Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,915 members, 7,872,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:20 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (894872 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (647) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DigitalearningP: 12:40pm On May 31
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 2:41pm On May 31
Is this click bait?? cos Nigerians are not eligible for DV lottery. So wondering why the link is posted here and what people are to be checking

DigitalearningP:
https://workandstudyblog.com/how-can-check-my-dv-lottery-2024-2025-results/

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jannyfranc: 3:11pm On May 31
Your advise is ok,but he should prepare well,i was in UK 1 months ago, the officer i met at bother was very tough.She asked about where I will stay,after confirming the hotel reservation, she also confirmed that i was actually invited for conference .Let him be sure that he maintained same story.If he didnt mention staying with the friend in his application, he shouldnt mention it at the border.
dende3:

if you are first timer to the Uk i will Advice you stick to the information used on your documentation which is the hotel reserved ,majority of questions you will be asked is on
1.How long are you staying in the Uk
2 Do you have your return ticket and when are you returning
3 how much do you have on you? do u have sufficient fund on you
welcome to United Kingdom

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 3:23pm On May 31
Generating Share Code - UKVI

According to UKVI site, one should be able to generate their share code using the Passport Identity Option.

Im trying to generate my share code. I went to UKVI site and followed the prompts. I Inputted my passport number and DOB. However, I got an error saying "the details entered do not match our records"....

I saw there's the option of using BRP. But I don't have BRP yet so can't use that.

Anyone successfully generated their share code using the passport identity option?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teslas: 5:42pm On May 31
Hello Nairalanders,

Please does anyone has a written document on how to explain refusal of unexplained deposits

Or A write of explanation of such refusal as the only reason for the refusal is unexplained deposit.

And if there is any written one in the past, please share.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BruceXavier: 9:18pm On May 31
Hi everyone I'm currently finding difficult to select a self service appointment. Each time I select a time slot it doesnt allow me proceed to checkout. Can someone explain why?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:26pm On May 31
roak:
Generating Share Code - UKVI

Im trying to generate my share code. I went to the UKVI site and followed the prompts. Inputted my passport number and DOB. I got an error saying "the details entered do not match our records"....

I don't have BRP yet so can't use that.
Anyone successfully generated their share code using the passport identity option?

Wait for your BRP. You'll get the code once you have received your BRP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 4:27am On Jun 01
Yeah, I know of getting it via BRP. I just thought it would work with the passport option, since UKVI site prompted one to input their passport details.

Plus renters require share code (right to rent). So it's something I might be needing before I arrive UK; because my plan is to sort accomodation out pre arrival - hopefully.

Since the passport details option isnt working, then I don't have much of a choice asides waiting for the BRP and that would only be when I arrive in UK.

Cashmadam:

Wait for your BRP. You'll get the code once you have received your BRP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by killaskillz: 8:42am On Jun 01
giselle237:
You need to give more context to your situation

In the form given to me by the immigration lawyers handling the visa application, I filled my niece's details as my first child. Now, I no longer want to go with the process i.e putting her as my first child in my application. Does telling the immigration lawyers to remove it put me at risk of jeopardizing my application seeing that the lawyers work for my employers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by humblemoi: 9:47am On Jun 01
killaskillz:

In the form given to me by the immigration lawyers handling the visa application, I filled my niece's details as my first child. Now, I no longer want to go with the process i.e putting her as my first child in my application. Does telling the immigration lawyers to remove it put me at risk of jeopardizing my application seeing that the lawyers work for my employers.

If the application has not been submitted, then you can get it removed without any issues. If you have submitted and have yet to go submit your biometrics, then you can have the application cancelled altogether and start afresh.
If the application has been submitted along with the biometrics, then at this point there would be issues depending on how you go about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:02am On Jun 01
Removed as fans should always be ignored. Starve the obsession.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by killaskillz: 10:03am On Jun 01
humblemoi:

If the application has not been submitted, then you can get it removed without any issues. If you have submitted and have yet to go submit your biometrics, then you can have the application cancelled altogether and start afresh.
If the application has been submitted along with the biometrics, then at this point there would be issues depending on how you go about it.

