Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 03:02 AM

This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage (30528 Views)

Ladies, What Are The Qualities You Want A Man To Have Before Dating Him? / Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One / Ladies: This Is Why U Must Investigate A Guys Source Of Income Before Dating Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by SugarGirl44(f): 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
vickydevoka:

90% Nigerian girls have mood disorder
So you've dated/been with 90% of Nigerian girls, that's around say, 30million girls.
Wow!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Help2020: 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
Fashionista01:

So want the person to marry such and be killed.
Let us be reasonable, how can put your life at risk in the name of marriage.
so people with anxiety disorders,mood disorders and
schizophrenia disorders are killers now? My God.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by OandA777: 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
ASHTAROTH:

Have you heard of paranoid schizophrenia?
I will suggest you do your research before you make definitive or claim a statement as factual!

I know what schizophrenia is trust me. You're the confused one. What you wrote about your girl does not mean she has schizophrenia. You actually need to read more about it. I rest my case.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by TheFutureIsHere: 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Of course they can marry but they shouldn't be selfish to not seek professional help before settling down thereby bothering another person's child to be stressed for life.
Or their parents should do the needful to care for their problematic child before releasing to the public.
Life is hard enough, nobody needs to add another person's curable disorder to theirs.
this one must be a very wicked Lady. By their fruit we shall know them sha undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Help2020: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Of course they can marry but they shouldn't be selfish to not seek professional help before settling down thereby bothering another person's child to be stressed for life.
Or their parents should do the needful to care for their problematic child before releasing to the public.
Life is hard enough, nobody needs to add another person's curable disorder to theirs.
The irony here is that you're a woman,and women suffers from mental disorder more. Are you aware that 90 percent of woman suffers from psychological problems during their messes? Pray hard o.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2022
safarigirl:

If you cannot handle the possibility of your partner having a mental health disorder before marriage, I can assure you that if it happens in marriage, you will run away from the marriage.

Imagine your wife has Post Partum Depression, how will you handle it, when you have decided to dedicate your life to avoiding mental health issues, rather than confronting them? What if you have a child that has to deal with anxiety? Will you say nobody should marry that child?

You don't even know if you have NPD, maybe that is why you think yourself too perfect for another person with mental health issues. You think it is all mental health issues that are blatant?
So, in summary, people should start settling for mentally unstable people in order to understand how to handle such in case it gets worse in the index relationship or subsequent ones grin grin
Please go back to your write up again?
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Help2020: 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2022
Fashionista01:

So want the person to marry such and be killed.
Let us be reasonable, how can put your life at risk in the name of marriage.
The irony here is that you're a woman,and women suffers from mental disorder more. Are you aware that 90 percent of woman suffers from psychological problems during their messes? Pray hard o.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by OandA777: 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2022
ASHTAROTH:

Have you heard of paranoid schizophrenia?
I will suggest you do your research before you make definitive or claim a statement as factual!

What meds was your girl on? How do you know she has schizophrenia?? For how long? When was she diagnosed? Your girl most probably had or has issues like most girls do. Someone who has schizophrenia does not act like that. She must have been suspecting you of being a cultist for a reason? As for Fighting her mum, most girls with issues fight everyone. Get used It. I hope she's well sorted now tho. Peace.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by TheFutureIsHere: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
Help2020:

never mind her. Maybe she's still a kid(mama's girl) undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by GauRanTor(m): 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
Tutu82:

Everyone deserves to be loved irrespective of their mental state.This can also be managed with medication,support from family and friends plus counselling.It is expensive and rare in Nigeria i agree but if you look for help then you will find it.

Would you be singing the same tune if it was a family member that had mental health issues?.

For the religious ones quoting mental health is for unbelievers priests rape young altar boys and pastors have raped choir members so i guess God went on holiday that period.
This article clearly shows more mental health awareness is needed in Nigeria.

We are all “mad” here some are just unable to handle their stress levels so same difference.

Love your Neigbour as yourself,cut people some slack and try to stay positive.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by SugarGirl44(f): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
Help2020:

You're saying something entirely different here.
Hormonal changes and psychological/personality disorders are not in the same category at all.
Or have you heard of menstruating women misbehaving to the point of being violent on their partners?
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Justinlean02(m): 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
Who here knows about maladaptive daydreaming?
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by SugarGirl44(f): 9:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
TheFutureIsHere:
this one must be a very wicked Lady. By their fruit we shall know them sha undecided
Lol. Nigerians sha!
So for advising someone to seek professional help for a disorder is now wickedness?
Wow!
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by OandA777: 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2022
Help2020:
so people with anxiety disorders,mood disorders and
schizophrenia disorders are killers now? My God.

Thabk you. My point exactly!!! Most people with these illnesses aren't even violent.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Stynkyng: 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
Dorime
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by pulsa(m): 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
OandA777:

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia last year. There's a difference between schizophrenia and paranoia or being insecure. My guy your girl was not really mad most girls are like that. I hope your post is true tho. Cause these days people post anything for clout.

