Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,081 members, 7,946,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God (2144 Views)

A Message To Lordreed / Last Night, I Saw "Lordreed" With A Lady Who Tried To Seduce Me In A Dream / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 10:03am On Oct 31, 2022
LordReed:

Another thing you have no evidence for. Everything you are saying is just layers upon layers of nothing.

The evidences are all around you. You're a wise man, isn't it? We don't need to argue it. You've made your choice, its okay.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 11:27am On Oct 31, 2022
MFGCooperative:

The evidences are all around you. You're a wise man, isn't it? We don't need to argue it. You've made your choice, its okay.

LoLz! How are the walls, floor and ceiling of my house evidence for spirit or a god?

2 Likes

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! How are the walls, floor and ceiling of my house evidence for spirit or a god?

Who's talking about your house? I'm talking about your physical body. That's your house. You'll step out of it someday.

At least you sleep and dream. What moves about when you dream? Your body?

One day, you'll be in a dream, but you'll never wake up. Pray it wouldn't be a terrible dream.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by sonmvayina(m): 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
Speaklove:
First of all #Lordreed I never intended to go public -with with this discussion between myself and you.
but as i was noting down the words that God inspired me to give as a reply to your question I found out that "they are too
Powerful and effect-creating"so much that they could also be the saving grace for others while keeping you in view .

This is not a plan to shame you or put you to public ridicule or debate -I am not a debator.
So please bear with me and forgive me for taking this path .
Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding-#speaklove

This is was Lordreed's reply to one of my comment on a particular post of mine
This is the link https://www.nairaland.com/6901414/ever-thought

This is my reply .
It is not meant for lordreed alone but also for all those who upheld the same thought about god like himself.

#speaklove#
You said
" A god that resides in your mind. "
#me
So if you claimed he resides in my mind then that should be one if the evidences that he is real because ;the mind is one of the four components of the soul .

The human soul is a living matter ,
And the mind is not an ordinary term to describe the thinking faculty of a human but a factual space of existence within the soul of man .

Secondly
You said "If your god was real you'd direct me to him but alas all you can do is offer supplication to your mental magic sky daddy"

#me
This is an indication that you've conceived a wrong or partial definition of the term or word "REALITY" within you .

"Reality" is not "Reality" because you can see or touch it ,rather it is about what you can or not see or what you can hear or not hear but
Which affect and influence your existence irrespective of your knowledge about it or acknowledgement of it .

So God was not or is not real because we think or imagined his existence but because we can see and feel his influence ,his power ,his dominion ,his artistic splendor displayed all over the wall of creation .

We ourselves are one of the proofs of the existence and reality of god -in that we are constantly faced with bewilderment every time we behold the streams of miraculous innovations and new findings from experiment conducted by this wonderful being called man .
So even the findings done through scientific experiments are not(or should not be) for discrediting the existence of God but for pointing to undeniable and factual traits that are no less than the handiwork if a higher being
Whose splendor are greater than anything humans can think or imagine ,and this being can not be called anything less than God-the Creator.

In fact;sometimes it is the wonder that flows from the exploits of men that made some men to begun to call some of their fellow men "gods" .
Even the man David looked at man and wondered, that he asked in
Psalms 8:4-6
[4]"What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?
[5]For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
[6]You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,
But they had no knowledge that man was made in the image and likeness of God.
This means: man was created to manifest the majesty of God to the whole of creation as a representative of God on earth .

So the scriptures say
Romans 8:19
[19]For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.

You #Lordreed#
I believe you are here on nairaland .
I did not believe because I could see you
But I believed your existence here on nairaland because I can feel you and see the works of your hand .

You yourself are an expression of the reality of God.

If you are looking for the evidence of the reality of God do not go far my dear friend
But look at yourself in a mirror .

You are fake as far as the mirror is concern because you don't live in the mirror ,
(same way god does not live in the world)

The mirror can't see you (even though you can see yourself in the mirror)
The mirror can't hear you (even though you can hear yourself speaking be for the mirror)

But you yourself know that you truly exist even though the mirror doubt or deny your existence .

The mirror can not see you
But you can see the mirror and even see yourself in the mirror .

The same way when God want to take a look at himself to see how he looks
He looks at "Lordreed" and smile and say how handsome I am .

But "lordeed" doesn't want to believe in god because he cant see God ,but God can see himself in" Lordreed" because God is real .

Lordreel -you are like " a mirror ",and God is like "Lordreed " who take a look at a mirror and see himself in the mirror even though the mirror might disagree , deny or doubt the existence of Lordreed".

So the mirror's inability to hear or see lordreed does not invalidate the existence of Lordreed .
The same way
Lordreed's inability to hear or see God does not invalidate the existence of God .

