Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,639 members, 7,979,172 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:08 PM

Matter And Mind - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matter And Mind (24216 Views)

Did The Mind Evolve From Chemistry, Matter And Energy? / Is Matter And Energy Eternal? / Who Frees You When Your Heart And Mind Is Full Of This??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:

As for you, I think you should departed this world by now. Are you still scamming? Lol

I scammed your brothers and sisters.

I will still rape your children and kidnap your friends.

I shouldn't forget to drop a bomb in your house or office.

At least, you should be robbed on the street if you aren't around when the bomb is dropped.
Re: Matter And Mind by TenQ: 12:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

He(Ten....Q) refuses to ask , seek and knock towards understanding .....he doesn't have an effective understanding of these matters .....the writing in the Bible is not being effectively understood by him ... I think he should ask Buda who knows the intention of the writers of the Bible.....Buda even knows what the writers wrote mistakenly..... MaXin D House can invite members of the Jehovah's witnesses to testify to these things.

That's for them.

As for you,I think you should never have done certain things some time ago.
I can only smile with a chuckle!
Time always speaks!

Cc: KnownUnknown:
Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
TenQ:

Time always speaks!

He thinks you're wrong about ......

Well, I can see you're also in support of the misfortune of your children except your post is not towards blaming me for anything.

Nigeria's government must be uselessly condemnable if it will ensure the enforcement of the sewage certain bastards MEAN about me despite that we've only met on Nairaland.
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

I scammed your brothers and sisters.

I will still rape your children and kidnap your friends.

I shouldn't forget to drop a bomb in your house or office.

At least, you should be robbed on the street if you aren't around when the bomb is dropped.

Ooooohhhhhhh, I’m quaking in my boots!!!
Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Ooooohhhhhhh, I’m quaking in my boots!!!

But it's true

Am I not a scammer again?
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
TenQ:

Time always speaks!

7000 years of headstands in Tartarus is your lot. You better pray to me for forgiveness.
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

But it's true

Am I not a scammer again?

I await your actions with trepidation.
Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
Well,a very huge amount of stupidity would make one think I meant what I said about Buda knowing the intention of the writers of the Bible or Ten Q not understanding Bla Bla Bla effectively.

Actually,Ten Q understands that the Bible says God did Bla Bla Bla .......But that's not enough to make me take the Bible seriously on certain things.
Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I await your actions with trepidation.

Stupidity makes you think I meant it

Why would I rape your issues?

Your children can only exist as your issues

But if you want to be scammed , just tell the whole world........ maybe your family members will support you.
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Stupidity makes you think I meant it

Why would I rape your issues?

Your children can only exist as your issues

But if you want to be scammed , just tell the whole world........ maybe your family members will support you.

Don’t backdown now!! I was girding myself for your onslaught. What else are you going to do?
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
LordReed:

In summary, consciousness is what evolved into mind and animals have not yet achieved that evolution? Is their consciousness independent? And which is the one that is independent in humans, consciousness or mind?

My later presentation would throw further light on the questions you have asked.

But in the main time, I already explained that mind represent our human personalities .

Mind is how consciousness has chosen to express itself through the body it occupies.

Mind can change if thoughts which makes up mind is deprogrammed or replace with new ones.

However not everyone has created their minds themselves. It is made for them by others. Religious fundamentalist falls under the class of people.

So the normal situation should be individual consciousness expressed through individual or independent mind. But some people have individual consciousness controlled by a group or mass mind which they have no control over.

Do animals have individual minds?

If they have, the evidence doesn't support it as they don't ,except in rare cases, display individual character traits.
Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Don’t backdown now!! I was girding myself for your onslaught. What else are you going to do?

Still stupidity making you think I meant it
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Still stupidity making you think I meant it

Chicken! Don’t back down!! Go on a raping and rapine adventure.
Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
LordReed:
Hi DeepSight. So this thread will carry on with our discussions from other threads. I will start with the following reply to your comment. I will also subsequently add replies to your other comments.