There's a type of schizophrenia called paranoid schizophrenia.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:
So what happens to unconditional love?
This post screams selfishness, selfishness, selfishness!

Anxiety, mood disorders and schizophrenia disorders happen to people, and they can be managed.
What if you were the one with any of the disorders? undecided
Abeg make una getat
No vex grin abeg which of them is doin u?
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Help2020: 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
SugarGirl44:

You're saying something entirely different here.
Hormonal changes and psychological/personality disorders are not in the same category at all.
Or have you heard of menstruating women misbehaving to the point of being violent on their partners?
Do you even know what hormones does? Lol..
And you're not even aware that hormonal imbalance are responsible for most of this conditions? So you don't knw menstruating women can become violent? No wonder you post that nonsense and still have the enfrontry to defend it.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by cayorday89(m): 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Anxiety, mood disorders and schizophrenia disorders happen to people, and they can be managed.
Abeg make una getat
Don't you think checking that does not mean outright rejection but you as a partner knowing and helping your partner manage it and also to be safe in your own part?
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Fashionista01(f): 9:26pm On Feb 09, 2022
Help2020:

We can start by taking the statistics of how many mad women and men on the street. To be pretty sure of ur statement.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by OandA777: 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
pulsa:

There's a type of schizophrenia called paranoid schizophrenia.

Agreed!
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by TheFutureIsHere: 9:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Lol. Nigerians sha!
So for advising someone to seek professional help for a disorder is now wickedness?
Wow!
don't you know menstruation causes madness in women. you must not know everything. that's why we have Devine doctors, not quack doctors oo. If you lack medical knowledge, meet a divine doctor to help out. Many of us are here on Nairaland undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Help2020: 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
Fashionista01:

We can start by taking the statistics of how many mad women and men on the street. To be pretty sure of ur statement.
So this one is categorizing all mental disorder as madness. Sorry you have won. I ought to know better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by SugarGirl44(f): 9:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
Help2020:

Do you even know what hormones does? Lol..
And you're not even aware that hormonal imbalance are responsible for most of this conditions? So you don't knw menstruating women can become violent? No wonder you post that nonsense and still have the enfrontry to defend it.

You're the one spilling trash here.
So menstruation has now been added to the list of psychological disorders according to you.
So each time your wife and sisters menstruate, they slap you? You even need the slap sef.
You really need help as your name implies.
Go get it fast.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by Help2020: 9:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
TheFutureIsHere:
don't you know menstruation causes madness in women. you must not know everything. that's why we have Devine doctors, not quack doctors oo. If you lack medical knowledge, meet a divine doctor to help out. Many of us are here on Nairaland undecided
Same thing I told her. She is clearly not aware that they(women) suffers more mental disorder than men.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by SugarGirl44(f): 9:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
TheFutureIsHere:
You really need to see a doctor.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by TheFutureIsHere: 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2022
SugarGirl44:

You really need to see a doctor.
how can a doctor see a doctor who does that undecided
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by ukaface(f): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
TheABOMINATION:
This should serve as a lesson to Nigerian girls that insist on dating a muscled guy instead of a man with big stomach, you will have to take the good with the bad that accompanies it.
a muscled man is less mentally healthy than a pot bellied man??
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by ukaface(f): 9:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Abeg make una getat
you really can stay with a schizophrenic lady? Make you jam the one wey get catatonic or hebephrenic schizophrenia.
It's not selfishness, you're simply looking out for yourself.
It's not easy managing schizophrenia.
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by koolaid87: 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Ignorance is bliss.

Its better to be aware and confirm if the person with the mental disorder is going through therapy.

You’d be damned if you chose to be foolish and be deceived by the term "unconditional love" without doing your due diligence.

quote author=TalkTalkTwins post=110096228]So what happens to unconditional love?

Abeg make una getat[/quote]
Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by TheFutureIsHere: 10:07pm On Feb 09, 2022
Help2020:

Same thing I told her. She is clearly not aware that they(women) suffers more mental disorder than men.
women are psychologically Mad. If you see what my Sister is doing at home, you'll have mercy on Ladies undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage by safarigirl(f): 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

So, in summary, people should start settling for mentally unstable people in order to understand how to handle such in case it gets worse in the index relationship or subsequent ones grin grin
Please go back to your write up again?

You would not know a mentally unstable person if you saw them.

Honest question, if you meet someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, how would you know? If you meet someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, how would you know?

I am genuinely curious, based on your research, can you spot someone with ADHD? And would you be able to tell the difference between OCD and NPD?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FFK: Any Man Who Doesn't Give His Lady At Least N2M For Christmas Is In Trouble / Christmas Outing At Olumo Rock. (myself N Bae) / Who would you marry? The one you love or the one who loves you.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.