Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,499 members, 7,904,907 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:24 PM

Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London (11931 Views)

Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / Welcome To Anambra State Thread:the Light Of The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
I live in the Mid cities of DFW now and my light bills in a rented apt, Reliant energy averages like $50
Re: Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London by chidexy(m): 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2011
I think Europeans (and all living in Europe, ditto America) are more conscientious consumer of electricity and energy in general. Cost most times is not the determining factor, but the need to use resources in a more (environmentally) sustainable manner.

I pay 50 Euros monthly for my electricity bill, but at the end of the year, when the bill for the actual consumed electricity is sent by the electricity company, either pay some more money or get something refunded and my monthly payments for the next year adjusted accordingly.

Besides, nobody wants to pay more to these gigantic over-bloated energy monopolies. In Germany it is not out of place for people to light candle and turn out the lights - after all it's more romantic
Re: Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London by EuroMeko(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2011
dayokanu:

I live in the Mid cities of DFW now and my light bills in a rented apt, Reliant energy averages like $50

I lived in Grapevine too.

Do you go to Kemi's Kitchen?
Re: Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London by Kunbee: 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2011
r231:

^^^^notice what cheesy grin

Turn off the lights thing undecided
Re: Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London by chimaike: 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2011
debest1:

At the end of the day it's his house and he needs to manage his resources as best as he can. Come month end are you going to help him pay his bills? if you are not happy with his "pana pana" tactics them next time visit him during the daytime.

Guy abeg no kill me with laugh
Re: Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London by tpia5: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
@ original post

either visit during the daytime or people could try solar powered lights i guess.
Re: Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London by paris10: 2:50am On Jul 13, 2011
tpia@:

@ original post

either[b] visit during the daytime[/b] or people could try solar powered lights i guess.

I'll do just that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who has been to Belgium, Denmark, Norway? / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication / What Is New Zealand Famous For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.