Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,671 members, 7,968,934 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:28 PM

Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? (10908 Views)

Billionaires’ Eldest Child, Jennifer,To Inherit Less Than 1% Of Their Wealth / Men In The House Can You Will Your Wealth To Your Wife? / If You Discover Your Parents Willed Their Wealth To Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by JackWolfskin: 2:58pm On Jan 26, 2022
smiley
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by HBB1(m): 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2022
How can an Adult be waiting for inheritance.

A grown-ass adult, hoping on hand me downs from his Parents.

It's a shame really.
18 year olds abroad are already paying rent, sometimes in their parents' houses.

How many Children of rich Parents do as well or even better than their Parents?

Very few!

Most of them never touch the surface of their potential, as life is too easy for them.

A man works hard builds a company or acquires wealth, his children end up frittering it away.

They kill his companies and waste the sweat of several men who helped build the business.

Several men who had families.
Families who had to deal with the absense of that Parent...

It is a big cycle and long chain.

Where are the children of the wealthy Nigerians of the 80s and 90s?

Where are the businesses.

The wealthy in the West have seen this pattern and are putting fail-safes in place.

After the Man dies, a board oversees the business, and whoever is fittest, heads the company.

Does not have to be family.

Whoever is qualified!

A business is a living entity.
Wealth is too.
It lives on the breath, sweat and blood of those who built it.

If put in the wrong hands, it will be killed.

The labour of these people being wastes in the process.

If my kids are waiting for me to die, to claim inheritance, means I have raised failures.

It also means they don't need it anyway.

It is only a child that has made something of his life that should be handed an inheritance.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by nextstep(m): 4:51pm On Jan 26, 2022
But your parents already gave you a lot of their wealth: you live well, got a good education, didn't have to hawk in the streets, 3 square meals and some snacks, the occasional outing, good health services, and you saw a side of life many don't ever get to experience.

That's enough. Use the benefits of all the time and money they spent on you to gather your own wealth. You have been given a great advantage over many. You likely have a good network of people through your parents. What else again?

I think it's a great idea for parents to reinforce in their children the need to work hard on their own. Otherwise you end up with many (not all), but many children of wealth who are a nuisance to themselves and everyone else.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by coolclarke(m): 5:13pm On Jan 26, 2022
The Bible says good parents leave inheritance for their children!

1 Like

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2022
jamaicabakare:
About your dad...@OP you better go open a charity NGO...make you dey use dat one cash out from am. grin grin grin
Chai you are a kiriminal minded person grin grin
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
nonny1212:
Sometimes the best money is your money. No better satisfaction than being solely responsible for yourself.

Your parents inheritance is just a plus.

Your own money makes you feel like a BOSS, you gerrit?
Apt.
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by fastseo: 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
ivolt:

How is getting hand out from government the same as making it?
The lifestyle of dependency is what you envy?

More than 70% of these people who you claim easily make it don't have meaningful savings
while about 80% of them are in debt.

An average financially stable American has gone through grinding hard and brain work.
I dont know how you cooked up those figures, please show me sources?

Do you know that only 2% Nigerians owns over 90% of bank deposits?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/2-nigerians-90-bank-deposits-ndic/amp/

Vs America
The total number of millionaires in the US is 20.27 million.
There are 788 billionaires

https://spendmenot.com/blog/what-percentage-of-americans-are-millionaires/

Do you think if Facebook, amazon founders, Bill Gates etc are in Nigeria they will attain such fit?

There is what they call friendly business environment (security, power, electricity, good road network, friendly tax system for businesses.. 'in US those who are top business owners are not burden with tax cos their business is already solving problems... Google this)

Nigeria lack all this for now

Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by Anndrew(m): 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2022
Miraclejunction:
I know a very wealthy man back then,this man hand tight for well I'm children dey especially the boys. I'm no dey give them money for anything,their clothes dey old,Dem no dey Barb their hair,sometimes I'm no dey drop money for food but this man dey donate better money for church most Sundays...omo one day one of I'm sons pack properties for their house,go sell,carry I'm bag run. The man enter house later in the evening discover wetin I'm pikin do,come dey para,I'm vex send the remaining boys out of I'm house...
I jam one of the boys for satellite last two yrars,I'm na big boy now...I ask am whether I'm don go see I'm Papa,omo the boy hiss,tell me say nothing concern am with I'm Papa for this life again. I'm tell me say I'm Papa dey send I'm friends make them beg am,say make them come back house...
kudos to the guys..the papa na bastard..what a useless man..why him dey beg them,make him go beg the church people him dey donate money for nah...u get money,dey suffer ur children,dey do charity for church..awon charity donator..of what use is the wealth,but can't better ur family..make them plank am 2 by 2..this kind of people inritate me..bastardly animal
Re: Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? by gforce5: 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
I laugh at any one who believes the likes of Jackie Chan, Bill Gates and other motivational speakers. Their children will have something. These men aren't fools. Even their names alone open doors for their children. Also bear in mind that these people live in developed societies with well structured social services. Rich people in developing countries cannot do that as there is no structure in place to help them.

Let me tell you this. Generational wealth is pivotal to the success of most "advanced societies". In America, there's a huge racial disparity between whites and people of colour (especially blacks) because of generational wealth. The white middle class have access to quality education and job because of generational wealth (also due to racism). The upper class and middle class of most societies are formed from years of successful family planning.

Most of the billionaires you see today came from old money. Even Bill Gates father was a wealthy lawyer. Warren Buffet's father was a wealthy stockbroker. The former U.S. President came from wealth. The richest man in Nigeria comes from old money and would not be where he is today if not for the loan he obtained from his uncle.

Giving your children quality education is not enough. There are too many graduates roaming about the streets. In a country where getting a job is about connections, generational wealth has never been more important.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ovulation And Pregnancy / Health Benefit Of Quail Egg And Quail Meat. Gracious Seed Farm . / Is Marriage Now Old-fashioned?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.