Oh the analogy is very apt. A driverless car acts just as directed as though a human being was driving it because all its integrated systems work to provide a safe driving experience with all the same features of a human driven vehicle. The car will brake, turn, slow down, speed up, allow for car spacing from cars in front of it, follow lane markings, etc just as well as a human. It would be futile to now say that because you cannot locate the driver inside therefore it is unable to function without a driver.

Also driverless cars do have seats and steering and all the other accoutrements that a "normal" car has so the question would be how do we distinguish between a driverless car and a human driven one? Which is directly analogous to the question how do we establish that a human being is "a machine suited to house and facilitate the experience and activity of a resident "being."" rather than the machine with all its attendant functions as an integrated whole?

Concerning the topic ,

It's all about definitions.

Even the definition of mind

Definitions of mind, matter and consciousness determine what they are said to involve

We need to be sure of the definitions

Well, I think mind is a form of something .

Mind is the part of a living combination that is abstract and it's determined by the effect of the combination's internal and external environment on the combination's tool for checking the combination's internal and external environment.

Therefore, the entirety of the living combination is a combination of different forms of something such that there is an exposure to be distinguished or expressed specifically .

Life is pointlessly beyond the specific exposure of a specific living combination therefore the specific exposure of a specific living combination is the specific manner in which different forms of something combine such that there is an exposure or something that involves the accidental need for a specific language to be passed across in a specific direction or a need for a specific language to be passed across in the absence of a need for some other living combination to determine the form of the specific language.

The language could be verbal or non-verbal.

If it's verbal,it could be speech or non-speech.

A specific exposure is something that can only be possessed by a specific living combination .

Life is the pointless situation which involves different forms of something combining in DIFFERENT ways towards no specific exposure or no need for any specific language to be passed across in any specific direction.
Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 2:00pm On Jun 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Chicken! Don’t back down!! Go on a raping and rapine adventure.

Yeah,they will praise you.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
[quote author=LordReed post=113401818]

Hello to you too.

The interesting thing about facts are they are accessible to all so it will be interesting to see what facts you present.

Facts are facts they don't need a qualifiers like scientific or otherwise, as long as we are dealing with facts we should be on an even keel.[quote]
I have qualified it because there are logical truths ,not requiring scientific explanation for it to be accepted as such

Sure, let's ruminate on ideas by all means.

[quote]
Because it cannot yet be studied directly.[quote]

Good We agree on this
[quote]
I don't know what you mean by is not answered by science. If you mean scientists have not studied all there is to know about consciousness then yes there is more we don't than we do but it doesn't take away from what we do know. And that which we do know can be confidently stated.
To come up with this presentation, I researched articles written by neuroscientist who never forget that it is not easy to define what mind or consciousness is because inspite of what they have come up with, little is still known about how the human brain works. So if you only know little about how something works, how can be certain of what you have found out. You just might seeing the effect of something whose cause is unknown.

The qualifier you use here of true for the source of consciousness is a leading one. It appears as though you already have a conclusion in mind and because science doesn't point to that "true source" you readily dismiss what it does point to. And it points to consciousness arising from the functions of the brain and body. The interacting systems that make consciousness possible are well known. You have your circulatory system, you have your nervous system, you have your endocrine system, combined these are the systems that support consciousness in the human being. Take away any one of these and the human being looses consciousness.

Yes ,I actually have what I regard as a source of consciousness, but that will be revealed in the next presentation.
From a scientific point of view it is correct to say that once you take away any of the system that support life, then consciousness seize to exist, but I will interpret this as consciousness detaching itself from the body it occupied once those system which ties it to the body stop working.
For instance, if I am on a call with you and the battery of my phone suddenly goes flat, I will lose connection with my phone (my body) and no longer able to communicate with you through the phone. This will not mean that consciousness using the phone has expired. Once I charge my phone battery, I "regain consciousness" and continue the call.
There's a parallel to the above analogy which scientists have witnessed at different times and are unable to explain. Someone is certified clinically dead, meaning that consciousness has expired. Then unexpectedly consciousness is regained the individual returns back to life. If it's true that the deactivation of any of the systems which support life leads to the cessation of consciousness, how can it be explained those who have defied this?
The usual conjecture from neuroscientist is that there might be some brain activities still going on ,even though the brain has been certified dead, that has reviled consciousness.
The exact brain activity is never disclosed. When they try to mention what they think is responsible, they can't actually explain how it has led to consciousness coming back.

