Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,203 members, 7,903,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:26 AM

Website Review | Mortgagesphb - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review | Mortgagesphb (704 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review | Mortgagesphb by luzoma: 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2011
Please review this website www.mortgagesphb.com
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by lagoshost(m): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2011
Emmm let start the review by asking you if you represent bankphp,

I will provide an honest review if you answer this question!
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by luzoma: 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
It's my latest job, am d webmaster
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by lagoshost(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2011
Ok,

You are not affiliated to BankPHP and you have their logo on your that site, my brother be ready for trouble as they will come after you.

That is my humble review.
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by luzoma: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2011
@lagoshost: thatz a crazy response,  i told u i designed it 4 them and u r here talking nonsense
@all: Pls i need proffessional review from webmasters (It's a new website for the mortgage banking arm of Bank PHB) thanks in anticipation of your useful comments
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by lagoshost(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2011
Ok, sorry there was nothing on your response to prove you said so! We are not fighting,

Let me work on a the review right now.

Thank you!
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by luzoma: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
@lagoshost: better, anyways, sorry if i was harsh, waiting
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by lagoshost(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2011
Review -

Domain Name:
You have a good domain name there. Very easy to remember and spell. Uniform domain to matches the bankphp main website.

Links
Some of the links are not working, eg http://www.mortgagesphb.com/remember.php . This is not professional as a site like this should be completed before coming online.

Check these links:
  Home Ownership Scheme
  Easy Land Acquization
  Floor Plan Financing
  Commercial Properties
  Rent Plus
  Home Equity Line Mortgage
  Divine Mortgage Plan

You have a nice font, very easy to read. The colour is ok and the design layout is nice too.

I will suggest you check it on at least on 5 different browsers. It is not very good on Firefox.

Also, there should be links to the main bank site.

I will come up with but I need to go do some other things.

Enjoy yourself.
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by luzoma: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2011
thanks 4 d response,  as 4 d dead links; am still wking on them,  will add a link 2 d main site
Thanks.
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by item: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2011
Nice one from lagoshost
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by lagoshost(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2011
@item thank you.

@luzoma I will check it again to complete my review.
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by luzoma: 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2011
just updated, what do u think?
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by utimatedes(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
Your design is okay except that you make a mistake some where. When I checked the source code, I discovered a big mistake.

I think when you used somebody scripts, you should give credit to the owner. You make used of Dynamic Drive "Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow" and edited the notice.

That is where you made a big mistake. A big project like this, that notice should remain intact. If they ever notice that you have used their scripts for a big project like PHPMortgage without paying them credit, It may cost you a lot.

If you don't want to give credit, don't make use of the scripts or you can write your own scripts.

/***********************************************
* Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow (v1.51): © Dynamic Drive (http://www.luzoma.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit http://www.luzoma.com/ for this script and 100s more.
***********************************************/

It supposed to be like this:
/***********************************************
* Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow (v1.51): © Dynamic Drive (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for this script and 100s more.
***********************************************/

So correct that to stay out of trouble.
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by yawatide(f): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
1) Get rid of the scrolling marquees on the home page or at best, keep only 1 (that scrolls much slower): They are distracting
2) Search form directs me to products page. Why?
3) Why did you use flash menu buttons and not css?
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by DualCore1: 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2011
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
yawa u no go wait for line?  angry

Layout looks good, however it would be better to maintain the layout of the main Bank PHB site which looks better and more professional.

Search is dead

No Terms of Service, Privacy Policies, Copyright e.t.c

I don't know really but don't descriptive names for links help SEO? (floor_plan_financing.php as against fpf.php) I really have no solid say on this maybe its my imagination.

For you to have made the site public I should think it has been completed and reviewed by your client (in this case, Bank PHB), then begs the question: who reviewed this and made it fit for safe public use at its present stage?

Entire site may kill a potential investor's first impression on Bank PHB (consider sticking to the layout on the main Bank PHB site).

Another reason to stick to the main BankPHB layout as much as possible is so this site doesn't pass as a phishing site.

Summary: make a clone of the main site's layout (basic xhtml and css) and scoop the content of this site into your clone. Kill one or both scrolling things on the homepage, bury the dead search or breathe life into it. At least add Terms of Service, if you cant mirror the whole footer of the Main BankPHB site.
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by luzoma: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2011
Thanks guyz, the site is still under review, i had 2 upload it cuz am in PH most of d tym whereas their operational HQ is in lagos. If u notice b4 d update, there was an internet banking login form where u now hv d top scroll, but d IT board incharge asked me to replace it wit d scroll, I suggested most of ur contributions here but they were rejected n i hv 2 wk according to specification. They insisted on dat color combination.
Any idea on where and hw much i can purchase an ssl certificate will b appreciated.
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by DualCore1: 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2011
I have tons of certificates. My domain registrar used to give me one bonus Comodo Positive SSL cert per domain I registered, last year. They are still unused. I could give you one and its free for a whole year (the bonus) after which you may have to renew it yourself or pay me the Naira equivalent of the dollar cost for me to renew for you. I think renewal is about 10 usd per year. Its a single domain cert with 128/256 bit encryption.

Depending on what that site will do, you may require an SSL cert with higher level of encryption. Just Google SSL certs if you require something higher.
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by luzoma: 12:27am On Jun 24, 2011
@dual core: Just want to make dis site load as https the bank suggested it.
How do i get it pls?
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by DualCore1: 8:54am On Jun 24, 2011
Since the site is powered by cPanel, you need to create a cert request if you have access to its WHM or tell whoever has access to create a cert request.
Under WHM goto "Generate a SSL Certificate and Signing Request"
Enter contact email, choose a password, confirm password, Host to make cert for: "www.mortgagesphb.com", key size:2048. fill the rest of the form.
Once the request is created a mail will be sent, forward the mail to me and I will initiate the cert installation process. Once I'm done I will send you the key and crt files and then you go back to WHM and choose "Install a SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain". Just paste the crt i send in the first textfield and it will normally fetch the rest. Then click "Submit". That's all.

Note: the domain must have a dedicated IP.
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by luzoma: 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
no dedicated ip yet, its among d reason y i needed d ssl cert, sm1 told me dat i can purchase 1 with embedded dedicated ip, how posible?
Re: Website Review | Mortgagesphb by DualCore1: 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Jquery Developer? Www.dwitch.com Is Hiring! / Domain Registration / Building A Recharge Card Printing Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.