Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,533 members, 7,972,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:55 PM

4 Interesting Ways To Exercise And Improve Mental Wellness - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 4 Interesting Ways To Exercise And Improve Mental Wellness (142 Views)

4 Interesting Ways To Exercise And Improve Mental Wellness / Nigerian Army Cadets On Rampage Seals Off Lagos Road To ‘exercise’ Power / 4 Interesting Ways To Make Life Less Stressful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Interesting Ways To Exercise And Improve Mental Wellness by positivityace: 4:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
Exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness.

According to ncbi.mlm.nih.gov, exercise improves mental health by reducing anxiety, depress and negative mood. It also improves self-esteem, cognitive function, and productivity.

Exercise as we all know can be hard to stick to, but it is one of the things we need to constantly improve our mental wellbeing.

Exercising is usually one of my goals at the beginning of every year and it works for like a few weeks then I fall out.

The reason is that; I tend to lose focus, motivation, and also the discipline to keep on.

But I realized that basing my exercising lifestyle on motivation is the worst thing I can do to myself.

With mental illness, the motivation bank can sometimes be empty and we then base our lives on routine.

Motivation doesn’t do much for us but specific planning and accountability. https://positivityace.com/4-interesting-ways-to-exercise-and-improve-mental-wellness/

(1) (Reply)

Meet A Widow With Four Children, Who Drive A Commercial Tricycle For A Living / Why Do We Have Obas In Yoruba Land/yoruba Youths Think / Solar Energy Service: Completepowerenergy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.