Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:00 PM

Nigerian + American = Undateable? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian + American = Undateable? (13349 Views)

9 Characters That Makes Some Nigerian Girls Undateable / The Undateable Lady. / Nigerian Parents And Dating As A Nigerian-american (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by kandiikane(m): 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^Like someone mentioned before ask the person who introduce you to ask them the reasons why.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by PureOhio(f): 5:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
@andyanders : I communicate the say way as them. I can speak both pidgin and 'regular' English.

@alexola20: Money has nothing to do with this! We're all from tha same fanacial background. And for the record, I resent that comment about all women loving money. We're not all the same. Just because one girl may be consumed with the idea of having money doesn't mean we all are sad

@0lumide: Protect their interest? I never thought of it that way. And Ohio is still boiling. Chei, pure madness!! Even the yeye governer was having a fit. I keep telling people, it's just a game. No need to call for blood. Such terrible behavior tongue undecided

Although I'm flattered, there's no need to dream of me. I just came to make frinds and  hear what people had to say.

@Thirst4Life: I'm not on a  Naija man hunt lol I just wanted to see if them acting the way they did had anything to do with my mother being African American.

@Shy-One and Basseti: I'm glad you two stoped arguing. I was starting to get worried. We can all discuss things without getting so heated smiley

@tom28: What makes you think I do all those things you say. Not all African American act like that. Just as not all Nigerians are 419ers, not all Black Americans use the N-word. Its generalizations like that that divide us as black people cry

@Amya: I don't want anything. It was just casual talks at these events. I wasn't trying to push up on them or get them to put a ring on it lol. Oh by the way, I've seen your blog before.

@kandiikane: Ok, I will.

@everyone who is fighting: please stop it o!! We can talk without people wanting to rip heads off of one another.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by shyone1: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ KK

In all honesty you really don't know or I have hit a nerve in you.  

If you read my threads I don't make comments to "not enrage" - The more you type and the more I read of your posts "it is apparent that you really DON'T KNOW."  It is fact that a great majority of Africans that come to this country "have very high intellect, academic achievement and financial success" - my Dad was hired by Colorado State University's Reading Lab as the Director of that facility some years back to monitor and tutor foreign students and so he had quite a few Africans and Asians.  That is the very first time in my life that I saw an African or an Asian.  I speak from personal experience that is "vast."

My posts also clearly stated a "Large majority" BUT NOT ALL.

I also have been in groups in college and in high school who have spoken on that "have very high intellect, academic achievement and financial success" - those groups consisted of African Americans and Whites.  So it isn't a "me comment that I posted so as not to enrage that was posted to offset the first part of that sentence."

Actually in the U.S. I can definitely say a "large majority" but if you like I can alter the words to "a high number."  Does that make you feel better?  Because basically on an "unemotional and factual level."  What I say is true.  I have ridden in taxis (mostly Africans and Arabs) - they will date an AA woman for the sex but few will marry her.   As an AA woman I have had several taxi drivers (many of them are educated men over in Africa who have been demoted to taxi drivers and returning students to American colleges over here) make it clear to me that they WILL NOT STOP and pick up an AA male over here.  That is in New York and Chicago.  That is how low many of them are viewed.  

You are in Africa and aren't here seeing this up close and personal.

I can write on what I observe without absorbing it into my own video. Yes, my man is Nigerian and we both are shooting down false thinking and opinions that others give to us about each other.  Several Africans told him that Americans don't bathe everyday.  I was stunned and laughed because he shared this with me and I knew that it was his way of wanting to know (without coming out and directly asking me) ===== he wanted to know if I fall into that "lack of soapy water" category.  He will soon find out through me that AA's especially the women are some of the cleaniest and softest people you want to meet.  I laughed when he said that but I do clearly recall hearing that more about whites in this country.  I have a white female friend who is beautiful and she exercises everyday but doesn't bathe every day.  She lives in a home that exceeds $200,000.00 and looks as good as Kim Kardashian but with blonde hair.  So he must have confused black americans with a large % of white americans.

The reason I shared that is to show you that people do hold opinions that aren't true.  I don't see black or negroid features regardless to how expanded as being ugly.  I typed to the thread the "prevalent thought."

I know that most of us are used to reading those NL writers who are constantly attacking others for no reason.  But I don't think I fall into that category.  I realize that at times my words might be seen as harsh and at times I am intentionally harsh.  But I try to be harsh towards the actions of an individual versus directing it personally at an individual to tear that person down.

