Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,950 members, 7,949,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign (726 Views)

Claim That UN Will Intervene After 30 Days Of EndSars Protest Is Fake / End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths / FG Accepts 5-Point Demand Of EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by PressMyButton: 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
Like every other excesses, SARS could be pruned and carefully reorganized to serve its purpose than the country's knee jerk reaction to have had it disbanded. We were rather too bothered by the activities of a few bad eggs than the tenacity, commitments and discipline of the good many ones.
As the cries of ritualism continue to rent the air, the EndSARS conveners have all lost their voices. Jack Dorsey could not be bothered, Feminist coalition has gone dead mute, your Twitter influencers and Instagram celebrities have lost their verves. We are left all by ourselves, there is so much the Police could do considering the fact that they are still recovering from the brunt of EndSARS devastation.
While there were genuine concerns from a cross section of honest citizens, the Yahoo boys were laughing us to scorn as we trooped out into the streets, using our time and resources to fight off their only nemesis. These Yahoo boys were more than delighted to pool together a large amount of cash and crypto, donated their cars, provided all kinds of drinks and made their apartments available for accommodation. There was nothing as demanded by EndSars conveners that was not readily provided.
Few months down the line, with SARS out of the way, these Yahoo boys had become more daredevil, more daring and reckless. Our sisters, daughters and girlfriends have become an endangered species. They take them to wherever they wanted and do to them whatever they wanted without being questioned. The fierce looking men of the SARS unit who put the fear of God in their hearts are no longer an obstacle on their evil lane.

A 15 year old girl wants to bam with the big boys, use the latest iPhones, order for the latest handbags and fashion accessories in vogue while her parents sweat it out, toiling all day for her upkeep. But she doesn't need to worry a hoot, as long as there are a handful of Yahoo waiting to satisfy her needs in return for sex and most unfortunately her body parts. The focus of an average Nigerian girl is now shifted from Education to clubs, much of which has been a trademark. Yahoo boys have successfully lured our girls into becoming junkies, drug addicts and sex practicals.
The abnormal has become the norm and vice versa. Parents have since lost control over their daughters much as more teenage daughters have become home providers.

I do not intend to focus on the menance of Yahoo boys but to joggle our minds on the consequences of our calling for the disbandment of SARS. We cut off the nose to spite our face.

As I conclude, ask yourself, within the two years SARS was disbanded, are you safer now than you were two years ago?, Is your daughter safer?, Are your sisters, wife, and lovers more protected now than they were two years after SARS?

4 Likes

Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by PrinceOfLagos: 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Another one
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by pharrelaustin: 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
The attrocities of this yahoo boys is fast becoming more rampant and scary since sard disbandment.

it better we face police brutality done with a little fear than have a society full of even teneger turned serial killers with no remorse.

the victim can be any body. Me, you. Siblings. Mother, father etc
time to rise and fight this manace b4 it becomes bokoham, herdsmen, and bandict we cand control now.

#BRINGBACKSARS
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by PressMyButton: 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
pharrelaustin:
The attrocities of this yahoo boys is fast becoming more rampant and scary since sard disbandment.

it better we face police brutality done with a little fear than have a society full of even teneger turned serial killers with no remorse.

the victim can be any body. Me, you. Siblings. Mother, father etc
time to rise and fight this manace b4 it becomes bokoham, herdsmen, and bandict we cand control now.

#BRINGBACKSARS
It's high time we recalled SARS. Even in South east, SARS would match Igbos's madness with superior madness.

2 Likes

Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by Aidejay(m): 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
in the past 3days. I've seen threads blaming

Nollywood
Naija music industry
poverty
get rich quick mentality
poor parenting
bad morals
elections
obi cubana et al
culture
no known source of income
instagram (social media)

And now,

EndSars.

1 Like

Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by Aidejay(m): 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2022
Aidejay:
in the past 3days. I've seen threads blaming Nollywood
Naija music industry
poverty

get rich quick mentality
poor parenting
bad morals
elections
obi cubana et al
no known source of income
instagram (social media)

And now,

EndSars.

NIGERIANS AND BEATING AROUND THE BUSH!!!

1 Like

Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by Michelle70(m): 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
SARS wasn't that bad afterall

