Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (894451 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (647) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bosslady25: 5:25pm On May 31, 2022
Hello everyone, please, kindly advise.
I got a visit visa refusal this May. I posted this in previous thread.This was my third visit visa refusal in 15years( 2007, 2014, 2022). The 2 refusals were based more on my economic circumstances ... (nothing fraudulent)
My background: My parents and siblings have been in the uk for years(30)
My husband got a uk masters offer March this year( before my visa application) . He didn’t pay the deposit because we were looking at the funds involved ( if it’s worth spending that much money for a year program).
Now, he has decided to pay the tuition deposit and go for the program with our children and I as his dependents.
The issue; hope my previous refusal will not hinder his application (this is his first time applying to any embassy ,same for my children too, because he wants us to apply as a family.
Can my application be refused because I’m a full time mom for now (trying to setup a business)and my recent refusal was May ( hope it won’t look somehow? Though, he got the offer letter before I even applied for the visit visa).
My children are aged 2+, 6years.
The university he is going to is in the town where my family reside, hope this won’t count against the application too? My lack of family ties in Nigeria.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:31pm On May 31, 2022
@bosslady no the student visa is point based. As long as you both meet the points it will be granted. Make sure to declare all refusals. Being a full time housewife will have no bearing on you been granted a student dependent visa.
Read the page 1 of the uk student thread. Meet all the requirements and apply, then hope for the best
As for your parents and siblings.. you have to declare everyone of them.. I hope in the previous refusals, they had been declared as well.. any variance in this is cause for alarm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meccisoft(f): 5:36pm On May 31, 2022
Is it renewal or fresh. Then is it work or visit
vikaosi:

Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 5:55pm On May 31, 2022
meccisoft:
Is it renewal or fresh. Then is it work or visit

Fresh. It's a spouse visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:04pm On May 31, 2022
vikaosi:
Fresh. It's a spouse visa
congratulations.
it’s not a spouse visa tho. (for learning purposes only) It is a work partner dependent visa. Spouse visa costs way over quadruple the amount (you) paid and wont get sorted out now if biometrics was May 11.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
Any help on this

Hello everyone and trust we are having a god day?

I am at the point of making payment for visa fee and i am having challenges receiving the dynamic password/ OTP on my phone.

I am using a first bank multi currency card. Could it be network issues or they do not accept first bank dom card?

Also, at what point do i get to upload my documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 6:18pm On May 31, 2022
giselle237:
congratulations.
it’s not a spouse visa tho. (for learning purposes only) It is a work partner dependent visa. Spouse visa costs way over quadruple the amount (you) paid and wont get sorted out now if biometrics was May 11.

I'm happy to have learnt this. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 6:20pm On May 31, 2022
Bosslady25:
Hello everyone, please, kindly advise.
I got a visit visa refusal this May. I posted this in previous thread.This was my third visit visa refusal in 15years( 2007, 2014, 2022). The 2 refusals were based more on my economic circumstances ... (nothing fraudulent)
My background: My parents and siblings have been in the uk for years(30)
My husband got a uk masters offer March this year( before my visa application) . He didn’t pay the deposit because we were looking at the funds involved ( if it’s worth spending that much money for a year program).
Now, he has decided to pay the tuition deposit and go for the program with our children and I as his dependents.
The issue; hope my previous refusal will not hinder his application (this is his first time applying to any embassy ,same for my children too, because he wants us to apply as a family.
Can my application be refused because I’m a full time mom for now (trying to setup a business)and my recent refusal was May ( hope it won’t look somehow? Though, he got the offer letter before I even applied for the visit visa).
My children are aged 2+, 6years.
The university he is going to is in the town where my family reside, hope this won’t count against the application too? My lack of family ties in Nigeria.
Thank you.
Have you received your passport ?
When did it arrive ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bosslady25: 6:33pm On May 31, 2022
@giselle237, thank you for the response. I have always mentioned my family members in each application and declared each refusal.
giselle237:
@bosslady no the student visa is point based. As long as you both meet the points it will be granted. Make sure to declare all refusals. Being a full time housewife will have no bearing on you been granted a student dependent visa.
Read the page 1 of the uk student thread. Meet all the requirements and apply, then hope for the best
As for your parents and siblings.. you have to declare everyone of them.. I hope in the previous refusals, they had been declared as well.. any variance in this is cause for alarm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bosslady25: 6:35pm On May 31, 2022
Yes... I picked it up yesterday.The collection mail came in over a week after the refusal mail.
HRprof:

Have you received your passport ?
When did it arrive ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Faithwithhope: 7:19pm On May 31, 2022
Guys I need help
Pls my CAS shield has been sent today and there is a particular question asking if have been refused a student visa from other country , I said yes and I mentioned the country but haven’t completed it though just saved it for now
So I spoke to 3 friends who are in the Uk and Dey said I shouldn’t disclose my refusa wen filling CAS but I can disclose at visa level . I’m so confused scared and helpless you all need to help me out

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by orlabot(m): 7:29pm On May 31, 2022
giselle237:
congratulations.
Pls, what is the difference between the two?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tawak: 7:45pm On May 31, 2022
Faithwithhope:
Guys I need help
Pls my CAS shield has been sent today and there is a particular question asking if have been refused a student visa from other country , I said yes and I mentioned the country but haven’t completed it though just saved it for now
So I spoke to 3 friends who are in the Uk and Dey said I shouldn’t disclose my refusa wen filling CAS but I can disclose at visa level . I’m so confused scared and helpless you all need to help me out

