Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:52 AM

Enough Of Criticisms On Huge Age-gap In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Enough Of Criticisms On Huge Age-gap In Relationships (292 Views)

Female Russian ‘millionaire’ Looking For Love Advertises On Huge Billboard / What Is The Largest Age Gap Between You And Someone You Dated? / Couple's Traditional Wedding Pose Earns Them Criticisms From Social Media Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Of Criticisms On Huge Age-gap In Relationships by Azeemokoya: 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
Modern feminists and liberals has effectively demonised huge age-gaps in romantic relationships with buzzwords such as predator and prey, manipulation, gaslighting and all other modern nonsense. Here’s why I don’t appreciate the noise.

I want to know TWO things before I’ll endorse relationships. Two things and two things only. One. Are you both adults? Two. Do you both consent to the relationship? That’s it. That’s all I need to know. Any and all other considerations are yours and yours alone to work out between you.

I’ve taken a stand that’s broadly in line with my ‘none of my business’ approach; I don’t care what people do in their own time as long as it doesn’t interfere with my life. I would prefer people to have excellent and balanced relationships based on respect and trust, but I can’t mandate it — and so I won’t.

Nonetheless, most of the demonisation of men in relationships makes you think either think adult women are not adults, or you think they’re delicate little creatures that need protecting from the vicissitudes of life.

You can’t have it both ways. The reason you can’t have it both ways, because we’re either in the process of empowering women or disempowering them. We can’t empower people to get things right and then disempower them when they Bleep up. You get one or the other, binary choice.

People make shit decisions all the time especially in relationships. I have a list of shit decisions made across my life. Some of those things happened because of my inexperience in making said choices plus a total lack of foresight. Some of those choices involved other people and some of those choices involved the machinations and nefarious actions of other people.

At the end of each messy situation, there should be a moment of recognition of your own part to play in what unfolded. If you conclude at all times you’re the victim of everything and everyone, you haven’t done a full enough analysis of what transpired.

Let me be clear… If you’re an adult looking back at an unhappy time in your life because of a previous relationship with an older partner, you’re absolutely allowed to regret the said relationship. You can absolutely look back and say…. ‘Bleep, that was a bad thing we did’ — but the emphasis must be on the words ‘we did’.

Why? Because you are an empowered human and one half of a poor decision-making team. The narrative that has you solely as the victim does you no favours at all.

You might’ve been the inexperienced member of the team, the minor partner, you could’ve been swept away by the sheer excitement of it all and not heeded the warnings given to you by others… Provided you consented and you were an adult, getting into the relationship was one thing and one thing only.

A shit choice.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/enough-of-criticisms-on-huge-age-gap-in-relationships/

Re: Enough Of Criticisms On Huge Age-gap In Relationships by inspectorg(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
The koko be sey since love done they turn desert.....,eehm...eehm.....we suppose reason nam sha, especially when the female is more of age though.
Re: Enough Of Criticisms On Huge Age-gap In Relationships by Flexherbal(m): 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2022
Love is a thing of the heart.
Re: Enough Of Criticisms On Huge Age-gap In Relationships by EmemObong03: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
Have you ever observed how a young widow look so fresh and sexy compared to when her advanced in aged husband was alive?
���
Re: Enough Of Criticisms On Huge Age-gap In Relationships by MAGG0T(m): 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
shocked

That's why brainwashed almajiris marry a minor, how foolish
Re: Enough Of Criticisms On Huge Age-gap In Relationships by wenogodie2: 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
When guys stylishly and indirectly endorse pedophilia. Your opinion anyways and the opinion of a nobody is a waste of breath.

The opinion of the masses counts. And the masses say no to pedophilia.

(1) (Reply)

The Joys Of Being Single / Lots Of Love On This Forum / What Should She Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.