Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,893 members, 7,909,363 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 11:55 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (941135 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by wifey1: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2023
Pls for someone applying for visit visa but hubby is sponsoring, what's the ideal amount I should have in my account,as I see the visa officers are really after personal finance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Andrewegon1: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2023
Hello house
I started my POF 23 of october, and i paid my visa and ihs fee on the 14 of november .... and i uploaded my document on the 21 of november(30days pof). And today 22 of november was my biometrics

Some one told me i will get nsf cos i paid for visa and ihs before my pof complete 28days

How true is this ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fbimps: 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2023
Good day all, I once stated on my last post yesterday seeking for advice as I kept my passport with me due to need to travel out of the country while other members of my family submitted theirs during application to TLS for visiting Visa 2 weeks this December to London.
I was mailed instructing me to return my passport yesterday but am out of town, and today other members got a mail to come pick up , please find below content sent:
Dear Customer,

Your travel document (and supporting documents, if applicable) are now ready for collection at the TLScontact Visa Application Centre, Lagos, Ikeja. Please carefully read the below instructions to retrieve your documents.

If you have made more than one application at the same time using the same email address, please wait until you have received email confirmations for each application before visiting this Visa Application Centre to collect your documents.
Collection in person

Please come with all of the following:

Your Original TLScontact Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your minor child) *
can they go an pick theirs or would they need to wait for my arrival and does it mean it has been approved ?

please I need your assistance people.

( what is original Photographic ID ?
Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 4:55am On Nov 23, 2023
Visa had been approved, congratulations in advance, I'm sure it had been approved.
If it was refused, you would have gotten an email informing you of it's refusal and a letter attached stating why it was refused. If you check your mail and junk/spam messages and you don't find any email from UKVI on it refusal, then you had been approved.

Secondly, if it was denied, there's no need requesting you to submit your travel document.

fbimps:
Good day all, I once stated on my last post yesterday seeking for advice as I kept my passport with me due to need to travel out of the country while other members of my family submitted theirs during application to TLS for visiting Visa 2 weeks this December to London.
I was mailed instructing me to return my passport yesterday but am out of town, and today other members got a mail to come pick up , please find below content sent:
Dear Customer,

Your travel document (and supporting documents, if applicable) are now ready for collection at the TLScontact Visa Application Centre, Lagos, Ikeja. Please carefully read the below instructions to retrieve your documents.

If you have made more than one application at the same time using the same email address, please wait until you have received email confirmations for each application before visiting this Visa Application Centre to collect your documents.
Collection in person

Please come with all of the following:

Your Original TLScontact Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your minor child) *
can they go an pick theirs or would they need to wait for my arrival and does it mean it has been approved ?

please I need your assistance people.

( what is original Photographic ID ?
Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fbimps: 6:32am On Nov 23, 2023
Thank you for the update and can they go and pick up their own without me as am not within the country at the moment.
Also what do they mean with
Bring your Original Photographic ID?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2023
fbimps:
Thank you for the update and can they go and pick up their own without me as am not within the country at the moment.
Also what do they mean with
Bring your Original Photographic ID?

They can go pick up theirs. Ignore the original photographic ID, let them present the checklist and a copy of their passport data page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Akinola1212: 8:34am On Nov 23, 2023
Blackfinegirl:

Don't worry, If they need more evidence they will let you know

Okay thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 9:24am On Nov 23, 2023
That's not true. Your Visa application starts the day you do Biometric not when you submitted.

Andrewegon1:
Hello house
I started my POF 23 of october, and i paid my visa and ihs fee on the 14 of november .... and i uploaded my document on the 21 of november(30days pof). And today 22 of november was my biometrics

Some one told me i will get nsf cos i paid for visa and ihs before my pof complete 28days

How true is this ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2023
Oyesquare10:
That's not true. Your Visa application starts the day you do Biometric not when you submitted.

Oyesquare, stop misleading people. Visa application date is the date the visa form is submitted. Not the day of the biometric. Check google.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:29am On Nov 23, 2023
Andrewegon1:
Hello house

How true is this ?

