Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,485 members, 7,892,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

Confused About Programming Language To Learn - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Confused About Programming Language To Learn (564 Views)

Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide / Programming Software That Will Change How You Think About Programming / The Only Thing I Know About Programming Is Its Spelling, How Do I Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused About Programming Language To Learn by SLOVFO(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
Please good people, what single programming language can one learn and live on comfortably as a freelancer? I am considering leaving paid employment for freelancing.
Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by Pravedk: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2022
Take JavaScript; learn react or Vue

Or

Take python, learn Django or flask that is if you want to learn web development.

But if it's anything data just go with python. But let me tell you, data science is no child's play. Forget the jokes people are talking about. Data science requires serious seriousness �

By the Blockchain is gaining traction these days. U fit learn am too.
Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by stanliwise(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
SLOVFO:
Please good people, what single programming language can one learn and live on comfortably as a freelancer? I am considering leaving paid employment for freelancing.
Change the question to what value can someone offer and live a good life.
People don’t get pay because they know how to just speak a language. It is the value they can offer.

Be value driven today
Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by SLOVFO(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
Pravedk:
Take JavaScript; learn react or Vue

Or

Take python, learn Django or flask that is if you want to learn web development.

But if it's anything data just go with python. But let me tell you, data science is no child's play. Forget the jokes people are talking about. Data science requires serious seriousness �

By the Blockchain is gaining traction these days. U fit learn am too.

Thanks brother. I will consider starting with Python.
Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by SLOVFO(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
stanliwise:

Change the question to what value can someone offer and live a good life.
People don’t get pay because they know how to just speak a language. It is the value they can offer.

Be value driven today
Who's talking about speaking a language? You obviously don't know what I am talking about here. What do you think freelancing is all about? It's also a form of exchange of values.
Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by stanliwise(m): 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
SLOVFO:

Who's talking about speaking a language? You obviously don't know what I am talking about here.

If only you knew who I am. Or you also think I was talking of spoken languages embarassed

What do you think freelancing is all about? It's also a form of exchange of values.
If only you knew value is what a professional programmer life depends on then you would make a reconsideration and stop thinking languages
Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by SLOVFO(m): 8:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
stanliwise:

If only you knew who I am. Or you also think I was talking of spoken languages embarassed

If only you knew value is what a professional programmer life depends on then you would make a reconsideration and stop thinking languages

Alright sir. Maybe I didn't get what you were saying.
Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by jesmond3945: 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
SLOVFO:

Thanks brother. I will consider starting with Python.
add aws or azure, restful apis and mongodb to your learning.

1 Like

Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by shintaku(m): 6:38am On Jan 05, 2022
SLOVFO:

Who's talking about speaking a language? You obviously don't know what I am talking about here. What do you think freelancing is all about? It's also a form of exchange of values.

Do not jump into conclusion if you are not sure of what was said.

He is referring to speaking coding language like speak java, speak js, speak python, speak c#, etc.

He gave you a valuable advice. Freelance clients do pay because you speak those languages, they pay because you provided a solutiin to the problem.

1 Like

Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by SALVATION30(m): 7:39am On Jan 05, 2022
Web development
Frontend
Html, css, js, DOM, soft skills (problem solving,.. ), frameworks (react or angular or Vue), libraries (bootstraps, css-in-js, animation, editors,...)
Backend
Server-side language(nodejs,ruby, python,php,...), Restful API and graphql, cloud service (aws, heroku, docker,...), libraries(for sessions, authentication, database,...)

Data science
Python (and it's data science libraries)

Mobile development
Programing language libraries (react native for JavaScript, java, flutter, kotlin,...)

embedded system
C, embedded C and C++ (don't try embedded system in Nigeria, it's the toughest)

Game development
Java, c++

The important thing is being extremely skilled in a(or some) programing area

1 Like

Re: Confused About Programming Language To Learn by codewithfemi: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2022
Hello, in terms of what to learn is really up to you and what goals you are trying to achieve. If you are interested in learning C#, Cloud stacks you can follow my YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/codewithfemi?sub_confirmation=1

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Internship To Improve Your Career / Help, I Want To Pivot To Tech / Some Programming Advice Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.