Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,981 members, 7,919,135 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:20 PM

I Hope To See My Son Before I Die, Father Of ‘underwear Bomber’, Abdul Mutalab - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Hope To See My Son Before I Die, Father Of ‘underwear Bomber’, Abdul Mutalab (591 Views)

My Son Was Poisoned, Broke His Skull In Swimming Pool - Father Of Cadet Officer / “my Father Fortified Me With Charms Before I Moved To Lagos”- Traffic Robber / A Nigerian "Underwear Bomber" Sues U.S. Over Free Speech, Religious Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope To See My Son Before I Die, Father Of ‘underwear Bomber’, Abdul Mutalab by okrote4real: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2022
Alhaji Umaru Abdul Mutallab, former Chairman of FirstBank PLC and UBA, has said he hopes to see his son, who is serving a life sentence at a United States prison.

Farouk, his son, was arrested after attempting to detonate explosives hidden in his underwear while aboard a Northwest Airlines Flight 253, en route from Amsterdam to Detroit, Michigan, on Christmas Day, 2009.

Speaking during an interview on Trust TV, Alhaji Mutallab said he was in touch with his son, but under strict prison guidelines.

He said, “Sometimes, he calls twice or thrice in a month. As a matter of fact, his mother, brother and sister were with him about two or three weeks ago. They visited him under very strict prison guidelines, but we will keep on praying to Almighty Allah. Maybe one day in my lifetime, we would see him back. But it is a situation whereby he has three life sentences, plus 40 years. It is a lot.

“But only Almighty Allah will bring us into a situation of seeing him in this world with his siblings here in Nigeria.”

When asked whether he was among the 11th richest men in Nigeria, the former Minister and Chairman of Jaiz Bank said he would not consider himself one of the richest in Nigeria, he said, “I am not a poor man, neither would say I am one of the richest persons in Nigeria, but I thank God for what He has given me. I’m grateful to Him. But I will not consider myself the 11th richest man in Nigeria by any chance.”

https://dailytrust.com/i-hope-to-see-my-son-before-i-die-says-father-of-underwear-bomber-abdul-mutallab

Re: I Hope To See My Son Before I Die, Father Of ‘underwear Bomber’, Abdul Mutalab by Landmack: 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2022
'underwear bomber'
what a life time name.

Train ur children well
Re: I Hope To See My Son Before I Die, Father Of ‘underwear Bomber’, Abdul Mutalab by Mrkumareze(m): 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2022
angry we are fighting the home grown bombers, please let your son wait.. He got a free visa to America, all the best to his life

2 Likes

Re: I Hope To See My Son Before I Die, Father Of ‘underwear Bomber’, Abdul Mutalab by kernniejay(m): 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2022
Wetin concern me with how reach the terrorist father is? abeg they should just delete the guy once and for all because his intention was to off all the people on that plane.

Re: I Hope To See My Son Before I Die, Father Of ‘underwear Bomber’, Abdul Mutalab by Chloraseptic: 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2022
Your son would have regained freedom and continued his bombing streak if it happened in Nigeria...

Thank God he's incarcerated for life in the USA...

The interviewer should have asked him if he was ashamed of being known as the father of a bomber instead of fooling him/herself asking how rich he was.

Re: I Hope To See My Son Before I Die, Father Of ‘underwear Bomber’, Abdul Mutalab by Asabe4(f): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2022
Menh...this Mutalab's Story is still fresh in my head like it happened yesterday. Can't believe its been more than 10years.
Re: I Hope To See My Son Before I Die, Father Of ‘underwear Bomber’, Abdul Mutalab by DoctorDree(m): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2022
Seems like yesterday

(1) (Reply)

How Spongebob Made Me Kill My 3-year-old Daughter - Mother / NDLEA Has Arrested Drug Dealers Aboard Ethiopian Airlines 5 Times In 6 Weeks / Yåhoo Bøy Run Màd In Grand Style As He Faile To Bring His Girlfriénd For Plus Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.