This is my reply to Lordreed and to every other person who upheld the same thought that he penned out as a question or argument for the nonexistence of God .

This answer his inspired by the spirit of the same God whose existence you question or doubt .
Even this answer alone is a pointer to the glory of the living God -even Jehovah who saved us and washes us from our sins by the blood of his son Jesus Christ .
For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whosoever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

#Lordreed .this is a stream of love that flows from the heart of the spirit of the living God who dwells in me towards you ,
And he declare unto you today and now
2 Corinthians 6:2
[2]For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Please yield your hearts to Jesus and be saved.! please.

I love you .

Modified thrice by 7 :45pm. On 2 -1 - 2022

This idea or concept you describe, how did it get a woman pregnant? What does it need a son for when we are all created in his image and likeness.

How is jesus different from us if he existed at all,as I believe he is just a made up character by the Roman Catholic church..

1 Like

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by sonmvayina(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2022
You are just assuming you know what you are describing. I doubt you have any idea what God might be...you just kept God in a box..

You still have much to learn.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
MFGCooperative:

Who's talking about your house? I'm talking about your physical body. That's your house. You'll step out of it someday.

At least you sleep and dream. What moves about when you dream? Your body?

One day, you'll be in a dream, but you'll never wake up. Pray it wouldn't be a terrible dream.

Again you have no evidence of this. You cannot step out of your body because you are your body or at least that is what the evidence suggests. There is no evidence for any sort of spirit inside the human body. If I ask you what spirit is, I doubt you can even give a cohesive answer, talk more of providing evidence for it.

I don't have terrible dreams anymore since I know when I am dreaming and I know the dream is not real. There is nothing moving about in a dream, its just in your head.

If dreams are what convince you spirits exist then you might be gaslighting yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
LordReed:

Again you have no evidence of this. You cannot step out of your body because you are your body or at least that is what the evidence suggests. There is no evidence for any sort of spirit inside the human body. If I ask you what spirit is, I doubt you can even give a cohesive answer, talk more of providing evidence for it.

I don't have terrible dreams anymore since I know when I am dreaming and I know the dream is not real. There is nothing moving about in a dream, its just in your head.

If dreams are what convince you spirits exist then you might be gaslighting yourself.

We've explored the spirit realm my brother. I just used dream to bring you some ideas.

Now, take note of this. Assuming an argument ensues between you and someone who has never dreamt in his life (I've actually met several people like that) He is disputing with you that dreams don't exist. It's just a figment of the imagination. There's nothing called 'dream'. How would you prove to this person that dreams are possible?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
MFGCooperative:

We've explored the spirit realm my brother. I just used dream to bring you some ideas.

Now, take note of this. Assuming an argument ensues between you and someone who has never dreamt in his life (I've actually met several people like that) He is disputing with you that dreams don't exist. It's just a figment of the imagination. There's nothing called 'dream'. How would you prove to this person that dreams are possible?

You and who have explored the spirit realm? And where is this realm you were exploring?

Why do i need to prove to him something that is literally in his head? A dream is a thought in the head does he not have thoughts?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
LordReed:

You and who have explored the spirit realm? And where is this realm you were exploring?

Why do i need to prove to him something that is literally in his head? A dream is a thought in the head does he not have thoughts?

Tell me how thoughts and dreams are related. So, you mean someone who sits down to think, is already dreaming?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
MFGCooperative:

Tell me how thoughts and dreams are related. So, you mean someone who sits down to think, is already dreaming?

A dream is an imagination, an imagination is a thought, that's how they are related. When someone is lost in thought we usual say they are daydreaming because while they are in fact awake they so lost in their imaginations they are just as inattentive as someone asleep.

1 Like

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
LordReed:

A dream is an imagination, an imagination is a thought, that's how they are related. When someone is lost in thought we usual say they are daydreaming because while they are in fact awake they so lost in their imaginations they are just as inattentive as someone asleep.

You mean someone can be sleeping and thinking at the same time?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
MFGCooperative:

You mean someone can be sleeping and thinking at the same time?

LoLz! Your brain doesn't stop working because you are asleep so yes while you are asleep thoughts are still being processed in your head.

1 Like

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 6:38am On Nov 01, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! Your brain doesn't stop working because you are asleep so yes while you are asleep thoughts are still being processed in your head.

I doubt this.

However, this doesn't convince someone who has never dreamt that people do see themselves in places while asleep.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2022
MFGCooperative:

I doubt this.

However, this doesn't convince someone who has never dreamt that people do see themselves in places while asleep.

LoLz! Go look up sleep studies that monitor brain activity while the subjects are asleep. Here lemme help get started: https://www.news-medical.net/health/Brain-Activity-During-Sleep.aspx
https://www.google.com/search?q=sleep+study+monitoring+brain+activity&oq=sleep+study+monitoring+brain+activity&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160j33i22i29i30.25055j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Like I said I don't need to convince him of anything, it is something he already experiences in a different form.

