Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:50 PM

A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It (22306 Views)

Lady Reveals How Much She Had Left After Paying Bills From Her Salary In The US / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account / Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
AKWATGOLD1:
Pont of correction, No Nigeria commercial bank will ask his/her employees to send account number to salary unit for salary payment because it is the duty of the bank to open account for their employees including contracts where his/her salary can be pay into the account opened.
she is contract staff her vendor pay the salary not her employee
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Solofresh2: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2022
nisah:
Are they having same names? Because if the account number and account name didn't match, system will reject it and the transaction will bounce back.
Sometimes I wonder how some human beings who claimed to the normal, with seat behind their phones, only to make up useless stories on Nairaland.
It can never be possible if truely, she is a bank staff
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Osek(m): 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Yeah I was surprised too the person sending the salary didn't Cross check

my friend open new salary account , and the customer that the money mistakenly entered his account open new account that same day, so when my friend wanted to copy her account number to her vendor she mistakenly sent wrong account number,and that customer has withdrew all the money.

The bank has called the customer to return Money but the customer claim he has use the money
When the customer opened his new account with the bank, the bank supposed to have his bvn ba any money that enter any of his account... Can be collected by the bank
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
the bank has contacted the next of kin which is his mother,
What is she saying? Trace his mother. But, to be in the good side of the law; you need court order in other to arrest his next of kin.. Contact a barrister or lawyer; they will guide you.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by SEALL(m): 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2022
Tell your friend to tell her company/bank to blacklist the guys BVN simple, he wont be able to do any bank transaction again of they should flag his BVN, all his account in other bank will be alerted and any money in it will be wired to your company so simple. gone are the days people can defraud banks and go free except the person in question no use bank again.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Iseddy: 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
They can blacklist his BVN
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
Osek:

When the customer opened his new account with the bank, the bank supposed to have his bvn ba any money that enter any of his account... Can be collected by the bank
even in other bank?
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by funshint(m): 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
is true story bro , she is a contract staff not core staff, contract staff open their account by themselves
Okay then; I sympathize with her for her carelessness. My thought is that she's the kind of person that's lackadaisical with things....this will teach her a good lesson to always crosscheck things very well. Better now than later.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by brownskilo(m): 7:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
Who is suppose to be advising who.your friend working with the bank or most of us here that don't know shitttt about banking system.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by funshint(m): 7:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
SEALL:
Tell your friend to tell her company/bank to blacklist the guys BVN simple, he wont be able to do any bank transaction again of they should flag his BVN, all his account in other bank will be alerted and any money in it will be wired to your company so simple. gone are the days people can defraud banks and go free except the person in question no use bank again.
They cannot blacklist his BVN; do you know what you're saying. They can only put a PND on his account. Money can enter his account but he won't be able to withdraw it until he comes to the bank. That man is an illiterate and a thief for that matter.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Innobee99(m): 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Not the bank Bro, Haba na, you suppose sabi this thing

See ehn, what if the bank thought she wanted to collect the funds with another person's account ?

Maybe like a family member's account or spouse ? What if ? So in this case, you can't blame the bank or whoever transferred the money, I sent money to the account number you gave me

It now happened to be you made a mistake in the digits, you're the wrong person here, not me okay ?
Thank u for the insight.

I have learnt something new
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Propsvilla(m): 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
If at all this Story is true then the Girl messed up big time. Such as mistake as a banker is very deadly then the salary unit who went ahead to post a salary without comparing the name also messed up and should be issued a query as for recovering the money you have to beg and persuade the guy there is nothing much you can do but to continue begging.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Propsvilla(m): 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2022
funshint:

They cannot blacklist his BVN; do you know what you're saying. They can only put a PND on his account. Money can enter his account but he won't be able to withdraw it until he comes to the bank. That man is an illiterate and a thief for that matter.
You need a Court order to do that. But that will be she lodging a formal complaint with the appropriate authority.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by emmy9500: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

This case looks weird for a top 5 bank worker where accounts are opened by the same bank.

Anyways ..anything is possible..

I think your sister should get her money...

Yes..your sister made a mistake...
But I feel your sister is an internal customer to the person who uploaded the salary schedule in head office in this case..
it’s also the person’s responsibility to check all names tally with account number.....