Hi, post your inquiry on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6954875/uk-student-visa-tier-4/641#113324775 for an adequate response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:46pm On May 31, 2022
Faithwithhope:
Guys I need help

Declare. Honesty is the best policy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:57pm On May 31, 2022
orlabot:

Pls, what is the difference between the two?
Spouse visa :- https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
These are the spouses of british citizens, people with settled status, permanent residence or EU citizens

Skilled worker dependent visa:- https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/your-partner-and-children
These are the spouses of immigrants with temporary visa( eg work visa)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by orlabot(m): 8:44pm On May 31, 2022
Thanks for the explanation.
giselle237:

Spouse visa :- https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
These are the spouses of british citizens, people with settled status, permanent residence or EU citizens

Skilled worker dependent visa:- https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/your-partner-and-children
These are the spouses of immigrants with temporary visa( eg work visa)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by orlabot(m): 8:48pm On May 31, 2022
Congratulations bro.
Pls,how long does it take for your application to move from the 2nd stage(transfer to DMc) to the 3rd stage(received by DMC) on ur tracking page?
vikaosi:
Please, I got this email from TLS. What does it mean? Does it me the Visa is approved.

Dear Customer,

Your travel document (and supporting documents, if applicable) are now ready for collection at the TLScontact Visa Application Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos. Please carefully read the below instructions to retrieve your documents.

If you have made more than one application at the same time using the same email address, please wait until you have received email confirmations for each application before visiting this Visa Application Centre to collect your documents[color=#990000][/color].
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 6:19am On Jun 01, 2022
@giselle237 and any other person can weigh in on this.

Please I’m stuck at the payment stage

I have used my first bank visa dollar card, first bank naira master card and even used someone’s Polaris naira master card cos he claimed to use it for payment of visa fees but all didn’t work.

For my visa dollar card, it said I was meant to receive a dynamic password which I waited for but it never came and I tried severally for the token to drop but every trial expires after 9mins.

My naira master card sent me the otp but it didn’t go through maybe due to the CBN limit on naira cards.

This other Polaris naira master card was refused as well.

Please what to do from here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 6:23am On Jun 01, 2022
geolan:
@giselle237 and any other person can weigh in on this.

Please I’m stuck at the payment stage

I have used my first bank visa dollar card, first bank naira master card and even used someone’s Polaris naira master card cos he claimed to use it for payment of visa fees but all didn’t work.

For my visa dollar card, it said I was meant to receive a dynamic password which I waited for but it never came and I tried severally for the token to drop but every trial expires after 9mins.

My naira master card sent me the otp but it didn’t go through maybe due to the CBN limit on naira cards.

This other Polaris naira master card was refused as well.

Please what to do from here

You may get a barter (flutterwave) virtual dollar card. Watch youtube videos on how to set it up. It's quite simple and works effortlessly.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:18am On Jun 01, 2022
@GTB cards are working fine now. The limit has gone to 200 usd again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2022
nwaogukings03:

You may get a barter (flutterwave) virtual dollar card. Watch youtube videos on how to set it up. It's quite simple and works effortlessly.

Thanks for this. I’m on it right away and am I to link it to my multi currency card or with my naira master card?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 7:45am On Jun 01, 2022
giselle237:

Oh ok thanks
I’ve called a colleague who has a gtbank card and I’m also exploring the flutter wave virtual card option as suggested by the poster above you.

Whichever one works out, I will let the house know

Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 8:12am On Jun 01, 2022
dollar or naira cards
giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:25am On Jun 01, 2022
pufframmy:
dollar or naira cards
naira card ooo..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lordofistanbul: 8:26am On Jun 01, 2022
Pls house what’s this UKVI service fee about, cos I paid visa fees already , so I don’t get the £55 again, pls someone with idea pls respond.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rosement(f): 9:04am On Jun 01, 2022
Lordofistanbul:
Pls house what’s this UKVI service fee about, cos I paid visa fees already , so I don’t get the £55 again, pls someone with idea pls respond.
It is called user pays fee and it is only requested from those that picked V.I.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2022
geolan:

Thanks for this. I’m on it right away and am I to link it to my multi currency card or with my naira master card?

Naira mastercard i know works.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lordofistanbul: 9:40am On Jun 01, 2022
Pls how do I change it to ikeja tls submission center?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lordofistanbul: 9:43am On Jun 01, 2022
Rosement:

It is called user pays fee and it is only requested from those that picked V.I.
pls baba since I haven’t pay for the tls charges, can’t I change the submission center from VI to ikeja?pls shed more light on this .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 9:52am On Jun 01, 2022
Lordofistanbul:
pls baba since I haven’t pay for the tls charges, can’t I change the submission center from VI to ikeja?pls shed more light on this .
you cannot change it. It’s either you pay the fee or you cancel your application and request for a refund. Your refund will be processed within 28 working days. So you must have extra money ready to pay for another visa fee and this time you can choose Ikeja. Note - you’ll have to start another application and pay another visa fee. The first visa fee you paid will only be refunded on or before 28 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 9:56am On Jun 01, 2022
Thanks to everyone who has been helpful thus far. I really appreciate

Please I’m at this option and I haven’t seen any place that requires that I upload my document. Am I to book an appointment first before I upload my documents since I want to do that myself

Modified
I have gotten it. I had to proceed with the appointment before I can upload documents

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rosement(f): 10:02am On Jun 01, 2022
Lordofistanbul:
Pls how do I change it to ikeja tls submission center?
I will advice you to pay the user pays fee because you can not change your submission center except you cancel your application and start all over and that means you will pay another visa fees and wait for about 28days to receive a refund of your previous fees.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (647) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: ozymes, hunee and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.