Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,580 members, 7,885,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 09:20 AM

Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria (28701 Views)

Save South East From Collapse, Okonjo-Iweala Tells Governors / Northern Coalition Asks Court To Exit South-East From Nigeria / Kano Elders Ask Court To Hasten The Exit Of The South-East From Nigeria - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Bamzyriches451: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2022
Damn!!
Lies, my people can't do such thing
Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by mcbreeze: 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
Igboid:

IPOB is senseless for including non Igbos, especially Igbophobic minorities in their Utopia Biafra.

It's either they are stupid, or they are scammers and don't want Biafra actualization to happen.
I'm inclined to believe that for IPOB leaders, it's about scam, they know what they are doing.
While for millions of their foot soldiers like you, it's all about folly!

Ignored. I don't respond to empty brain

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Leviticuscreed: 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Okoyeeboz:
[s][/s]

You think you are wiser or more important than the South South but everyone laughs at you behind your backs. The Presidency you guys are begging for is what they South South left 6 years ago.
You guys are slaves and you don't know it yet.

The problem with you kiddo is that you think this is a "versus" thingy and is the stupidity I I'm talking about. This is no se vs ss thing.... We are all losers here because we can't get our priorities right.

About the slave talk, you re partially right on that one. We all are slaves here, ss, se, sw, mb all of us. The only difference is that some slaves are respected while others are feared more than the rest... You already know the position of your region in this.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Alabo7978(m): 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
JoeArmsD1:
Even Bayelsa State is not entirely an Ijaw nation.
There are Ogbia, Epie, Attissa, Ijaw, Nembe and Urhobo in Bayelsa.

Ijaws are forcing the entire state to be categorized as Ijaw state; Epie and Ogbia has been very vocal that they weren't Ijaws.

Ijaw nation is even dead cos they aren't one people but an assemblage of various ethnic nationalities.

Imagine Ijaws claiming Bonny and Opobo as Ijaws?

ogbia speak an ijoid Language.
some settlements in Attisai speak an ijoid Language very closely related to Nembe.
a creek is navigated between both areas.
though there are other elements in Epie and attissa like the edoid people but there are also ijo people too.

before you say what you don't know, always go to a place and ask so that you can be sure.
Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by onuman: 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2022
DitariDisciple2:

Mumu.
Your frustration does not reach Ijaw Nation.

As an Igbo, Ijaw sovereign country is ideal. But remember that an Ijaw man, Frank Opigo, introduced the name, Biafra, in 1967. Ijaws were in the Eastern Region Parliament that voted for secession of Biafra. They also voted for secession of Biafra.
There were too many Ijaw military officers and other ranks who fought in Biafra armed forces, till the end of the Biafra vs Nigeria war.
Let's hope that these Ijaw leaders are not trying to sabotage the efforts of the Igbos to exit from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by gidgiddy: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
Igboid:

So you know this and yet you clueless IPOB people keep adding them to your Biafra?
Are you not sabotaging yourselves?

Ignoramus. The Biafrans are fighting for referendum so everyone can choose where they want to be

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by od501: 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2022
giftibo:

https://independent.ng/inc-moves-to-join-suit-seeking-exit-of-seast-from-nigeria/

What Nigerian government cannot do doesn't exist . Forget ethnic sentiment, these guys are underestimating the Igbo energy. Sponsoring to cede the Niger Delta from Igbo territory doesn't make the SE any less. Na all these "our oyel" crew I dey pity.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Alabo7978(m): 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
Xbobtage:

Look! your people have added my community and are calling it an Ijaw clan, Everyone of age in Rivers state knows that we have been fighting Kalabari and Okrika people for generations. I am an ogoni Man, we have nothing in common with Ijaw people in language and cultural structure. Till today in Rivers state, our people are not allowed to intermarry with Rivers Ijaws and you come out here with your fraudulent map and call our people Ijaw people?