I am trying to temper myself to attack the act versus the person.  In past I have failed at times, but today is a new day.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by shyone1: 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ Pure

Ok - sorry for leaving the thread topic. Love your magnanimous approach.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by PureOhio(f): 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
shy-one.:

@ Pure

Ok - sorry for leaving the thread topic. Love your magnanimous approach.

Ah ah, what can I do? Yelling back won't solve anything. It's best to just try to calm things down rather than add fuel to the flame. Seems like a lot of people fight on this site
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by tpia5: 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2011
I just wanted to see if them acting the way they did had anything to do with my mother being African American.

it doesnt really matter even if it was.

people are individuals, each with their own preferences.

i for one dont do all these " you cant date me therefore you're a racist/bigot/ethnophobe/whatever" mentalities.

if i'm going to call someone one of those tags, it would be based more on their actual talk, attitude and behaviour, not necessarily dating alone.

and i do recognize the fact that someone may just not like me for whatever reason- could be my looks, conversation, approach to life, appearance, etc. If they chose to add background to that list, then abeg i keep moving cos i cant be wasting my time running after somebody who is either not worth the effort or who i might not be suitable for anyway, and vice versa.

so, its a big world and as they say, "enyan o mo nkan t'oloun fi se" ie you dont know what might be prevented in future.

now, if a person cant be friends because of prejudice, then that's also different, but even then, not worth disturbing oneself over. Na them sabi.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by EzeUche1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2011
PureOhio. . . You are one mix girl. So your mother is AA and your father is mixed himself.  shocked
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by kandiikane(m): 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2011
@Shy_one,
OK, I don't give a cent. . I am going to move on. wink If you have a Nigerian man as a boyfriend why say majority do(Are you an exception)
Anyways goodluck with that mentality you have
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by kandiikane(m): 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
Btw, you did not hit a nerve just trying to tell you that  to use "Majority" is just you being ignorant.

Im not in Africa love. wink
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by PureOhio(f): 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
EzeUche!:

PureOhio. . . You are one mix girl. So your mother is AA and your father is mixed himself.  shocked

lol, I know. Lucky me eh? Of all mixtures I ended up like this. Ha, I sound like a cocktail. I've been blessed with a father who has the best of both worlds tribally and a mom who has the best of both worlds culturally. What more can I ask for?

tpia@:

it doesnt really matter even if it was.

people are individuals, each with their own preferences.

i for one dont do all these " you cant date me therefore you're a racist/bigot/ethnophobe/whatever" mentalities.

if i'm going to call someone one of those tags, it would be based more on their actual talk, attitude and behaviour, not necessarily dating alone.

and i do recognize the fact that someone may just not like me for whatever reason- could be my looks, conversation, approach to life, appearance, etc. If they chose to add background to that list, then abeg i keep moving cos i cant be wasting my time running after somebody who is either not worth the effort or who i might not be suitable for anyway, and vice versa.

so, its a big world and as they say, "enyan o mo nkan t'oloun fi se" ie you dont know what might be prevented in future.

now, if a person cant be friends because of prejudice, then that's also different, but even then, not worth disturbing oneself over. Na them sabi.

Thanks tpia kiss
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Basseti: 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ PureOhio

Dont worry, u go get Naija guy cheesy Dont run ooooo when u start getting more applications than you can handle. cheesy

U sound very cool, just continue to be yourself and it will work out fine.

I still dont believe it had anything to do with your mom's heritage no matter what you say.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by shyone1: 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
kandiikane:

@Shy_one,
OK, I don't give a cent. . I am going to move on. wink  If you have a Nigerian man as a boyfriend why say majority do(Are you an exception)
Anyways goodluck with that mentality you have

I say majority from my observation - as I get out alot and I get around alot.  From what I have seen and heard from many, many people.  It is popular opinion.  Ignorance plays no part.  My guy is one person and many times his thoughts also mirror the thought of those very long held popular opinions and beliefs as well.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by kandiikane(m): 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
shy-one.:

I say majority from my observation - as I get out alot and I get around alot.  From what I have seen and heard from many, many people.  It is popular opinion.  Ignorance plays no part.  My guy is one person and many times his thoughts also mirror the thought of those very long held popular opinions and beliefs as well. 
Then what you should have said was majority from MY observation because I too could go and say African Americans are ghetto because majority I have met are but I will not because I have not met all and I have met some who are not.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
PureOhio:

@andyanders : I communicate the say way as them. I can speak both pidgin and 'regular' English.