1 Like

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! Go look up sleep studies that monitor brain activity while the subjects are asleep. Here lemme help get started: https://www.news-medical.net/health/Brain-Activity-During-Sleep.aspx
https://www.google.com/search?q=sleep+study+monitoring+brain+activity&oq=sleep+study+monitoring+brain+activity&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160j33i22i29i30.25055j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Like I said I don't need to convince him of anything, it is something he already experiences in a different form.

In those links you posted above, there's nothing that shows that people keep thinking while they sleep.

Brain activities must definitely continue during sleep. 'Thinking' is not the only activity of the brain. Yeah, the EEG shows people can have imagery during deep sleep which could be counted as dreams.

There are people whose dreams predict future events. Their dreams accurately come to pass. How do you explain this phenomenon?

The fact that some dreams do come to pass in real life is suggestive of the fact that dreams are more than mere brain activities.

Science has really tried but science isn't perfect. There are some so called findings today that would be debunked, redefined and revised tomorrow just as many scientific findings of yesterday are being revised today.

Absolutely relying on science's fallible findings is not the right way to live.

And again, if the brain can have such complex functions as to be able to send brain waves during sleep, do you then really think that such a powerful tool was created by accident?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2022
MFGCooperative:

In those links you posted above, there's nothing that shows that people keep thinking while they sleep.

Brain activities must definitely continue during sleep. 'Thinking' is not the only activity of the brain. Yeah, the EEG shows people can have imagery during deep sleep which could be counted as dreams.

There are people whose dreams predict future events. Their dreams accurately come to pass. How do you explain this phenomenon?

The fact that some dreams do come to pass in real life is suggestive of the fact that dreams are more than mere brain activities.

Science has really tried but science isn't perfect. There are some so called findings today that would be debunked, redefined and revised tomorrow just as many scientific findings of yesterday are being revised today.

Absolutely relying on science's fallible findings is not the right way to live.

And again, if the brain can have such complex functions as to be able to send brain waves during sleep, do you then really think that such a powerful tool was created by accident?

Don't confuse yourself , I didn't say a sleeping person was actively thinking I said the brain is still processing thoughts. Thoughts are constantly in your mind whether you are actively thinking them or not. That is the most likely origin of dreams.

And what of the dreams that don't come to pass? You are indulging in confirmation bias, ignoring the data that doesn't fit into your narrative. Every sort of prediction always has a chance to come to pass. You are like someone saying Octopus Paul is a spirit because it could predict football outcomes or that throwing dice is spiritual becomes some of the outcomes favour you. If you use that type of method then you can use it it to prove anything.

Where did I say the brain was created by accident?

2 Likes

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2022
LordReed:

Don't confuse yourself , I didn't say a sleeping person was actively thinking I said the brain is still processing thoughts. Thoughts are constantly in your mind whether you are actively thinking them or not. That is the most likely origin of dreams.

And what of the dreams that don't come to pass? You are indulging in confirmation bias, ignoring the data that doesn't fit into your narrative. Every sort of prediction always has a chance to come to pass. You are like someone saying Octopus Paul is a spirit because it could predict football outcomes or that throwing dice is spiritual becomes some of the outcomes favour you. If you use that type of method then you can use it it to prove anything.

Where did I say the brain was created by accident?

Your line is thought is still subject to more scrutiny.

We can generally assume that dreams have no spiritual connections but for the fact that some dreams come to pass, we need to have a review of that assumption.

Most dreams have interpretations. If the meaning of a dream isn't known you wouldn't be aware of what came to pass.

The difference between Atheists and Theists is that, one set is not seeing anything spiritual at all. This happens to people who gave their time to religion that carries no substance.

There's nothing in religion. Anybody practicing any form of religion can become an atheist some day.

But, the second set of people are those who have consciously and deliberately explored the spirit realm. Having had spiritual experiences themselves, there's no way such persons can ever become an atheist.

It's like the case of a blind man who says there's nothing called 'moon' simply because he neither sees it nor feels it. But, the man with sight would shake his head in pity for the blind man due to his sheer ignorance.

That's how it feels when people who have explored the spiritual realm and are still exploring it hear atheists talk. You know how it feels when you claim you are a house owner, and someone is challenging you that you're lying. It's better in the days of mobile phones. When there were no phones, how would such a person prove that he has a house in some far away lands? You know how the house owner would feel. That's how I feel about you right now. I just keep wondering why on earth some set of people can deny obvious realities. Of course, it's not obvious to you. But it's so obvious to me and I keep wondering why you cannot see what I'm seeing.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2022
MFGCooperative:

Your line is thought is still subject to more scrutiny.