Let me also tell you that Obolo People are not Ijaw people, everyone in rivers state knows that. The majority of them about 70% bear akwa ibom sounding names. Out of the remaining 30 percent 20 percent bear igbo names and the remaining ijoid names. You people went and grabbed one of the very few people bearing an ijoid name in western obolo and made him IYC president, so that you people can draw this map and claim lands as far away as ibeno.

I was having a conversation with an elder statesman, a traditional title holder from Obolo land who clearly said that Obolo people are not ijaw people rather identify with Ijaws through the INC to gain traction for similar struggles on the national stage. Obolo people are of annang,obibio,ibo and defraka(ijaw) origin. How can people from Brass come and claim the entire land as their own?

Please wake Up! Stop accusing ibo people of what your people are trying to do. Dont start drawing lines and making false boundary claims. Alot of the indigenes of the communities you have added in your map would laugh loudly if someone called them Ijaw in person.
The obolo or Obolobolo people are ijoid.
there was an ancient dispersal following a spiritual plague hundreds of years ago.
Obolobolo use to be part of the ancient six divisions or quaters which made up the old Nembe.
(Oboloamabiri, Opubigamabiri, kalabigamabiri, olodioamabiri, onyoamabiri, Oroamabiri)

the dispersion made them to scatter and many of them went and found the present Obolo and also retaining the name. some went to kalabari, some to okrika, others were merged into the other settlements.
after a long while a small batch led by one Kala-ekule returned.

the reason they are somewhat ibibio-like is because of the ibibio influence over the many generations that followed.
same with the ijaws of ondo who have the Yoruba element in them.
Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by od501: 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2022
DitariDisciple2:
. Why are u guys trying to worship us to join una mumu biafra.

Normally, I have never known your ancestors has the smartest people. It is not an insult, go through history you will find out what I'm trying to say.

But you guys underestimate the Igbo people of the South East. If you are even suing for an ijaw nation, it would have been better, but aligning with the same people that almost annihilated your ancestors, and still steal from you is the height of stupidity.

As yourself, aside oil, what else do you have? Should this oil dry tomorrow, will the romance with the North continue?

He that has ears let him hear.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by mediainc: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2022
Nobody wants to join Biafra, seems like an illwind that blows no good. Ijaws protect your ancestral lands, I trust ijaw...warlords. seems everyone wants Igbo to go now.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by mediainc: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
Sergio104:
cool

IGBOS Will help Bayelsa ijaw alone secede from Nigeria.
IGBO nation does not end in south east..,....some were carved to Rivers state, Delta, Benue and Co.

So ijaw trying to help their ass here means they want to fullfil thier rubbish mantra of "Dot nation".

When your enemy tries to help you........ Know that something is fishy.

if Ijaw people really wanna help Igbo people, let them be voracious with us in our quest for REFERENDUM........not unnecessary help to mock us.

Normal level.

outta here!!!.
I think ijaws main concern is Biafra claiming part of their lands, and clans/tribes as Biafra.
Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by gidgiddy: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
overall90:

The stupidity of these minorities is something else.they are just out to cause confusion.look at the way Asari is attacking Nnamdi Kanu.
You remember the ibom republic nonsense the other time, now they are quiet.
If the ijaws really want their republic,why can't they be serious and face the federal government alone the way IPOB are doing.

To be honest, it is near impossible for a minority to break out of Nigeria. If it was hard for Igbos to do, you can imagine how it will be for Ijaw. I think that many of the minorities have simply accepted to be slaves in Nigeria and only remember self determination when they hear about Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Liebermantic: 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2022
Igbo-speaking part of South South, South East and Middle Belt will join the IGBO Nation .As for Opobo and Bonny,Ijaw have no evidence of ownership except the history written by their Ogogoro Professor Alagoa in 1972..
Average Ijaw man thinks those fictitious stories of owning slaves will count..They have lost Andoni and Obolo for Akwaibom people..Most of Ijaw history are fabricated inside Ogogoro parlor..No historical records in support of any Ijaw history.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by mediainc: 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kwestionair:

Noise makers!! Only on Nairaland!! IPOB has done very well globally without any politicians fund or oil money.
You think freedom fighting is by bursting oil pipeline alone?
Do you think Ijaw kingdom has the money to lobby international firms to lobby the world on Ijaw freedom?
I don’t blame you, na Nairaland give you mouth.
IPOB have done nothing but discredited themselves and their tribes, killed their fathers, chiefs and daughters and earned the title of terrorist. IPOB has brought shame and disaster to itself and it's people. Stop that stupid talk.
Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Igboid: 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
gidgiddy:

Ignoramus. The Biafrans are fighting for referendum so everyone can choose where they want to be

You are irredeemable.
You can't fight for referendum for a people who never told you they need one.
Quit being foolish and scamming Igbo commoners.
Minorities never asked you for referendum.
When referendum was done in Britain, it was just for Scotland who asked for it, not was done for Wales or Northern Island.
Catalonia is seeking for their own referendum now. They are not asking for those of Basque or other regions.

You IPOB people are mentally challenged and only interested in putting Igboland to waste.

Amadioha will punish all of you scammers.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Igboid: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2022
overall90:

The stupidity of these minorities is something else.they are just out to cause confusion.look at the way Asari is attacking Nnamdi Kanu.
You remember the ibom republic nonsense the other time, now they are quiet.
If the ijaws really want their republic,why can't they be serious and face the federal government alone the way IPOB are doing.

You are the stupid ones.
Minorities never told you they want to leave Nigeria.
Let them be and stop playing God.
You are weak and can't help yourselves but you want to help someone who don't need your help and never asked for it.

The joke is on you.
You lots (IPOB) are all mad.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Kwestionair: 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2022
mediainc:

IPOB have done nothing but discredited themselves and their tribes, killed their fathers, chiefs and daughters and earned the title of terrorist. IPOB has brought shame and disaster to itself and it's people. Stop that stupid talk.

Ok noted..
Do you have anything else to add to this please because Ndigbo are already used to this cliche and it’s becoming boring to hear nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by gidgiddy: 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
Igboid:

You are irredeemable.
You can't fight for referendum for a people who never told you they need one.
Quit being foolish and scamming Igbo commoners.
Minorities never asked you for referendum.
When referendum was done in Britain, it was just for Scotland who asked for it, not was done for Wales or Northern Island.
Catalonia is seeking for their own referendum now. They are not asking for those of Basque or other regions.

You IPOB people are mentally challenged and only interested in putting Igboland to waste.

Amadioha will punish all of you scammers.

The Nigerians would really love your way of thinking, that way Igbos can lose their territories in Delta, Rivers and the lower Benue to Nigeria
Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Navalsadiq(m): 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
They are already dragging for territories when they have not devided
Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by overall90: 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Igboid:

You are the stupid ones.
Minorities never told you they want to leave Nigeria.
Let them be and stop playing God.
You are weak and can't help yourselves but you want to help someone who don't need your help and never asked for it.

The joke is on you.
You lots (IPOB) are all mad.

You are an idiot.
You think you know everything.
Did you see any where in my post where I said anything about helping the minorities or aligning with them for anything.
The minorities don't want Biafra but always want to join the fray any time any serious issue about Biafra comes up.
Here in this article, the INC says they want to be joined as defendants in a suit that have nothing to do with them.
If not for stupidity, tell me what it is.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
DitariDisciple2:

We are not lazy like Ipob.
Once we vex and stop all pipelines leaving Ijaw Land, Nigeria ends.
Lolzz. Mumu don talk. If they settle y'all with 1 bottle of ogogoro, you'll immediately change talk

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Igboid: 2:01pm On Jan 21, 2022
gidgiddy:

The Nigerians would really love your way of thinking, that way Igbos can lose their territories in Delta, Rivers and the lower Benue to Nigeria

Your ways play into Nigerian hands.
Rather than work in Uniting all Igbos from Bonny/Opobo to Benue (Ezza and Izzi in Benue state) together.
You lots are lost in the stupid Multiethnic BIAFRA with Igbophobic minorities, and are ending up losing Igbos outside SE, as they now see us as a people without clue!