What much need result? The so called true source of consciousness?

Yes

No scientist will claim they have a "comprehensive understanding" of the mind. What they will acknowledge is that their observations so far have provided a working knowledge of consciousness and the mind with many more mysteries to solve. This is evident in the application of many techniques employed in treating mental illness and other frailties of the mind.
I never said they will claim, but I expect they should at some point

Your analogy misses the point. A person who has the stats of the match doesn't need to know all the nitty gritty of what happened on the field in other to appreciate the nature of the result. Some even use these stats to predict the outcomes of future matches quite well.
Then why the claim that consciousness has emerged from matter if you can't see "inside" to know exactly how it has happen. It could have emerged from elsewhere.

This is well appreciated in science which is why no scientist can claim comprehensive knowledge of the mind.
Then we should not take with certainty that mind is not separate from brains

Science as practiced today cannot investigate that which cannot measured, it is an inherent limitation. If there is some nebulous "realm" that science cannot reach then it can't provide any answers there.

That is why it is a psychological fact that once an individual is in the dark about something, the normal tendency is to come up with a sorts of irrational explanations which doest fits the fact about he or she is in the dark about.

There isn't such a scanner so how can we arrive at such a conclusion? You seem to have made up a scenario and concluded that the scenario is true without any real world analog?

But the link you shared demonstrates such a scanner exist which can help scientist know an individual's Political affiliation . But however what I wrote was meant to be an hypothetical situation. That is, if it were possible to have such a brain scanner, not mind scanner, you can't know the exact thoughts that has led to the behavior.

I will Post the other parts of my presentation which answers the questions I already raised.
Re: Matter And Mind by TenQ: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

He thinks you're wrong about ......

Well, I can see you're also in support of the misfortune of your children except your post is not towards blaming me for anything.

Nigeria's government must be uselessly condemnable if it will ensure the enforcement of the sewage certain bastards MEAN about me despite that we've only met on Nairaland.
Ive not really said anything except that with time, the answer will be made plain howbeit, with its consequences!

Time ALWAYS speak!
Re: Matter And Mind by TenQ: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:

7000 years of headstands in Tartarus is your lot. You better pray to me for forgiveness.
Time ALWAYS speaks!
Wait for it!
Re: Matter And Mind by HellVictorinho4(m): 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2022
TenQ:

Ive not really said anything except that with time, the answer will be made plain howbeit, with its consequences!

Time ALWAYS speak!

Well, I have seen a lot of vomit on Nairaland.
Re: Matter And Mind by NNTR: 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
LordReed:
Jesus' version doesn't have animals in it. But really a place with all the billions of animals that have died would be hell anyway. LoLz.
Isaiah 11:4-10
'4He will give justice to the poor
and make fair decisions for the exploited.
The earth will shake at the force of his word,
and one breath from his mouth will destroy the wicked.
5He will wear righteousness like a belt
and truth like an undergarment.
6In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together;
the leopard will lie down with the baby goat.
The calf and the yearling will be safe with the lion,
and a little child will lead them all.
7The cow will graze near the bear.
The cub and the calf will lie down together.
The lion will eat hay like a cow.
8The baby will play safely near the hole of a cobra.
Yes, a little child will put its hand in a nest of deadly snakes without harm.
9Nothing will hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,
for as the waters fill the sea,
so the earth will be filled with people who know the LORD.
10In that day the heir to David’s throneb
will be a banner of salvation to all the world.
The nations will rally to him,
and the land where he lives will be a glorious place
'

Revelation 21:1-4
'1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
2And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,
“See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them as their God; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them;
4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away.
'

Someone clearly hadn't seen the memo

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2022
LordReed:

This seems like a contradiction in terms. How can something be exerting pressure on the brain and not be measurable? This is one of the fundamental problems with proposing some nebulous "realm" that is claimed to be immeasurable but yet exerts influence physically. If something is exerting pressure then that pressure can be observed and measured. You cannot simultaneously be claiming something is immeasurable and at the same time is exerting pressure.