@alexola20: Money has nothing to do with this! We're all from tha same fanacial background. And for the record, I resent that comment about all women loving money. We're not all the same. Just because one girl may be consumed with the idea of having money doesn't mean we all are sad

@0lumide: Protect their interest? I never thought of it that way. And Ohio is still boiling. Chei, pure madness!! Even the yeye governer was having a fit. I keep telling people, it's just a game. No need to call for blood. Such terrible behavior tongue undecided

Although I'm flattered, there's no need to dream of me. I just came to make frinds and  hear what people had to is fighting, please stop it o!!say.

@Thirst4Life: I'm not on a  Naija man hunt lol I just wanted to see if them acting the way they did had anything to do with my mother being African American.

@Shy-One and Basseti: I'm glad you two stoped arguing. I was starting to get worried. We can all discuss things without getting so heated smiley

@tom28: What makes you think I do all those things you say. Not all African American act like that. Just as not all Nigerians are 419ers, not all Black Americans use the N-word. Its generalizations like that that divide us as black people cry

@Amya: I don't want anything. It was just casual talks at these events. I wasn't trying to push up on them or get them to put a ring on it lol. Oh by the way, I've seen your blog before.

@kandiikane: Ok, I will.

@everyone who is fighting: please stop it o!! We can talk without people wanting to rip heads off of one another.

hmmmm ok oo!  But believe you already have a stalker lol;  NL stalking.  ping me, holla at me, just to say hi, but deep inside the man dying to meet lol.  Pinging is ok but most guys won't go for it lol.  na number dem want hahaha.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by tpia5: 8:10pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^isnt olumide one of those "undateable" names?

as in, they tend to be players though of course that might be a misconception.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
tpia@:

^^isnt olumide one of those "undateable" names?

as in, they tend to be players though of course that might be a misconception.

ahhhh mo gbe!

Lol maybe u r right sha,

I find myself losing interest in a girl after a while lol,
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by tpia5: 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2011
never met an olumide who wasnt a player, actually.

doesnt mean i'm right though. wink

they tend to be very handsome, but playerzzz.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Gbenge77(m): 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
Op,i am amazed by your story.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by jackkyy(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
@ OP. i can give you an answer. i live in houston. you can email me chiyex@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by ShyOne(f): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
kandiikane:

Then what you should have said was majority from MY observation because I too could go and say African Americans are ghetto because majority I have met are but I will not because I have not met all and I have met some who are not.

Actually I am going to stick with what I stated - but thanks for the advice.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by kandiikane(m): 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
Well now that is just been ignorant
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by ShyOne(f): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2011
ok

grin
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by portage(m): 12:02am On Jun 23, 2011
PureOhio:

lol, I know. Lucky me eh? Of all mixtures I ended up like this. Ha, I sound like a cocktail. I've been blessed with a father who has the best of both worlds tribally and a mom who has the best of both worlds culturally. What more can I ask for?

Thanks tpia kiss
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 23, 2011
pureohio it ought not be news to u tht we blacks are divided.Its just like the light skinned AAs hate on the dark skinned AAs and the hausa man hate on the igbo man and the yoruba man hate on the tiv man.So yes we blacks are divided
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by PureOhio(f): 2:00am On Jun 23, 2011
tom28:

pureohio it ought not be news to u tht we blacks are divided.Its just like the light skinned AAs hate on the dark skinned AAs and the hausa man hate on the igbo man and the yoruba man hate on the tiv man.So yes we blacks are divided

I wouldn't really say that its news to me, its just that I would have thought that things like this have eased up. I have a friend who is East Indian, West Indian, and black--I'm not sure when the black side isfrom. Anyway, the East Indian family doesn't like the West Indian side. It's so sad cry

portage:

See, PureOhio you need to ask yourself questions (such as character wise, are you a snob?, do you pretend to be what you are not? above all, do you have a bachelors degree? because at your age, it is expected that you should have at least your bachelors) and answer these questions genuinely. See, if you do not have your self together education wise, (and you are doing all these wanna be western girl) NO Nigerian man will look your side for a long term commitment, they'll rather have their fun and move on. There's nothing wrong with you or your mum being AA.
So, be open to urself, After all, you can not deceive urself. Anyway, i dey your backyard  in Cuyahoga Falls (about 30mins away from Cleveland)

