Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,371 members, 7,940,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant (5404 Views)

Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining / FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant / FG, China To Fund $5bn Mambilla Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by member479760: 10:40am On Jun 18, 2011
now Enugu is moving toward their primary occupation, most men in that place surppose to be coal miners and that place should be advanced technologically if well plan.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2011
anytime i see people of different ethnic tribes complimenting themselves, I'm always happy and I know that there is hope for the entity called Nigeria. kudos to alj harem. I've noticed that he's not like those tribal bigots like ystranger or whatever the Bleep he calls himself
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by monkeyleg: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2011
This is positve news. I really hope the governor will get the necessary support from the federal goverment to drive this forward quickly. This could end up being a model project which can be adopted by other states and moved forward.

However, the formula of power distribution has to be looked into. The power generated from this plant will need to be fed into that national grid and from there re-distributed, thus not necessarily solving the state power issue.

The way it works in other places is that the state gets first use, and then excess if put back into the National grid, but my understanding is that is not tha case in Nigeria
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by iceblock(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2011
Dats very gud
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by AroOkigbo(m): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

Ebonyi and Abia states need to up their game man. Nothing seems to be happening in these states and it's so frustrating and annoying. angry

Na Abia (my assigned state) own de vex me pass. NLders, how do I get Gov.T.A. Orji to hug a fully energized 33KVA transformer?
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by dustydee: 11:30am On Jun 18, 2011
anything to solve the power problem in Nigeria should do.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by OAM4J: 11:55am On Jun 18, 2011
Good one!
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by Nija4Life(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2011
adejoro75:

Emeka, Coal generates at least 54 % of US electricity, what is Enugu?

To add to that, one-third of UK energy come from Coal. Most of the developed nations including China are heavily reliant on fossil fuels so all this talk of green energy is rather naive. Our coal deposits have been under utilised for far too long and the effort by the Enugu govt is a step in the right direction. My only word of caution is the choice of an indian company, they have to keep a close eye to ensure the quality of work is not compromised.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by executinal(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2011
My able governor carry go,
shocked shocked shocked shocked still waiting for more good news
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by COMPAQ(m): 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2011
Not to sound pessimistic, but going by government antecedent across Nigeria, it remains to be seen if it will likely be built. It's more likely than not that this project will never see the light of day. Having said that coal still produces about 51% of WORLD electricty!!!!!
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by jamest3(m): 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2011
Good news but we shouldn't forget that the Indian's took part in messing up Ajaokuta, provided a haven for fake drug industries, posed as doctors and professors in Northern Nigeria with fake certificates and now trusted with this? I just hope Chime will bear his weight on them.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by NaijaNaWaa: 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
When the best performing governor in Nigeria signs an MOU it is as good as done. Big ups Sullivan.

Rejoice, Enugu. Good times are here again.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by odelu(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2011
Well Nigerians gave them that chance,in SA ,indians are treated like dogs.They are not trusted and they are not revered like demi GODS.The problems with us Nigerian is that we see them as "Oyinbos" and bow to them that is why they treat us like dirt.Personally when next i visit Nigeria and i see an Indian or Lebanese (no matter how rich he is) treating my brothers like dirt be rest rest assured that i will give him a piece of my mind(that is if i don't slap his cheek of his face first).Indians/Lebanese are scums of the earth.Dirty scoundrels who sh1t everyway they go.Don't give them a chance to bully you in anyway.This is our country and we run the show.
@playmode.NICE TALK. NICE MOVE GOV. GOD BLESS ENUGU STATE[/size][size=8pt]
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2011
Talkin abt carbon emission,go and research on enugu state coal deposit its among d best form of coal deposits in d world,so controllin d emmission wil only take a little technological advancement.i cant wait for d completion of d project lets come home and take our rightful possession as a miner and a geologist.i am so proud of my state,coal-city ROCKS haha.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by owobokiri(m): 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2011
Give me a date when the whole thing will be commissioned.  I will rather read about the commissioning of the FINISHED project than the signing of the "memorandum of abracadandum". Much as i wish this is treu, the fact remains that we have read/heard about stuff like this many times before.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by splashbaby(m): 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2011
But there is nothing bad about using coal, At least those that used nuclear energy in Japan are worst off,
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by globalaid(m): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2011
am tired for to build, let them build if they are ready. enough of this to to and to .
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2011
there is something i observe about enugu governor,that man is really econmical (stingy cool ).last time he bought nnewi made bus,this time he is using indians(which must be cheap) but he is really doing wonderful atleast not borrowing! unlike my own state where the silly governor claims he is been economical but yet have nothing to show! even broadcasting in the media about the road he constructed which pass his compound! angry angry

anyway enugu has been my state of envy after abuja(which might become 2nd lagos undecided undecided). keep it up mr. chime
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by Bawss1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2011
playmode:

Personally when next i visit Nigeria and i see an Indian or Lebanese (no matter how rich he is) treating my brothers like dirt be rest rest assured that i will give him a piece of my mind(that is if i don't slap his cheek of his face first).

cheesy cheesy
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2011
Bawss1:

cheesy cheesy
thats really funny but its true ! the way nigeria treat this asians as they are semi god even chin chan hgi people really amaze me!! they always think they are white (even white nko!) this really sickening!
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by bashr4: 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2011
why was it changed to indians to build power plant in enugu at the front page instead of enugu to build power plant??
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by Rhea(f): 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2011
[size=14pt]Why not make things easier and faster and cheaper by renovating the coal power plant in Oji River. Has that one been forgotten completely?[/size]
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by freepeople: 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2011
Bravo to Gov. Chime for his foresight. I have some questions to ask.
1. When is construction on the project going to take off?
2. How long will the construction phase last?
3. When the project is in operation; should the clean coal technology be used?
4. Will the electricity tariff be reduced as compared to the present tariff?
5. Will the coal generated power be channelled to the national grid?
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2011
Like all failed state run projects in Nigeria, this too will fail. Nigerians have refused to learn that their governments are too inept and corrupt to run any economic enterprise well!
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by Gbenge77(m): 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2011
Its high time Nigeria solves her electricity problem.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by ektbear: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2011
kalokalo:

Like all failed state run projects in Nigeria, this too will fail. Nigerians have refused to learn that their governments are too inept and corrupt to run any economic enterprise well!

Seems to be a private business? Or am I misreading
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by collinsJn(m): 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
Ebonyi and Abia states need to
up their game man. Nothing
seems to be happening in these
states and it's so frustrating and
annoying.
Wot Den Will U Say Of ANAMBRA STATE, D Most VISIONLESS Governor of d 21st Century Is Gov Peter Obi.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by udezue(m): 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2011
Rhea:

[size=14pt]Why not make things easier and faster and cheaper by renovating the coal power plant in Oji River. Has that one been forgotten completely?[/size]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by jerk: 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2011
Till we see it happening nt only talking.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2011
collins Jn:

Ebonyi and Abia states need to
up their game man. Nothing
seems to be happening in these
states and it's so frustrating and
annoying.
Wot Den Will U Say Of ANAMBRA STATE, D Most VISIONLESS Governor of d 21st Century Is Gov Peter Obi.

May the good Lord help us!!!
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2011
Rhea:

^^^ That's assuming the plant hasn't been stripped to the bare bone and overun by rats and snakes.
Re: Enugu To Build Coal-based Power Plant by vaLasce(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2011
hope it bcomes reality. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN And Zain's Latest #100 Promo/lottery / Start Your Own Dropshipping Business [inside] / How To Fund Your Betfair, Bet365 And Williamhill Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.