Thanks, application hasn't been submitted yet, was just wondering why reason I'll give the immigration lawyers for wanting to remove the name so as not to make be look dubious
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:03am On Jun 01
killaskillz:

Withdraw the application if not submitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BruceXavier: 11:02am On Jun 01
BruceXavier:
Hi everyone I'm currently finding difficult to select a self service appointment. Each time I select a time slot it doesnt allow me proceed to checkout. Can someone explain why?

Please I still need help with this, after clicking on "No thanks, continue with selected appointment type" I'm unable to proceed to checkout. Can someone let me know what I may or may not be doing wrong. I selected V.I as my location.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:54pm On Jun 01
killaskillz:

Thanks, application hasn't been submitted yet, was just wondering why reason I'll give the immigration lawyers for wanting to remove the name so as not to make be look dubious
hello… though… claiming your niece is your child when that is not true is nothing less of dubiousity…
Look for an excuse, I am sure you can come up with something. Just withdraw the application.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:55pm On Jun 01
BruceXavier:

Please I still need help with this, after clicking on "No thanks, continue with selected appointment type" I'm unable to proceed to checkout. Can someone let me know what I may or may not be doing wrong. I selected V.I as my location.
V.I is a paid centre. You pay to use the centre and this payment is different from if you do not get to pick a free appointment time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kel4soft: 2:31pm On Jun 01
Will the labour strike affect TLs Contact centers for those who have already been scheduled for visa interview?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BruceXavier: 3:14pm On Jun 01
giselle237:
V.I is a paid centre. You pay to use the centre and this payment is different from if you do not get to pick a free appointment time

Yes I'm aware it's a paid centre, I have used it before. The amount is already stated at 76.50GBP. I'm trying to select a time for self service and it's not letting me. I even opted for assisted service and it's the same thing. I have used V.I before when it was 55GBP and I dint have any issues. Now I'm unable to select a time for self service and proceed to checkout. The amount for UKVI fee and and TLS courier fees are clearly stated and payments are meant to be separate, but I can't select a time which will allow me proceed to checkout. Has someone experienced this before?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 3:58pm On Jun 01
You can actually get right to rent without BRP. I read the guidelines judiciously....See images below. Now whether landlords comply is another topic on its own...I cannot speak on that.

N.B Here's the link to the info for anyone who wants to read it up themselves https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-rent/using-immigration-documents

giselle237:
you can not get right to rent when you have not entered and collected your BRP + the site refuses to generate it based on your passport details.. you have to wait

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by killaskillz: 6:51pm On Jun 01
giselle237:
hello… though… claiming your niece is your child when that is not true is nothing less of dubiousity…
Look for an excuse, I am sure you can come up with something. Just withdraw the application.

Was thinking of either coming clean or telling them that I found out that she's not my child after extensive arguments. Confused TBH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by killaskillz: 7:12pm On Jun 01
humblemoi:

What reason do I give to the immigration lawyers?
I've submitted to them but they are yet to make the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:48pm On Jun 01

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aoaox: 3:11am On Jun 02
BruceXavier:

Look for a free date and subscribe/pay for “prime time”. Should be about 15minutes earlier than the next stipulated schedule time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 4:41am On Jun 02
Stop panicking. If she was truly your child, this same thing could have happened. Say that her mother is not in agreement and a family matter has ensued and so you have to withdraw her application. Very simple.

Also, did you specify biological daughter as she could have been your adopted child. In any case, let them know that her mother has kicked a fuss and it’s been decided she should stay home. While your other children proceed with you (if you have). But please don’t be deceitful again; what if they asked for DNA or birth certificate? I don’t know the migration process or requirements but don’t lie on such things. You could be rejected and banned.

killaskillz:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 8:16am On Jun 02
Nobody said UK govt can force anyone to rent to you.

