Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,646 members, 7,951,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: (5694 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off / Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Mynd44: 11:49am On Jun 18, 2011
Thanks for the LECTURE Babe! EINSTEIN
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by BABE3: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2011
lol--- That's nothing to be called an "EINSTEIN" for--- I just wanted to annoy Reed; that's how we role.  smiley
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Mynd44: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^^ As if I meant it as a compliment!!!!
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by BABE3: 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^ Well, I didn't infer that you meant it as compliment--I just said that's nothing to be called an "EINSTEIN" for--which really isn't. smiley
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by sleekman(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2011
'Controlling'
I believe everyone is controlled and controlling but some people are just wired to be controlled while some others controlling. In most African societies most men are controlling & d women controlled but lookn at this realistically there is a natural law as to who gets controlled & who controls.
Certain factors determines the 'control general'
-Money
-Royalty
-Nature of the individual
-Religious ascendancy
-Peer pressure
-Society where one is domiciled.

These factors I think explain themselves & I think the most important of them is the nature of the individual because all men determine their own future. I once had a swedish girlfriend who would have been mistaken for Nigerian because she was a complete wife material. Excellently domesticated, wasn't bothered about money issues and very humble.
Most men wouldn't want their spouses getting better educated, having more cash, coming from a more influential family, ambitious ladies(career/business wise at the expense of the home) just because they will lose their 'God given controlling status'
What do I prefer? I prefer a smart woman. A woman who aims & can attain any height but knowing her place in the hierarchy. An example of such women will be Prof. Dora Akunyili.
When a woman expects me to enter the kitchen to cook then she dey invite trouble. I prefer to cook to make it romantic not for you to expect me to either cook or do the dishes. Our new notion of marriage is what is causing all the commotion in homes especially when there is a change of location(country). For me I believe when one finds a virtuous wife the sky is the limit.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by FlyboyZee: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2011
Why are you babes complaining?
Before you go into the relationship, you bought your own recharge cards, pay your bills, spent some of your money on yourself, etc, but as soon as a broda comes along, you automatically transfer everything to him, including buying of pads and yet you still want to be in charge.

The Irish usually say "he who pays the piper dictates the tune". If he pays all your bills, then he should dictate to you.

If you have observed, ladies that pay their own bills hardly complain of a man trying to dominate her. We guys know that she is even doing us a favour going out with us, so we respect the differences.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Mynd44: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^^Gbam!!!
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by harakiri(m): 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

Before you go into the relationship, you bought your own recharge cards, pay your bills, spent some of your money on yourself, etc, but as soon as a broda comes along, you automatically transfer everything to him, including buying of pads and yet you still want to be in charge.

The Irish usually say "he who pays the piper dictates the tune". If he pays all your bills, then he should dictate to you.

If you have observed, ladies that pay their own bills hardly complain of a man trying to dominate her. We guys know that she is even doing us a favour going out with us, so we respect the differences.

Well said bruv. I just don't get this ladies. . .if you are carefree and nonchalant with them, they'll say you don't care about them. If you are serious with them and have no time for their nonsense, they'll say you are domineering and controlling. This is why i can never take a woman seriously no matter how i feel towards her. They are so freaking unreliable and enslaved to their emotions.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Roland17(m): 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2011
@flyboyz
u forget weekly hair do, pedicure and manicure grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Theblessed(f): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2011
[b][size=16pt]Don't you know?

Whether you pay your own bills or not Nigerian man want to be in-charge all the time, gorit?

So, if you don't like to be controlled, you're better off without them therefore, look elsewhere and stop complaining!

However, it you insist on having them for life then, go for very enlightened ones among them then, you could have your peace! 

Else, beware! You might end up with one that will give you daily bloody nose, when you complain. grin grin  And when you threaten to resign your housewifery appointment, his threats and violence will be your nightmare for they can not handle rejection, and walk away. 

If those in power could abuse their wives publicly and we all read and watch it here, think of others!

