Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,591 members, 7,975,312 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:46 PM

NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach (21530 Views)

EPL: How Ronaldo Blocked Man Utd From Appointing Conte As New Manager / Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach / NFF Considers Amuneke, Salisu Options For Rohr’s Assistant Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by andyanders: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2022
No to foriegn coach. Eguavone should be the coach. God bless him. We have never been united in this country for long. Only football has brought joy to us.

Our leaders are a cursed beings to this nation.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by robosky02(m): 6:55am On Jan 22, 2022
paulolee:

I swear, very confused..the same pinnick dt said he doesn't want a local coach o, it seems dey are forced to bow to pressure from the good works of eguaveon..
I see another change of scripts if mr eguavoen isnt dt lucky enough to win the AFCON..
we go hear another excuse why dm go gv dt mourinho guy d job..

The problem is they are always in a hurry to make pronouncement and decisions that later hunts them

After the sack of Rohr

And the announcement of eguavoen as interim they should have allowed the AFCOn to be over before Passero

Now Passero was brought to Cameroon waiting for eguaveon to make mistake so he takes over just like what they did with keshi before the quarter finals

But Gods help Eguaveon on the spot assessment and tactics has made Pesaro to be lost elephant in the Cameroonian Forest
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by IzzyAgu: 7:01am On Jan 22, 2022
According to Amaju Pinnick's interview on Eguaveon's interim appointment. He said " Eguaveon is a great guy, I have worked with for some time, Peserio is a Great Coach indeed, He was highly recommended by the Great Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho, his friend and country-man. He is the perfect fit for Rohr's position. Nigerians will come to Love him. Very good coach. "

But am surprised this is coming from the NFF now, I thought Eguaveon was a great guy and not a great Coach nah, so why the consideration after some weeks
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by robosky02(m): 7:02am On Jan 22, 2022
Are you aware that Augustine Eguavoen is now the best coach in Africa

After the group stage he was voted the best....

1 Like

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 22, 2022
patriotic007:
SE will beat Tunisia on Sunday and I am so sure about it as these are my reasons
1) SE is the only team in the Afcon that has not conceded a goal from open play while Tunisia has conceded 2 goals from open play.
2) SE has scored against all it's opponents so far in the Afcon while Tunisia has scored against only one opponent which is poor Mauritius.
3) SE is playing on its home turf in Garouha because they have played all their games there and the home fans are behind them unlike Tunisia.
4) SE has scored first in all the matches they have played so far and Tunisia has not conceded first and won the same game in this Afcon so far.
5) SE plays the best Brand of football in the Afcon with a very devastating counter attack while Tunisia plays possessive football that in very vonulrable to counter attacks.
6) SE has the compliment of their full squad while Tunisia has alot of absentees for the game due to Corona virus.
7) SE has beaten a North African team already in this Afcon while Tunisia has been beaten by 2 west African countries already in this Afcon.
You see it will take a very big miracle for Tunisia to spring an upset on Sunday except SE experience a very drastic and unexplainable lose of form within this few days to the match......... Tunisia does not stand a chance against SE and you can take my word to the bank.

This is how to back up a claim by stating your views in a logical and coherent manner and you did exactly so.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Roski1(m): 7:13am On Jan 22, 2022
techmo:
Egouvean is more hungry for success than oyinbo coaches, he just wants to proof himself to his country once more

First and foremost we should give credit to the players for their performance because they are the ones doing the job. Secondly we should credit Rohr for assembling the team. Personally, I think the only area that helped Eguaveon is the guts he displayed by benching some regulars like Iwobi, Musa, who are not on form. However, we should allow the man to concentrate on his job. He has only played 3 games and has 4 more to win the trophy.

If we remember his performances in other coaching roles he has handled, then we know that it's too early to start hyping him. We should also not forget that JJ Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo and some other ex-internatiinals were drafted in interim capacity to assist Eguaveon. They also deserve credit.

Finally, there has not been complaints from the players about non payment of bonuses. We all know that it's a very big MORALE booster. Probably its the reason for their dedication this time around, thus Pinnick deserved credit.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Grandmaster2022: 7:15am On Jan 22, 2022
For me eguavon has not done much.its just too early to rate him.

1 Like

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by IzzyAgu: 7:16am On Jan 22, 2022
robosky02:
Are you aware that Augustine Eguavoen is now the best coach in Africa

After the group stage he was voted the best....

Bring on Pep and Mourinho.
My Coach, Cerezo go flop them.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by PaNnamdi: 7:21am On Jan 22, 2022
patriotic007:
SE will beat Tunisia on Sunday and I am so sure about it as these are my reasons
1) SE is the only team in the Afcon that has not conceded a goal from open play while Tunisia has conceded 2 goals from open play.
2) SE has scored against all it's opponents so far in the Afcon while Tunisia has scored against only one opponent which is poor Mauritius.
3) SE is playing on its home turf in Garouha because they have played all their games there and the home fans are behind them unlike Tunisia.
4) SE has scored first in all the matches they have played so far and Tunisia has not conceded first and won the same game in this Afcon so far.
5) SE plays the best Brand of football in the Afcon with a very devastating counter attack while Tunisia plays possessive football that in very vonulrable to counter attacks.
6) SE has the compliment of their full squad while Tunisia has alot of absentees for the game due to Corona virus.
7) SE has beaten a North African team already in this Afcon while Tunisia has been beaten by 2 west African countries already in this Afcon.
You see it will take a very big miracle for Tunisia to spring an upset on Sunday except SE experience a very drastic and unexplainable lose of form within this few days to the match......... Tunisia does not stand a chance against SE and you can take my word to the bank.
Monkey

Now go back to where u came from.
Humans are on this thread please
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by PaNnamdi: 7:24am On Jan 22, 2022
na2016:

If I call you fool now, they will say I have abused someone. Do you know what they call negligible? Have you placed that 1 success with how many times Nigeria has gone to that tournament with Indigenous coaches and never won? Don't be foolish!
Shey dem guarantee that Nigeria must always win all Afcon tournament and other competing countries would allow Nigeria to win as they like?
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by PaNnamdi: 7:25am On Jan 22, 2022
post=109581503:

What the people want is what will prevail at last.