You mentioned you can only get right to rent when you have BRP, and I pointed out that the guidelines mention you can prove your right to rent by using your immigration documents.

It's good to know the guidelines, so if one is hearing something else you're in a position to speak from an informed point of view. Even the landlords might not know this. There's no harm in people knowing what the guidelines states and the right information.

N.B Here's the link to the info for anyone who wants to read it up themselves https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-rent/using-immigration-documents

giselle237:
… if you don’t have right to rent share code, you don’t have right to rent share code. It is a code.
Landlord is a private entity, Uk government cannot force anyone to rent to you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:27am On Jun 02

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 12:22pm On Jun 02
Clearly you are not reading to comprehend, and are only reading to reply. So I have re-attached the doc and highlighted in green what you failed to see.

First off, the document I posted said " permission to stay for a time - a limited period - this must cover the time you'll be renting" ... so tell me if that dosent apply to those who are either on a Skilled visa or study visa. (But no your eyes only saw the part that said indefinite leave to remain..). The doc also categorically states vignette can be used. Check the image attached. I have highlighted that for you as well.

Stop arguing baselessly with me on what is in the guidelines. I am not UKVI.

You say the vignette only states 30 to 90days, and whose house are you renting for 30 to 90days?? That's why there's a thing called short term rent....even the guidelines says vignette can be used; again I have highlighted that for you in the image below. You think short term renters don't also want some form of proof or identification behind who they are renting too? Or that those coming in before they pick BRP should not be able to sort rent ahead of time?

I am personally contacting some short term renters and attaching my vignette as proof of right to rent (cos the UKVI guidelines mention this, and i mention it to them as well). Its called been proactive. The plan is to get a place to stay before i come to the UK, which is very doable. If they need proof as to your right to rent and you dont have a share code yet cos you cant generate one till you get into UK, you send them your vignette. According to what the guideline states - vignette can be used.

Secondly, about me putting the cart before the horse as you claim, my employer actually did ask me if I already had a share code, and said I should be able to generate one after getting my visa. That's what prompted me to check about share codes and then I saw I might be needing it for rent. I don't owe you an explanation.... but I have attached the mail where my employer asked about share code as others might be reading and following this.

And thirdly, YOURE THE ONE CHOOSING TO WASTE YOUR OWN TIME. I didn't ask for your response.... I know and have read the guidelines and I am conversant with the UK to a very very large. You think every post and every enquires means people are clueless?? i laugh.

Fourthly, not many people have replied to my post (stop it with the over exaggerations plss!!). Only one person did reply, and I acknowledged her response and mentioned what I saw on the site.

Lastly, no one is derailing any thread, if you read to understand and didn't just read to reply, you'd see I was pointing out what the guidelines state about being able to use immigration docs to prove your right to rent ; even if its rent for 30 to 90 days as you say , the guidelines categorically states you can use your vignette to prove your right to rent! Of cos this therefore means you can use this to sort rent before you come into the country or before you are able to pick your BRP.

Now please go drink water, drop cup and rest!!

giselle237:

You only have an entry stamp for 30 to 90 days.
Whose house are you renting for 30 to 90 days??
Does your visa stamp say any of the following as you have in the screenshot you have posted?? Did you not see the document must have those things written on them inorder to be used to prove immigration status??
Do you have ILR? Do you have a visa with no time limit?
Do you have exemption to immigration control written on your visa stamp? Do you have limited leave to remain?

Your status would be activated when you enter and only after entering can you pick up the BRP.
Even your work , will not allow you commence work without picking up your BRP even though the guidelines state that you can prove your right to work with the visa/passport.
Immediately you go to them without your BRP they will ask you to come with it and wait for it as long as it takes! Stop arguing baselessly and hear it again from me, if you are unable to generate a right to rent code, landlords will not touch you with your guidelines.

