Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:26 AM

My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote (681 Views)

My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) / Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp / Dangote: My Refinery Will Be Completed By The End Of 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Omooba77: 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
Alhaji Aliko Dangote, President of Dangote Group, says the Dangote Refinery and Fertiliser projects will come on stream before the end of third quarter...

Alhaji Aliko Dangote, President of Dangote Group, says the Dangote Refinery and Fertiliser projects will come on stream before the end of third quarter of this year.

He said this when Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank (AfDB) led a delegation of the bank to the project site in Lagos.

AFCON: Buhari makes video call to Super Eagles, charges them to flyAEDC interim management accelerates reform, retires GMs

“The refinery will commence operation by the third quarter of 2022. On the mechanical completion, we are almost finished but we have started hydro testing, almost 70 per cent gone, hopefully before the end of Q3 operation will commence,” Dangote said.

Group Executive Director, Strategy, Portfolio Development & Capital Projects, Dangote Industries Limited, Devakumar Edwin, said the refinery complex, which includes a refinery, petrochemical plant, a fertiliser plant and a subsea pipeline project, is the largest single-train refinery in the world.

Edwin stated that the 650,000 barrels-per-day refinery would stimulate economic development in Nigeria.

According to him, Dangote Petroleum Refinery can meet 100 per cent of the Nigerian requirement of all liquid products (Gasoline, Diesel, Kerosene and Aviation Jet), and also have surplus of each of these products for export.

He stated that this would create a market for $11 billion per annum of Nigerian crude and foreign exchange savings/earnings $9.9 billion.

“We have impacted on job creation with 3,580 Nigerian personnel on site, excluding employment by the various contractors and subcontractors at the site,” he noted.

Commending Dangote for the initiative, the AfDB President said, “One of the things I admire the most about Alhaji Dangote is that, he actually believes in Nigeria, and he invests his money in Nigeria. He believes in Africa and invests in Africa. Nobody could invest the type of billions of dollars that is here, unless the person not only has the vision but also the commitment and passion for his country. We are extremely proud of you and of your commitment to the continent.

“I am completely blown away with what I saw here today. I can’t believe what I saw. This project will reverse the huge sum the nation spends on foreign exchange. When you look at how much we import, it is about $57 billion worth of different products and we export only about $50.4 billion, so we have to balance that with about $7 billion and talking to them here, they showed us that they can have a domestic market of about $11 billion and that is an incredible market and that will save Nigeria about $9 billion, a year from importing petroleum products. So, this is huge for Nigeria and even for Africa as a continent.”

https://dailytrust.com/my-refinery-will-kick-off-before-september-dangote

2 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Nonpartisan1: 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
Make sure you dont employ any IPOB terrorist in your organisation.

Thank you sir!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Anazp: 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by seunmsg(m): 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
We can’t wait!
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Bola146(f): 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Lagosfinder(m): 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2022
Congratulations Nigerians

It's about to go well for us on petroleum matters

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Rogersmith(m): 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2022
This is massive
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by SarkinYarki: 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
So whyvis Buhari rushing to remove subsidy?

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 23, 2022
I hope so
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by JAMO84: 8:55pm On Jan 23, 2022
When the refinery start production, we can finally get rid of subsidy
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by FreeStuffsNG: 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
Awesome!! Congratulations to you and your awesome team.
At last, subsidy on petrol importation will end.
God bless Nigeria forever.
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Ttalk: 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lagos and SW at it again. Thumb up

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Shetemi12(m): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
Dangote get money pass me but I get God pass am..

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Sergio104(m): 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nice....
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Sergio104(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ttalk:
Lagos and SW at it again. Thumb up

By a northern man right??

Unnecessary bragging.

Beat your filthy chest to ya satisfaction.

Outta here!!!.
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by leokid866: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
SarkinYarki:
So whyvis Buhari rushing to remove subsidy?
Because when the oil gets cheap it will make sense to remove government subsidies on it allowing the government to save more.....but I'm sure it won't be removed totally but rather restructured to meet current reality of the cheaper fuel price.
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Ttalk: 9:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sergio104:

By a northern man right??

Unnecessary bragging.

Beat your filthy chest to ya satisfaction.

Outta here!!!.

An African proverb says, "he who own the land own the labourer'. Don't ask me for the meaning if you still don't get it

2 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by ItooWorWor(m): 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
Good news!
It will save Nigeria a huge forex.
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Dangote board of directors has no black people in any responsible role and half the board are not even black.
It is very probable it an multinational secretly owned by globalist Caucasian neo-colonialists, which is why is refinery can never be sabotage or vandalized like government ones.
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by maybet081: 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Dangote must be ready to work with the incoming commander in chief.
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by tollyboy5(m): 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
smiley
I still dey vex 4 buhari. My running ticket chai!

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by tollyboy5(m): 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
Shetemi12:
Dangote get money pass me but I get God pass am..
Wetin bdis grin comrade

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Unibenfucker(m): 11:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sha make the naira strengthen na the koko be that sad
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by dragunov: 6:21am On Jan 24, 2022
seunmsg:
We can’t wait!

Kadoso Mutairu!

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Omooba77: 10:13am On Jan 24, 2022
dragunov:

Kadoso Mutairu!

Who is he?
Does Lalasticlala know.....
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Omooba77: 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
Have they completed the pipelines that will feed the plant......
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Spandau: 4:29am On Feb 21, 2022
Omooba77:

Who is he?
Does Lalasticlala know.....

Seunmsg
Re: My Refinery Will Kick Off Before September – Dangote by Omooba77: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2022
Spandau:

Seunmsg
Ok..

(1) (Reply)

Make 10,000 Naira Daily Without Investment / Cainiao Super Economy Global / For Your Product Marketing And Freelance Writing Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.