Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,137 members, 7,903,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:12 PM

Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? (10828 Views)

Billionaires’ Eldest Child, Jennifer,To Inherit Less Than 1% Of Their Wealth / Men In The House Can You Will Your Wealth To Your Wife? / If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by ambivert27(f): 8:13am On Jan 26, 2022
Anyhow they like make dem do am...

Though I support this in the case of a polygamous family, instead of fighting themselves over properties...."will" the goddamn thing to charity.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by LesbianBoy(m): 8:13am On Jan 26, 2022
I will leave things for my kids

Even though outside I will be forming "I will not leave anything for you guys"

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by franchasng: 8:13am On Jan 26, 2022
fastseo:
No mind ur dad he no go fit do am.
That kind of lifestyle is seen in developed world where even with little effort one can easily make it.
Where Even though u aren't putting any effort or being lazy government is there to dash you check back to back.

Not in Nigeria where if u don't know anyone, even if you have the best business ideas, best skills and u dont have long leg you are on ur own.
Op here is the honest answer to your question.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Miraclejunction(m): 8:14am On Jan 26, 2022
I know a very wealthy man back then,this man hand tight for well I'm children dey especially the boys. I'm no dey give them money for anything,their clothes dey old,Dem no dey Barb their hair,sometimes I'm no dey drop money for food but this man dey donate better money for church most Sundays...omo one day one of I'm sons pack properties for their house,go sell,carry I'm bag run. The man enter house later in the evening discover wetin I'm pikin do,come dey para,I'm vex send the remaining boys out of I'm house...
I jam one of the boys for satellite last two yrars,I'm na big boy now...I ask am whether I'm don go see I'm Papa,omo the boy hiss,tell me say nothing concern am with I'm Papa for this life again. I'm tell me say I'm Papa dey send I'm friends make them beg am,say make them come back house...

2 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by MufasaLion: 8:15am On Jan 26, 2022
tega2luv:
Personally I think what parents owe their children is education to the highest level that they can survive with, any other Is a bonus, I mean a child that has been well trained shouldn't depend on their parents wealth, if not that nigeria is a condemn nation every graduate without stress should be able to live without dependence on anyone...to Those parents like its aforementioned its their will whatever they decide its their will, what they owe u as a child is a quality education that you can survive with.

You have a valid point, but however, your logic works in a saner community, not in a place like Nigeria because things are difficult here, even for the educated ones.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by SavageResponse(m): 8:15am On Jan 26, 2022
TOTOnigga:
I know this is not the right section for this but I feel enough people should have their say in this topic, so mods please, just be understanding for we all are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator...

I'm sure we all know and have heard of legendary Chinese movie actor "Jackie chan" ?
I once read somewhere on the internet where he once said that when he dies, his money and wealth will not go to any of his children that he is going to will everything to charity so that his children can learn to make their own money in life and not be dependent on his, something like that...

I've heard my dad often say something similar too.. He normally tells us of how he trained him self through out his university days without the help of anyone and that we should not depend on his wealth because he might surprise us, that when he dies, he might sell all his properties and look for one Church to give all his money that we should go and work for our own grin (I know he is indirectly talking to me as the first son).. I'm not saying people like my father or Jackie chan are bad parents but here are my questions

Is it really necessary ? Or is it the right way to teach your children?
If you had a dad like the aforementioned, would you allow such ?

I don't blame your father for not wanting to leave you any inheritance.

With a name like TotoNigga it's clear that the only thing you know about is women grin
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by BoverLY: 8:16am On Jan 26, 2022
Everybody giving to charity now.
Soon all those 12 yrs old orphan boys will just pack their Ferrari in front charity home.

We wey help our parent acquire wealth go dey watch bike carry.
Abeg o.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by dancyn: 8:16am On Jan 26, 2022
Not bad, but we work not for ourself alone but also for generations to come. Many of the rich people you see today inherited from their parents and built upon it. If you got your money legitimately, I see no reason you shouldn't leave the money for your kids maybe scared of afterlife consequences lol. Giving some portion, say 10% to charity isn't bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by efosky1246(m): 8:18am On Jan 26, 2022
A wise man leaves an inheritance to his children's children. - Proverbs 13:22

All this fears of squandering the wealth only arises when the parents fail to do their job as parents.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by crackhouse(m): 8:22am On Jan 26, 2022
If he give it to charity I will go there and collect it back
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by joyandfaith: 8:23am On Jan 26, 2022
TOTOnigga:
I know this is not the right section for this but I feel enough people should have their say in this topic, so mods please, just be understanding for we all are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator...

