Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,512 members, 7,895,138 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (924294 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (660) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akintola213: 7:04am On Jun 20
Preshyi:
Please do I need to attach proof of address in the UK to show my Mum will be staying with me? Please note I am not sponsoring her trip but the invitation letter is from me

Will she be staying with you? If yes attach a proof of address
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 7:39am On Jun 20
onile1975:
@ cash?madam and Guru in the house
I need advice about my own case, in 2015 I was denied UK visa 5times,then I was a civil servant with salary of 200k,but now i am a self employed,my business is register with income of 650k,i want to reapply for 1week holiday,I have 5million in private account and 2million in business account,pls what is my chances of getting the visa? I hope this high change of status will help my new application?
@ madamcash, pls I need ur response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 7:43am On Jun 20
#cashmadam
#giselle
Host of experienced people.

Pls I made a blunder by not uploading my international passport while uploading document..

I'm worried if that could deber my application even though I have d colored photocopy of it with me here..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 7:50am On Jun 20
stKorea:
#cashmadam
#giselle
Host of experienced people.

Pls I made a blunder by not uploading my international passport while uploading document..

I'm worried if that could deber my application even though I have d colored photocopy of it with me here..

I need response on this 🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadella(f): 8:03am On Jun 20
stKorea:

I did not upload mine and my visa was granted.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 8:21am On Jun 20
Jadella:

I did not upload mine and my visa was granted.

Thanks for this, also there some document I uploaded but the space provided on the checklist couldn't contain all the uploaded document..

Can I just limit it to the space given on the checklist or I should write everything out regardless of the space provided on checklist?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:19am On Jun 20
stKorea:

You didn't need to upload it so don't worry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:20am On Jun 20
Preshyi:
Please do I need to attach proof of address in the UK to show my Mum will be staying with me? Please note I am not sponsoring her trip but the invitation letter is from me

It's not compulsory - especially as you are not her sponsor. However, you can provide the document if it makes you feel better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:22am On Jun 20
beautyuche:
Thank you. Please how do i answer the question those that rely on me for financial support.
I added only my parents as my kids have their father/ my husband for financial support not me. Since I am not traveling with neither of them is there any need to add them as my dependant?

I suggest you add your children and not your parents. It is usually expected that your children are dependant on you till they turn 18 and become adults legally. It is not compulsory you add your parents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:23am On Jun 20
stKorea:

Thanks for this, also there some document I uploaded but the space provided on the checklist couldn't contain all the uploaded document..

Can I just limit it to the space given on the checklist or I should write everything out regardless of the space provided on checklist?

Lump some documents together and put them in one box. Just batch the documents so that the spaces provided will be adequate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:25am On Jun 20
iamademola:

@cash madam thanks for your response, we are trying to apply for administrative review , even tho we can reapply we just want to try to apply for administrative review and see the outcome. Do you know the website UKVI Always visit to verify sole custody documents ? The document is genuine all we need is to upload it to the right website where they can see it , this website is what we don’t know and our lawyer is not even helping matters. If you have an idea please share . Thank you

Unfortunately, I don't know where you can send the documents to. However, since you have applied for administrative review, resend the document. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:27am On Jun 20
onile1975:
@ madamcash, pls I need ur response

Do you have any travel history? N650K a month is not a fortune these days...With 5 previous refusals, travel history will really help your case. If you don't have any travel history, I suggest you travel to another Country before you reapply.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by somebody1: 12:04pm On Jun 20
Please for those that picked Port Harcourt location. Note that there is no provision for assisted service. Upload your documents yourself before going for your appointment. Go along with your appointment slip/ mail, passport, photocopy of passport( it is optional though) and your document checklist. That's all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kksamm: 1:06pm On Jun 20
Hello everyone.

Please, I'd like to ask if it is advisable to apply for the 10 years long term UK visit visa. My 2 year visa has expired. Within the 2 year period, I traveled to the UK for up to 5 times and my stay there on each visit is 3 days on the average. I live within the EU, and have family members in the UK that I frequently visit. I also visit for purposes, like business conferences, etc.

Please, is it advisable to apply for 10 years long term or 5 years?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:14pm On Jun 20
kksamm:
Please, I'd like to ask if it is advisable to apply for the 10 years long term UK visit visa. My 2 year visa has expired. Within the 2 year period, I traveled to the UK for up to 5 times and my stay there on each visit is 3 days on the average. I live within the EU, and have family members in the UK that I frequently visit. I also visit for purposes, like business conferences, etc.
10 years
No need to mention using the visa for business conferences pls. It is irrelevant and can bring up unwanted problems.
10 years is fine to apply for

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrphilia: 1:49pm On Jun 20
Good day everyone, please I was going through my things and I found out that my expired passport with no valid visa was no where to be found but I got my renewed passport which I did last year with me. Should I be worried? ☹️☹️☹️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 2:04pm On Jun 20
Cashmadam:

Do you have any travel history? N650K a month is not a fortune these days...With 5 previous refusals, travel history will really help your case. If you don't have any travel history, I suggest you travel to another Country before you reapply.
madamcash, are you saying that UK those not grant visa for applicant with virgin passport, because most people in this house get their first visa on Virgin passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kksamm: 2:17pm On Jun 20
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kksamm: 2:21pm On Jun 20
Thank you @giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:22pm On Jun 20
onile1975:
madamcash, are you saying that UK those not grant visa for applicant with virgin passport, because most people in this house get their first visa on Virgin passport
One person with 5 UK visa refusals does not fall under virgin passport in any ramification. Not 1, not 2… 5… There is a hurdle to surmount in your case and this is nowhere a case of a person with no travel history. You sound defensive and if believing virgin passport is the same category as yourself pls feel free to apply without taking any advice from this thread.
For any ECO to grant you a visa with this history from the same UK it would take a lot of proving to do to not add on a 6th visa refusal. This is unecessary.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Islamiat01: 8:20pm On Jun 20
Please guyz, does anyone has a link I can use to track my visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rimini: 8:30pm On Jun 20
Hello, please I'm an NYSC Corp member planning to write an exam in uk in September. I have 5m sponsorship for a 2 week trip and my sponsor has enough funds. They've sent the money to me and indicated this in the sponsorship letter. I have a good travel history. Been to the US 3x and south Africa 1x. How else can I prove ties to Nigeria, with putting a letter from my employers at my PPA be enough??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:26pm On Jun 20
Rimini:
Hello, please I'm an NYSC Corp member planning to write an exam in uk in September. I have 5m sponsorship for a 2 week trip and my sponsor has enough funds. They've sent the money to me and indicated this in the sponsorship letter. I have a good travel history. Been to the US 3x and south Africa 1x. How else can I prove ties to Nigeria, with putting a letter from my employers at my PPA be enough??

That should help. Your travel history to the US will also help. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:29pm On Jun 20
Mrphilia:
Good day everyone, please I was going through my things and I found out that my expired passport with no valid visa was no where to be found but I got my renewed passport which I did last year with me. Should I be worried? ☹️☹️☹️

Don't worry. If the lost passport had no existing or expired visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:29pm On Jun 20
kksamm:
Hello everyone.

You can apply for 10 years.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:34pm On Jun 20
onile1975:

With your 5 visa denials, you need to put in x5 effort to convince the visa officer that you merit the visa.

And to answer your question. Yes, you can get a UK visa on a virgin passport.

The issue with denials is that the more denials you have, the more difficult it is to get the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thastie(f): 11:00pm On Jun 20
Guys, please what can I do?
I just received this terrible news. My mom’s visa was refused

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:04am On Jun 21
Thastie:
Guys, please what can I do?
I just received this terrible news. My mom’s visa was refused

Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. Mum's income is considered low
2. Mum's monthly expenses are considered too high compared to her income
3. It appears Mum is self employed and the visa officer is not convinced about that.

if you can provide more information about her personal and economic circumstances, maybe we can advise you on next steps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rimini: 12:24am On Jun 21
Cashmadam:

That should help. Your travel history to the US will also help. Good luck!

Thank you. I'll keep the group posted

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rimini: 5:37am On Jun 21
Ayobamichemical:

Thank you #Cashmadam. I appreciate your comment.
He will upload a support letter from his supervisor at work for the weeks of leave approval that indicates his return date of duties in response to your inquiry about proofing his return. In addition, he will upload his NYSC PPA letter, which shows a probable discharge date of October 31st. He plans his visit from September 19th to October 2nd (~approximately 2 weeks). He will not be requesting funds into his account as POF again, as advised by you to avoid account padding, but he stated his yearly additional income from family to be N420k and will be uploading only his brother's, who is fully sponsoring his trip, financial details (payslips, UK employment letter, BRP document). Kindly give your advice and any suggestions about the application now.

Hello, please I'm hearing some things about how NYSC members are not allowed to travel to the UK during their service year. Please do you know anyone who is a Corp member who this UK visitor's visa has worked for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rimini: 5:42am On Jun 21
Hello, please I'm hearing Corp members are not allowed to travel to the UK during their service year? Please is it true? I'll be traveling for examination... As my account contains the allowance from NYSC and my employer... Should I make sure I state this in a visa application? Please I'm so confused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:30am On Jun 21
Rimini:
Hello, please I'm hearing Corp members are not allowed to travel to the UK during their service year? Please is it true? I'll be traveling for examination... As my account contains the allowance from NYSC and my employer... Should I make sure I state this in a visa application? Please I'm so confused
What exam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (660) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: somebody1, alert20 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.