Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,316 members, 7,943,781 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:21 AM

Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm (7551 Views)

Poll: What's Your Prediction?

Super Falcons Will Win: 65% (27 votes)
A Draw: 14% (6 votes)
France Will Win: 19% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Brazil Vs Uruguay - FIFA Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 26th June 2013 / Ghana vs USA: [2 - 1] 26th June @ World Cup 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by semid4lyfe(m): 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2011

The 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup kicks off on Sunday 26th June with a Group A match that sees African Champions Nigeria play emerging European powerhouse France at the Rhein-Neckar-Arena in Sinsheim, Germany.

Nigeria’s Super Falcons have been a main stay in the Women’s game and are known for a powerful style predicated on endurance. The majority of these players play their club soccer in Scandinavia, more specifically in Sweden where the players have learned the technical side of the game to a great degree.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_kC5MT2r5U8s/TPMhYpq163I/AAAAAAAARRo/9UMK5-A8uL8/s1600/10Nigeria+super+falcons.jpg[/img]
Super Falcons of Nigeria

Coach Uche Eucharia has done wonders for the African side since after being appointed and is well respected. In fact, she was the only female coach at the most recent African Championships in which her team came out tops.

The key player for the team is Perpetua Nkwocha; even at 35 years old she is still one of the more clinical forwards in the Women’s game. She is also well decorated, winning 4 Women’s African Soccer Championships and 3 African Women’s Player of the Year awards; she is the clear leader of what is mostly a youthful side. Other important players for the Nigerian team are Rita Chikwelu, Glory Iroka and Desire Oparanozie.

As for France, this is a team that is quickly on the rise and has made their first World Cup appearance since 2003 where they exited in the First Round. In that year they were in a tough group with Norway, South Korea and Brazil and this time around it’s a similar story with Germany, Canada and Nigeria.

[img]http://www.lequipe.fr/Medias/Football/200908/430x313/equipe-de-france-feminine.jpg[/img]
Le Bleues Feminine

The aspect of this team that gives them an advantage is familiarity, as they are all ply their trade in the French League, this is one of the strongest leagues in Women’s soccer and most of the players reside with either Lyon or Paris Saint- Germain which are two of the strongest club teams in Europe.

Coach Bruno Bini is one of the best coaches in the Women’s game, and knows all of these players very well being within the French Female set up since 1993 with the U16 side. The key players for Les Bleus are Camille Abily and Eugénie Le Sommer.  Abily has experience in the U.S playing with FC Gold Pride of the WPS while Le Sommer is a rising talent on the French frontline

MATCH

Kick-off is 2pm Nigerian time and match will be on on SuperSport. Not sure if it'd be on local TV sha. So what's your prediction? Drop your comments and vote in the poll. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Gbenge77(m): 1:13am On Jun 25, 2011
Lets hope for a creditable performance against France.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by chelseabmw(m): 5:03am On Jun 25, 2011
we will surely defeat them. . . . . With God on our side
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by MMM2(m): 6:18am On Jun 25, 2011
I dont watch F B.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by claremont(m): 8:05am On Jun 25, 2011
I will be in Germany for the Canada v Nigeria game on July 5th, doing my bit to support our girls grin
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by lafuria1(m): 9:02am On Jun 25, 2011
4rm d record of d french gals, naija chicks cant beat dem.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by MeGaStReEt: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2011
I dont trust Precious Dede
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by chidexy(m): 10:50am On Jun 25, 2011
I will be there to watch the game live. Expecting an exciting game. I cross my fingers for our girls. They should make it past the french girls. My prediction is 2-1 in favor of the Falcons
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by lekyar(m): 1:35pm On Jun 25, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

Seconded, she's too jittery when put under pressure.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by honeric01(m): 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^^^^

But do we have a formidable replacement? too much of big yansh dey disturb our girls, that's why we don't have a flexible goal keeper.

The only tribe in Nigeria that can really give us a good goal keeper due to their stature remains the Hausas but then they are mostly too shy to delve into football or their religion/culture just won't let them breathe.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by youngbest(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2011
My problem with the falcons is there backline, in the last nations cup it was not well organised and if not for the frontline we would have payed for the mistakes they made.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Tcrack(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2011
Jesus . why e be sey na only wor-woh girls dey our national team?
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by semid4lyfe(m): 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

lekyar:
Seconded, she's too jittery when put under pressure.