For example ...If a customer gives a teller a wrong name and account number and the teller posts without checking...it’s the teller’s fault oooo...

I think it’s almost the same case here

Most company use an automated payroll system, the transaction will be successful as long as the account number exist in the bank provided

If I am using access and I made a mistake in my account, but the mistakes account is a valid access account , most payroll system will process it
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by emmy9500: 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Even at that, I very much doubt the Accounts team of a Top5 bank missed that. If the Top5 banks are the ones I have in mind, then I might boldly say again that this never happened.grin

This people use a payroll system, it’s not like there is someone manually posting the salary

If account number and bank is valid, transaction successful
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by wallrichy: 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
What a gibberish you just wrote.

Anybody can make a mistake but the the unforgivable part is the payer....the salary unit because that's where the name confirmation ought to have been done properly before the final payment. In a normal salary department/Unit.....the salary will be tabulated in excel form with names, account numbers, department and amount quoted therein....lots of confirmation before it finally gets to the payer......so it's not entirely the fault of the staff but the payer....for instance.....my name is Globe Trotters and working in an office and mistakenly gave the payer a wrong account number bearing Apple Juice.......the payer would be stupid to still go ahead and pay Apple juice my money without taken confirmation and an instruction in writing from me to go ahead with such payment....infact, payment of salary is always seriously scrutinized by every company before final payment....

MITCHELL96:
Your friend is a big time mumu angry

I know people make mistakes, but this kind of mistake is so dumb!

Anything that has to do with money and personal details, that person needs put the right details and also cross-check it well to avoid making mistakes.

Whenever I'm giving someone my bank account details or number to send card for me, I double check it Until I know I didn't make mistake

So, let her face the consequences of her dumbness.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by iampeterben(m): 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
advanceDNA:

This case looks weird for a top 5 bank worker where accounts are opened by the same bank.

Anyways ..anything is possible..

I think your sister should get her money...

Yes..your sister made a mistake...
But I feel your sister is an internal customer to the person who uploaded the salary schedule in head office in this case..
it’s also the person’s responsibility to check all names tally with account number.....

For example ...If a customer gives a teller a wrong name and account number and the teller posts without checking...it’s the teller’s fault oooo...

I think it’s almost the same case here
You are blessed with wisdom.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Olayemi244(m): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Your friend is a big time mumu angry

I know people make mistakes, but this kind of mistake is so dumb!

Anything that has to do with money and personal details, that person needs put the right details and also cross-check it well to avoid making mistakes.

Whenever I'm giving someone my bank account details or number to send card for me, I double check it Until I know I didn't make mistake

So, let her face the consequences of her dumbness.

You have never been in that position...so don't judge please.

It was an horrible experience for me too at my current job.

The form i filled was next to next of kin details so i put my brother's details as my next of kin and March (last year) salary was paid and for a whole 10days i didn't know and i didn't want to be forward because i had just join the company then.

When i finally discovered that the money was paid into his account, i was furious because i was literally suffering thinking that my salary hasn't been paid. During the investigation i did.... could you believe that my brother collected all the money immediately just like an average Nigerian looking for free money!

I was furious and mad and insisted he return my money, if it takes decades, i wouldn't mind....i must collect every penny! because I worked for that shit.

So, don't judge please... anybody can make such mistake and even you!.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by AFONAMARO: 8:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
Good day Nairalanders

My friend is working with one the top five bank in the country, she Resume the banking job two months ago , So when her employee ask my friend to submit her account number for her monthly payment she mistakenly sent a wrong account number for her Employee.

The problem started when her first salary
came , her other colleagues have all received their salary while my friend didn't see her own, My friend now call salary Unit and The told her that her salary has been paid .
My friend now crosschecked her account number and she discovered that she gave her employee a wrong account number.

Her Bankers colleague now check the account and the saw the money in that customer account but that customer withdrew all the money immediately the money enter his account.

They have been calling the guy to return the money but he refused ,the Bank manager spoke with the guy but he posting them and he has refuse to pick calls.

The bank now call his next of kin to tell him what his next of kin has done.

Please what can my friend do
She so devastated

Help please

When a banker is asking outsiders for tips on how to solve her own internal issues.

Singing Tems Song, "Cr*azy things are happening!