When you're not aware of what is exerting pressure, how can you measure it? That is what you have not considered. You already concluded such a thing doesn't exist when you dont know the exact nature of what you're dismissing.

Supposing it exist, but mistaken for something else?

The lack of proper description of the exact nature of what dualist hold as true is why scientists dismiss those ideas ,and not that some of these things are not true. I will attempt to give a clear description in my later presentation.

Yes the operation of the brain is surmised to be the basis of mind, no brain no mind.

Not completely true. Majority of neuroscientist are yet to be certain about this. At least I did some readings myself to understand their position better. I will share with you a link which contains a disclaimer, warning the public not to accept as settled the issue of mind or consciousness.
Most of the things I have written here finds support amongst neuroscientist, meaning that, some of my claims are not just my conclusion alone.

It is supported by science, as can be seen here:

https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/consciousness-is-the-whole-brain-not-a-single-region/

By the time I share those links, you will understand my position better. Some of the links you shared which I have read contains highlights of the limitations of such studies to make one know that you should not take such studies as conclusive, but you seem to ignore those each time to focus on the positive aspects of the research.
The last one you shared contained an important disclaimer which you seem to have missed. The introductory part of the article is misleading as it doesn't match with what was later explained

This would be very easy to test, I dunno why you say it is not open to measurement. If these proficient people can be put under rigorous testing conditions and have their skill fully demonstrated, I don't see how it is a bad thing or unachievable for that matter. Put a giant cardboard sheet with random information that cannot be guessed in a room beside where this proficient person is without them seeing it visibly, then ask them to go look at it with their separated consciousness or mind. Simple, straightforward.

I know what has inspired the above comment. But just know that such demonstration will not move scientist in the main body of science to to investigate anything , since they wouldn't be able to immediately explain it to fit in with the theory of mind they're currently working it.

For instance ,there have been credible scientist who can't afford to soil their reputation, investigating
some reincarnation stories to confirm them as true, with verifiable proofs in support, yet those in the main body of science have refused to consider and investigate further.
If they won't listen to their peers is it a non scientist they are going to listen to?

Wrong. It is founded on the paradigm that the only thing that can be reliably studied is either the universe or that which affects the universe. Any nebulous "realms" or phenomenon cannot be reliably studied since most times you can't even define this nebulous "realm" or phenomenon.

There's nothing nebulous about any realm that exist. It is because science at the moment can't reliably investigate it ,hence they are consider as such.

How are we certain that there are no aspects of our universe that operates differently?

I am not here referring to imaginative heaven or hell created by religion, but aspects of our reality that scientist are yet to come to terms with

This is acting as if any conclusions reached are set in stone. If a scientist makes a faulty observation or conclusion, the practice is robust enough to scrap the faulty bits and have a do over. Which is why Einstein's theories can supercede Newton's.
Not all the time . Most times they are too slow to respond to new evidence, and at other times ,consistently ignore an evidence proving something to be true.

LoLz. Was this an attempt to strawman what I said? If it is you would do well to go over what I actually wrote. No machine will ever develop human consciousness simply because it is not human. It may develop a form of machine consciousness just as much as animals have their own form of consciousness. You admit that animals do have a form of consciousness so why would it be difficult for you to conceive that machines would develop their own form of consciousness?

You still ended up reaffirming the same thing. Animals and machines are two unlike objects
Before you can confidently believe machines can develop some sort of consciousness closer to animals or humans you must be certain of how consciousness as emerged elsewhere.
So far, scientist are not certain about that.