Ok, I'm taking in all of this advice smiley

0lumide:

hmmmm ok oo!  But believe you already have a stalker lol;  NL stalking.  ping me, holla at me, just to say hi, but deep inside the man dying to meet lol.  Pinging is ok but most guys won't go for it lol.  na number dem want hahaha.

lol, if it's numbers people want then I'm sorry to disappoint them but I don't share numbers online. I don't wanna give people the wrong idea or impression of me. I'm not that sorta girl.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by MrsChima(f): 4:37am On Jun 23, 2011
And i recall you some other time u saying that a good number of us nigerian men are scams but now you changing your words Grin.Ol boy some of you akatas are so damm funny Grin
Anyway i respect your black american men for the strenght they have in withstanding yall drama.

Tom28,

I am glad that you said that now sit back and learn.

First of all, I have never said A GOOD NUMBER OF "US" Nigerian men are scammers. If you wan to boast about scamming that ON YOU. You will also see that I stated the NAMES of the individuals and they are plastered all over Nairaland. Take your time and go over it. You will not find ONE POST stating the BULLSHIT you have claimed against me.

Secondly, I said YOU are not the typical MOST (not all) NIGERIAN man who has COMMON SENSE AND are COGNITIVE ENDOWED. You are 50 cards short of a full deck and you are not FUNNY AT ALL. wink

Lastly, my hat goes off to Nigerian women who PUT UP, DEAL WITH, TOLERATES, REFRAINS FROM KILLING, and wake up EVERYDAY with Nigerian men like you. cool Somebody have to do it. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 23, 2011
Lastly, my hat goes off to Nigerian women who PUT UP, DEAL WITH, TOLERATES, REFRAINS FROM KILLING, and wake up EVERYDAY with Nigerian men like you. cool Somebody have to do it. lipsrsealed

[quote][/quote]
I love and respect my nigerian queens and one thing i admire about them is that they are understanding and even though they might critisize we nigerian men that doesnt mean they hate us and neither does it mean we hate them when we critisize them cheesy cheesy.They are our wives,our mothers and our sisters cheesy and our hearts go up to them for the struggle they go through both in nigeria and the west.For you black american women i would say u are a complete disgrace to womanhood.You degrade your own men making fun of them in public while upgrading white men and looking down on your own men.You akata women lack manners and have numerous kids from different men with the end result that you become unsuitable partners and become single and frustrated up to middle age grin grin.Tell me who wants an angry frustrated 48 yr old akata woman with a bunch of kids from unknown daddies who had their unfortunate behinds locked up in jail for one crime or the other cheesy
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

And i recall you some other time u saying that a good number of us nigerian men are scams but now you changing your words Grin.Ol boy some of you akatas are so damm funny Grin
Anyway i respect your black american men for the strenght they have in withstanding yall drama.

Tom28,

Not to worry naija girls love me and most get along with me for my sense of humour cheesy cheesy.Nigerian women are not fiesty like you akatas grin
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by MrsChima(f): 5:30am On Jun 23, 2011
Tom28, your Nigerian brothers are plotting to whoop your arse once they find your address for misrepresenting them.   lipsrsealed

You just mad over nothing and u label me as someone who sterotype but look at you saying i eat tacos and nachos from hispanic ladies

You need to read what I said again.  This time use a translator.  

I dont need to google about black american women since i come across them everyday.They have an attitude and they are all drama(just like you are exhibiting in here)

If you have actually came across Black American women who has an attitude and all about drama EVERYDAY.  Maybe you need to find out what is it about YOU that keeps attracting them. No intellectual women REGARDLESS of nationalities will even approach you because you ARE slow as molasses.  I am sure those Black American women that you SEE everyday (curling lips knowing this nigga lying) doesn't give two rabbit shits about you.   wink

Pick up a dictionary and look up the word Drama, Differences of opinion and drama are two separate definitions.  

My hispanic friend is not a mexican but a cuban and she"s a very good cook and besides you need to taste some of the african dishes she has perfected herself in preparing.

