Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,192 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:15 PM

This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension (29339 Views)

Rivers United To Drag Lmc To Fifa, Cas Over Npfl Table / Cristiano Ronaldo And Neymar Storm Boxing Ring, Go Head To Head (photos) / Premier League Introduce 'head-to-head' Rule For 2019/20 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
neuf:

why should Russia dictate terms for a bloc of nations that are similar standing with it when it's not even part of the bloc.
NATO has an open policy, any European country is free to join, so because of Russia, they'll now be like, every European country is free to join except Ukraine because Russia said so. can you actually imagine what that would do to the association, the doubt and divide it would have created among member states?

Can you right now, write a letter to the Nigerian Army and demand they don't accept your brother's application to join them. Army personnel you're not, you're dictating for the Army.
pls if Cuba accept Russia nuclear missile how do u think America will react, this is not about sovereignty this is about checkmate of Russia. They know Ukraine is important to the downfall of Russia. Look back at the Cuba missile crisis, or read why America refuse to sell turkey, the fighter it's paid for.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Foreseer: 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
justuschi50:
u are mad, when Cuba accepted Russian missile what did the USA do, impose a blockade. This is not a matter of sovereignty, nato is using Ukraine to fight Russia. Ok let Russia put nuclear weapons on Cuba and let's see how America will react.
giving options, Russia or America.

Where would you live in
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Abdulmumin412(m): 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
Russia challenge the decision according to international law? They don't have missile that can reach FIFA and UEFA again? I think that with their missiles power that can make everyone agree to their demand.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Foreseer: 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
justuschi50:
pls if Cuba accept Russia nuclear missile how do u think America will react, this is not about sovereignty this is about checkmate of Russia. They know Ukraine is important to the downfall of Russia. Look back at the Cuba missile crisis, or read why America refuse to sell turkey, the fighter it's paid for.
Bro, I hope you are normal?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Foreseer:
giving options, Russia or America.

Where would you live in
Russia!
It is because Russian are not that racial, I pity pple saying Russian are racist.
Russian are well cultured than the American.
I know u will say economy right, that Russia standard of living is poor, true. But I rather be free in a society were am equal then to be seen a a parasite
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Freebills12: 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Like I said before, Russian will rise against Putin... All these sanctions will gradually hit them... Expect revolution from Russia.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
Foreseer:
Bro, I hope you are normal?
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
Freebills12:
Like I said before, Russian will rise against Putin... All these sanctions will gradually hit them... Expect revolution from Russia.
do u think Russia can't bring down European economy, I laugh u. Russia can cut internet sea cable, impose a naval blockade, hack the hell out of the west. This is just small
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
Lastly, international law favour only the west, international was mostly form by the western countries and it favour them alot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
Johel:

People make the world complicated...small matter between 2 countries the whole world run add fire...and keep adding fire...Na so dem do during pandemic ..human being,Na so one Ukrainian sailor sink im Russian oga billion dollar yatch...onto Wetin gan??...now boss wey dey im own Jeje go come transfer harsh aggression towards the sailor,then the sailor plays the victim,then pple will say the yatch owner is a wicked man...life no balance.

That same small matter can easily degenerate into ww3 if a nato intervenes directly into the war.
I know to the average Nigerian man, the world should burn to the ground and the only concern is watching foreign football league.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Freebills12: 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
justuschi50:
do u think Russia can't bring down European economy, I laugh u. Russia can cut internet sea cable, impose a naval blockade, hack the hell out of the west. This is just small

Haha, EU and their allies, u mean? Who is Russian ally in this kind situation? Belarus! China, UAE, and India are indifferent. Who wants US trouble? Russia can't do nothing, the only thing they will do is to hold their oil, of which they are not the only country with oil. I know you have problem with US but Russia will seek for soft landing soonest.

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by IMEI: 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
I see lot of fools here rallying behind Russia, you can't justify the killing of innocent people just because US did the same thing. Glad you don't have the say in all this sanctions, so continue barking undecided

No one is justifying killings, what's being said is that Fifa should have taken the same measures against America and NATO countries for even worse actions

From alot of comments, you can tell why Africa is at the bottom rungs of the global ladder. It's citizens are conquered pawns, no leadership among the youth especially

smh

3 Likes

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by linearity: 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
justuschi50:
u are mad, when Cuba accepted Russian missile what did the USA do, impose a blockade. This is not a matter of sovereignty, nato is using Ukraine to fight Russia. Ok let Russia put nuclear weapons on Cuba and let's see how America will react.

