Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,372 members, 7,940,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal (1399 Views)

Tinubu Sleeps Off At Gombe Emir’s Palace During Meeting (Photos, Video) / Ekweremadu Falls Ill During EFCC Grilling / Al-Mustapha: "How Abiola Was Killed, NADECO Leaders Took Money" (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by November1857(m): 9:56am On Jan 23, 2022
How Abiola fell ill during meeting with American delegation, died — Gen Abdulsalami

Former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar(retd), has said that late Moshood Abiola, MKO, winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, was not killed but died after falling ill, contrary to the popular story that Abiola took poisoned tea.

Abubakar spoke in an interview with Trust TV, noting that he smiles whenever he hears allegation that “they” killed Abiola.

He was ruler from 1998, when dictator, General Sani Abacha died, to 1999, when he handed over to democratically-elected Olusegun Obasanjo, OBJ.

In the interview, Abubakar said: “Well, I smile because there were lots of allegations here and there that we killed Abiola.

“As always, when I am talking about late Abiola, I still thank God for directing me on things to do when he gave me the leadership of this country.

“On the day Moshood Abiola passed away, may he rest in peace, two to three things make me always say I thank my God for the guidance He gave me.

“One was I received a delegation from America headed by Pickering, who was then, I think, the Secretary of State or so.

“In his team, I remember very well, was Susan Rice. I remember her very well because of the role she played later.

“So after the normal courtesy and discussion, when they were leaving my office, Pickering said: ‘Your Excellency, we made a request to see Moshood Abiola but we were denied’.

“I asked ‘Why were you denied? Who denied you?’ There and then I made a decision.

“I said ‘Look, you will see Moshood definitely, I overrule whoever said you cannot see him’.

“So I now called my chief security officer, I said ‘Please make arrangement for this team to see Abiola’.

“Now, during the incarceration of Moshood Abiola, except his personal doctor, to my knowledge, no member of his family saw him.

“So when I became Head of State, based on consultation and interaction together with Ambassador Babagana Kingibe, I gave the family a date that they could come and see him.

“So a day before he died, his family came to Abuja to see him. For one reason or the other, the whole family could not see him at the same time.

“So it was agreed that when this group of his family will see him today, tomorrow the next team will see him.

“So they saw him like yesterday. Now, this team from US came to see me and I said they could see him.

“Normally, it was in the evenings the family go and see him. So because I had authorised the American team to see him, so the other part of the family were waiting to see him.

“So, it was at this meeting when the American team was meeting Abiola he fell sick and suddenly the security officers called the medical team to come and attend to him.

“And when they saw the situation they said it was severe and they needed to take him to the medical centre.

Abiola is dead’

“So it was the medical team plus the American team that took him to the medical centre, unfortunately at the medical centre he gave up.

“Then my security chief called and said ‘I have bad news for you’. I asked what it was, he said ‘Abiola is dead’.

“I was shocked. He told me he was there with the American team. At that time I was staying in the barracks, I had not moved to the villa.

“So I said okay, let him take the American team to my house. I will meet them at the house; so I closed from the office, and went there.

“The issue now was how do I break the news to Abiola’s family and how do we tell the world Abiola had passed on.

“I must be thankful to God and again to Ambassador Kingibe because we called on him and asked him to bring Abiola’s family.

“So when they came I broke the news. As you would expect, the family broke down and they started crying.

“I can’t remember which of the ladies; I held her, she was crying, sobbing.

“It was then Susan Rice (that is why I always remember her), said: ‘Mr President, that is not your job, let me do it’’.

“So, she now held this lady until she settled down and she calmed down a little bit.

“Then we had to summon my Second-in-Command and other people and then strategised on how to break the news.

“That is why I always say I thank my God for guiding me. If I hadn’t said the American team should go and meet Abiola, certainly I don’t know how I would explain to the world that Abiola had died.

“And the American team; will they believe me that we had not killed Abiola at that time when they were requesting to see him?”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/how-abiola-fell-ill-during-meeting-with-american-delegation-died-gen-abdulsalami/

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by Truammashton: 9:57am On Jan 23, 2022
Really?
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by Odin13: 10:08am On Jan 23, 2022
Yoruba people will soon arrive with their media narratives on how Susan Rice killed Abiola and compensated Yoruba with Obasanjo President grin
Seunmg has already started selling the narrative on how north will compensate Tinubu and Yoruba in 2027 election if Tinubu loses .

Guess the then head of state was not informed or still not informed.
Except Yoruba media was informed grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by Biodun556(m): 10:40am On Jan 23, 2022
Why did you kept him detention? You are an accomplice.
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by Penguin2: 10:40am On Jan 23, 2022
CIA

1 Like

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by joe54: 10:47am On Jan 23, 2022
cry cry cry
There we have it.