How can I say this without being too harsh?  (blowing slow breaths)  Did you go to ANYBODY SCHOOL at all?   shocked  Mexicans and Cubans are from hispanic/latino group.  (shaking head in disbelief like THIS NIGGA for real? shocked)  

If she is SLOW like you, I am sure she thinks Jollef rice is made using Potatoes.  lipsrsealed

I know a number of black american women married to nigerian men and these guys are complaining and making plans to divorce them for african women because these black american women give them problems all the time.One of my friends uncle who met his black american wife while he was in school in Denmark has divorced her and he"s now with a nigerian woman.

Before getting the papers, they weren't complaining huh?    That's why I tell chicks ALL THE TIME if you are going to marry someone that is UNDOCUMENTED you are taking a risk HE MAY be legit and he may not be legit.  

I stated in another thread that NIGERIAN MEN who marries other women for papers know to do these following:

Say anything she wants to hear.
Kiss her arse at ALL COSTS.
Keep her nice and happy.
Do not Bleep up UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES.

A man will leave a woman he doesn't love REGARDLESS OF HER COLOR.  If he is scamming her WHY WOULD HE STAY?   DUH.  undecided

Sorry to say this but yes when it comes to sex black american women are very good in it but when it comes to marriage its a big no no.You ladies dont even have succesful relationships with your own black american men and you ladies disrespect them all the time.

Most men who can't Bleep say that the woman is good.  It will be okay, practice makes perfect.   wink   Why do you care if some Black American women aren't in a relationship?  Why haven't a Nigerian woman claimed you?   lipsrsealed  

You and your brothers disrespect women all the time so how are you (the kettle) calling the pot black?  Just by reading your posts, I can see why Nigerian women runs to OYINBO men in DROVES.   lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by PureOhio(f): 5:35am On Jun 23, 2011
tom28:
I love and respect my nigerian queens and one thing i admire about them is that they are understanding and even though they might critisize we nigerian men that doesnt mean they hate us and neither does it mean we hate them when we critisize them cheesy cheesy.They are our wives,our mothers and our sisters cheesy and our hearts go up to them for the struggle they go through both in nigeria and the west.For you black american women i would say u are a complete disgrace to womanhood.You degrade your own men making fun of them in public while upgrading white men and looking down on your own men.You akata women lack manners and have numerous kids from different men with the end result that you become unsuitable partners and become single and frustrated up to middle age grin grin.Tell me who wants an angry frustrated 48 yr old akata woman with a bunch of kids from unknown daddies who had their unfortunate behinds locked up in jail for one crime or the other cheesy

tom28, why are you making all these generalizations?!

This has got to be by far one of the most disrespectful things I have ever heard on this thread. My mother is nothing like the women you've described. I've seen my fair share of loud and obnoxious Nigerian women but I don't say all of them are like them. Please stop making these generalizations about people. As a black man, I'm sure white people look at you as a black person and make horrible assumptions about you cry
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by MrsChima(f): 5:36am On Jun 23, 2011
tom28:

Not to worry naija girls love me and most get along with me for my sense of humour cheesy cheesy.Nigerian women are not fiesty like you akatas grin

Those Nigerian girls love THAT MONEY you borrowed to flash.  It isn't YOU suga unless they are village girls because I know for a fact intellectual Nigerian women WOULDN'T EVEN spit on you if you was on fire.   lipsrsealed

Unless you got a different definition of fiesty.  There are plenty of Nigerian women on Nairaland that are "fiesty".   You met two Black American women and still don't know shit.  lipsrsealed

What's sense of humor?  Did you pay the how to be funny membership fee?   undecided
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by MrsChima(f): 5:40am On Jun 23, 2011
PureOhio:

tom28, why are you making all these generalizations?!

This has got to be by far one of the most disrespectful things I have ever heard on this thread. My mother is nothing like the women you've described. I've seen my fair share of loud and obnoxious Nigerian women but I don't say all of them are like them. Please stop making these generalizations about people. As a black man, I'm sure white people look at you as a black person and make horrible assumptions about you cry

PureOhio,

Tom28 is the spokesperson of Jerry Lewis Kids Foundation. He has issues not only with Black American women, but gay men and white people. He stated in other threads that the only reason Nigerian men date white women is for papers. He is obsessed with HIV infection, (I think he is HIV positive but that a different thread) and gay men.

Please do not take offense to ANYTHING he say. Even his OWN Nigerian brothers called him shameless IN OTHER THREADS. Now that pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Life Of A Massager With "Happy Ending" (Pics) / What Do Women Really Want From Men? / Ladies Which Would You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.