Are you guys psychic or what cos both of you just spoke my mind. The FIFA Technical committee mentioned her as the weakest link in the Nigerian team @ the last world cup and Olympics and I'm surprised she's still the first choice goalie. How I wish we could borrow USA's Hope Solo or the Equatorial Guinea goalie cos both are very good grin

Someone needs to tell Precious Dede an aerial ball been contested with her should be punched away and not caught. It was her mistake of trying to catch a ball over an Equatorial Guinea player's head in the AWC final that led to EG's first goal. I hope she's learned from her mistake and the goalie trainer has drilled this into her. Apart from the ''aerial ball'' problem, I think she can dive, parry and her reflexes are okay.

honeric01:
But do we have a formidable replacement?

I think the second choice goalie, Tochukwu Oluehi is better than Precious Dede but I doubt Coach Uche Eucharia has the balls to bench her captain
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by mamagee3(f): 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2011
Nigeria is winning this one. . .

The falcons are just super!
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by buffead(f): 3:09am On Jun 26, 2011
youngbest:

My problem with the falcons is there backline, in the last nations cup it was not well organised and if not for the frontline we would have payed for the mistakes they made.
Tcrack:

ode make we see ur sister , angry angry
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by hollandis(f): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2011
Our coaches have been the problem.We are physically stronger and countries that fail to score in the first half against us,only have themselves to blame.Our problem is technical,I doubt if Eucharia is a technically sound person.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Finland(m): 11:33am On Jun 26, 2011
Tcrack:

Is it all about beauty? u sef no woh-woh? show ur pic, olodo!
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2011
we shall beat them silly.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by honeric01(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Are you guys psychic or what cos both of you just spoke my mind. The FIFA Technical committee mentioned her as the weakest link in the Nigerian team @ the last world cup and Olympics and I'm surprised she's still the first choice goalie. How I wish we could borrow USA's Hope Solo or the Equatorial Guinea goalie cos both are very good grin

Someone needs to tell Precious Dede an aerial ball been contested with her should be punched away and not caught. It was her mistake of trying to catch a ball over an Equatorial Guinea player's head in the AWC final that led to EG's first goal. I hope she's learned from her mistake and the goalie trainer has drilled this into her. Apart from the ''aerial ball'' problem, I think she can dive, parry and her reflexes are okay.

I think the second choice goalie, Tochukwu Oluehi is better than Precious Dede but I doubt Coach Uche Eucharia has the balls to bench her captain

Well maybe the coach is just too afraid to change the goalie based on her "influence", even when she was pregnant, they still too her to the last world cup i think.

For the second choice, she has confidence problem, she fidgets alot and this is not good for a goalie.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Emeka72(m): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
The match willl soon start, but sha, I don't have time to follow women football.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by elctroguru(m): 1:01pm On Jun 26, 2011
You can get several links for the match once it starts
Follow the link below

http://www.freefootball.org/upcomingtv.php
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Markenny(m): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2011
gush why are our  girls so urgly??eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Markenny(m): 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2011
match starts
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Markenny(m): 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2011
our goal keeper was ask to throw away her africa vodoo charm she keep on her
funny , why will she keep a huug bag like that beside her?
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by febirac(m): 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2011
which link can i watch it online pls?
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by honeric01(m): 2:22pm On Jun 26, 2011
USELESS COUNTRY! no TV station is actually showing this match! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by kingsrod: 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2011
Chei why am I not surprised, Opportunity comes but once, What a miss 1 on 1
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by adisalago(m): 2:27pm On Jun 26, 2011
It a good game for nigeria so far , am watching it online with HD quality at http://www.msnigeria.com/live-match/
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Funkymallam(m): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2011
match neva start ooo.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by Markenny(m): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2011
number 9 she is 17 years what do u expect
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by mithel(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2011
useless country,no station is showing it.a whole world cup.we are cursed jare.stu.pid country.
Re: Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm by DAY12(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2011
Falcons are in good shape.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AYC 2011 Final: Nigeria Vs Cameroun On Sunday May 1 @ 2pm Nigerian Time / I Think Messi Is Overrated / Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.