Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,591 members, 7,975,312 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:46 PM

NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach (21530 Views)

EPL: How Ronaldo Blocked Man Utd From Appointing Conte As New Manager / Eguavoen Ready To Become Permanent Super Eagles Coach / NFF Considers Amuneke, Salisu Options For Rohr’s Assistant Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by sterlingD(m): 9:34am On Jan 22, 2022
Abeg make them wait make tournament finish first.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by IbileIfe: 9:38am On Jan 22, 2022
He has proved that he is capable of being the right coach for the national football team of NIgeria going forward.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 22, 2022
amazingspiderma:

Very unserious set of individuals. Why trying to confuse the interim coach. Allow him focus on the job at hand.
abi ooo I tire ooo they are just killing his vibe
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 22, 2022
arantess:
Agreed
100%
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Slimwhyt(m): 9:59am On Jan 22, 2022
They should do that ASAP
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by na2016: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2022
wealthpreach:

Football and it's tactics has evolved. it's not about foreign or indigenous coaches, it's all about strategy.

Na this same you will come here and cry when you are beaten in a few weeks time.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Maobichek: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2022
paulolee:
so why make him an interim n why announce paseiro as the chosen man to coach d eagles if they ain't sure?
the same pinick dt said he doesn't want a local coach o, or he is scared of the disaster ahead if he goes ahead n gv the white man dt job after seeing the good works of eguaveon n the white man ends up failing like it happened to largerback, this time both pinnick n his foreign coach would be sacked.
a normal thinking country would avoid given this eguavon the job weather he wins AFCON or not bcox the change is glaring n its more safer than going for the "so called angel" we don't even know..

That's a good opinion but if Nigeria fail to win the AFCON in Cameron, Nigerians will still call for Eguavon head, Nigerians don't have patience and are highly unpredictable, God help Eguavon oh!
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Maobichek: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2022
na2016:

It will not work. The hype in the media seems to be preplanned to make way for Eguavoen. I have watched this man's team in 2005/2006 and I must say, it will be the same thing. What people have refused to see is that Afcon was even expanded and that means u will have weaker teams. Data has shown that Nigerian has always played her best football under foreign coaches - from golden 1994 to the 1998 team, even 1980 was coached by a Brazilian.

Only God will help Eguavon because if he is signed on permenant basis and fumbles at the world cup, those supporting him now would still tell us that he is not in the class of Mancini, Mourinho and other European coaches.

1 Like

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Omodua(m): 10:22am On Jan 22, 2022
patriotic007:
SE will beat Tunisia on Sunday and I am so sure about it as these are my reasons
1) SE is the only team in the Afcon that has not conceded a goal from open play while Tunisia has conceded 2 goals from open play.
2) SE has scored against all it's opponents so far in the Afcon while Tunisia has scored against only one opponent which is poor Mauritius.
3) SE is playing on its home turf in Garouha because they have played all their games there and the home fans are behind them unlike Tunisia.
4) SE has scored first in all the matches they have played so far and Tunisia has not conceded first and won the same game in this Afcon so far.
5) SE plays the best Brand of football in the Afcon with a very devastating counter attack while Tunisia plays possessive football that in very vonulrable to counter attacks.
6) SE has the compliment of their full squad while Tunisia has alot of absentees for the game due to Corona virus.
7) SE has beaten a North African team already in this Afcon while Tunisia has been beaten by 2 west African countries already in this Afcon.
You see it will take a very big miracle for Tunisia to spring an upset on Sunday except SE experience a very drastic and unexplainable lose of form within this few days to the match......... Tunisia does not stand a chance against SE and you can take my word to the bank.
Good analysis. You're correct.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Omodua(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2022
na2016:

It will not work. The hype in the media seems to be preplanned to make way for Eguavoen. I have watched this man's team in 2005/2006 and I must say, it will be the same thing. What people have refused to see is that Afcon was even expanded and that means u will have weaker teams. Data has shown that Nigerian has always played her best football under foreign coaches - from golden 1994 to the 1998 team, even 1980 was coached by a Brazilian.
You're conservative. Foreigners are better than Nigerians even when the Nigerian is doing well and better?
Sad,you don't believe in yourself.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by JOemmy(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2022
na2016:

No foriegn coach have ever won the world cup nigeria should stick to their local coaches until they get it right.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by aribisala0(m): 10:33am On Jan 22, 2022
patriotic007:
SE will beat Tunisia on Sunday and I am so sure about it as these are my reasons
1) SE is the only team in the Afcon that has not conceded a goal from open play while Tunisia has conceded 2 goals from open play.
2) SE has scored against all it's opponents so far in the Afcon while Tunisia has scored against only one opponent which is poor Mauritius.
3) SE is playing on its home turf in Garouha because they have played all their games there and the home fans are behind them unlike Tunisia.
4) SE has scored first in all the matches they have played so far and Tunisia has not conceded first and won the same game in this Afcon so far.
5) SE plays the best Brand of football in the Afcon with a very devastating counter attack while Tunisia plays possessive football that in very vonulrable to counter attacks.
6) SE has the compliment of their full squad while Tunisia has alot of absentees for the game due to Corona virus.
7) SE has beaten a North African team already in this Afcon while Tunisia has been beaten by 2 west African countries already in this Afcon.
You see it will take a very big miracle for Tunisia to spring an upset on Sunday except SE experience a very drastic and unexplainable lose of form within this few days to the match......... Tunisia does not stand a chance against SE and you can take my word to the bank.

All this analysis does not come into the knockout stage
All teams in the knockout stage are strong teams
The competition is a marathon and some teams get better as the tournament progresses
When we won the Olympic gold medal in 1996. We lost to Brazil in the group stage and got better as the tournament progressed

That we play best "brand of football" has no meaning. That is just a biassed opinion
Everybody's mothers cooking is the best

You are only as good as the opposition you face.
Beating Sudan and Guinea Bissau is no big deal.
Cameroon, Ivory Coast are very strong and if we face them it is 50:50
Is Nigeria not vulnerable to counter attacks? We were lucky to beat Egypt and there is no guarantee we will beat them if we meet again
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by sirtuler(m): 10:38am On Jan 22, 2022
They should appoint Equavon and make sure his salary is been paid regularly.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Teeboi56: 10:43am On Jan 22, 2022
If he reach semi final we should apply him has head coach
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Osilama1: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2022
dannypaul:

He currently has that on his CV. Coached the team prior to now. Peradventure he wins the tournament, he should step down honourably and continue his role as technical director.

Better when the ovation is loudest!!
he was interim Coach this time he ll be substantive Coach... Stepping down isn't ideal... Eguavon would relish the opportunity to Coach super eagles full time
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by na2016: 11:34am On Jan 22, 2022
JOemmy:

No foriegn coach have ever won the world cup nigeria should stick to their local coaches until they get it right.

A balanced view is always better. Can you compare our level of football development with those countries? England where football originated, at a point, went for foreign coaches. Nigeria should use foreign good coaches and achieve great things. I don't know how old you are but let me tell you that there is a time Nigeria gave most of the indigenous coaches chance but they couldn't achieve much except for Late Stephen Keshi who won the AFCON. Note that even late Keshi had so much experience/international exposure with the Togolese national team before the NFF gave him a chance. Someone may also mention the late Amodu Shoiba. Aside from the World cup qualifier that he helped the team achieve, when he was given a full chance, Nigeria played mediocre football.
If you want to understand more of what I am saying, go and watch highlights of Nigeria at AFCON 1994, USA 1994, Atlanta 96, and Nigeria under Philip Troussier.

Let me add that, with the way Nigeria works, the sudden hype on the media space may probably have been created to make a case for Equavoen.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by JOemmy(m): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
na2016:

A balanced view is always better. Can you compare our level of football development with those countries? England where football originated, at a point, went for foreign coaches. Nigeria should use foreign good coaches and achieve great things. I don't know how old you are but let me tell you that there is a time Nigeria gave most of the indigenous coaches chance but they couldn't achieve much except for Late Stephen Keshi who won the AFCON. Note that even late Keshi had so much experience/international exposure with the Togolese national team before the NFF gave him a chance. Someone may also mention the late Amodu Shoiba. Aside from the World cup qualifier that he helped the team achieve, when he was given a full chance, Nigeria played mediocre football.
If you want to understand more of what I am saying, go and watch highlights of Nigeria at AFCON 1994, USA 1994, Atlanta 96, and Nigeria under Philip Troussier.

