with knowledge and understanding.
Where can I start my programming lessons bro, I’ve moved round HTML, CSS, Python, Batch programming and it seems I don’t even have a niche!

3 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by gentleibraheem(m): 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
Second class upper is very very Important.
don't listen to anybody telling you shit. a 2:2 limits your chances to get a job by almost 70%. Its either you've got connection or you're into Tech. aside that 2:2 can only get you less than 100k Jobs. though your course of study should also be put into consideration.

2 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by riverbird: 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
Am a graduate of petroleum and gas engineering but now am into web development full stack though still a rookie but I believe in the near future I will get to the top of my career.....may the gods water our paths so it can become greener.....

6 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Rickmann: 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
talk2hb1:

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by febirim09: 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
There are lots of opportunities that abound for you as a 2:2 graduate. It's not only IT skills, there are thousands of opportunities. But you need to decide where you want to be, don't choose something cos everyone is doing it. Decide the area, upgrade yourself in the area you decide to play at. I graduated, got 3 job offers after school, 1 in my course of study, an NGO and a bank. I settled for the Bank cos it allowed me to remain in the heart of town where I can follow through on my aspirations. I resigned furthered my education, started a business that paid 6-7 figures. You can be anything, don't let anyone or anything stop you. All the best

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by riverbird: 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
febirim09:
There are lots of opportunities that abound for you as a 2:2 graduate. It's not only IT skills, there are thousands of opportunities. But you need to decide where you want to be, don't choose something cos everyone is doing it. Decide the area, upgrade yourself in the area you decide to play at. I graduated, got 3 job offers after school, 1 in my course of study, an NGO and a bank. I settled for the Bank cos it allowed me to remain in the heart of town where I can follow through on my aspirations. I resigned furthered my education, started a business that paid 6-7 figures. You can be anything, don't let anyone or anything stop you. All the best

Nice one.....

4 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by talk2hb1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
Harrykn:

No Cap...
This is a comrade with knowledge and understanding.
Where can I start my programming lessons bro, I’ve moved round HTML, CSS, Python, Batch programming and it seems I don’t even have a niche!
It's like you are gravitated towards web application, just learn to build your portfolio.
Employers wants to see impressive resume portfolio. Try to deploy your project too, so you can have something to point to online.

1 Like

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by talk2hb1(m): 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2022
gentleibraheem:

don't listen to anybody telling you shit. a 2:2 limits your chances to get a job by almost 70%. Its either you've got connection or you're into Tech. aside that 2:2 can only get you less than 100k Jobs. though your course of study should also be put into consideration.
Big Giant Lie, your only limit is you.
Put yourself in employers shoe, let's say you are trying to employ two graduates a first class graduates with just certificates and a third class with experience, good track records of problem solving, and of course done something related to what you want do now with good deliverables results. Which of them will you employ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Joeyfizzo: 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
The Military don't employ 2:2 graduates as commissioned officers....not sure of the army tho

1 Like

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by ayobams(m): 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2022
I had 2.2 in "Educational Management" to put it in proper context at the age of 24 and completed my Masters programme in same at the age of 28. Guess what..? I got a job to work in the bank at the age of 30! and was placed as an Executive Assistant even with just the 1st degree. I finally left in 2021 as I couldn't cope anymore with crazy targets. �. Even though I was laid off in 2016, I got another banking job in 2018. Apparently, I was asked to resign but I now run a management consulting firm. We are barely six months into operations though we got incorporated in 2018.
Why all this shalaye?

You alone can limit yourself. Get the grades if you can but don't beat yourself up for it.

I repeat you alone can decide the kind of future you want.
Cheers.

Bankz007:
Morning guys...

1 Like

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Eatfucksleep(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
I had 2.2 working in Federal government commission for almost a decade now
Bankz007:
Morning guys...

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Richdee1(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
febirim09:

Can you give me a name to the NGO?
Want to do Start an Internship this year
Or others you know about
Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
All the folks commenting here are just making it look as if getting a job is easy, nowadays wey First class graduate dey carry certificate Trek upandan under sun

@ op no kill yourself oh do as ur brain fit carry you reach cos las las nothing fit still come out

2 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bankz007:
Morning guys...

Before you graduate, learn a software skill. Perfect it in fact.

During my time, I thought Second Class Lower graduates are done for, but I can tell you for a fact that many of them are doing better than me presently. I am grateful to God for how far He has brought me though.

If you only limit yourself to your certificate, that's all you will get.