Make Biafra a strictly Igbo speaking affair, get involved in SE politics and elect credible leaders, unite Igbos across SE and SS, be aggressive in clamping down any minorities encroaching into Igbo territories. Grow in Nigeria and in future when you want Biafra, you can take it without lifting a muscle.

Simple task any serious organization would undertake but brainless people in IPOB wouldn't understand.

Who did it favor that MASSOB scuttled Census on SE in 2006 and had since left us undercounted and now 3rd behind Yorubas?

Who is it going to favor that we have least registered voters in Nigeria and will as a result have no Political bargaining power in upcoming general elections?

I can see that you brainless dolts are being sponsored by our enemies to finish us kpatakpata!
You constantly work with our enemies to have us humiliated, ridiculed and marginalized, so that you will be able to keep your message of "they are marginalizing us" alive and be able to scam people with "we need BIAFRA as alternative" message?
Are you lots not wicked against your own like this?

It will not work for you guys. Your days are numbered if you continue like this.

9 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by chrisxxx(m): 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
Tochj:

Don't mind them
He is an illiterate
The Northeast Alone have more Reps than the whole of southeast.
How is your vote going to work?
They think we are fools.
The voting will be by regions.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Igboid: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2022
overall90:

You are an idiot.
You think you know everything.
Did you see any where in my post where I said anything about helping the minorities or aligning with them for anything.
The minorities don't want Biafra but always want to join the fray any time any serious issue about Biafra comes up.
Here in this article, the INC says they want to be joined as defendants in a suit that have nothing to do with them.
If not for stupidity, tell me what it is.

I bu ewu gambia.

Leave Ijaws alone.
They only joined the suit because you jellyfishes have them in your ridiculous maps.

Let them be. Denounce them, tell them they are irrelevant to your plans and watch them melt away. They are actually irrelevant. It's brainless IPOB that are giving them relevance.

Concentrate on aggressive unification Agenda of all Igbos in SS. You do this better by gaining Political control of SE and Making SE an economic power House in Nigeria.
People naturally associate with success, power and wealth.
You can't be rendering Ndiigbo powerless in Nigeria by reducing our official number ( No Census in 2006 by MASSOB) and by political emasculation (No Election by IPOB since 2015 with attendant low voters registration) and by Economic sabotage ( reduction of days of economic activities through incessant public holidays for a single man). And the be surprised we are not even getting the support of Igbos outside SE.
Who would want to attach to a powerless people with no economic muscle?

IPOB is as it stands the greatest enemy of Ndiigbo! angry

Tufia! Are you lots imbeciles? What is wrong with all of you? Ife obu Ara ka obu agwu!

9 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2022
Alabo7978:

ogbia speak an ijoid Language.
some settlements in Attisai speak an ijoid Language very closely related to Nembe.
a creek is navigated between both areas.
though there are other elements in Epie and attissa like the edoid people but there are also ijo people too.

before you say what you don't know, always go to a place and ask so that you can be sure.
I'm not saying what I don't know cos I have interacted with them and for the bolded, Ogbia language don't in any way have any Ijoid relationship; in between, Ogbia speaks Edoid language.

Ogbia people have always told the Ijaws that they weren't related or should be classified as Ijaws, they're Ogbia and remain Ogbia.

About Nembe speaking Ijoid language, You and I know for sure that you can't hear them speak and their lingua is no way related and no similarity of culture even.

An Epie man told me that the govt are forcing them to learn Ijaw by compulsion.

The same thing an Ogbia man told me.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by ajl: 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
Sergio104:
cool

IGBOS Will help Bayelsa ijaw alone secede from Nigeria.
IGBO nation does not end in south east..,....some were carved to Rivers state, Delta, Benue and Co.

