Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,525 members, 7,895,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:26 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (924384 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (660) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrphilia: 8:01am On Jun 21
Cashmadam:

Don't worry. If the lost passport had no existing or expired visa

Good morning, There are expired visas (A UK transit visa and an expired Jamaican visa) it? Should I be worried? Though someone advised me to get an affidavit and police report
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:48am On Jun 21
Mrphilia:

Good morning, There are expired visas (A UK transit visa and an expired Jamaican visa) it? Should I be worried? Though someone advised me to get an affidavit and police report

Good morning. Yes, get the documents just in case. I really don't think you need to be worried. Just try and remember when you got the visas and the period the visas covered
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:51am On Jun 21
Rimini:

Hello, please I'm hearing some things about how NYSC members are not allowed to travel to the UK during their service year. Please do you know anyone who is a Corp member who this UK visitor's visa has worked for?

2 weeks is too long to write an exam.... How many days do you really need for the exam? Let's start from there.

I don't know about this NYSC thing you are talking about. Perharps others can help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thastie(f): 8:51am On Jun 21
Cashmadam:

Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. Mum's income is considered low
2. Mum's monthly expenses are considered too high compared to her income
3. It appears Mum is self employed and the visa officer is not convinced about that.

if you can provide more information about her personal and economic circumstances, maybe we can advise you on next steps.

My mom sells clothes and jewellery; she’s been doing this close to 3 decades. She used to have a restaurant but she leased it out and makes 400k yearly. Honestly, I can’t quantify how much she earns yearly, cos she receives cash most times.
I actually wrote it in the letter that I will be paying for everything regarding this journey.
We included the documents for her shop and also that my mom is still married to my dad and she will be returning home to her husband and grandchildren
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:45am On Jun 21
Thastie:

My mom sells clothes and jewellery; she’s been doing this close to 3 decades. She used to have a restaurant but she leased it out and makes 400k yearly. Honestly, I can’t quantify how much she earns yearly, cos she receives cash most times.
I actually wrote it in the letter that I will be paying for everything regarding this journey.
We included the documents for her shop and also that my mom is still married to my dad and she will be returning home to her husband and grandchildren

In that case, she is a petty trader so make that clear in the next application. include pictures of her and her husband/grandchildren. If she has any property, include evidence of that too.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thastie(f): 10:33am On Jun 21
Cashmadam:

In that case, she is a petty trader so make that clear in the next application. include pictures of her and her husband/grandchildren. If she has any property, include evidence of that too.
I included all pictures; my birthday pictures in her shop, my mom’s pictures in her shop(both when she was younger and now), local government yearly fee for the shop(2019 to 2023), pictures of my mom and dad, at my wedding, with her grandchildren. On my graduation day. Everything. It really frustrating. I think I will make a complaint

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:05am On Jun 21
Thastie:

I included all pictures; my birthday pictures in her shop, my mom’s pictures in her shop(both when she was younger and now), local government yearly fee for the shop(2019 to 2023), pictures of my mom and dad, at my wedding, with her grandchildren. On my graduation day. Everything. It really frustrating. I think I will make a complaint

Try again and add a cover letter to address the issues raised.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thastie(f): 11:08am On Jun 21
Cashmadam:

Good luck!
Should I wait for months to try again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thastie(f): 12:15pm On Jun 21
Cashmadam:

Good luck!

How soon should I reapply please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:46pm On Jun 21
Thastie:

How soon should I reapply please?

You can reapply as soon as you have all the documents you need.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thastie(f): 12:49pm On Jun 21
Cashmadam:

You can reapply as soon as you have all the documents you need.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by luthobie: 1:10pm On Jun 21
DennisW:
I received a decision letter 7 days ago, can I go to the TLS tomorrow with the decision letter to pick up my passport, I want to use to reapply and address the reason for refusal immediately.

Have you gotten an email to pick up your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oasmart: 9:07pm On Jun 21
Good day folks, please what should I go for tourism or conference which one is easier virgin passport?.... looking forward to your answers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abubakar123olat: 11:35pm On Jun 21
Please is there any minimum amount of documents i can upload during my uk visa application when I am filing the application?

quote author=thelma76 post=120629196]

No. When you get to TLS and they are doing the initial review of your docs, just tell them you want to add an additional document you forgot to upload. You’ll pay sha, the same price you’d have paid for assisted service initially, which in my opinion, is so annoying. I think it’s about 13k approximately. They’d make the upload on your behalf.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abubakar123olat: 11:40pm On Jun 21
Please is there any minimum amount of documents i can upload during my uk visa application when I am filing the application?

And also can I just scan by myself the documents and then upload it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmbFitsaint(m): 7:24am On Jun 22
Rimini:
Hello, please I'm hearing Corp members are not allowed to travel to the UK during their service year? Please is it true? I'll be traveling for examination... As my account contains the allowance from NYSC and my employer... Should I make sure I state this in a visa application? Please I'm so confused

I guess it is plab u are going for . Ideally, corpers should get permission from the DG when going outside the country. The process may take a while.

NYSC is a tie to Nigeria. Just your employer to write a letter of leave absence for you .

Plab2 visa is rarely rejected

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sexybeautiful: 9:46am On Jun 22
I was refused UK visa l travelled last 12 years ago. I submitted all required documents including investment. Was refused because the l spent more than my stated monthly expenditure in the Last 6 months. I normally don't leave money in my salary account so l only kept for two months. Please advise what to do.