I'm sure we all know and have heard of legendary Chinese movie actor "Jackie chan" ?
I once read somewhere on the internet where he once said that when he dies, his money and wealth will not go to any of his children that he is going to will everything to charity so that his children can learn to make their own money in life and not be dependent on his, something like that...

I've heard my dad often say something similar too.. He normally tells us of how he trained him self through out his university days without the help of anyone and that we should not depend on his wealth because he might surprise us, that when he dies, he might sell all his properties and look for one Church to give all his money that we should go and work for our own grin (I know he is indirectly talking to me as the first son).. I'm not saying people like my father or Jackie chan are bad parents but here are my questions

In developed nations, it is ok. In corrupt-ridden nations like Nigeria, it is stupidity. Many charity and religious organization are very corrupt.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by kunlegboye(m): 8:23am On Jan 26, 2022
Late Governor of Ondo state did that...Adekunle Ajasin,he said he had trained his children well and has that as inheritance for them so they could go and make their own money...truly his children made it in life...discipline parents may do that and I commend their courage for that...But for me the parent can look into percentage to give to the children so that they won't suffer eventually after doing that.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:24am On Jan 26, 2022
Sammy07:
sad

Well, na the man problem be that, at least I'll make 80% of my wealth to go to my children.

Life can be funny at times, what if what his thinking/planned didn't worked out?
Or his children were unable to make their own money
anything I want to give to charity will be given to charity in my life time, because I can supervise it truly get to charity, when I die, all my wealth goes to my children, everything. Nothing like charity when you die, even if my children are not serious, let them be, their things is theirs

3 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Sammy07: 8:25am On Jan 26, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
anything I want to give to charity will be given to charity in my life time, because I can supervise it truly get to charity, when I die, all my wealth goes to my children, everything. Nothing like charity when you die, even if my children are not serious, let them be, their things is theirs

Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by meeky247: 8:27am On Jan 26, 2022
Pls tell ur dad to donate to orthodox church, Anglican, Methodist etc but not this new generation churchs. Because it will go to the children of the GO or OG. He will be doing his children bad if he donates his wealth to this new generation church because am sure they will use it for private jet and to enrich themselves and not the body of christ. but OP it's better u start now to clamp up the hill so that it wont shock you. Your dad has a say in who inherits his wealth even in new Africa. Once he pen down his will nothing more. So start now to look for the black goat before night falls.
But the most painful thing he will do to his family is to donate to this new generation churchs that their OG will use the wealth to claim BIG BOY .
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by gbami(m): 8:35am On Jan 26, 2022
TOTOnigga:

I completely agree with your father.
What characters have you guys shown to prove to him that you are responsible?
If my children don't have discipline and can't buy a bicycle with their own money, for me to respect them...I will never give a kobo to them. You'll go to the best schools and learn the best skills, that's all.
No achievements of your own, no Inheritance.
If you can't make your own money, you'll squander someone else money.

Do this simple experiment...Give a Naija girl money to get something to help in her career or growth... 9/ 10 will squander it. Because it came so easy.. that's life bro.
You don't know the value of a drop of water until you fetch it yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by heniford2: 8:35am On Jan 26, 2022
Anything is possible oh in life
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Davo2080: 8:36am On Jan 26, 2022
Na you carry your children come this sinful and hard word, if you suffered while growing up and you have made it,your children is your first priority.Making money depends on God,you are lucky to make it,your children might even put more effort than you to make it,and they still remain poor.my advice, train them well,establish them,groom them to maturity financially, then you can now say they are good to go.Don't bring children to suffer in this word.Making it financially depends solely on God and not your hustle.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by dettolgel: 8:37am On Jan 26, 2022
fastseo:
No mind ur dad he no go fit do am.
That kind of lifestyle is seen in developed world where even with little effort one can easily make it.
Where Even though u aren't putting any effort or being lazy government is there to dash you check back to back.

Not in Nigeria where if u don't know anyone, even if you have the best business ideas, best skills and u dont have long leg you are on ur own.

Even in university, some lecturer will tell you " you cant have A in this course,why will you have A in it while during my days i didn't"

Rich Nigerian kids are the worst. Bro I know some many rich kids that when their dads died serious war broke out in the families unto say how them go take share money. They usually all rushed back with their own lawyers and agents and start trying to sell off something.

