Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,478 members, 7,911,131 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:45 AM

Urgent Help Needed!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent Help Needed!!! (250 Views)

Urgent Help Needed / I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) / Help Needed Urgently(nairaland Ladies Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed!!! by Fostercat(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2022
Hello All
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I need help
Thank you for all the good work you are doing.

Where I live here in Lagos, whenever I pay my house rent I usually pay for utility bill including for water. The owner of the house connected our water pump direct, bypassing the meter,this I am not aware because I pay for water, thinking they are using the money for subscription. Ikeja electric distribution people came on Friday and disconnected us for power because they found out the water pump is connected direct and nobody was at home and they did not leave any contact. I don't know what the penalty is. I want to use this medium to ask the house if anyone have had this kind of experience and how was it sorted out. We have been in darkness since Friday and it has not been easy running Gen althrough.

Thanks as I await feed back.
Re: Urgent Help Needed!!! by Tokskob2008: 11:15am On Feb 06, 2022
Your house will pay heavily for it.

Same happened in my area and the affected houses paid a lot of money. The least amount paid was #200k because they calculated a rough estimated billing of close to #50k per month for at least a year but then people negotiated and once both parties come to an agreement then you pay up and have your light restored with serious warnings not to do so again.

The money isn't actually the only difficult issue there but the stress of going and coming to there office. They will stress you guys out a lot.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed!!! by frozen70(f): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2022
Fostercat:
Hello All
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I need help
Thank you for all the good work you are doing.

Where I live here in Lagos, whenever I pay my house rent I usually pay for utility bill including for water. The owner of the house connected our water pump direct, bypassing the meter,this I am not aware because I pay for water, thinking they are using the money for subscription. Ikeja electric distribution people came on Friday and disconnected us for power because they found out the water pump is connected direct and nobody was at home and they did not leave any contact. I don't know what the penalty is. I want to use this medium to ask the house if anyone have had this kind of experience and how was it sorted out. We have been in darkness since Friday and it has not been easy running Gen althrough.

Thanks as I await feed back.

If you take it upon yourself, both the landlord and the rest will leave it for you

Let those who did that illegal connection sort it out

When they come to you for money to bribe them

Tell them that you have been paying water bills and never knew that the bills was never paid to the appropriate authorities

So you have already paid your dues

In the issue of running generator, it's your choice of life style, others are enduring the situation so if you cant endure then switch to Gen

They will sort themselves out just ignore the problem they cause after all its not as if the house belongs to you or you caused the illegal connection

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed!!! by ibechris(m): 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
Penalty is is #200,000 to 250k.

My neighbours were caught also and that is what they were billed.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed!!! by FriendsAndFans(m): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
Penalty is 200k. Nothing to fret about

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happiness Is When You Don't Sleep on a Holiday - [Saudi Arabia Vlog] / Our Women Deserve Better / What To Do At The Airport With Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.