UP AUGUSTINE

UP SUPER EAGLES OF NIGERIA.

UP NIGERIA
Nairaland bot cool
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 22, 2022
paulolee:

I swear, very confused..the same pinnick dt said he doesn't want a local coach o, it seems dey are forced to bow to pressure from the good works of eguaveon..
yeah boss y won't they I strongly criticize the appointment of a successor even when the interim manager have not presided a game, now they are regretting it and they best thing they could do is find sooth saying words to ridicule us all, with due respect, they are incompetent
paulolee:

I see another change of scripts if mr eguavoen isnt dt lucky enough to win the AFCON..
we go hear another excuse why dm go gv dt mourinho guy d job..
Exactly, I don't think they are competent enough to handle that position hence, they claim they know what they are doing whereas they don't na breeze they blow dem up and down depending on the kind of vibe they get
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by tiger28: 7:28am On Jan 22, 2022
If the the eagles lose JUST the next match, you will hear these Idiots praising their selsction of the European Coach and now degrading Eguavon's coaching capabilities........EVERYBODY wants to be associating with you when you are winning. This goes for all Nigerians as well NOT just NFF.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by lexy2014: 7:28am On Jan 22, 2022
Enoch3721:
NFF are Confused

Very confused. They are clowns
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by arantess: 7:30am On Jan 22, 2022
Enoch3721:
NFF are Confused
Agreed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by yinkeys(m): 7:32am On Jan 22, 2022
hardeygates:
If dis man payment regular
Then it will surely work

Plus mk Dem give am freedom to make his picks
They should give him the same contract package they gave Rohr
Don’t know why we don’t always value our own
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by helinues: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2022
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by ignis: 7:51am On Jan 22, 2022
But if it's oyibo, they won't consider.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by TwistDThinking(m): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2022
Let's not get ahead of ourselves there are still better teams with better game than us in this tornament. Let's see what he can do in this tornament win or lose fine but still appoint someone that can upgrade our game to world cup standards cus all this goal chances that are being missed they not going to be treat as light during the world cup at all plus I still rate their passing game as 4 out of 10. We need those passes to connect and not be losing ball just anyhow. Let's just watch and see tho
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by wealthpreach(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2022
na2016:

If I call you fool now, they will say I have abused someone. Do you know what they call negligible? Have you placed that 1 success with how many times Nigeria has gone to that tournament with Indigenous coaches and never won? Don't be foolish!
Football and it's tactics has evolved. it's not about foreign or indigenous coaches, it's all about strategy.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Chukwudi4naija(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2022
I bet you that once Augustine fully takes over, the performance of the team will be catastrophic. I am not a prophet of doom , but I have the knowledge of the ill-behaviour of local managers. With time the team will become their personal business.

It is even likely Sodiq is his last minute benefit, as Victor Osimen couldn't make it. He would have had full team handed over to him and would have only earned his regular salary and bonuses.

Our local managers are good when they are unbiased, but lack patience, as they are always afflicted with get-rich-quick syndrome as soon as given full responsibility. They are just like our politicians who are very good during campaign, but become a disaster when elected.

I prefer local managers given that it's cost effective and the fact that NFF has of recent times employed below average foreign managers, but our local ones need to be selfless and put public interest above their personal aggrandizement. They are also subceptible to control by big guns in the country for fear of losing their jobs and juices therein.

1 Like

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Brian47(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2022
How you no go hire this man?
Give him a chance biko.

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by putin2: 8:37am On Jan 22, 2022
This is to final kill Nigeria football again, for year we are suffering their mess.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Chidex50(m): 8:57am On Jan 22, 2022
hardeygates:
If dis man payment regular
Then it will surely work

Plus mk Dem give am freedom to make his picks

The last statement is the main thing.Imagine them using connections to fill the pitch to the brim using the likes of Umar Sadiq.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by rolams(m): 9:14am On Jan 22, 2022
Confusion everywhere
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by kepler(m): 9:17am On Jan 22, 2022
They should give the foreign coach another job like talent scouts or fitness trainer because no vacancy with this kind of Guardiola skills that Eguavon is displaying
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by aribisala0(m): 9:19am On Jan 22, 2022
If they appoint him they should pay him same as Rohr or more
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 22, 2022
patriotic007:

What if their players come fully prepared especially as they know they're playing against super eagles, they might be heavily drilled by their coach o and under a lot of pressure too, just saying
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by amazingspiderma: 9:30am On Jan 22, 2022
Enoch3721:
NFF are Confused

Very unserious set of individuals. Why trying to confuse the interim coach. Allow him focus on the job at hand.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Falcons Players Stuck In An Elevator (Video, Photos) / 2019 Ballon D ‘or: Chukwuze Nominated For Best U-21 Player Award / Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.