Very true. Might lead to refusal. Why did you not wait? Simple rule.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by csandy(f): 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
Hi everyone, does anyone have experience with booking flights from Nigeria to London via Expedia?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tymally: 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2023
Does anyone know the implication of this, please? The applicant had experienced previous rejections twice. This is the third application and purpose of travel is to attend sibling's grad

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been
received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement
applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within
60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).
We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service
targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will
continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made
as soon as possible.
Please do not attend the application centre until you have been
contacted by the VAC.
Kind regards
Croydon DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cornellnice(m): 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
Kindly reach out if you need Proof of fund
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shangos: 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2023
Good evening all, so I got my visa refused mail today because of some inflow that came into my account recently that I didn't explain in my letter of introduction which I assumed was self explanatory. Inflows include company profit bonus for the year and housing, leave allowance for the year (the breakdown is in my employment letter which I uploaded as well and even the remark on the transaction stated mortgage allowance) . So I am thinking of reapplying and my question is will I be required to go for biometrics again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
This is called Non Straight forward mail. It has no implication. Sometimes the Officer use this email to request for additional information but in this case, no further information/document is needed. So do nothing and expect feedback.

Tymally:
Does anyone know the implication of this, please? The applicant had experienced previous rejections twice. This is the third application and purpose of travel is to attend sibling's grad

as soon as possible.
contacted by the VAC.
Kind regards
Croydon DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
How please?

Cashmadam:

Very true. Might lead to refusal. Why did you not wait? Simple rule.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
Yes, I think so
shangos:
Good evening all, so I got my visa refused mail today because of some inflow that came into my account recently that I didn't explain in my letter of introduction which I assumed was self explanatory. Inflows include company profit bonus for the year and housing, leave allowance for the year (the breakdown is in my employment letter which I uploaded as well and even the remark on the transaction stated mortgage allowance) . So I am thinking of reapplying and my question is will I be required to go for biometrics again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tymally: 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
Oyesquare10:
This is called Non Straight forward mail. It has no implication. Sometimes the Officer use this email to request for additional information but in this case, no further information/document is needed. So do nothing and expect feedback.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by victorVIC1(m): 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2023
BishopEmmanuel:
sorry sister... Do you know much about Manchester metropolitan university? I want to know of all their requirements because one can not get all on the internet. I will like to know if they pay for any enrollments after the tuition deposit please.

Send me a DM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dayorrrr: 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2023
victorVIC1:

Send me a DM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 4:33am On Nov 24, 2023
Yes

100% required.
shangos:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by wifey1: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2023
Pls advice needed
wifey1:
Pls for someone applying for visit visa but hubby is sponsoring, what's the ideal amount I should have in my account,as I see the visa officers are really after personal finance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
wifey1:
Pls advice needed

I was having 4M in my account and my husband was my sponsor. Your sponsor should have a reasonable money in his account

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
Kindly help out with this please.

Oyesquare10:
Morning Everyone.
Please my mom's Visa was refused yesterday. Attached is the reason of refusal which is majorly funds available to her. I didn't submit her personal accounts because I feel mine is sufficient. So I intend to submit her account in the next application.
Kindly help with the following:
1.Please what's the reasonable amount to be in her account.
2. Is one month statement sufficient
3. Reasonable duration of visit

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
Oyesquare10:

Please my mom's Visa was refused yesterday. Attached is the reason of refusal which is majorly funds available to her. I didn't submit her personal accounts because I feel mine is sufficient. So I intend to submit her account in the next application.
Kindly help with the following:
1.Please what's the reasonable amount to be in her account.
2. Is one month statement sufficient
3. Reasonable duration of visit
U stated that she would be PERSONALLY spending £2200 and did not include her bank statements
Pls if she is fully sponsored write £1 there as she is not PERSONALLY spending the money as she has none from herself.
The ECO said they have been unable to determine if she has these money really available to her and also unable to tell of her current living circumstances in Nigeria.
One month bank statement is not enough, they want to see her circumstances in Nigeria…. as against what you filled in her form
Reasonable duration of visit for mother coming to see their child(in my opinion) is 2 weeks to 1 month.
If she gets the visa and decides to stay longer then fine but don’t start raising eyebrows by including a 5 month duration on her visa form.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
Thank you very much for this.
Please can you clarify the £1 aspect. I am fully sponsoring her as she really doesn't have much. She's dependent on funds from her children.
I think the question in the form is usually how much does she plan to spend, do you mean I should put £1 for her.
And where in the form do I indicate fully sponsored by me aside my letter?
Thank you

giselle237:

U stated that she would be PERSONALLY spending £2200 and did not include her bank statements
Pls if she is fully sponsored write £1 there as she is not PERSONALLY spending the money as she has none from herself.
The ECO said they have been unable to determine if she has these money really available to her and also unable to tell of her current living circumstances in Nigeria.
One month bank statement is not enough, they want to see her circumstances in Nigeria…. as against what you filled in her form
Reasonable duration of visit for mother coming to see their child(in my opinion) is 2 weeks to 1 month.
If she gets the visa and decides to stay longer then fine but don’t start raising eyebrows by including a 5 month duration on her visa form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
Oyesquare10:
Thank you very much for this.
Please can you clarify the £1 aspect. I am fully sponsoring her as she really doesn't have much. She's dependent on funds from her children.
I think the question in the form is usually how much does she plan to spend, do you mean I should put £1 for her.
And where in the form do I indicate fully sponsored by me aside my letter?
Thank you
the questions are 2…
is how much are you planning to spend AND
then how much are you personally spending… those are 2 questions. If you are fully sponsoring her and as the ECO pointed out, the how much personally should be £1 as she does not have any personal money to bring out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladylco: 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2023
Thegamingorca:
Remove that microfinance Bank and use actual bank.

You can't tell these ppl you work in teckkkk. That's not a job description. cheesy

I say reduce the visit to one week, what the heck are you going to be explaining you are doing in the UK for 3 weeks? grin

Go and find casual leave letter of only one week on the expected dates you will intend to travel( it shouldn't pass one week oh!)

I asked you for you monthly disposable income you are quoting annual salary. You need to demonstrate that you are not just saving money but that you are spending from inside. Be it to transfer to another bank and reshuffle back into your account through salary is no one's business. Your expected expenses you intend to tell them you will waste on this trip yourself should not pass 3 times your disposable income. If not another refusal.

Avoid anything that will complicate the application or raise eyebrows.
You straight up just need to present a company you work in with monthly payment on a designated official day stated in your employment letter.

If she is sponsoring you, is it flight and accomodation for one week or is it the whole package.

I wonder why this guy is giving the ECO further reason to refuse him again, Why cant he just take simple advise? beside why is the sister sponsoring a full blown adult who is expected to be working? and one of the main reason the ECO is looking for is Economic ties they wants to know that you are financially capable to take care of yourself not relying on someone elso to take care of your bills/expenses as an adult.

If you state that your sister is inviting you and you will be staying at her place, that makes more sense not that she is part sponsoring you, this will give you more buffer being that cost of accomodation is out hence you dont have to incure more travel exxpenses and the ECO will not have to calculate your expenses against your supposed income and what you should have as savings. You want to show that even if you make the trip, its not going to affer your savings; (i.e every expenses you may incur during your trip will be just like a pinch of salt from your savings)

With the way you are going, you are creating an impression to the ECO that if given the charce, you may not come back since you cant prove you can stand on yourown without the help of your sister. Saying you want to stay more that 2 weeks for someone who claims he is gaining employed is also questionable. Why do you want to leave your job for that long?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by phiriki: 2:04am On Nov 25, 2023
I am here to show my appreciation to you guys for the good knowledge you share here and it comes with no condition.
My family went for pick and Visa has been approved and only to get back to Nigeria and submit my passport to be stamped.
Thanks once again.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ibaku(m): 9:43am On Nov 25, 2023
Cashmadam:

Oyesquare, stop misleading people. Visa application date is the date the visa form is submitted. Not the day of the biometric. Check google.
Right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadameW: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2023
It means they are unable to process your application within their timeframe. Nothing to do but wait.

Tymally:

as soon as possible.
contacted by the VAC.
Kind regards
Croydon DMC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (669) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.