Maybe. However the advances that have been made in understanding consciousness and mind have been quite useful even though the knowledge is far from complete. This is the advantage science provides, reproducible results.

I like this . The problem dualist face in explaining their view point clearly to others, is that most of them are not able to explain the exact nature of what is soul and how it relates with the brain and the other parts of the body.

If there are asked to
give an explanation , the next thing, is to quote religious text that doesn't make any sense.

I belong to a school of thought that believes science is in better position to come up with more rational explanation once it can understand better any phenomena it is investigating . If science one day realizes that such a thing as soul exist , it won't certainly not name it soul ,but give it another name.

The reason I believe those in the main body of science ignore some of this concepts, is they think it has to do with religious nonsense or beliefs. Investigating it, would mean wasting time to confirm God or the spiritual realm exist. But they are mistaken.
Some of these concepts were hijacked by some religious groups and deliberately misconstrued for recruiting new members ,with threats of their soul ending up in hell or reincarnating endlessly if the refuse to join them.

The concept of soul is not even a Christian idea. It was hijacked from early Greek philosophers by some early church leaders who then introduced it into Christianity.
The earliest Jewish writers never believed in the concept of soul that goes on to live after the death of the physical body. This is the reason you won't find any mention of a soul going to hell after death in the old testament.

It is only in the new testament that one finds a soul that can go to heaven or hell . But of course we all know how the new testament came about ,so it is not surprising to find such ideas placed in it.

Can you give an example of the kind of people you are referring to?

The later part of my presentation will mention that

How did the below image appeared on my post
Re: Matter And Mind by NNTR: 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2022
AntiChristian:
The word translated as Soul is nap̄·šî (Nafsi in Arabic) and it could mean a soul, living being, life, self, person, desire, passion, appetite, emotion

Spirit is translated from rū·ḥî (Ruh in Arabic) and could mean wind, breath, exhalation, life, anger, unsubstantiality, a region of the sky, spirit
You're parroting, what I've already said about the spirit aka ruach

AntiChristian:
Check out these Bible translations of Isaiah 26:9 that never mentioned Soul together with Spirit!

New Living Translation
In the night I search for you; in the morning I earnestly seek you. For only when you come to judge the earth will people learn what is right.

Christian Standard Bible
I long for you in the night; yes, my spirit within me diligently seeks you, for when your judgments are in the land, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I long for You in the night; yes, my spirit within me diligently seeks You, for when Your judgments are in the land, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Good News Translation
At night I long for you with all my heart; when you judge the earth and its people, they will all learn what justice is.

NET Bible
I look for you during the night, my spirit within me seeks you at dawn, for when your judgments come upon the earth, those who live in the world learn about justice.
Isaiah 26:9
'My soul longs for You in the night; indeed, my spirit seeks You at dawn.
For when Your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
'

How many times do you want me to repeat that, you are soul and soul is you.

Please go grab a good lexicon and use it to find out, unlike what you falsely claim that soul and spirit aka ruach, were not mentioned together, are in fact mentioning together, communicating that there's a distinction between them

AntiChristian:
I still believe that Soul = Spirit.
How can you possibly believe that soul = spirit, when you are soul and spirit is wind or breath of God breathed into Adam's nostril.

Adam was inanimate, a lifeless soul, until God ruached, breathed a wind, air, life-force into his nostril, resulting in Adam becoming a living soul

Soul is you, spirit is, of God. It comes from God and returns back to God, its owner, the moment it expires, in your dirt suit, your body

The devil, shaitan aka Shaytan, is never after the spirit, its you, the soul, that the devil's after. The mission game plan of the devil, is to try its baddest and make sure that your soul, you, are damned, just as damned as it is.

You dont know the roles that the soul and spirit plays, that is why you ignorantly are pushing to interchange them for each other, when in actual fact, there are like chalk and cheese, they arent the same. The spirit, from being available, exclusively is there, to take and keep records, to communicate, to interact, to link up and commune with God

Re: Matter And Mind by AntiChristian: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
NNTR:
You're parroting, what I've already said about the spirit aka ruach

Isaiah 26:9
'My soul longs for You in the night; indeed, my spirit seeks You at dawn.
For when Your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
'

How many times do you want me to repeat that, you are soul and soul is you.