But in all, I'd still advise you graduate with a second class upper.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by mactoni91(m): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
Forget grades...

I Came out 2.2 in Counselling Psychology...

But currently working with one of the biggest Power Distribution company in Africa.

You should be more concerned about creating values and solving problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by CSTRR: 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
To be honest a second class upper is very essential.

There is nobody in my class that had a 2.1 and is not doing well today.

Dangote just packed all of them.
9 of them are currently in Dangote.

4 of them are in NNPC.
And the best of it is that one of my guys that used to borrow money from us to feed while in school, just entered Total E&P.

I am also employed in a nice engineering firm too.

2.1 is very powerful.

But with 2.2, you can still get to those places with certifications, experience and God's favor.

3 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Animegirl(f): 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
smiley

Let me tell you a short true life story. I have two friends, one graduated with a 2.1 and the other 2.2. They both apply for the same job, went for interview and guess who they picked for the job, the guy with a 2.2 because he had skills and was quiet valuable.

See forget that your grade. Learn skills related to your course or other skills which doesn't require certificates and pray for God's grace. Make yourself valuable. After all, is not everything we learnt in school, the practical aspect is in the real world and be a problem solver.

1 Like

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Harrykn: 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
talk2hb1:

It's like you are gravitated towards web application, just learn to build your portfolio.
Employers wants to see impressive resume portfolio. Try to deploy your project too, so you can have something to point to online.
Yes sir...
That’s where I’m heading and luckily for me my laptop is coming, I’ll be running front-end development. what’s your advice for front end developers?

1 Like

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by talk2hb1(m): 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
Harrykn:

Yes sir...
That’s where I’m heading and luckily for me my laptop is coming, I’ll be running front-end development. what’s your advice for front end developers?
You have to choose as a starter frontend or backend as a starter.
Later you can know which to choose, I do both Sha.

2 Likes

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
The truth is aside from the tech industry which is heavy on skills rather than paper certificates. You have close to a 0 percent chance of getting a job within any industry.

You cant even join the military with a 2 2. Without tech, 2 2 graduates would have been poor, miserable and useless in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by othermen: 3:16am On Jan 03, 2022
You are still in school and you can still make a 2.1, yet you are looking for justification not to push or exert yourself.

Not pushing or exerting yourself is often what brings about frustration as regards career. You should work on this outlook.

1 Like

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by airexx: 3:40am On Jan 03, 2022
gentleibraheem:

Stop fooling yourself Mr. Man. How did you take those statistics please?

1 Like

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Gadafii: 4:08am On Jan 03, 2022
Op learn digital skills or craft while you can now, na the mistake wey I do be that, bring self employed and earning money from different sources is sexier than working for a firm and only confined to one source of income, that u even loose your self in the job, you won't have time to do other stuff, but with your digital skills, or craft you make money at your pace, you make more money when you reach others your skills.

This year, I am going back to fashion designing, the years I wasted in school, if I had learnt something, now I will be earning thru .y craft and can actually sponsor my self to school to earn that cert

1 Like

Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Harrykn: 8:52am On Jan 03, 2022
talk2hb1:

You have to choose as a starter frontend or backend as a starter.
Later you can know which to choose, I do both Sha.
Thank you ��
Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by febirim09: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2022
Richdee1:

Can you give me a name to the NGO?
Want to do Start an Internship this year
Or others you know about

It's quite a long time I can't quite recall the name properly now. There are loads of organisations who would take an intern, just show you're good to go and how to can contribute sincerely to their growth.....
Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by Richdee1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2022
febirim09:

It's quite a long time I can't quite recall the name properly now. There are loads of organisations who would take an intern, just show you're good to go and how to can contribute sincerely to their growth.....

Bro I would not lie to you, I've seen loads of iNGO online that one can be able to contact big you see this local ones here in Nigeria is really hard to find on Google, even when I see them, they don reply emails or message or even pick calls

If you have some ones off head, you can help me out, no knowledge is wasted

Best regards
Re: To All Graduate 2nd Class Lower In Nigeria by ragingsea: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
riverbird:
Am a graduate of petroleum and gas engineering but now am into web development full stack though still a rookie but I believe in the near future I will get to the top of my career.....may the gods water our paths so it can become greener.....

Boss abeg how can i get in contact with you please

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Most Predators Normally Don't Attack Humans? / Not/yet Accredited Courses In Nigerian Universities. / Proverbs In Your Language & Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.