Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,183 members, 7,884,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:29 AM

Ordinary Lives - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ordinary Lives (311 Views)

Dear Son,thou Art' More Than Ordinary!* / BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story / Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ordinary Lives by Jayswords(f): 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
I think there's something profoundly deep in the ordinary life. Our generation has gotten so used to the glitz and glam, the multimillionaire by 30, the model- like, rail-thin beauty that we forget that those are anomalies, so to speak.

For me, I've always hated the notion of the ordinary life. To me, it meant being born, going to school, graduating, getting married,have kids, maybe get a car and a house, and then die. I hated that life. I didn't want any part of it. I loved glam.

But the thing about the normal life is the story in it. A normal life would be boring, except that there are beautiful stories woven through all the milestones between birth and death, between individuals - a man, his wife and their kids, between friends and enemies, between communities both online and offline.

Connections are made. People hate. People love. People gain. People lose.

This push-and-pull of individuals is what puts the "extra" in "ordinary". Whether you're rich or poor, black or white, heck, whether you're even aware of it or not, we are all threads that continue this fabric of life, stretching from ages long forgotten to generations yet to come.

So no, there are no ordinary lives.

(1) (Reply)

Little Little••• / A Once In A Life Time Love / Copywriting Expert And Content Creator.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.