Please go grab a good lexicon and use it to find out, unlike what you falsely claim that soul and spirit aka ruach, were not mentioned together, are in fact mentioning together, communicating that there's a distinction between them

How can you possibly believe that soul = spirit, when you are soul and spirit is wind or breath of God breathed into Adam's nostril.

Adam was inanimate, a lifeless soul, until God ruached, breathed a wind, air, life-force into his nostril, resulting in Adam becoming a living soul

Soul is you, spirit is, of God. It comes from God and returns back to God, its owner, the moment it expires, in your dirt suit, your body

The devil, shaitan aka Shaytan, is never after the spirit, its you, the soul, that the devil's after. The mission game plan of the devil, is to try its baddest and make sure that your soul, you, are damned, just as damned as it is.

You dont know the roles that the soul and spirit plays, that is why you ignorantly are pushing to interchange them for each other, when in actual fact, there are like chalk and cheese, they arent the same. The spirit, from being available, exclusively is there, to take and keep records, to communicate, to interact, to link up and commune with God

I think i have already quoted enough text to you!
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
NNTR:
Isaiah 11:4-10
'4He will give justice to the poor
and make fair decisions for the exploited.
The earth will shake at the force of his word,
and one breath from his mouth will destroy the wicked.
5He will wear righteousness like a belt
and truth like an undergarment.
6In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together;
the leopard will lie down with the baby goat.
The calf and the yearling will be safe with the lion,
and a little child will lead them all.
7The cow will graze near the bear.
The cub and the calf will lie down together.
The lion will eat hay like a cow.
8The baby will play safely near the hole of a cobra.
Yes, a little child will put its hand in a nest of deadly snakes without harm.
9Nothing will hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,
for as the waters fill the sea,
so the earth will be filled with people who know the LORD.
10In that day the heir to David’s throneb
will be a banner of salvation to all the world.
The nations will rally to him,
and the land where he lives will be a glorious place
'

Revelation 21:1-4
'1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
2And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,
“See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them as their God; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them;
4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away.
'

Someone clearly hadn't seen the memo

So all those dead animals will be resurrected as well?
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
@Lordreed

Please.go through the link below and find the current position of neuroscientist when it comes to mind and consciousness.

A lot of disclaimer was issued to warn the public not to accept as conclusive some of the claims being spread on the net by a few dissenting neuroscientist.
https://jonlieffmd.com/blog/the-limits-of-current-neuroscience
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
triplechoice:

I only tried to highlight the limitations of the scientific method to support my argument that there are things in life science will never make us know or understand.

The human being is limited, triple, and we make the best of it that we can. The scientific method is just that, a method of using the senses, which you acknowledge with its rigour of training far outstrips any other method of sense use and training as shown by the evidence such use has produced. And the best way to understand just about anything is you using your own senses to query and learn about such things.

Still, kindly present a better method than the scientific use of one's own senses to learn and and know and understand instead of asking me to use the senses of my Lordreed.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
triplechoice:

Anyone who has taken their time to read the other parts of what I wrote, would have understood that by mentioning science and the scientific method, I was talking of how it is understood by expert scientists, and not your subjective understanding of it which you brought in to make me look stupid; that I don't know the meaning of science and the scientific method, and that you, a non scientist, know it more than me ,so you want to lecture me.

Why would I want you to look stupid when in fact I only responded because I found what you wrote to be intelligent and worthy of my time and consideration? Are you using your senses properly, Triple, or just trying to show how one can be limited with their use?

We are not competing, triple, or I am at least not competing with you. We are supposedly learning by engaging with each other through our senses which is how we learn and know more, unless one is so closed minded that one assumes one knows it all already.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2022
triplechoice:

@Lordreed

Please.go through the link below and find the current position of neuroscientist when it comes to mind and consciousness.

