Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,842 members, 7,979,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 09:35 PM

Any Fornicators Like Esau? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Fornicators Like Esau? (406 Views)

Igbos Are Like Esau/edom More Of Descendants!! / Who And Where Is ESAU/EDOM Today? / What Do Fornicators Mean By One Thing Led To Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Fornicators Like Esau? by judedwriter(m): 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hebrews 12
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁶ Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

¹⁷ For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

In the above scripture, Esau was compared to a fornicator, a person who practices fornication.

Esau, being the first to come out of the womb before his twin Jacob, was entitled to his father's final blessing. This blessing was a very special blessing because it would determine the destiny of the 1st born son or birthright.

However, for some flimsy and careless reasons, Esau spiritually sold out his father's blessing for a plate of food. He sold his destiny to his junior brother because of temporary hunger.

Genesis 25
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁹ And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
³⁰ And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
³¹ And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
³² And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
³³ And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
³⁴ Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

Since the spiritual controls the physical, on the day of his glory, Esau mysteriously missed out on his inheritance. He had earlier sold-out his blessing and now had to settle for crumbs from the master's table.

The author of the book of Hebrews, likened Esau to a fornicator. Esau was an epitome or prototype of a fornicator. He had the attributes of a fornicator:

1. Because of temporary hunger for immediate satisfaction, he sold out his destiny to Jacob.

Fornicators out of temporary lust for immediate sexual satisfaction, sell out their destinies for nothing. Each time you engage in sexual immorality, you are losing precious blessings to the devil. You are sacrificing your destiny on an altar to satan.

2. Esau cried bitterly when he discovered what he lost, but he couldn't get it back.

Like Esau, Fornicators cry bitterly in life over what they have lost unknowingly to fornication. Fornicators lose so much blessings to the devil when they fornicate. This is why many fornicators find it difficult to progress well, succeed well and get rich in life.

If you are living in fornication (or masturbation) and you are reading this, there is still hope for you. You can still repossess all the blessings you have lost:

1. Surrender your life to Jesus. Ask Him to be your lord and saviour.

2. Repent of your sin of fornication. Repentance means forsaking completely. It's only when we repent, that we can be forgiven.

3. Do personal deliverance by fasting, reading out scriptures, warfare prayers, etc.

4. Seek God's blessings afresh especially by praising Him.

Re: Any Fornicators Like Esau? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2022
Great stuff. May God be with us and help us. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Do God’s Work Lackadaisically / Finished Works Of Christ: What It Means. / What Happens To Footballers Who Lied About Age After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.