US imposed a blockade against the Soviet and took the face off directly to the Soviet, man to man.

US did not hail hellfire missiles over Cuba and marched tanks and troops into poor Cuban and start killing then until they change their mind and reject the Soviet. That is how mature men settle disputes.

If Russia was truly as powerful as they professed, they should have square directly with US or NATO and leave the poor Country of Ukraine out of it.

Only one person died during the Cuban missile crises and it was a US spy plane pilot shot down by Cuban, America did not reiterate against Cuban, that is to show you the hallmark of maturity.

At the end of the day, all fingers cannot be equal, all Countries cannot have equal military might and they cannot all be super powers, given this reality….I will prefer a Country with democratic elected government with full deliberative powers, where the political parties diversity balance each other up and people are allowed to air their negative opinion about the government openly and their court system is open and fair than a dictator that answers to no one and a Country whose Court system are close and backs the dictator.

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
I see lot of fools here rallying behind Russia, you can't justify the killing of innocent people just because US did the same thing. Glad you don't have the say in all this sanctions, so continue barking undecided
That means some countries can get away with what others can’t get away from
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Kingpin1000: 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
scully95:

Thank you. The anglozionist forces running most of the things are finally losing any little credibility left. They are the cause of their ruin.
Funny enough this qarbis bigger than what people think.
We will soon have 2 world cups, 2 united nations and other bodies.
I think everyone is seeing the double standards and realignment will soon start. After WWII there were realignment

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by soojar(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kingpin1000:
When it comes to smaller countries, FIFA will ban them for political interference. Today they are the ones bringing politics into football.
Our eyes are wide open to the deceit of the west.

Fifa was forced to take that decision. They initially proposed neutral venue and under another name instead of Russia, but 16 countries made it clear they cannot play against Russia now under any circumstance.

Should Fifa then ban 16 countries for not wanting to play Russia or Ban Russia to save face?

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Perfectbeing(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
haffaze777:
Both FIFA, UEFA, Russia, Ukraine, UK and America are mad
and NATO too
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by alabo1: 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
OnomeP:

Every sovereign country should have the right to associate with whomever they choose without being invaded by another country. The same way individuals have freedom of association. If a country does not want to associate with you (Russia), then that's on you. It's up to you to woo them however you can, certainly not invade them. And regarding the Mexico issue, first, two wrongs don't make a right in this your hypothetical case. I do not doubt that the US will be displeased if Mexico were to do such a thing but I also don't think they would invade Mexico if that were to happen. I'm sure they would apply all kinds of serious pressure but I don't think they would invade them. But even if they were to do so, the conclusion is the same. You don't excuse bad behavior because of a hypothetical "what-if".

Does the west allow that? Did they accept when Cuba allied with USSR and accepted USSR's base with missiles? You remember the US was ready to engage in Nuclear war for that. That is the same scenerio here. Putin or any other President will do the same because it is an existential issue. Putin has no problem with Ukraine Joining the EU it is NATO that is the problem because if Ukraine joins NATO Russias containment will be complete. The same thing is being attemped with Taiwan/Hongkong and Japan with China. That matter will also arise soon.

I do not understand why the West can decide that they have the moral compass to determine the strategic boundries of other Nations but hold themselves inviolate. A multipolar world is best for all. Peace
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by neuf(m): 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
justuschi50:
but which one is worst
America invaded Iraq, saying they won't to destroy weapons of mass destruction.
America invaded Afghanistan to root out the Taliban, but after 20 years the Taliban a back in power.
America attack Libya to remove Gaddafi saying he is a dictator. Look at Libya now.
America attack Syria to remove Assad say he is a dictator, supported terrorist to kill him.
Do u know how many illegal operation the CIA has done. KGB of Russia they learn for evil things wey CIA don do

I bet you don't know anything about anything. Do you know how I can tell, I've seen a lot of you guys on this forum, just see someone say something that suits your narrative. You don't research on it. You just swallow hook line and sinker. Then start spreading the same falsehood as facts and will defend it till your last breath.
That being said, I'm in a good mood, work went well today so I'll bite.

