Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:04 AM

My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode (1426 Views)

Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / What Could Be Done As My 2004 Honda CR-V Burns Oil At 255k Miles?. / Help My 2004 Avalon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode by Nairaland1stson(m): 10:58am On Feb 12, 2022
Help needed to solve this issue.

My 2004 Lexus RX 330 enters anti theft mode every morning. The security light keeps beeping after inserting key into ignition, it cranks but won't start. I disconnected the positive terminal for five minutes and it still refused to start. I disconnected and left it for over 2hrs I connected it back and the vehicle started. I drove it around yesterday without any reoccurance. Now this morning it has refused to start again security light is blinking after inserting key. I don't know what's triggering the anti theft mode. Just got this vehicle and i don't know if it has any security system installed in it (its a foreign used car)

A photo of the car key

Re: My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode by aieromon(m): 11:25am On Feb 12, 2022
Anti-theft System is in programming mode and attempting to relearn ignition key.

Leave key in the ON position until security light stops blinking. It can take up to 10 minutes for the light to become solid.

2 Likes

Re: My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode by Nairaland1stson(m): 11:52am On Feb 12, 2022
I've done that and it didn't work. But I tried placing the key close to the ignition, pressed the unlock button and the security light blinked twice and stopped blinking and the car started. I turned the car off tried again and it refused to start.. I think the car is not receiving strong signal from the key.
Re: My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode by JAYUK(m): 11:52am On Feb 12, 2022
This key, the usual RX330 is different from what you got. Like the guy up there asserted,it's in a learning mode , allow it to conclude the process it will be ok.
Re: My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode by OPUSDEI1(m): 9:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
This is not the regular remote shell for your vehicle. The transponder chip is possibly not in a fixed position inside that shell or not close enough for the receiver to "see" the transponder. It's a common problem with this type of remote shell.

2 Likes

Re: My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode by olumzzz(m): 5:30am On Feb 13, 2022
Nairaland1stson:
Help needed to solve this issue.

My 2004 Lexus RX 330 enters anti theft mode every morning. The security light keeps beeping after inserting key into ignition, it cranks but won't start. I disconnected the positive terminal for five minutes and it still refused to start. I disconnected and left it for over 2hrs I connected it back and the vehicle started. I drove it around yesterday without any reoccurance. Now this morning it has refused to start again security light is blinking after inserting key. I don't know what's triggering the anti theft mode. Just got this vehicle and i don't know if it has any security system installed in it (its a foreign used car)

A photo of the car key
That's not the follow-come key for your car.
I guess that's the genesis of ya wahala
Re: My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode by Cokahot: 8:41am On Feb 13, 2022
That's an after market fake ass China key. Do t go and spoil the car,better quickly order oem from ebay and tidy it once and for all. Naso I waste 40k,go cut three fake ass keys ,my engine no turn on. I carry am go reach almost 6 programmers,all of Em day no be factory original key I buy. Na why ebay they there,original key no suppose pass 80 to 100$. Fake clones 20,25,30. Better leave am ,no drive am,or if u get Valletta key,wey no get remote for body,dey drive am like that. From there,e go enter loop mode. Lexus no be wayo o
Re: My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode by Nairaland1stson(m): 9:10am On Feb 13, 2022
OPUSDEI1:
This is not the regular remote shell for your vehicle. The transponder chip is possibly not in a fixed position inside that shell or not close enough for the receiver to "see" the transponder. It's a common problem with this type of remote shell.

You are right, I know that this is not the regular key for this Lexus model but car arrived Nigeria on December with this key..

Might have to get the regular Lexus key..

(1) (Reply)

P01521 Error On Mazda Millenia 2002 / Please I Need Your Help / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.