Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,963 members, 7,949,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (297648 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^ I blv this has been treated on the other thread . . . If i am not mistaken
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^
see what I mean? Lol!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
NL1960:

There is no particular reason. The work is still on-going. I took these pictures when i went home for xmas. I was told that the most difficult is the plastering of the decking so they decided to plaster that first. That was what led to the plastering of the entire downstairs.
Ok! Just wondering because I know most people/builders start from the top-down. You have done so very well! Can't wait to roof mine. Good job!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Elsafema: 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2012
oga spyder and others in the house am starting my house this month 5 bed room bungalow

Sizes:
Sitting room: 18x18ft
Dinning: 16x10ft
Kitchen: 13x12ft
store: 12x6ft
all 3bedrooms: 13x16ft
Master bedroom: 13x16feet
Master bedroom wardrobe: 5x6ft
Master bedroom toilet: 5x8ft
Remaining 2 toilets: 5x12ft

pls i need this rough 3 quotation

no of cement from foundation with german floor to limtel level

no of block from foundation to limtel

load of sands and gravel

my bricklayer charge N800,000 for this, is this not too much
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 1:43am On Jan 21, 2012
^^
Am not in the best position to tell you the number of blocks, cement, and sand load you need but I know that the labour cost (N800,000) is way too much!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 2:14am On Jan 21, 2012
Elsafema:

oga spyder and others in the house am starting my house this month 5 bed room bungalow

Sizes:
Sitting room: 18x18ft
Dinning: 16x10ft
Kitchen: 13x12ft
store: 12x6ft
all 3bedrooms: 13x16ft
Master bedroom: 13x16feet
Master bedroom wardrobe: 5x6ft
Master bedroom toilet: 5x8ft

Remaining 2 toilets: 5x12ft

pls i need this rough 3 quotation

no of cement from foundation with german floor to limtel level

no of block from foundation to limtel

load of sands and gravel

my bricklayer charge N800,000 for this, is this not too much

For a 3 bedroom of the dimension you gave, you will need between 1800 and 2000 pieces of blocks. Labor for setting blocks is as follows:

N4000 to set 90 blocks on the average. If you do the maths, you will need about N90,000 to set about 2000 blocks.

Cost of 9'' blocks is as follows:
2000 blocks @ N160 per block is N320,000

Cement requirement is as follows:
You need 1 bag to set about 70 blocks. For 2000 blocks, you need apprx. 30 bags.
30 bags @N2000 per bag is N60,000

Sand:
You will need less than 20 tonnes of sharp sand to set 2000 blocks.
1 trip of 20 tonnes is about N45,000.

Note: This excludes foundation. Prices are assumed to be in Lagos specifically Ikorodu area.

Hope this helps.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:57am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^ Knowledge never ends . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 5:43am On Jan 21, 2012
@Elsafema, N800k seems too much for bricklaying job.

Find out if the price includes plastering and fencing of the house.

As for materials, its a hard thing to do without adequate knowledge of the site.

There are 3 bedroom you can build with N1m and there are 3 bedroom you can build with N5m - it depends on the quality of the construction.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 5:54am On Jan 21, 2012
Two 13 x 16ft room side by side would us 600+ blocks. Doors and windows already taken into consideration.

So, be sure of what you are going into before you start the project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:16am On Jan 21, 2012
They are still roofing this house, I will go there today and document the changes. More pictures at night.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NosaTheo: 10:23am On Jan 21, 2012
@Spyder880

I asked this question before, can you please respond to it

[I hail you guys in this house, I have been following the thread and I can say it has been really educative.

I am planning of building for commercial purpose somewhere called Ugbomro in Warri environs in Delta State
I asked my architect to come up with a plan and he propose a plan of three 2 bedroom flats and four self contain
It is going to be a story building with two 2 bedroom flats and a self contain upstairs while downstairs will have one 2 bedroom flats and three self contain units.
the land is a 100ft by 50ft and on a dry flat ground.

It appears it will be lucrative for business as regards yearly returns, but what do you guys advised.
I will post the plan soonest, when I am able to scan.]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:04am On Jan 21, 2012
^^ In Nigeria, with our rising population commercial properties will always be lucrative. But we are waiting for you to post the plans so we can analyse better.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
Back to classroom to ask @Spyder et al a question on plumbing.

When doing plumbing, how is the toilet waste (from toilet) and used water (from bathroom, kitchen etc) distributed?. What i mean is that do they go into the same soakaway or to diffferent soakaway or is it that the toilet waste goes into the soakaway while the used water from bathroom, kitchen etc is allowed to follow into an adjoining gutter.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 3:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^
If every water used in your house from bath to kitchen and laundry all go into your soakaway then you should be ready to empty it every other month especially if your house is a commercial property. I believe every waste water is channel through a different drainage/gutter to run into the public waste water line (gutter) mostly/mainly outside your compound. If you don't have such waste line or if none passed through your area since your project is in the villa then I guess all waste water or gutter will be Chanel to just flow somewhere behind or beside your fence outside the compound. Another way I've seen people do it is dig another soakaway without plastering the floor so that the ground will consume the waste water but I sometimes wonder for how long/years will that happen. Am sure the pro's will shine more light on your question.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2012
some recent changes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
more roofing

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Jan 21, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
The aluminum company I called to come to my house and measure the woodwork and give me a qoute for aluminium sheets has submitted their final quote, they said it will cost me 550k to source for aluminium sheets. Na wao!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 3:18am On Jan 22, 2012
Spyder, this is looking nice.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:00am On Jan 22, 2012
jerryben12:

Spyder, this is looking nice.

I agree with you on that . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:20am On Jan 22, 2012
and the color of the roofing sheets? bush green vs light brown (carton color) who wins? again Madam should decide.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:53am On Jan 22, 2012
spyder880:

and the color of the roofing sheets? bush green vs light brown (carton color) who wins? again Madam should decide.

Keep up the good work, Bro
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
spyder880:

Men me and her go fight be that oh cux I no like that green at all! I guess it's because it's too much every where. The light brown is much too but chosing from both? Light brown all the way! Anytime! Anyday!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2012
prince_onx:

Men me and her go fight be that oh cux I no like that green at all! I guess it's because it's too much every where. The light brown is much too but chosing from both? Light brown all the way! Anytime! Anyday!!

Madam just boxed me out of the light brown option, she wanted the bush green or another color I showed her, a darker shade of blue, almost navy blue. Let me see if I can still find the color chart.

OK, found it. The color I was referring to is the 'No6' color on the attached chart and I can still remember they called it the royal blue color.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bisanjay: 12:20am On Jan 23, 2012
@Spyder880,

well done, on the progress of this project, it appears you've gotten good deal on ur aluminum sheet @550 or so. i'll like to contact this dealer for quotation, pls give the contact number if you don't min . it will also interest me if you can confirm the size of this project; nos of rooms/specifics of other conveniences , thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2012
Still loving everything about this
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 10:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
@Spyder: abeg go with her choice oh before she throw you out of the house lol! That blue is not bad at all, I just think anyother will come first before the green to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.