2 Likes

Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by Adeolaeniola(m): 3:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
How does this correlate sir, what is the main purpose of NPF? We are talking about atrocities the unit committed you are here trying to abate their illicit activities.
I pray you will never experience their vicious act
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2022
PressMyButton:
Like every other excesses, SARS could be pruned and carefully reorganized to serve its purpose than the country's knee jerk reaction to have had it disbanded. We were rather too bothered by the activities of a few bad eggs than the tenacity, commitments and discipline of the good many ones.
As the cries of ritualism continue to rent the air, the EndSARS conveners have all lost their voices. Jack Dorsey could not be bothered, Feminist coalition has gone dead mute, your Twitter influencers and Instagram celebrities have lost their verves. We are left all by ourselves, there is so much the Police could do considering the fact that they are still recovering from the brunt of EndSARS devastation.
While there were genuine concerns from a cross section of honest citizens, the Yahoo boys were laughing us to scorn as we trooped out into the streets, using our time and resources to fight off their only nemesis. These Yahoo boys were more than delighted to pool together a large amount of cash and crypto, donated their cars, provided all kinds of drinks and made their apartments available for accommodation. There was nothing as demanded by EndSars conveners that was not readily provided.
Few months down the line, with SARS out of the way, these Yahoo boys had become more daredevil, more daring and reckless. Our sisters, daughters and girlfriends have become an endangered species. They take them to wherever they wanted and do to them whatever they wanted without being questioned. The fierce looking men of the SARS unit who put the fear of God in their hearts are no longer an obstacle on their evil lane.

A 15 year old girl wants to bam with the big boys, use the latest iPhones, order for the latest handbags and fashion accessories in vogue while her parents sweat it out, toiling all day for her upkeep. But she doesn't need to worry a hoot, as long as there are a handful of Yahoo waiting to satisfy her needs in return for sex and most unfortunately her body parts. The focus of an average Nigerian girl is now shifted from Education to clubs, much of which has been a trademark. Yahoo boys have successfully lured our girls into becoming junkies, drug addicts and sex practicals.
The abnormal has become the norm and vice versa. Parents have since lost control over their daughters much as more teenage daughters have become home providers.

I do not intend to focus on the menance of Yahoo boys but to joggle our minds on the consequences of our calling for the disbandment of SARS. We cut off the nose to spite our face.

As I conclude, ask yourself, within the two years SARS was disbanded, are you safer now than you were two years ago?, Is your daughter safer?, Are your sisters, wife, and lovers more protected now than they were two years after SARS?

In other words, the NPF is incompetent and cannot be trusted to deal with such crimes.
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by horsepower102: 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
OP are you saying that there wasn't an epidemic of ritual killings in the southwest during SARS. When SARS was around, ritual killings was still on going. Everyone is looking for excuses and scapegotism when the problem has been there for decades. Just searching nairaland alone, there are some many news over the years of ritual killings in the south west. To pretend like its a new phenomena is to make the problem worse

1 Like

Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by PressMyButton: 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
horsepower102:
OP are you saying that there wasn't an epidemic of ritual killings in the southwest during SARS. When SARS was around, ritual killings was still on going. Everyone is looking for excuses and scapegotism when the problem has tgatbeen there for decades. Just searching nairaland alone, there are some many news over the years of ritual killings in the south west. To pretend like its a new phenomena is to make the problem worse
It is not only peculiar to the SW, it's everywhere. Does ritualism not exist in SE and SS too?. However, the menance has risen ridiculously in 2years after SARS was disbanded.
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by PressMyButton: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
Kabongo1:

In other words, the NPF is incompetent and cannot be trusted to deal with such crimes.
SARS is a unit of NPF and there's no other units that can deal brutally with these Yahoo hoodlums as SARS.
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by youngeagle(m): 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
SARS I kno would involve in Organ harvest had it been they continued
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by PressMyButton: 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
Adeolaeniola:
How does this correlate sir, what is the main purpose of NPF? We are talking about atrocities the unit committed you are here trying to abate their illicit activities.
I pray you will never experience their vicious act
Are some Police men not doing worse?. Are they not exploiting and harassing citizens?. Does it call for the entire police institution be scrapped?..
Were SARS in operation, these Yahoo hoodlums would not have been this bold in their atrocities
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by PressMyButton: 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
youngeagle:
SARS I kno would involve in Organ harvest had it been they continued
You have no idea how ruthlesd SARS was with criminals. Have you ever been to SARS office?. Although some of them were overzealous but Yahoo activities were largely checked.
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by inoki247: 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
You people will always look for excuse...

Insecurity everywhere...

People wants to Japa also with alot of desperation shey na Endsars cause that also...

You think say with the desperation wey dey outside now if Babalawo instruct someone who's desperate to bring a Sars member for Ritual u think say boys no go find am give baba....

The country, Economy, security nothing is working na why people dey get more desperate...
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by Basic123: 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
I have always believed this.

ENDSARS WRECKED MANY HAVOC!
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by Putinmyrod: 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
The reason I reduced frequenting clubs. Sometimes, I don't like the things I see.
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by headSmasher: 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
I guess endsars also caused the spike in cannibalism
Re: Rise In Ritualism; The Consequences Of EndSARS Caimpaign by Ruggedniggaone: 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2022
This op need brain format. who told you that SARS were dealing with yahoo boy? sars only deal with any yahoo boy who is not ready to give them money if you give them 5k forget am sars go still give you update

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Queen Elizabeth - Pics / If Apc Fields Amaechi, And Pdp Tries Rubbish, I Vote Amaechi / Most Southwesterners Love What Is Going On In The East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.