Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,209 members, 7,873,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:25 PM

A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) (44940 Views)

Lord Lugards Invation Of Kano Empire 1899 / School Friends Who Travelled Abroad Share 4-Year Throwback Photo / Who Sold Nigeria To The British For £865k In 1899? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by heniford2: 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
Facts that Eboe land is landlocked?

That it is a dot in a circle?
What! ahha! You want to start on this shifting from the mean post grin cheesy okey igbos will still show you fact that we are not dot like u think or a landlock grin we have Azu miri from Abia state that links to Atlantic ocean

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by heniford2: 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

No its not possible. They can't because they have been so much lied to by their fathers and Media that the real pictures of their ancestors is frightening to them.
Except you want them to get convulsions.

Only if you know how ashamed they are whenever they see old pictures of their ancestors like the ones I posted here.
hmm i see your point here

1 Like

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2022
heniford2:
What! ahha! You want to start on this shifting from the mean post grin cheesy okey igbos will still show you fact that we are not dot like u think or a landlock grin we have Azu miri from Abia state that links to Atlantic ocean
What did you quote? Did you not read it before quoting> No one shifted any post
Yes even the People of Kebbi state have the River Niger that links the Atlantic
So?
Eboe land is in the same category as Lokoja . Landlocked and was not in a position to control the slave trade as was falsely claimed
No one sailed up your Azumimi to buy slaves

Eboe slaves were TAKEN away by their Ijaw and Efik overlord to Calabar and Bonny .

So why claim that Eboes controlled slave trade. They were simply the merchandise being sold by their overlords

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
So?
Eboe land is in the same category as Lokoja . Landlocked and was not in a position to control the slave trade as was falsely claimed

Eboe slaves were TAKEN away by their Ijaw and Efik overlord to Calabar and Bonny .

So why claim that Eboes controlled slave trade. They were simply the merchandise being sold by their overlords
"Overlords" that you manufactured in your Ogbomosho hut.
Any proof Afonja? I ask you, any proof?

Hiding from one minority skirt to the other throwing lies when the same Minorities have this to say about Ndigbo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by heniford2: 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
So?

kia!! Your sense is still far i thought your smart buh e no reach anything, anyway you have tried go and rest okey, Use old Nigeria Google to check igbo territories before the useless Infusion of This nonsense called south south hyped by ur useless leaders to break Eastern people.

1 Like

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2022
heniford2:
kia!! Your sense is still far i thought your smart buh e no reach anything, anyway you have tried go and rest okey, Use old Nigeria Google to check igbo territories before the useless Infusion of This nonsense called south south hyped by ur useless leaders to break Eastern people.
Eboe Slaves were taken away to Calabar , Bonny and Forcados by their overlords from Itsekiri, Ijaw and Arochookyou

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by IPIGSRMUMUS: 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hahaha. this can never be Ijebu. And Ijebu is not Lagos.

Go to Ijebu, go and see Chief Adeola Odutola colonial majestic castle like building still standing and well maintained till date.

Two things you can not associate with the Yoruba; unclothedness and Cannibalism.

Yoruba don't have a history of walking naked and cannibalism.

And here is why; the Yoruba have centuries old cloth weaving technology called Ofi or Asooke and the yoruba have always had food in abundance because there is abundance of water bodies and land. That is why the Yoruba are not land locked and barren.

Those two are never part of Yoruba culture.

Thanks for educating those Mkpuru mirri cannibals.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:16pm On Feb 11, 2022
heniford2:
Here it is.
The map presented by the British in 1911 before they amalgamated this cesspit

cc aribisala0

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

Here it is.
The map used presented by the British in 1911 before they amalgamated this cesspit

cc aribisala0
According to you and IPOB ? Save those tales for your village ilo

Eboe land is landlocked

Eboe slaves were taken to Calabar , Bonny and Forcados

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2022
After presenting the original pictures of Yorubas living inside grasses and their prince's wearing Animal skins, the Yorubas have been scared to bring forth their usual lies born out of inferiority complex.