A lot of disclaimer was issued to warn the public not to accept as conclusive some of the claims being spread on the net by a few dissenting neuroscientist.
https://jonlieffmd.com/blog/the-limits-of-current-neuroscience

Neuroscientist probably know more when it comes to mind and consciousness than just about any field out there, and this is due to their use of science and it's methods, and however you wish to look at it, we humans have come a very long way from when the mind and consciousness were things only women have and which made them converse with a supposed serpent.

The problem starts when you read what they say as if it were gospel that you must believe instead of using your senses to understand what is presented to you.

Note that different neuroscientist are presenting different views here. The scientific method would be used by we humans to sift out the wheat from the chaff in the end, just as pre-corpernicus and pre-gallileo was sifted out by the use of the senses, and as the gods are being sifted out by the use of the senses.
Re: Matter And Mind by NNTR: 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2022
AntiChristian:
I think i have already quoted enough text to you!
What are you? Tell me, what AntiChristian is
1. Is AntiChristian, your body?
2. Is AntiChristian, the spirit, also know as ruach, even the wind or breath of God, as well as known as life-force?
3. Is AntiChristian, the soul, housed in a dirt suit, and kept alive in the land of living by the spirit, also know as ruach, even the wind or breath of God, as well as known as life-force?
4. Can a division or separation of soul and spirit happen?

Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2022
Most of the things I will explain here has been stripped of the usual spirituality attached to it elsewhere.

So ,instead of the word, spirit or soul, terms like energy or true self (core consciousness) is used instead. There are all the same, but different ways of naming the same thing.

1.Our material bodies, a product of biology, is formed in our mother's womb; its not what we are.. Our true selves which exist as a force field of energy has occupied the material body at birth, after it has evolved to a point where it's now capable of generating conscious independent thoughts that can be expressed through a physical body.

This energy that we are, is sourced from the purest form of energy that is responsible for the "creation" of our world and its content. This pure energy is present in all thingnd It's not a blind arbitrary force. It has intelligence , and the evidence of this, is seen in the intelligent design of our world.

In some groups, this purest form of energy that we're drawn from, is often refer to as spirit due to the unique features it possesses, and the peculiar characteristics it displays at different levels of manifestation. Others have personified this energy as God .

Before we begin to occupy human bodies, we have been evolving as energy from the mineral state , where we were unconscoius ,to the animal state. ,where we acted mostly with insincts, and finally the human state where we are now fully conscious, with the ability to generate independent thoughts which finds material expression through a modulating brain that has the capacity to trigger our bodies to act on such thoughts.

We exist within our bodies as a force field of aware energy. . We are not "floathing" inside our bodies as this energy that we are , is present in every single cell in order to enliven our bodies.. Those gifted with the special ability to "see" what others can't, are able to picture our true selves as a globe of brilliant white light within us.They are not hallucinating because what they see can be validated.

Those who have had out of body experience or near death experience usually report seeing themselves surrounded by a brilliant white light or they are the light itself. Pure energy can either manifest as light or sound..

However, those out of body experiences are not properly understood by religious people who have misinterpreted it, and have been using it as a validation for their religious beliefs. Individual scientists who have also tried to explain it, don't understand it very well , and have hastily labeled it as hallucination caused by the brain.

The re are two kinds if OBE; one ,hallucinatory and the other, not, but the two has been conflated as one both by religious people and scientists who experience and investigate it.

In the final part, I will tthrow more light on OBE to clear the misconception surrounding it.

2. We are not conscious of who we are as energy because at birth when we occupied our physical bodies crreated in our mothers womb , we automatically took on the perspective of the human body, and then sort of got hypnotized into thinking we are a body and not different from it.

It is difficult to see any separateness anymore, as we have gotten so attached to the body we occupy that we now feel what it feels through the brains attached to it.

