Stats: 3,173,265 members, 7,887,770 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos (31860 Views)

Sanwo-olu Tours The Lagos RED LINE Rail Project / Lagos Completes Purchase Of 2 Talgo Trains Originally Designed For US City (pi / Osinbajo In Anambra To Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge & Visit Markets For Trademoni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by nedekid: 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Other State Governors from South West, South South and North are busy developing their various States. But our IGBO Governors are doing the reverse. Abia State Governor has been building the only over head bridge in the State for over 6 years now.

Enugu is another State with failed infrastructure. No water in the entire State. 500ltrs of water cost 15k and this won't last a family of 3, three days. Anambra is another State where nothing is working. The only saving grace in Anambra is the new Airport Buhari recently built. Imo Governor and Ebony are the only Governors who are trying in the East.
Buhari built an airport in anambra?
Where is the airport located?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by walefresh3(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
Latakia:
You were born and hustling in the southeast for so many years and couldn't make progress in life upon your parents prayers toward you. However, you left the southeast for southwest and northwest and suddenly your life begin to change for good. But all you could do is to start abusing and insulting your host governors and the people that accommodate you while abandoning your own governors, senators and reps who sent you outside as refugees.

You are nothing but an ingrate.
Baba you bad grin grin grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by kumulus(m): 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
chaseblack:
Really great stuff, I for one cannot wait for the completion of the Lagos rail line project maybe it will finally bring sanity to Lagos roads.

But I have one question bothering me, why did the initial American State cancel the use of the train and engage in such deep court case over a useful train?
Anybody knows why?

What is this about? I'm interested. Kindly share more please
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by babzo(m): 6:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
aribisala0:
Your problem is that you do not use your brain . You just read and react , copy and paste like an automaton

Go back and read what you have posted
A High speed rail line DOES NOT EXIST in LAGOS or Nigeria

Trains intended for use on a high speed rail line can be used on a rail line that is not high speed
The fact that a knife was intended for use in killing a turkey does not make it a TURKEY KILLING KNIFE or mean it cannot be used to kill a chicken

High speed refers to the LINE and supporting technology not the coaches or carriages
FYI
There is no High speed rail in the UK today . A contract was awarded to start one and that should come online in 10 years or so.

So specialized tracks are required and if we bought trains intended for use on a High speed track that DOES NOT make the trains "high speed".

Haaaaaaaa......Oga don shift goalpost o..... grin

First it was train is not high speed; then Oga see say dem be. Now it's Lagos does not have the tracks....Chai....Naija man.... grin

Eko Oni baje o.....Lagos no go spoil!!!!!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
lexy2014:

How will tinubu move Nigeria forward and improve the living standards of Nigerians?

Pls take note of d "how"

How has he "moved" the lives of igbos as well as other tribes forward? How did he improve their living standards?

Did igbos and other tribes start migrating to Lagos in 1999?

Ask them for practical examples and have them share the reasons why they refuse to live Lagos and why they took their businesses to Lagos and did not set them up back home.

Also while at it ask them why they would rather invest in Lagos and for all I know you are most likely also typing from Lagos. So please tell me why you are not typing from your village?

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Gaabasky: 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
High speed ko, jet speed ni. It is the same high class locomotive train abandoned by America and cashed by LASG.

Read Prof Adesanmi (of blessed memory) on Lagos rail
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by 3ple9ine(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2022
richiepolymer:

Road and Railways are not the same! Does U.S utilize railway like China does? U.S uses more of highway system....China is the country that truly utilizes passenger railway transport than any other country in the world.
Which project is the Chinese not doing for lagos? Name it! So why turn around to go the way of U.S now? Why now? All because of 2023? cheesy
There is obviously political undertones to this move. Buying rail cars from U.S? Laughable!
What informed that choice?
Bro the Lagos rail isn't done by only one company.
I can tell you for a fact that the redline is being done by craneburg construction company.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by olatuns2017: 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
Liars with their propaganda train. How do they want us to believe this is Nigeria? Pls check this pics. The rail tracks are even covered with granite sand. Who do they think they are deceiving?

Didn't you see Sanwolu is in the USA

Who told you that is Nigeria?

Stop taking weed
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by lexy2014: 7:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tetehjewels:

Ask them for practical examples and have them share the reasons why they refuse to live Lagos and why they took their businesses to Lagos and did not set them up back home.

Also while at it ask them why they would rather invest in Lagos and for all I know you are most likely also typing from Lagos. So please tell me why you are not typing from your village?

Who are the "them" that I should ask? Who are the "they" you are referring to? Are u no longer Igbo as u said in your earlier comment as seen in d screenshot below? If so, then asking u d questions below is in order:

How has he "moved" the lives of igbos as well as other tribes forward? How did he improve their living standards?

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by chaseblack(m): 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
kumulus:

What is this about? I'm interested. Kindly share more please

Honestly I don't understand as well, hence my question.
But it seems Lagos state purchased some sets of new train from an American state, which the American state had initially ordered for but couldn't use due to some legal tussle.
So I think they decided to sell the train to Lagos state govt.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by homosapien(m): 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
chaseblack:
Really great stuff, I for one cannot wait for the completion of the Lagos rail line project maybe it will finally bring sanity to Lagos roads.

But I have one question bothering me, why did the initial American State cancel the use of the train and engage in such deep court case over a useful train?
Anybody knows why?