Can't any of you post pictures of your horses again?
Ndi ara

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
According to you and IPOB ? Save those tales for your village ilo

Eboe land is landlocked

Eboe slaves were taken to Calabar , Bonny and Forcados
Keep crying while hiding under my own skirt. Atleast I now know where you are.

Coward, see the umbrella Seriki sold 40 Yoruba people for

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

Keep crying while hiding under my own skirt. Atleast I now know where you are.

Coward, see the umbrella Seriki sold 40 Yoruba people for
Landlocked
The Eboes were sold by smaller more civilized groups like the Calabar ,Bonny and Edo for centuries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:

Landlocked
The Eboes were sold by smaller more civilized groups like the Calabar ,Bonny and Edo for centuries
While you keep on lying, I baptise you with facts about your pathetic Yoruba history.
Just look at the worth of your Yoruba ancestors during slave trade. Yoruba Slaves were so worthless that they were counted in tens. That is the minimum for sale is ten
Testaments from Seriki Abass of Badagry below

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by heniford2: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

Here it is.
The map used presented by the British in 1911 before they amalgamated this cesspit

cc aribisala0
i was expecting the ogorogo guy to dig it up looks like his far from sense thanks Nwanne madu.. Am grateful for you have being educative here spilling it out like i learnt alot today am proud to be called Igbo an African from West Africa am proud of my heritage it may not sound beautiful but I'm overwhelmed with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2022
heniford2:
i was expecting the ogorogo guy to dig it up looks like his far from sense thanks Nwanne madu.. Am grateful for you have being educative here spilling it out like i learnt alot today am proud to be called Igbo an African from West Africa am proud of my heritage it may not sound beautiful but I'm overwhelmed with it.
You are welcome.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

While you keep on lying, I baptise you with facts about your pathetic Yoruba history.
Just look at the worth of your Yoruba ancestors during slave trade. Yoruba Slaves were so worthless that they were counted in tens. That is the minimum for sale is ten
Testaments from Seriki Abass of Badagry below

Calabar Bonny Forcados

controlled by smaller but more civilized people who sold off Eboe slaves for centuries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
[s]
aribisala0:

Calabar Bonny Forcados

controlled by smaller but more civilized people who sold off Eboe slaves for centuries
[/s]
And your proof?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
Yorubas are so pathetic. We are busy here baptising you savages with the original pictures/accounts of your ancestors mysery while you lie up and down, hiding from one minority skirt to the other, trying to drag them into your fight with lies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by PressMyButton: 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:
[s][/s]
And your proof?
What you can't deny does not exist. The whites were even making a public announcement of your ancestors.. Arochookyou, ijaws, itshekiris, Binis, Efik sold your ancestors to the whites in exchange for a bottle of dry gin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by PressMyButton: 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ibo negroes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:
[s][/s]
And your proof?
Were Eboes sold as slaves ? Yes or No ?

Where did they leave from Calabar , Bonny and Forcados? That is not in doubt

Ask Asari Dokubo Ask Reno Omokri Ask Google

Now We all know Eboeland is a dot in a circle
Ask Buhari

So we know that Eboes did not have control of any coastal area

Also we know that Arochookyou under the Akpa Nnubi dynasty sold millions of Eboes as slaves

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

QED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2022
[quote author=PressMyButton post=110140408][/quote]
I told people that it was you chameleons that dragged Ijaw to that humiliation.

And this John Wedderburn is now Nigerian?
Not just Nigerian but Yoruba or Ijaw.
So it has now gotten to the extent of hiding under Scottish peoples skirt? Shameless Afonja rats

3 Likes

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2022
[quote author=PressMyButton post=110140408][/quote] Choice Eboes?

I don't know book o
Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
Were Eboes sold as slaves ? Yes or No ?

Where did they leave from Calabar , Bonny and Forcados? That is not in doubt

Ask Asari Dokubo Ask Reno Omokri Ask Google

Now We all know Eboeland is a dot in a circle
Ask Buhari

So we know that Eboes did not have control of any coastal area

Also we know that Arochookyou under the Akpa Nnubi dynasty sold millions of Eboes as slaves

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

QED
See names you wrote, no single Yoruba in it, just hiding under the skirt of Minorities

BTW, when Asari Dokubo blasted your Yoruba Obasanjo few days ago, what did he call himself?
Igbo. His name is not Ediabali for nothing.