So ijaw trying to help their ass here means they want to fullfil thier rubbish mantra of "Dot nation".

When your enemy tries to help you........ Know that something is fishy.

if Ijaw people really wanna help Igbo people, let them be voracious with us in our quest for REFERENDUM........not unnecessary help to mock us.
Normal level.
outta here!!!.

But you are claiming them and their geographical territory even though they do not want to be part of Biafra. Culturally and historically, Igbos and Ijaws are not the same. They are two distinct ethnic groups. It's like Yoruba wanting to claim Edo/Benin people or even Itsekiri people and their territory.
Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by LILTJAY: 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2022
geemd434:

Shut up your mouth. Yoruba slave. All of a sudden all Yorubas have become fan of apc even though Pmb is probably the worst president ever. Tinubu is a slave to the north. How many times has he visited any Yoruba state or contribute to the Yoruba people. You and your people are the nonsense...
tell me your tribe let me send stray bullet to wipe it off
Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Liebermantic: 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2022
Only the illiterate IPOB members are attaching Ogogoro Ijaw people and inconsequential minorities of South South to Biafra nation..Let Biafra be for Igbo-speaking part of South South, South East and Middle Belt..I don't want Ijaw ..Go and read the way European explorers labeled Ijaw people..They have nothing to contribute to the economic growth of Biafra..Let us present our MAP devoid of Ijaw groups..What Natural resources does Ijaw have that Igbo-speaking part of Nigeria don't have?
Attaching Ijaw in Biafra is making them look relevant.. Besides, I hate IPOB and the Biafra struggle they are pursuing.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Liebermantic: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2022
The problem of Igbo people is worsened by IPOB members..Stop attaching Minorities in Biafra to avoid creating another Nigeria.
Average Ijaw man drinks Ogogoro from morning till night..What are we to benefit from a union with Ijaw?

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by gidgiddy: 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2022
Igboid:

Your ways play into Nigerian hands.
Rather than work in Uniting all Igbos from Bonny/Opobo to Benue (Ezza and Izzi in Benue state) together.
You lots are lost in the stupid Multiethnic BIAFRA with Igbophobic minorities, and are ending up losing Igbos outside SE, as they now see us as a people without clue!

Make Biafra a strictly Igbo speaking affair, get involved in SE politics and elect credible leaders, unite Igbos across SE and SS, be aggressive in clamping down any minorities encroaching into Igbo territories. Grow in Nigeria and in future when you want Biafra, you can take it without lifting a muscle.

Simple task any serious organization would undertake but brainless people in IPOB wouldn't understand.

Who did it favor that MASSOB scuttled Census on SE in 2006 and had since left us undercounted and now 3rd behind Yorubas?

Who is it going to favor that we have least registered voters in Nigeria and will as a result have no Political bargaining power in upcoming general elections?

I can see that you brainless dolts are being sponsored by our enemies to finish us kpatakpata!
You constantly work with our enemies to have us humiliated, ridiculed and marginalized, so that you will be able to keep your message of "they are marginalizing us" alive and be able to scam people with "we need BIAFRA as alternative" message?
Are you lots not wicked against your own like this?

It will not work for you guys. Your days are numbered if you continue like this.

Unfortunately, a lot of people dont believe in this method, including me

But dont worry, Nigeria is heading for the rocks anyway

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria by Denoh68: 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2022
WHO BE THIS ONE, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IJAWS ARE
goaldynboy:

It is obvious you are a Fulani imposter claiming to be an Ijaw person!

A real Ijaw man will not make the noise you are making in this thread!

Ijaws are cool with Igbos!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Didn't Slap Me-- Justice Adeyeye / Buhari Addressed The Issue Of ‘first 100 Days In Office In UK / Boko Haram Overtakes ISIS As World’s Deadliest Terror Organisation-IndependentUK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.