Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:40 PM

Living In Glory I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living In Glory I (144 Views)

When I Come In My Glory, I Shall Reward Every Man According To His Works - Jesus / RCCG Holy Ghost Service February 2019 - Swimming In Glory 2 / Holy Ghost Service January 2019 - Swimming In Glory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Living In Glory I by kpakpandoN(m): 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2022
It is difficult to describe God's glory as it is a combination of the great power, splendour and holiness that accompany God's presence, as well as its effects on man. Glory is one of the major attributes of God; it is a manifestation of His presence. Since man was created in the image of God, glory was originally part of his nature. However, when man embraced sin, the inherent glory of God departed. Romans 3:23 therefore says, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Sin did not only tamper with man’s glory, it wreaked more havoc by also producing shame.

A glorious life is so wonderful that Genesis 2:25 said of Adam and Eve, And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. Though Adam and Eve were physically naked, they were covered with glory – that was why they did not know shame. It was absolutely impossible for them to experience shame. However, in Genesis 3:7-10, after sin entered, fear gripped them; they suddenly discovered they were naked and had to hide due to shame. From the fall of man in the Garden of Eden to date, every human being who ever lived without being born again, wallowed in the realm of shame. According to Proverbs 3:35, glory is the opposite of shame. Quite simply, glory is the atmosphere of heaven on earth. Glory is both the beauty and power of God; it was lost at Eden but was regained at Calvary. Jesus came to redeem mankind and give those who accept Him the hope of glory, according to Romans 5:2.

Isaiah 60:1 tells us to arise and shine because, with the presence of Gods glory, nothing can hinder the rising of a child of God. I therefore pray for you: Today, you will rise and begin to shine, in Jesus name.

There is nothing glorious about sickness, poverty, a sinful lifestyle, backsliding, bondage, and failure. Children of God must be determined to live above these problems, swimming daily in glory. Today, Mark 5:25-34 shows a classic example of a person who encountered Jesus Christ and was relocated from the realm of wallowing in shame to that of swimming in glory. Beloved, come to Jesus today and surrender all to Him so you can also become a candidate for Gods glory (Colossians 1:27).
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

The Help Of God Part 3 / Catholic Church Suspend Priest Who Banned Igbo Songs / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Wednesday, February 9,2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.