Some of them in the West, has the same nature too but the laws of the countries they are in has an upper hand on them - they can not sh-t, abroad. cool 

The laws are here to gag them, if they disrespect you - that's the difference and which woman would say no to that!! grin grin grin
[/size][/b]
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Gbenge77(m): 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2011
One has to stamp his authority as a guy but too controlling?
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2011
So Nairaland is now for chatting ? Why not create Naira Messenger, Seun.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by bomly(f): 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2011
Wahala dey for Life oh, anyway God help us grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by ronkebp(f): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2011
Yes ooooo, they are very controlling, you can even infer that from the tone of some nairalanders comments, they always want to prove, ' am the head', i am the man, and not all of them bring home the bacon,
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by MMM2(m): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2011
op

becos ladies re good in cheating. angry
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by LordReed(m): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2011
BABE!:

errmmmm--If you're reffering to the brain---It's not really reffered to as Jelly--It's called Matter---

pLUS if the OP where to be using her Grey Jelly Matter alone, that wouldn't work out---trust me-- The Gray and White Matter make up the brain (for effective function)---  

HI! grin

I plead creative license! tongue

Sup witcha? Howz gud'ol Tx? Broken any land speed records lately? lol
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2011
Roland17:

@flyboyz
u forget weekly hair do, pedicure and manicure grin grin grin
What of shoes,bags,the latest clothes in town that they bill you to buy for them cheesy
There was this nigerian lady requesting her boyfriend to give her 100 K to do her hair grin.Money is all some of them yak about and not that they even use the money for anything useful.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by BABE3: 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2011
Lord_Reed:

I plead creative license! tongue

Sup witcha? Howz gud'ol Tx? Broken any land speed records lately? lol

lol @ Creative license----Joker!

I'm aight fam---Nah-- I've been a good girl lately--- smiley
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by MrsChima(f): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

Make up your mofo mind!  First, the women beg to gotdamn much then when a woman say she can get her own poo, she is trying to be a damn man.  Make up yo bleeping mind FOR REAL! 

What the bleep you MOFOS want the women to do, BEG YO BROKE ARSE OR DO FOR HERSELF?  Complaining arse mofos! 

There are a different with women who has a job and can provide her OWN poo and a woman who doesn't have a job and DEPEND ON you for survival.  Know which the bleep you want and stick with it. 

REAL FUCKING TALK.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by MrsChima(f): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
LMAO@ at somebody dumb arse saying IF A boy doesn't control he is not a man. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Nayah(f): 11:57pm On Jun 18, 2011
I'd say a lot of African males are like that not only Nigerian men.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Mynd44: 11:58pm On Jun 18, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by oohunt: 12:30am On Jun 19, 2011
In marriage what did the bible say? Be submissive to your husband.
In Genesis what did God say to Eve after they ate the forbidden fruit? You will be subject to your husband.
Know your roots people don't let Oyibo ways blind your common sense.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by MrsChima(f): 12:36am On Jun 19, 2011
oohunt:

In marriage what did the bible say? Be submissive to your husband.
In Genesis what did God say to Eve after they ate the forbidden fruit? You will be subject to your husband.
Know your roots people don't let Oyibo ways blind your common sense. 

Uhmm.  The girl isn't married.  She doesn't need to be "submissive" to someone that ISN'T her husband.  You forgot to add Wives submit to thy husbands as the husbands submit to GOD. 

You didn't see that part huh?  Plus NOT everybody believes in the bible so YOU CAN'T use that as a source to those who doesn't believe in it. 

Oh one more thing, ANCIENT AFRICANS did not have THE BIBLE nor JESUS were their deity. You should know that being African and all. Many Orthodox Africans would tell you that the bible is THE OYINBO WAY.

It is okay. You didn't know any better.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Dsense(m): 12:55am On Jun 19, 2011
undecided undecided undecided angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by MrsChima(f): 12:58am On Jun 19, 2011
Go take a shit.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 19, 2011
An early morning own @ that
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by whobemumu(m): 4:36am On Jun 19, 2011
u need koboko
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by chocobharbie: 9:52am On Apr 11, 2012
@ poster.. idk oo.. buh my booboo is nt controllin.. hesz just protectiv of me.. treatz me lyk a baybee cheesy
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Joliecoco: 1:36am On Nov 12, 2012
African men are very controlling ,but you can blame teh Afrian culture for that. They are traning girls from the time they are little to be a wife which means cook, clean , take care of kids ....Another reason why I don't date Afrcian men.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by here: 5:05am On Nov 13, 2012
Why would I be too controlling for a human I told that she is the best thing that ever happened to me and whoever we grow old becoming I would love to live with that.
...I wasnt drunk,but if for any reason anyone does change beyond expectation sh-yt happens.
But then why "most" how come some arent.Its either the stream is dirty or you dnt know what part to fetch from.
Re: Nigerian Guys Are Too Controlling For Me: by Joliecoco: 5:09am On Nov 13, 2012
True

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crazy Things Girls Say When Begging For Money! / Got Fired For Telling His Boss' Wife To 'close Her Legs'. Was He Wrong? / How Do You Stop Loving Someone You're Really Not Suppose To Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.