I had money in other account but used only salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 9:47am On Jun 22
Jadella:

I did not upload mine and my visa was granted.
@ jadela
Pls what year did you got the visa and much was your monthly income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadella(f): 9:50am On Jun 22
onile1975:
@ jadela
Pls what year did you got the visa and much was your monthly income?
I got my visa on the 14th of June and I didn't submit my bank statements, just that of my boyfriend and his payslips.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 10:07am On Jun 22
Sexybeautiful:
I was refused UK visa l travelled last 12 years ago. I submitted all required documents including investment. Was refused because the l spent more than my stated monthly expenditure in the Last 6 months. I normally don't leave money in my salary account so l only kept for two months. Please advise what to do.

I had money in other account but used only salary.
@ sexy beautiful
Pls send the copy of ur refusal letter? I want to be clear about 6monthly expenditure,them how much is ur monthly expenditure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rimini: 10:25am On Jun 22
AmbFitsaint:

I guess it is plab u are going for . Ideally, corpers should get permission from the DG when going outside the country. The process may take a while.

NYSC is a tie to Nigeria. Just your employer to write a letter of leave absence for you .

Plab2 visa is rarely rejected

Thank you. I have decided not to even mention it. I am currently working in a government hospital subsidiary too. So I will use my salary account there to show I have a job as well as the introduction letter and letter of leave. The NYSC salary and the government facility salary can't sponsor the trip but they can prove home ties. So i'll just indicate both as my salary. I have a sponsor and their account is very healthy so I have left it at that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 10:28am On Jun 22
Jadella:

I got my visa on the 14th of June and I didn't submit my bank statements, just that of my boyfriend and his payslips.
@jadella
Did u apply at iKeja or Victoria island?

2) how much is monthly salary on pay slip?

3have u travel out before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadella(f): 11:23am On Jun 22
onile1975:

@jadella
Did u apply at iKeja or Victoria island?

2) how much is monthly salary on pay slip?

3)what job u do?
1. Port Harcourt Centre
2. My boyfriend's monthly salary was enough to sponsor me, though he didn't have any savings but his payslips showed he had enough to fully sponsor me.
3. I am self employed.
4. I have been to Ghana( only travel experience I have)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Vickyteddy: 12:38pm On Jun 22
how soon can one reapply for a visit visa to attend a programme after a refusal, based on bank statement not convincing enough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beautyuche: 12:58pm On Jun 22
Guru in the house kindly advice. I was refused visa in 2022 now filling the form should I state the full reason as written on the refusal letter?

Right now I just wrote that "I was denied because details on my application did not convince the visa officer at that time."

I am now at additional information what am I to write here to convince my
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 1:08pm On Jun 22
Jadella:

1. Port Harcourt Centre
2. My boyfriend's monthly salary was enough to sponsor me, though he didn't have any savings but his payslips showed he had enough to fully sponsor me.
3. I am self employed.
4. I have been to Ghana( only travel experience I have)
@jadella
Did u went to Ghana by road or by flight?
2) how much in pounce did u say u want to spend for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oyesquare10: 1:28pm On Jun 22
Hi everyone, please I have a friend currently in the UK for visit (he works with a company here in the UK, so the company sponsored his visit). He's here till August, and he wants his wife and Son to also come by July so they all go back by August.
Could anyone advise if this is visible in terms of Visa approval?
The wife is currently into business but not registered whatsoever, have some personal savings and they both have a land to their name. Would this be enough home ties for her and the Son.
And does she have to mention that they'll be joining her husband in UK or she should apply neutrally.
She also has a sister in UK who's on work Visa, will it be more proper if the sister invites her?
Please I would appreciate any advice on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadella(f): 1:52pm On Jun 22
onile1975:

@jadella
Did u went to Ghana by road or by flight?
2) how much in pounce did u say u want to spend for the trip?
1. I travelled by air.
2. I said I was personally spending £1.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 2:04pm On Jun 22
Jadella:

1. I travelled by air.
2. I said I was personally spending £1.
@ jadela

Is it ur boyfriend that will sponsor all the travel expenses?
2) Did u saying £1000 or what do mean by £1. ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadella(f): 2:15pm On Jun 22
onile1975:

@ jadela

Is it ur boyfriend that will sponsor all the travel expenses?
2) Did u saying £1000 or what do mean by £1. ?
1. Yes, my boyfriend sponsored my whole trip.
2. The part where I was asked "how much are they paying towards the trip", I put in £2000. The part I was asked "how much are you personally paying towards the trip, I put in £1. You get the difference now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tobinofadipe: 2:32pm On Jun 22
Hello house,
Is there anyone who did their biometrics between June 1st to June 10th that has gotten a decision, standard application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 2:49pm On Jun 22
Jadella:

1. Yes, my boyfriend sponsored my whole trip.
2. The part where I was asked "how much are they paying towards the trip", I put in £2000. The part I was asked "how much are you personally paying towards the trip, I put in £1. You get the difference now?

@dadella thanks for your response

How did u answer this question?
Give details of the main purpose of your visit and anything else you plan to do on your trip.
2) did u add ur sponsor passport data page to the application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (660) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.