A) It's Saddam Hussein after losing the first Gulf War that was boasting of possessing such a weapon. Yeah, the US never lied that they wanted to dispose of him, he ignorantly gave them the reason to. But I bet 100% of you that always bring up Iraq never knew that.

B) The taliban are good people yeah? so did the USSR first try to dispose of their government? That one isn't on your radar I guess. Why is the Taliban proscribed in Russia since they are such a model set of people?

C) I don't know how you guys have Internet but can't make use of it, the US wasn't in Syria to dispose of Assad, if they mean Assad, he wouldn't have been there by now. They went to Syria to dismantle the ISIS that took advantage of the Syrian civil war which started around the same time as Arab spring to carve out a portion Syria for themselves. Their operation extended even to Iraq, Libya and West Africa.
Turkey is the country that wants Assad out, they are the ones that were fighting Assad government

Lastly and I hope you don't engage in normal nairaland practice of doubling down on something even when you're wrong, read the comment you quoted again. I said and it's a fact, the US don't go about lying about their intentions.
Right now, you know the US want to contain China, guess how you knew that, yup the same US told you and the whole world.

1 Like

Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Empiree: 3:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
sotall:
kiss

Everything Russia should be banned.

If the citizens of Russia feel they are not been treated right, let them stage a coup against the government.

Can you say this about Israel too to balance the equation?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Disciple001: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Guy try and wake up from your hypocrisy
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by sotall(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
Empiree:
Can you say this about Israel too to balance the equation?

Go and read about the two-state solution and come back with an opinion.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by JOemmy(m): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
CharleyBright:
CAS won't answer them. The world is against Putin for his actions.
Make Russian citizens and Football Association save their energies and force Putin to stop his senseless bullying of another country.
Putin and Russian will be so hit with economic and socio-political sanctions that Russia will go on her knees and the Russian citizens will have to revolt against Putin govt.
Now that the US and EU have banned Russia from using Dollar and Euros to trade, that will affect Russia's ability to buy or sell in international market.
More sanctions coming to hit him bad. Russia economy will crumble without a shot being fired at it by NATO and US.
The evil man thinks he can force a regime change in Ukraine and the world will just stand by and watch, and then he will boldly move to do same in Poland, Finland and Norway that are his neighbors and NATO members.

It's really appalling that there are still bloodthirsty leaders like Putin in the white world today.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Amodi470(m): 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
timay1:

Russia will win that case at CAS. CAS is a court and the basis of their ban will be judged on it's merit and will be found to be nonsense.

The only thing the Europeans can do is not to make CAS to sit and hear the case. Which in itself will be bad publicity too.

Exactly
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by alphaNomega: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
rickpat:
can CAS really do so much?..THE WORLD IS TOTALLY AGAINST THE ACTIONS OF RUSSIA..even if they are reinstated,no country would go to Russia to play them or allow Russia to come to their country to play and no nation would agree to host the game as a neutral view...the best bet is for dialogue and Russia withdrawing their troops from Ukraine

Western media makes you think the world is against Russia because you only read stories sourced from their outlets.

Have you heard of China? Hungary? Iran?

These countries may not support Russia but I can bet you, they are not against either
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by neuf(m): 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
justuschi50:

arrrgggh, losing my patience here.

Show us the US missiles in Ukraine? It doesn't exist. Show us US missiles in the Baltic or even Poland that are already part of NATO long before Zelensky became Ukraine president and committed to getting Ukraine into NATO.
Let's paint an hypothetical scenario here - Ukraine isn't part of NATO yet, Poland was since the very beginning when Warsaw pact states were granted membership, but the US was like, nah, Poland is close but I don't want to put missiles there, I want Ukraine. Years go by, the Baltic states finally join NATO, the share border with Russia just like Ukraine, again. the US was like nah, even if the share similar territorial trait with Ukraine, we don't want to put our missiles there. We want Ukraine. The same Ukraine NATO rejected their membership application the first time.

Does that scenario make any sense? Who does that? what exactly is in this Ukraine that only it can host US missiles?