We can generally assume that dreams have no spiritual connections but for the fact that some dreams come to pass, we need to have a review of that assumption.

Most dreams have interpretations. If the meaning of a dream isn't known you wouldn't be aware of what came to pass.

The difference between Atheists and Theists is that, one set is not seeing anything spiritual at all. This happens to people who gave their time to religion that carries no substance.

There's nothing in religion. Anybody practicing any form of religion can become an atheist some day.

But, the second set of people are those who have consciously and deliberately explored the spirit realm. Having had spiritual experiences themselves, there's no way such persons can ever become an atheist.

It's like the case of a blind man who says there's nothing called 'moon' simply because he neither sees it nor feels it. But, the man with sight would shake his head in pity for the blind man due to his sheer ignorance.

That's how it feels when people who have explored the spiritual realm and are still exploring it hear atheists talk. You know how it feels when you claim you are a house owner, and someone is challenging you that you're lying. It's better in the days of mobile phones. When there were no phones, how would such a person prove that he has a house in some far away lands? You know how the house owner would feel. That's how I feel about you right now. I just keep wondering why on earth some set of people can deny obvious realities. Of course, it's not obvious to you. But it's so obvious to me and I keep wondering why you cannot see what I'm seeing.

What is spirit and spirit realm? Can you show me any proof of what you have explored?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
LordReed:

What is spirit and spirit realm? Can you show me any proof of what you have explored?

Man, let's assume you're arguing with a blind man, how would you prove to him that the moon exists?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 10:26pm On Nov 04, 2022
MFGCooperative:

Man, let's assume you're arguing with a blind man, how would you prove to him that the moon exists?

Not interested in this rigamarole. Either you can provide the definitions and proof or you can't.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2022
LordReed:

Not interested in this rigamarole. Either you can provide the definitions and proof or you can't.

You definitely couldn't prove the existence of the moon to a blind man, could you?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by Maynnmaan: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
MFGCooperative:

You definitely couldn't prove the existence of the moon to a blind man, could you?

How can you prove to a blind person that sight actually exists, that there are, in reality, people who see?

1 Like

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2022
Maynnmaan:

How can you prove to a blind person that sight actually exists, that there are, in reality, people who see?

By telling him to sit, walk or do whatever he feels like doing, and then tell him what he's doing as he does them.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by Maynnmaan: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
MFGCooperative:

By telling him to sit, walk or do whatever he feels like doing, and then tell him what he's doing as he does them.

What if this blind man doesn’t know what “walk” and “sit” means, the same way he doesn’t know what “moon” means?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2022
Maynnmaan:

What if this blind man doesn’t know what “walk” and “sit” means, the same way he doesn’t know what moon means?

Then, tell him to do just anything, and then you'll tell him what he's doing.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by Maynnmaan: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2022
MFGCooperative:

Then, tell him to do just anything, and then you'll tell him what he's doing.
What if he is bed ridden?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
Maynnmaan:

What if he is bed ridden?

Let him blink, wriggle his tongue, change his breathing pattern or move whatever he can. Then, while he does, tell him exactly what he's doing.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by Maynnmaan: 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
MFGCooperative:

Let him blink, wriggle his tongue, change his breathing pattern or move whatever he can. Then, while he does, tell him exactly what he's doing.

He is bed ridden.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by LordReed(m): 5:59am On Nov 09, 2022
MFGCooperative:

So you can provide evidence to a blind man but when I ask you to provide evidence for spirit realm you start dribbling your own shadow. LoLz.

2 Likes

Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2022
LordReed:

So you can provide evidence to a blind man but when I ask you to provide evidence for spirit realm you start dribbling your own shadow. LoLz.

Yes, because those things were in his realm.

The moon for instance is not in the blind man's realm. Tell me how you would prove the existence of the noon or sky to a blind man. Of course you couldn't answer the question.

The spirit realm is not your realm. You can only see it when you enter it.

Since you couldn't provide evidence for the existence of the noon or the sky to a blind man, does that mean the moon and sky do not exist?
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by MFGCooperative: 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2022
Maynnmaan:

He is bed ridden.

Is he bedridden or completely paralysed?

If he's complete paralysed, then, he's as good as dead. You can't prove anything to a dead man.
Re: My Open Reply To "Lordreed" On His Argument Concerning The Existence Of God by Maynnmaan: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
MFGCooperative:

Is he bedridden or completely paralysed?

If he's complete paralysed, then, he's as good as dead. You can't prove anything to a dead man.

You mean paralyzed and dead are the same thing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Key Fact About What Happened When We Die / What Can God Not Do? / Where Can I Get Td Jake Audio Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.