His family members or the Americans or the army killed him.

But Tinubu betrayed him.

1 Like

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by DrGoodman: 10:51am On Jan 23, 2022
Fear the North.

1 Like

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by KosiGee(m): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2022
Odin13:
Yoruba people will soon arrive with their media narratives on how Susan Rice killed Abiola and compensated Yoruba with Obasanjo President grin
Seunmg has already started selling the narrative on how north will compensate Tinubu and Yoruba in 2027 election if Tinubu loses .

Nwokem mechie gi onu. Abdulsalami and co knew exactly what happened to Abiola and he should tell the world the truth. Abiola was killed. He didn’t die a natural death and it’s an insult and shameful that this man would be telling lies about Abiola’s death.

I guess he would also say that Abacha took ill suddenly and died!!..and he knew nothing about that too?

3 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by DrGoodman: 10:55am On Jan 23, 2022
KosiGee:

Nwokem mechie gi onu. Abdulsalami and co knew exactly what happened to Abiola and he should tell the world the truth. Abiola was killed. He didn’t die a natural death and it’s an insult and shameful that this man would be telling lies about Abiola’s death.

The North are running the affairs of the south west with countless manipulations.

2 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by FoolaniHellman: 10:55am On Jan 23, 2022
joe54:
cry cry cry

Rest In Jesus Name!

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by headSmasher: 10:55am On Jan 23, 2022
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by FoolaniHellman: 10:57am On Jan 23, 2022
Odin13:

Listen to yourself Akpan! You sound dumb...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by chiagozien(m): 10:59am On Jan 23, 2022
Yorubas will believe what ever hausafulanis tell them.

The same way northern soldiers killed Ironsi and Adekunle Fajuyi then come out and tell yorubas that Adekunle Fajuyi asked them to kill him too.

And yorubas agreed and start chanting yea yea he asked northerners to kill him.

So if someone kill your father as a yoruba man you be,then
the person claimed that your father asked to be killed,you go just believe it.Fear fear people that don't want to confront north over their son's death,in other not to make fulanis feel bad.

Imagine what they would have done/say if it were Eastern soldiers that did that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by ViperAda: 11:02am On Jan 23, 2022
DrGoodman:

The North are running the affairs of the south west with countless manipulations.
But the North killed Aguiyi ironsi like a worthless pig and gruesomely manipulated the lives of over 3million.

-Viper

5 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by Sergio104(m): 11:03am On Jan 23, 2022
cheesy
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by headSmasher: 11:04am On Jan 23, 2022
DrGoodman:

The north is not running the affairs of south east but Malami singlehandedly imposed hope uzodima that came distant third as your governor, the same north used your governor and Ohanaeze to proscribed lPOB as a terrorist group

2 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by BIGBANGTHEORY: 11:04am On Jan 23, 2022
His first assignment as president should hav been releasing ABIOLA in just 2 to 3 days in office. He has no reason to have held him further, this could have completely freed him from any explanation he is giving now. Enemy within could have successfully poisoned him without him been aware.
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by ViperAda: 11:05am On Jan 23, 2022
- Viper
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by DrGoodman: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
The north is not running the affairs of south east but Malami singlehandedly imposed hope uzodima that came distant third as your governor, the same north used your governor and Ohanaeze to proscribed lPOB as a terrorist group

But the yorubas has also manipulated the North seriously, remember when Osinbajo fired the DSS boss and slapped him around because Buharri travelled.

1 Like

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by DrGoodman: 11:11am On Jan 23, 2022
BIGBANGTHEORY:
His first assignment as president should hav been releasing ABIOLA in just 2 to 3 days in office

No, never. You want Abiola to deal with the fulanis?

He had to go.
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by Odin13: 11:13am On Jan 23, 2022
KosiGee:

I guess he would also say that Abacha took ill suddenly and died!!..and he knew nothing about that too?

What’s stopping you from telling the world the truth

Since you know..

Yoruba humans and noisy propaganda

2 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by Japono: 11:14am On Jan 23, 2022
Buhari is a Terrorist
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by Odin13: 11:16am On Jan 23, 2022
FoolaniHellman:

Listen to yourself Akpan! You sound dumb...

Will always sound dumb to a Yoruba being.
Tell us your narratives.. since your Yoruba propaganda don successfully brainwashed your believe ..

Idiotic humans are on the increase in today’s Nigeria..

Everyone get opinion

1 Like

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by ViperAda: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
The recent humiliation was Miyetti Allah appointing the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo. An association of cattle rearers deciding who becomes the head of the apex social cultural organization in iboland. What a shame.