Cases of children who unfortunately found themselves growing up amongst animals and ended up behaving like the animals that adopted them are a good parallel to help us understand better what I am trying to explain
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
budaatum:

Neuroscientist probably know more when it comes to mind and consciousness than just about any field out there, and this is due to their use of science and it's methods, and however you wish to look at it, we humans have come a very long way from when the mind and consciousness were things only women have and which made them converse with a supposed serpent.

The problem starts when you read what they say as if it were gospel that you must believe instead of using your senses to understand what is presented to you.

Note that different neuroscientist are presenting different views here. The scientific method would be used by we humans to sift out the wheat from the chaff in the end, just as pre-corpernicus and pre-gallileo was sifted out by the use of the senses, and as the gods are being sifted out by the use of the senses.

But our brains and the overall human body is just an extension of who we are inside.

They know so much about the outside but not much of the inside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
This is clearly not science, triple, despite the fact that you produced it with your mind, and if you are the scientist you claim to be you'd at least show how you came to your conclusions so they can be tested instead of presenting us with your very subjective unverified beliefs.

The only energy "that is responsible for the "creation" of our world and its content" is called God, which is a different way of saying "I don't really have a clue but instead of doing science to ask and knock and seek, I'll just give up and fill the gap with believed crap".

With apologies.

triplechoice:
Most of the things I will explain here has been stripped of the usual spirituality attached to it elsewhere.

So ,instead of the word, spirit or soul, terms like energy or true self (core consciousness) is used instead. There are all the same, but different ways of naming the same thing.

1.Our material bodies, a product of biology, is formed in our mother's womb; its not what we are.. Our true selves which exist as a force field of energy has occupied the material body at birth, after it has evolved to a point where it's now capable of generating conscious independent thoughts that can be expressed through a physical body.

This energy that we are, is sourced from the purest form of energy that is responsible for the "creation" of our world and its content. This pure energy is present in all thingnd It's not a blind arbitrary force. It has intelligence , and the evidence of this, is seen in the intelligent design of our world.

In some groups, this purest form of energy that we're drawn from, is often refer to as spirit due to the unique features it possesses, and the peculiar characteristics it displays at different levels of manifestation. Others have personified this energy as God .

Before we begin to occupy human bodies, we have been evolving as energy from the mineral state , where we were unconscoius ,to the animal state. ,where we acted mostly with insincts, and finally the human state where we are now fully conscious, with the ability to generate independent thoughts which finds material expression through a modulating brain that has the capacity to trigger our bodies to act on such thoughts.

We exist within our bodies as a force field of aware energy. . We are not "floathing" inside our bodies as this energy that we are , is present in every single cell in order to enliven our bodies.. Those gifted with the special ability to "see" what others can't, are able to picture our true selves as a globe of brilliant white light within us.They are not hallucinating because what they see can be validated.

Those who have had out of body experience or near death experience usually report seeing themselves surrounded by a brilliant white light or they are the light itself. Pure energy can either manifest as light or sound..

However, those out of body experiences are not properly understood by religious people who have misinterpreted it, and have been using it as a validation for their religious beliefs. Individual scientists who have also tried to explain it, don't understand it very well , and have hastily labeled it as hallucination caused by the brain.

The re are two kinds if OBE; one ,hallucinatory and the other, not, but the two has been conflated as one both by religious people and scientists who experience and investigate it.

In the final part, I will tthrow more light on OBE to clear the misconception surrounding it.

2. We are not conscious of who we are as energy because at birth when we occupied our physical bodies crreated in our mothers womb , we automatically took on the perspective of the human body, and then sort of got hypnotized into thinking we are a body and not different from it.

It is difficult to see any separateness anymore, as we have gotten so attached to the body we occupy that we now feel what it feels through the brains attached to it.

Cases of children who unfortunately found themselves growing up amongst animals and ended up behaving like the animals that adopted them are a good parallel to help us understand better what I am trying to explain

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (39) (Reply)

My Experience With Fasting / Russian Orthodox Church In Amsterdam Announces Split With Moscow Due To Ukraine. / Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.