You hardly hear of anything like building on their father business so as to pass it on to the next generation. Never, theirs is to sell and share the money and go about to waste it.

Me I shall give my children the best opportunity I can in life but as for my wealth I will try and build a business model around it that they can run and pass to the next generation. If it is not possible I shall will it out to charity.

I believe with what they have seen around me and the level of exposure given to them they should be in a better position to make more money than I did. When I started I didn't have any of those.

1 Like

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by PeterCA1: 8:42am On Jan 26, 2022
First the best gift you can give to your children is education, equipping them with the knowledge, experience and skills the need to make wealth with. Second is living a legacy for them like good name, good connection and inheritance, you have big business empire with a strong hold to your family legacy and you are saying you want to give it charity guy think m first. I'm not saying it is bad but balance stuff for everybody

2 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by SocialJustice: 8:45am On Jan 26, 2022
TOTOnigga:

Your Jackie Chan story is probably false but if it's true, charity is the best way to transfer wealth to your kids, no taxes paid. Forget all the rubbish cjan is saying. Remember when Otedola gave Cuppy N5b yax free through charity.

Your dad is just being ignorant and you should talk to him now that he's still alive. My dad was like this too and left us virtually nothing. One of the primary reasons of making money is to hand it to the next generation. This is universal wisdom. A family without generational wealth is useless. Once a person makes money, they must try to transfer that wealth to the next generation. You must make your dad understand this and you must be responsible enough to receive the wealth, grow it and hand it to your kids.

I will be retaining all of my wealth in my family through a fund. This fund will be administered by professional fund managers. This fund will offer soft loans to my kids. Whoever has a need for money can go there to borrow without interest and must repay the loan before they can collect another.

1 Like

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Shimran(m): 8:47am On Jan 26, 2022
TOTOnigga:

It's norm if your parents are alive and kickin as they have right to their wealth.

But if they are in their last hours (about to die) and they make this decision, it isn't accepted. If they die the wealth isn't theirs now but their children.
To respect their wills, ⅓ of the total wealth is given out as they says.

....Islamic thought
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by eddynaira125: 8:50am On Jan 26, 2022
Still let your papa know say when he die, make only him bury himself

Instead of me to give my inheritance to church I better give it to Nigeria government to cover for my invaded tax
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Zedwen: 8:57am On Jan 26, 2022
They should leave some for their children not all though.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Rawtruth1: 8:57am On Jan 26, 2022
It's a good idea when you have extremely stubborn children or ungrateful son who views fighting his father to please his mother as an achievement and proof that he has grown up as a "man"

Let the ungrateful children grow up and see how hard it's to get that which they are ungrateful for
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by PotatoSalad(m): 8:59am On Jan 26, 2022
I'd rather make my own money than depend on daddy's money. It commands respect.
If he's gone tomorrow, the inheritance will only be a bonus.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by HRprof: 9:00am On Jan 26, 2022
TOTOnigga:

This can only happen if your parents do not see you as a responsible son, he is indirectly telling you to stop being lazy and start using your money sense. Is so annoying to see some guys relying on their parents wealth. Your parents will respect you more if you are a hustling type respective of their wealth

2 Likes

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 26, 2022
Everyone should follow their instincts
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by jaxxy(m): 9:05am On Jan 26, 2022
TOTOnigga:

They are trying to build responsibile children which I support 100% bt I don’t think they should/would give it all to charity.

I believe kids should inherit success just like they inherit failures of the parents bt they must teach them the values of success also or they have failed to pass on what’s more important than material wealth.

U must also inherit sense.

1 Like

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by TheOmoney(m): 9:05am On Jan 26, 2022
That's only possible either due to foolishness of the parents or as a payback for the child's stubbornness.
Like the person above said.....Jackie Chan has been in loggerhead with his daughter who he despises for being the most famous ASIAN LESBIAN and front runner in the LGBTQ race.

The actual essence of hustling is for your children never to pass through hard life like you did and to live a better life while you're gone... giving all away calls for a serious discussion between parent and children.
It's not normal at all.

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Pimine: 9:42am On Jan 26, 2022
Aswearugaaad

Proverbs 13:22: A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children...

That's all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Beat Up Her Son For Writing This On A Book. Is It Right(pic) / What Are The Procedures And Processes For Adopting A Child / Widows In Nigeria Explain How They Cope With Sexual Urges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.