1 Like

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by advanceDNA: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
emmy9500:

Most company use an automated payroll system, the transaction will be successful as long as the account number exist in the bank provided

If I am using access and I made a mistake in my account, but the mistakes account is a valid access account , most payroll system will process it

I never said it won’t process....
What I’m saying is onus the onus is on the poster in head office to ensure the names jive with the account number.. na debit and credit naa...

large salary schedules modules populates all the name once you in put the bunch of accounts....If they bring a new name or names added to the old schedule did last month. The person posting should have checked..
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Franklinshaddy(m): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
Either is your friend or you are the person all of una no get sense including the person that do the transfer make she just forget that money that's her first fruit.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by christobechi: 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
Have you made at least 50k since ASUU started their indigenous action ?

Are you a student, intent , fresh graduate and you wondering on how you can make out for your free time ?

If this is you then get a seat,
But if you don't fall into this category then thanks for your time.

I vividly remember during the 2019 strike , I was like most of you guys, bored, not generating any steady flow of income and amongst all I was treated anyhow at home � ( Kai poor me ).
I decided to do something, I applied for petty jobs but Racksterli took all my salary.
And I was back to point 0.

Well long story short, I met a Price of Copywriting who brought me in, thought me some prowess of his.
Showed me the way and today I am a copywriter from his academy .
I can't boast of millions yet but one thing I know is I have never gone broke or lack urgent 5k since my encounter.

But guess what, you can be like me and even greater.

Today I have decided to teach all I know to just 20 people for free .
Yeah for free.

All u have to do is send a message to this number to be added to my free group.

https:///send?phone=+2349033560499
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
A banker asking people in another professions what s/he will do to a money being paid to a wrong account?
I don't get it.
The bank manager and other staff in the bank don't know what to do?
So, if this happen to you (OP) and you approach your bank for a solution, then the customer care representative tells you to seek for a solution on Nairaland. What will say or do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by VicM6: 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
Daytonbale:
brother what if the guy abandon the account and open another account or he leave the bank to another bank
shebi na the same BVN him go use na....if him like make he run go anywhere for 9ja go open 50 banks, as far bank don place restriction on him, him go cough the money out back...Haba, banks knows what to do jare, dem jst wan dey whine the poor girl....nd bside,shey the girl dey think ni abi she dey high wey she too go drop anoda acct...nawa o.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by VicM6: 9:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
ruffbamreal:
A banker asking people in another professions what s/he will do to a money being paid to a wrong account?
I don't get it.
The bank manager and other staff in the bank don't know what to do?
So, if this happen to you (OP) and you approach your bank for a solution, then the customer care representative tells you to seek for a solution on Nairaland. What will say or do?
you legit my guy...na wetin me too knw understand bdat o.

1 Like

Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Badonasty(m): 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2022
Which bank is that? Maybe micro finance sha…cos normal deposit banks go open staff salary bank account as soon as you start work
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by AliyuMahdi9: 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
It may take time, but eventually I believe he will be caught.

Daytonbale:
they have lien his account but that guy is a criminal, the alert state the name of the bank ,salary and month the guy still withdraw without thinking twice
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by mechanics(m): 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2022
Hmmmm, she should have cross checked the account number she sent when it involves her salary.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by zubinike(m): 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Unfortunately for her, there was no due diligence from the salary unit to verify the submitted information.

The information will expose the mix up as the account number would have revealed someone else's details and not your friend.

That will be noticed if it's a single transaction, but if you are uploading multiple payments forget it. You won't have time checking over 500account details name by name or digit by digit.
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 10:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
AliyuMahdi9:
It may take time, but eventually I believe he will be caught.

it's happen in Lagos
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 10:45pm On Mar 07, 2022
zubinike:

That will be noticed if it's a single transaction, but if you are uploading multiple payments forget it. You won't have time checking over 500account details name by name or digit by digit.
more than 5000 staffs, the vendor have more than 5000 staffs on their payroll
Re: A New Bank Employee Submitted Wrong Account Number & Her Salary Was Paid Into It by Daytonbale: 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
Badonasty:
Which bank is that? Maybe micro finance sha…cos normal deposit banks go open staff salary bank account as soon as you start work
top 5 commercial banks in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Biggest Mistakes You’re Making In Work Relationships / I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! / Can I Make A 2.1 With Present CGPA Of 3.32?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.