Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,052 members, 7,966,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:54 AM

Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame (13542 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were Muslims: Adunni Ade, Others / King Sunny Ade And His 5 Wives (Pictured) / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by A001: 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Afrobeat legend Fela Kuti; Juju legend King Sunny Ade; Chief Ebenezer Obey; Fuji legend Sikiru Barrister, and Tony Odili have been inducted into the first-ever Afrobeats Hall of Fame (ABHF).

The epoch-making induction ceremony was organised by the Nigerian lifestyle tourism and hospitality consultancy firm, Estilo Da Vida at The Amore Gardens, Lagos.

Others inductees were Obi Asika, Eddy Lawani, Sunday Are, Kenny Ogungbe, Dayo Adeneye, Obi Asika, DJ Jimmy Jatt.

The event had comedian Bovi and pop singer Dbanj as hosts with special performances from artists including Kcee, Flavour, Omawumi, Tesh Carter, Wizkid, Shina Peters, Omawunmi with Wizkid paying a special tribute performance to Fela Kuti.

Made Kuti, the grandchild of Fela, received the award on behalf of his grandfather and father, Femi, saying “I feel honoured and blessed to receive this award on behalf of Abami Eda, Thank you for enjoying Fela’s music.”

Barry Jhay, who received the award for his father, Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, said: “We are here to celebrate my father’s life as the supreme master of Fuji music.

Sikiru Ayinde was an astute storyteller who used his music to shape the opinion of life.”

The Afrobeats Hall of Fame is put together with the aim to pay homage and honour African achievements in music.

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/fela-king-sunny-ade-others-inducted-into-afrobeats-hall-of-fame/amp/

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Anonymity234: 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
FTC
Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Riskyb(m): 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
Wow
that is very cool

5 Likes

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Samylekey(m): 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
: shocked
Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Streamz: 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hmm. Wetin concern Sunny Ade with Afrobeat? I thought his genre is juju?
All of them mentioned are fuji and juju artists. I taya oooooo!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Frosheer(m): 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
Congratulations.. Fela is truely a legend in the music industry

5 Likes

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by updatechange(m): 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
Some children of nowadays saying Fela and KSA never did afrobeats... SMH!
Fela is the originator of afrobeat as far as 9ja is concerned, and try to listen to synchro system by KSA before coming online to rant.
I'm sure you're surprised to see barrister there which is very correct cos the main vocal tone of today's afrobeats originated from Fuji, ask Wizkid he will tell you.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Todiquemi: 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
Bb
Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by EshjayLee(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
Fela, Abami Eda. His prophecies are still valid even till tomorrow...

Wait o, they are mixing Fuji, Juju and AfroJuju altogether

8 Likes

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by egemegeo(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
long live Fela the king of afrobeat himself

4 Likes

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
Every good news from Nigeria is always Yoruba, we are educated, business wise, smart sophisticated, calm with civilisations far ahead of others

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by NwaNimo1(m): 9:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
koo
Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Rahkman: 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Streamz:
Even me confused ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by ushawn: 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
BuHARI is a terrible human being

4 Likes

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by neman28254: 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Fela is truely a legend in the music industry

1 Like

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by diplomat058(m): 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Great selections

1 Like

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by GraphicsD(m): 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
B
Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by NwaAmaikpe: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
shocked

I've never been a fan of Orubebe, but I will not take this list.

Onyeka Onwenu is conspicuously missing.

Ekwe, Iyogogo, One Love, You and I, Dancing In the Sun, Odenigbo, Ochie Dike and a few of her other works were global world-class masterpieces.

She gave Hugh Masekela, Miriam Makeba, Thione Ballago Seck, Youssou N'Dour and Salif Keita a run for their money and made them look like learners.

So good she was that Almighty Fela wanted to marry her just as exploitation to boost his global music ratings but she turned him down.

Without sentiments, ask yourself this question.
Was Sunny Ade globally reckoned before his duet with Onyeka Onwenu in "Wait for Me"?

If you are unbiased and a true global music critic, you'd understand why I feel that this award is meaningless if Onyeka Onwenu is not on it.

An Afrobeats Hall of Fame without an Onyeka Onwenu and a Sir Shina Peters is worse than an expensive wedding hall without guests.

Till you see my point, argue with my semen.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Rahkman: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
SlyDev:
Every good news from Nigeria is always Yoruba, we are educated, business wise, smart sophisticated, calm with civilisations far ahead of others
Guy rest no dey behave like em awon oloripelebe

7 Likes

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by aikyg(m): 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
Fela and KSA never did Afrobeats. Why are they getting inducted into Afrobeats hall of fame?
Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
Rahkman:
Guy rest no dey behave like em awon oloripelebe

I can never be oloripelebe, I'm simply celebrating my Yorubaness, other Nigeria have made it a crime

Ignore my comment next time, stay blessed

7 Likes

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by DropsMic(m): 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Confirm
Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by shadrach77: 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
About time!

Nigeria's greatest musicians
1. King Sunny Ade
2. Fela Kuti
3. Wizkid
4. Burna Boy
5. Davido
6. Femi Kuti
7. Yemi Alade
8. Tiwa Savage
9. D'Banj
10. Tuface (2Baba)

In that order smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by Seyilome(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
Respect to Ebenezer Obey anytime anyday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela, King Sunny Ade, Others Inducted Into Afrobeats Hall Of Fame by updatechange(m): 10:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
Streamz:
All of them mentioned are fuji and juju artists. I taya oooooo!

Afrobeats didn't just surfaced... Its the combination of juju, Fuji and high life that gave birth to afrobeats.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stardom Has Robbed Me Of Many Things –waje / Kefee (brainamah) And Her Husband Alec / Queen Latifah Came Out Of The Closet. It Is Official.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.