-Viper

3 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by headSmasher: 11:29am On Jan 23, 2022
ViperAda:

The recent humiliation was Miyetti Allah appointing the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo. An association of cattle rearers deciding who becomes the head of the apex social cultural organization in iboland. What a shame.

-Viper
Can you imagine this effrontery

2 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by PressMyButton: 11:37am On Jan 23, 2022
chiagozien:
Yorubas will believe what ever hausafulanis tell them.

The same way northern soldiers killed Ironsi and Adekunle Fajuyi then come out and tell yorubas that Adekunle Fajuyi asked them to kill him too.

And yorubas agreed and start chanting yea yea he asked northerners to kill him.

So if someone kill your father as a yoruba man you be,then
the person claimed that your father asked to be killed,you go just believe it.Fear fear people that don't want to confront north over their son's death,in other not to make fulanis feel bad.

Imagine what they would have done/say if it were Eastern soldiers that did that.

We have told lying goats like you several times that no matter how much y'all keep lying and twisting the narratives, history would always remain ahead of you. A tribe that has no history, but only given to so much lies and fabrications so as to console themselves of their battered history and low self-esteem. Truth is anathema to an average ibo man, you are genetically wired to twist and embellish the simplest of events.

4 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by juman(m): 11:49am On Jan 23, 2022
Thunder fire you and those american delegation.
You people poisoned abiola.

Nigerian generals are liars and thieves.
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by chiagozien(m): 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
PressMyButton:

We have told lying goats like you several times that no matter how much y'all keep lying and twisting the narratives, history would always remain ahead of you. A tribe that has no history, but only given to so much lies and fabrications so as to console themselves of their battered history and low self-esteem. Truth is anathema to an average ibo man, you are genetically wired to twist and embellish the simplest of events.
Hahaha the more you people try the more una shame dey shame.

So all this contradictory stories is just cover the cowardice of your people.Because you don't want confront north.

The first story we normally hear/read from yorubas is Adekunle Fajuyi did not allowed northern soldiers to take his visitor,That he want to die with the man he is hosting.

But in this your story you claim Ironsi was hosting Adekunle,Ironsi wife was watching from window.Ironsi asked the son to go back to lagos by train.grin
grin

Again you claim that Ironsi wife saw Adekunle entering car following them.Tell me how do entering their car translate to they must kill him together ironsi.

If northerners killed Ironsi and didn't kill him,will it stop Nigeria from being Nigeria.

Cowards when asked Who killed Adekunle Fajuyi,They will tell you he asked Northerners to kill him instead of saying northern soldiersgrin grin
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by bjdon: 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
A man who had survived in detention for over 4 years, suddenly dies on the verge of being released, despite not showing any symptoms of health issues. Abubakar can lie all he wants, one day he'll meet his maker, and then there will be no lies. All must answer for their deeds on this world.
Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by PressMyButton: 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
Odin13:

Will always sound dumb to a Yoruba being.
Tell us your narratives.. since your Yoruba propaganda don successfully brainwashed your believe ..

Idiotic humans are on the increase in today’s Nigeria..

Everyone get opinion
Everybody knows an average okoro is dumb. Opinion is so cheap that even a dog has one but when it comes to logic and intelligence, Okoro is not the brightest bulb in the pack.

3 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by PressMyButton: 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
chiagozien:
Hahaha the more you people try the more una shame dey shame.

So all this contradictory stories is just cover the cowardice of your people.Because you don't want confront north.

The first story we normally hear/read from yorubas is Adekunle Fajuyi did not allowed northern soldiers to take his visitor,That he want to die with the man he is hosting.

But in this your story you claim Ironsi was hosting Adekunle,Ironsi wife was watching from window.Ironsi asked the son to go back to lagos by train

Again you claim that Ironsi wife saw Adekunle entering car following them.Tell me how do entering their car translate to they must kill him together ironsi.

If northerners killed Ironsi and didn't kill him,will it stop Nigeria from being Nigeria.

Cowards when asked Who killed Adekunle Fajuyi,They will tell you he asked Northerners to kill him instead of saying northern soldiersgrin grin
There's no need arguing with you. Let me just highlight the holes in your brain. People with much better understanding will read this and laugh at your daftness. When we say an average Okoro is dumb, we ain't lying.
If a page interview is too difficult for your brain to understand, it must have been the consequence of hawking gala under the hot sun.

2 Likes

Re: How Abiola Fell Ill During Meeting With American Delegation, Died — Gen Abdulsal by Karemarealty288(m): 12:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
See them....the topic has derailed into ethnic name calling..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalander joins The Race For Presidency, seeks 5 billion naira support / Seun Stop All Ipob News / A Northern Military Personnel Has Resigned From The Army To Support Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.