Let me add that, with the way Nigeria works, the sudden hype on the media space may probably have been created to make a case for Equavoen.

There is always a room for growth nigeria have come of age in football if other countries can hire our coaches for their national teams and clubs why can't nigeria also believe in their own? Many of the coaches who came to nigeria in the early years of nigeria's football development didn't even have any reputation or achievements in their various countries before coming here to experiment with our national teams we need to stop feeling inferior to the white man the nff can sponsor nigerian local coaches for training in the best coaching schools in the world if they are really serious about football development in nigeria.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by na2016: 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
JOemmy:

There is always a room for growth nigeria have come of age in football if other countries can hire our coaches for their national teams and clubs why can't nigeria also believe in their own? Many of the coaches who came to nigeria in the early years of nigeria's football development didn't even have any reputation or achievements in their various countries before coming here to experiment with our national teams we need to stop feeling inferior to the white man the nff can sponsor nigerian local coaches for training in the best coaching schools in the world if they are really serious about football development in nigeria.

It is not about feeling inferior. Bora was a top coach when he joined our national team. Some of those coaches, I mentioned were probably doing fine in their countries before joining us.
A key issue with Nigerian coaches is that they are always easily influenced. Tell me what Umar Sadiq is doing in this present team? If we play Ivory coast or Mali, what can that particular guy do in the team?
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by JOemmy(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
na2016:

It is not about feeling inferior. Bora was a top coach when he joined our national team. Some of those coaches, I mentioned were probably doing fine in their countries before joining us.
A key issue with Nigerian coaches is that they are always easily influenced. Tell me what Umar Sadiq is doing in this present team? If we play Ivory coast or Mali, what can that particular guy do in the team?

Sadiq is rated high in spain go and do ur research about him he needs more time to blend into the se team.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by princewarri1985: 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2022
robosky02:
NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach

https://www.completesports.com/nff-considers-appointing-eguavoen-permanent-super-eagles-coach/
Why are they even still consildering it? Useless country
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by na2016: 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
JOemmy:

Sadiq is rated high in spain go and do ur research about him he needs more time to blend into the se team.

What club is he playing for in Spain? Is UD Almeria in laliga or laliiga 2? What do you call rated high? Let me tell you, there was a time that the Nigerian team was made up of high flyers in A leagues in Europe and other continents. Go and watch Nigeria in USA 1994 and Atlanta 96, this current team doesn't match that team anywhere.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Abdul9lawal(m): 2:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
He is getting better game after game.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Belawy(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
How about the Oyinbo wey they appointed
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by wealthpreach(m): 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2022
na2016:

Na this same you will come here and cry when you are beaten in a few weeks time.

Even if we lose... That's football. Who wins forever? Even Algeria couldn't qualify from their group.
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
patriotic007:
Nice compilations...
Good points.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Hiq0: 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
Wait till he atleast reached third place
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Icon79(m): 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
It’s way too early to start talking about giving the job permanently to Eguaveon. He really hasn’t won anything yet. The 3 games we won were to be expected. Let him win the cup first before we start talking about upgrading his status.

O pari
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by seyz91(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
cheesy
paulolee:

I swear, very confused..the same pinnick dt said he doesn't want a local coach o, it seems dey are forced to bow to pressure from the good works of eguaveon..
I see another change of scripts if mr eguavoen isnt dt lucky enough to win the AFCON..
we go hear another excuse why dm go gv dt mourinho guy d job..
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by seyz91(m): 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
You smart!
dannypaul:
These are unnecessary distractions honestly

If I was to be Eguavoen, after the tournament, I will continue my position as the technical director.

Job stability, less pressure, zero worries

1 Like

Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Panda7: 1:07am On Jan 23, 2022
robosky02:

https://www.completesports.com/nff-considers-appointing-eguavoen-permanent-super-eagles-coach/

Our slow and slur football federation just like our leadership will definitely take generations to get football right smiley
Re: NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach by Buksaylor: 7:36am On Jan 23, 2022
robosky02:

That's if some of you don't go back to negotiate with Oyibo on percentage from the salary...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Falcons Players Stuck In An Elevator (Video, Photos) / 2019 Ballon D ‘or: Chukwuze Nominated For Best U-21 Player Award / Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.