As for Omokri, he ended up disgracing himself when challenged by Ogbonnaya.
One thing is to talk trash, the other is to back it up
You cowards fail in the second part

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
Choice Eboes?

I don't know book o
Choice means preferences. That is, they were specifying that what they have with them is the real deal. The most sort after and costly Igbo, not Yorubas that worth nothing.

3 Likes

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

Choice means preferences. That is, they were specifying that what they have with them is the real deal. The most sort after and costly Igbo, not Yorubas that worth nothing.
Yes Eboes made better slaves. You are right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by bomb24: 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
PressMyButton:

In 1930, Nigeria had grown beyond village compartments into a bigger entity with southern and Northern Amalgamation. There was ethnic stratification and each tribe was uniquely identified from each other. People from different tribes were trading among each other in city centres along north & south. This was 1930 not 1903.. Let your brain conform.

People have been identified as ibo, Yoruba, hausa, Bini, Urhobo, Fulani, Itshekiri, Igala, Ibibio, Ijaw, Tiv, etc. It was clearly stated that they were called the Isobos (Urhobos ). In fact many would easily refer to people from the east as Eboes in a sweeping categorization or generic terms even till date.

Dane Gun making in a traditional blacksmith using forge and charcoal cannot be compared with the ones with high calibre tech in modern era. Dane Guns were primarily for hunting back in the day. Today, Guns are used in security & wars.
Don't quote me again, you too dumb.

Igbos brought civilization to yoruba-land u can either choke on it or exhume the skull of akande for further enquires.

goodbye.

4 Likes

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

See names you wrote, no single Yoruba in it, just hiding under the skirt of Minorities

BTW, when Asari Dokubo blasted your Yoruba Obasanjo few days ago, what did he call himself?
Igbo. His name is not Ediabali for nothing.

As for Omokri, he ended up disgracing himself when challenged by Ogbonnaya.
One thing is to talk trash, the other is to back it up
You cowards fail in the second part

That is your level

We are just putting you at the right level

Those are the right people that you can have arguments with because they are your erstwhile lords and masters

2 Likes

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:51pm On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes Eboes made better slaves. You are right
NDIGBO and our cousins from the Eastern region are the only people that resisted slavery even to the extent of taking over slave ships, leading revolts and even taking over slave countries from the whites eg Haiti. The first king of Haiti that led the slave revolt that finally established the independence of Haiti Henri Christopher is of Igbo descent. That is why Igbo slaves were costly. They were very difficult to get and subdue.

But the Yorubas on the other hand are very docile, put up no resistance at all and are willing slaves, so their price went so low that slave traders have to clarify what they have to avoid someone suing them for fraud.
Yoruba Slaves were literally worthless, so they have to be sold in tens.

Here is the portrait of the first king of Haiti, an Igbo blood to the core that led the slave revolt that established the independence of Haiti. Henri Christophe

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by PressMyButton: 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

NDIGBO and our cousins from the Eastern region are the only people that resisted slavery even to the extent of taking over slave ships, leading revolts and even taking over slave countries from the whites eg Haiti. The first king of Haiti that led the slave revolt that finally established the independence of Haiti Henri Christopher is of Igbo descent. That is why Igbo slaves were costly. They were very difficult to get and subdue.

But the Yorubas on the other hand are very docile, put up no resistance at all and are willing slaves, so their price went so low that slave traders have to clarify what they have to avoid someone suing them for fraud.
Yoruba Slaves were literally worthless, so they have to be sold in tens

Eboes were Choice slaves
Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:

Eboes were Choice slaves
And Yorubas worthless

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ASUU Begins Nationwide Strike / George Iwilade: The July 10th OAU Massacre, 20 Years After / Photo:Toilet In UNIPORT Hostel (graphic Images).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.