The US State of Wisconsin got $810million in Federal Stimulus money in 2009 to fund high speed metro rail project and since then couldn't make headway with the project partly due to change of political leadership of the state from Democratic Party to Republican Party and new priorities.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by 77up(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
Liars with their propaganda train. How do they want us to believe this is Nigeria? Pls check this pics. The rail tracks are even covered with granite sand. Who do they think they are deceiving?
Read , you won't but only rush to propagate your unnecessary hate. Must you continue to embarrass your ancestors like this ? Whats the essence of your education? Well , that's the effect of half baked education.

Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu at Milwaukee, USA, in company of stakeholders in the transportation sector,
takes a tour of @TalgoGroup, manufacturers of high speed trains meant for the Lagos Red Line rail project.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
lexy2014:

Who are the "them" that I should ask? Who are the "they" you are referring to? Are u no longer Igbo as u said in your earlier comment as seen in d screenshot below? If so, then asking u d questions below is in order:

Stop asking stupid questions if your brain is not large enough to comprehend the fact that your question has been answered via simple reason of mass migration to Lagos which I am sure even you did.

Dem kidnap you come Lagos?

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by princejones(m): 8:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
Anything roofing call us today on 08037156958

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by lexy2014: 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tetehjewels:

Stop asking stupid questions if your brain is not large enough to comprehend the fact that your question has been answered via simple reason of mass migration to Lagos which I am sure even you did.

Dem kidnap you come Lagos?

Still doesn't answer my questions.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by kumulus(m): 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
chaseblack:

Honestly I don't understand as well, hence my question.
But it seems Lagos state purchased some sets of new train from an American state, which the American state had initially ordered for but couldn't use due to some legal tussle.
So I think they decided to sell the train to Lagos state govt.

Oh I see, thanks for the input.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
lexy2014:

Still doesn't answer my questions.

Why don't you leave Lagos back to your village. you should have the answer you seek since you clearly think you are not doing better in Lagos than in your Village.

Can you try this experiment?

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by lexy2014: 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tetehjewels:

Why don't you leave Lagos back to your village. you should have the answer you seek since you clearly think you are not doing better in Lagos than in your Village.

Can you try this experiment?

As an igbo man that u say u are and your request that I should direct my questions to igbos, am wondering why u can't answer the following questions:

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
lexy2014:

As an igbo man that u say u are and your request that I should direct my questions to igbos, am wondering why u can't answer the following questions:

Continue sounding like a broken record. He has my vote. EOD

Nodu nakogheri
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by lexy2014: 9:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tetehjewels:

Continue sounding like a broken record. He has my vote. EOD

Nodu nakogheri

The more reason why u should be able to answer my questions:

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by ultimateprof: 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2022
Where is mummy G.O?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by greatman247(m): 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
shortIGBOman:
See Governor wey sabi

E no be like Abi State Gov abi? LOL
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Dapson73(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
Kudos to Governor Sanwo-Olu.

God bless Asiwaju Jagaban.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by blowjohn(m): 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
U begin to ask urself why the ones amechi bought are not as modern as these ones.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Isorshe(m): 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
So they will finish and ship those massive trains down here, why not build parts here and assemble to create a local economy plus passing the skill down.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by jaxxy(m): 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
Latakia:
You were born and hustling in the southeast for so many years and couldn't make progress in life upon your parents prayers toward you. However, you left the southeast for southwest and northwest and suddenly your life begin to change for good. But all you could do is to start abusing and insulting your host governors and the people that accommodate you while abandoning your own governors, senators and reps who sent you outside as refugees.

You are nothing but an ingrate.

Hahahahaha! NAwa ooo

Anyways I think when they came to Lagos it wasn’t like this. They helped develop Lagos.

Lagos owes them alot and they shud be respected.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by jaxxy(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
seunmsg:
This is why we must never allow the destructive, vision less and corrupt PDP take over Lagos state.

Currently Lagos is being run like how Pdp was running Nigeria for 16 years with abandoned projects everywhere and grand corruption going on cos they thought they can’t be removed.

Maybe we need Pdp in Lagos state like how Apc took power in federal. Apc is too relaxed and corrupt.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by eefeem: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2022
The case could be liken to Ambode vs Fashola. When Ambode abandoned all Fashola project. But the twist is when the company takes Ambode to court for not allowing their product to be utilised.

https://www.cbs58.com/news/trains-built-in-milwaukee-head-to-nigeria-after-decade-long-legal-saga-over-high-speed-rail

chaseblack:

Anybody knows why?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Latakia(f): 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2022
jaxxy:

Hahahahaha! NAwa ooo

Anyways I think when they came to Lagos it wasn’t like this. They helped develop Lagos.

Lagos owes them alot and they shud be respected.
Developers indeed! You develop other people regions while leaving your own to be wash away by erosion grin

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Ovamboland(m): 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
SmartPolician:
Nice! Sanwo-Olu is doing a good job, but I don't understand why Lagos State government is still getting bonds meanwhile she is the richest state in Nigeria.

Bond money comes in quickly for project execution then IGR comes in daily out of which you gradually pay back the loan or bonds.
Rather than wait for 5 or 6 years to save the money for projects by which time prices would have increased
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by shortIGBOman: 11:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
greatman247:

E no be like Abi State Gov abi? LOL

Everything about Abia and their Governor no make sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yari-Kalu/Kalu-Yari Senate Presidency: We Have joined forces, Not Backing Down / APC: Governors Draw Battle Line With Aso Rock Cabal / Tinubu Visits Kano, Met By Supporters (Video, Pictures)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66