Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,434 members, 7,971,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:09 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (298779 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
staircase area

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Jan 18, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:38pm On Jan 18, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:43pm On Jan 18, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:48pm On Jan 18, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 2:23am On Jan 19, 2012
prince_onx:

Absolutely! It's harder doing/installing the conduit plumbing compare to the external one. The only difference now is that you have to refill/patch and replaster all the broken parts of the block/wall where you originally intend to run the pipes.
A friend who also already started his own until Spyder revelaed more external piping and disadvantages especially that nasty broken pipe picture is filling/re-plastering his wall now & doing the external plumbing piping except electricals.

Thanks prince Onx and Oga Spyder.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 2:27am On Jan 19, 2012
Thanks prince Onx and Oga Spyder.[quote][/quote]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 3:03am On Jan 19, 2012
^^
My pleasure! Waiting to see some of your project pictures.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by waleolu7(m): 6:04am On Jan 19, 2012
Oga Spider, please check your e-mail!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 11:31am On Jan 19, 2012
@Spyder. After being in class for sometimes, this is what i came up with on roofing of my project. Hope say i pass?.

After wood work

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 11:33am On Jan 19, 2012
after roofing (0.45mm bush green step tiles )

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 11:35am On Jan 19, 2012
another view.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^^^ O'l boy! you sabi book o!  cheesy
This na 1st Class you just make so o. Welldone and welcome to the job market  grin

This your house look big oo. How many rooms altogether?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
Good job! Abeg make you post cost breakdown of the roof.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
Waoh . . . loving this
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 4:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
jerryben12:

Good job! Abeg make you post cost breakdown of the roof.

The 0.45mm Bush Green oven baked step tiles aluminum cost me in total about 780k. I got four quotations. Two gave almost N1m while the other two gave about 780k. I became confused and then i went back to revise the lesson notes i made from Oga Spyder class. So i contacted the aluminum company i suspected they are going to buy from. The aluminum company sent their own guys there to measure and sent me a quote of about 800k. That was the tie breaker because i just called one of the guys and gave him the job. The 20k differential was because of labour. While the guy quoted 50k for labour, the aluminum company quoted about 80k for labour.

As for wood, i just sent about 300k to my brother that is handling the project for everything. He is a logger. So i did not actually buy the wood from the market. He went into the bush to fell and cut the best wood. It is a red wood and it is considered the hardest, strongest and best wood around. You can see the redness on the wood frame.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2012
Demain_man:

^^^^ O'l boy! you sabi book o!  cheesy
This na 1st Class you just make so o. Welldone and welcome to the job market  grin

This your house look big oo. How many rooms altogether?

You are right. It is quite big. It is my country home. So land and space were not an issue because there is so much space in the compound. The configuration is:

Downstairs:
Large sitting room
dinning area
kitchen
store
visitor's toilet
visitor's room (ensuite)

Upstairs
large master bedroom (ensuite)
moderate family living room
large room (ensuite)
moderate room (ensuite)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:24pm On Jan 19, 2012
NL1960:

You are right. It is quite big. It is my country home. So land and space were not an issue because there is so much space in the compound. The configuration is:

So how many rooms in total ?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

So how many rooms in total ?

Shuoooo. You no do identification and counting for Nursery/Primary school?. grin. lol. Ok. make i help you count the rooms. One (1) room for down and three (3) rooms for up. That makes a total of four (4) rooms.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by OilSubsidy: 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2012
And one sitting room for up and one for down. So altogether the house get 6-rooms grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2012
Spyders, is it advisable to plaster decking if you want to do POP? What are other cost effective suggestions?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:23am On Jan 20, 2012
Still Learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 3:49am On Jan 20, 2012
NL1960:

another view.
@NL1960: do you have a particular reason why you plastered the downstairs first?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:53am On Jan 20, 2012
NL1960:

@Spyder. After being in class for sometimes, this is what i came up with on roofing of my project. Hope say i pass?.

After wood work

You have done very well my man, this one na 1st class result o! grin
Keep it up, nice house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2012
prince_onx:

@NL1960: do you have a particular reason why you plastered the downstairs first?

There is no particular reason. The work is still on-going. I took these pictures when i went home for xmas. I was told that the most difficult is the plastering of the decking so they decided to plaster that first. That was what led to the plastering of the entire downstairs.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NosaTheo: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2012
I hail you guys in this house, I have been following the thread and I can say it has been really educative.

Spyder880 & Brabus please give you candid & best response to this

I am planning of building for commercial purpose somewhere called Ugbomro in Warri environs in Delta State
I asked my architect to come up with a plan and he propose a plan of three 2 bedroom flats and four self contain
It is going to be a story building with two 2 bedroom flats and a self contain upstairs while downstairs will have one 2 bedroom flats and three self contain units.
the land is a 100ft by 50ft and on a dry flat ground.

It appears it will be lucrative for business as regards yearly returns, but what do you guys advised.
I will post the plan soonest, when I am able to scan
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by shakay: 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2012
@ Spyder, i nd ur advice.

A friend intends to buy a unit of 3 bedrm flat for #12m.
It's a storey building on an half plot with 2 unit of 3bedrm flats not a bad lacation persa, around Ikosi-Ketu close to Shangisha.
The size of the sitting rm is small compare to a standard bedrm or siiting rm.
We're not sure the price is worth it.

Can someone help us out?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.