Turkey is a NATO member and as a rule, you're not allowed to buy or create weapon systems or weapons that don't interpolate with other NATO systems and weapons.

Dude, what exactly do you even know, because I don't like stress. Let's start from there
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by Aaaoo: 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
How
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by eguarojeona: 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I stand with Russian football on this. FIFA should ban USA for Iraq, Yemen etc.

When Asian countries refused to play against Israel UEFA absorbed them. hypocrites
Till arab countries protest not playing us for attacking them...if they haven't y'all should keep quiet from your leaking root huts.Broke people telling rich countries what to do.You have buhari mismanaging naija you haven't said anything na america una plick dey rise for.getat
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by yommen: 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
Livelystone01:

We blame others for labelling all Nigerians as fraudsters because of a few yahoo guys but we support the attack of all Russians because of a mad man who is not up to 5% of the population.
SMH

The you mean fraud is of similar magnitude as war that Russia is executing on Ukraine? You mean the killings is similar to fraud?
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by achimendy(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
Since from the very first day i saw that news i was not in support. There's no justifiable reason to exclude Russian teams from int competitions because of the on-going war btw Ukraine and Russia. Football is football and politics is politics. After all, the russian teams didn't decide for the president. We use football as a means of promoting peace and unity and not the other way round.
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by timay1: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
soojar:

Fifa was forced to take that decision. They initially proposed neutral venue and under another name instead of Russia, but 16 countries made it clear they cannot play against Russia now under any circumstance.

Should Fifa then ban 16 countries for not wanting to play Russia or Ban Russia to save face?

The feelings of the protesting country doesn't matter. According to the letter of the law written by FIFA themselves, any country that boycott will be banned, just like Nigeria was banned for 2 years when we boycotted AFCON 1996 in SA because of the Apartheid brouhaha then. Even though Nigeria's action was for a just cause.

If the case gets to CAS, the CAS will look at it from a logical and factual POV, and not from emotions, which will make CAS to overturn the decision.

The only thing they can do is to prevent CAS from hearing that case at all by postponing the hearing to a far date. Because once CAS hears that case, FIFA will loose
Re: This Is Discriminatory: Russia Football Union Head To CAS Over Suspension by justuschi50: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
neuf:

arrrgggh, losing my patience here.

Show us the US missiles in Ukraine? It doesn't exist. Show us US missiles in the Baltic or even Poland that are already part of NATO long before Zelensky became Ukraine president and committed to getting Ukraine into NATO.
Let's paint an hypothetical scenario here - Ukraine isn't part of NATO yet, Poland was since the very beginning when Warsaw pact states were granted membership, but the US was like, nah, Poland is close but I don't want to put missiles there, I want Ukraine. Years go by, the Baltic states finally join NATO, the share border with Russia just like Ukraine, again. the US was like nah, even if the share similar territorial trait with Ukraine, we don't want to put our missiles there. We want Ukraine. The same Ukraine NATO rejected their membership application the first time.

Does that scenario make any sense? Who does that? what exactly is in this Ukraine that only it can host US missiles?

Turkey is a NATO member and as a rule, you're not allowed to buy or create weapon systems or weapons that don't interpolate with other NATO systems and weapons.

Dude, what exactly do you even know, because I don't like stress. Let's start from there
yes they are no missile yet, because they know it will bring back the Cuba missile crisis,It was an agreement.
How will u feel when u are surrounded by your enemies drawing closer to u. When USA requested Russia shutdown it's military bases in Cuba, Russia did not refuse and yet they refuse Russia security demand u do not see the game clearly. Ukraine join NATO is likely going to start a war. Thats y Russia has to attack, and mind u Russia is not there to occupy it only want to demilitarise Ukraine, take out there military capacity.
I seriously don't know y Africans keep following the western world the is why the black man will get no respect. Ethnic Russian are been killed in eastern Ukraine and the west is saying nothing, neo Nazi killing Russian, the west turn blind eye.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

From Hazard & Pepe → Xhaka & Lingard, Here Are September Flops Of The Month / Zlatan Ibrahimovic Scores Stunning Goal, Bags 2nd MLS Hat-trick (Photos) / Juventus Issue Statement On Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegations

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.