Get into the UK, pick up your BRP AND GENERATE YOUR CODE.
Several people have told you already, it is needless for me to waste my time further.
Stop putting the cart before the horse!!!! There is a proper procedure to renting/living/working in the UK, you should follow it and stop derailing the thread.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by humblemoi: 1:00pm On Jun 02
killaskillz:

What reason do I give to the immigration lawyers?
I've submitted to them but they are yet to make the application

Just tell them that you have decided to exclude the child from your application on grounds of xyz school health event family anything.

Whatever the immigration lawyers think is the least of your worries. They will not stop your salary, yours is to provide the information they need to make the application and you should be at liberty to make a change when you see fit. Full stop!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:35pm On Jun 02

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 1:53pm On Jun 02

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by humblemoi: 2:12pm On Jun 02
[quote author=roak post=130268788][/quote]

It's a know fact to residents that you can only use your BRP to generate a right to work or right to rent. In the questions asked, you are told to provide the reference on the document and the example in the question is referenced to the BRP. This is why you are advised to get in, pick your BRP and generate the code.
Often times the HR staff in my organisations do not know the immigration process and many times they themselves have to consult for the most up to date information.

In conclusion, if you receive an error code from attempting to use your passport, share that with your company and explain the alternative is to get your BRP when you get in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 2:44pm On Jun 02
The question i asked was because my liaison contact in the organization has asked me if i have my share code (this has been the same person who processed my COS). Even the HR don't know it all - agreed. They work with the guidelines. I was asked for share code because she needs it to process right to work.

She may have seen it on the website and UKVI guidelines that I can use the passport option. It dosent work with the passport details, but for the passport option to be listed, that feature might still be work in progress.

Not been able to generate the code isnt even an issue. When i was told i needed to use BRP, i didnt argue.

This was my first time hearing about "share code". I got curious and decided to read up about it, then i saw one needs it to prove right to rent. Now, as someone who plans to try and rent before my arrival, i dug deeper into the guidelines and then saw immigration docs can also be used to prove right to rent - vignette.

The issue i had is the person saying "Only share code can be used to prove right to rent. Immigration docs dont prove right to rent". When the govt already put on the UKVI site that immigration docs e.g vignette can be used to prove right to rent. That's all what i was trying to clarify and pin point - what i read and saw in the guidelines. . Afterall, no one can know it all on this platform- even gurus still have their learning moments. We are all here to learn and offer advice. If new information with supporting evidence is brought too light; disproving / showing something that a person didn't know all this while, let them be gracious enough to receive and acknowledge the info, and not give the i always want to be right attitude/ know it all syndrome.

First thing is to be armed with the right info and one sees how to use it to their advantage or use it when needed. Like you rightly said even some of the people there dont even know the rules or guidelines.

Here's the link to the info and guidelines if you want to read it up yourself https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-rent/using-immigration-documents
------------------------------------------------------------

Il digresss a bit here - same way i was told by naysers i cant get a skilled workers visa outside UK unless I'm in IT or care job or i pair up as a dependant. But guess what it happened - by the Grace of God, and tenaciously following some certain steps, it happened! Not in care, or IT and not as an arrangee depandent either, but in a good role on the immigration shortage list. My point is people always say its impossible till its done even when the guidelines say its possible.

I for one like to know what the rules and guidelines see how i can use it to my play. I approached one of the private accommodations that house students, i mailed them and mentioned what i needed. Because session is ending in June, there's a possibility they may be able to offer me something for about 2 to 3 months before the students resume in September. They asked if I'm a student - I said no, and i attached my vignette, and they are using that to process my right to rent.

If i hadnt seen that info i wont even know vignette can be used to prove right to rent. I shared the info then became the bad person grin

humblemoi:

It's a know fact to residents that you can only use your BRP to generate a right to work or right to rent. In the questions asked, you are told to provide the reference on the document and the example in the question is referenced to the BRP. This is why you are advised to get in, pick your BRP and generate the code.
Often times the HR staff in my organisations do not know the immigration process and many times they themselves have to consult for the most up to date information.

In conclusion, if you receive an error code from attempting to use your passport, share that with your company and explain the alternative is to get your BRP when you get in.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (647) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.