Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,611 members, 7,878,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:26 AM

Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer (14758 Views)

Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) / Funmi Iyanda Throws Shade At DonJazzy ? (see Tweet) / Funmi Iyanda As A Corper 20 Years Ago (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by 1forall: 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2011
Interestingly this is in today's newspaper. . .

Funmi Iyanda: To Monte Carlo with 'Lagos Stories'

Talk show host, Funmi Iyanda, has graced the 51st Monte Carlo Television Festival Award, for which her documentary, ‘My Country Nigeria', was recognized with a nomination. An episode in the three-part mini-series, ‘Lagos Stories' was nominated in the Best News Documentary category of the festival, held on June 10. Iyanda, who produced and presented the documentary, was in France for the ceremony along with her director, Chris Dada.

Read more here: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/ArtsandCulture/x2/Entertainment/5723808-146/story.csp
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Bawss1(m): 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2011
Who is Funmi Iyanda?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:11pm On Jun 29, 2011
Bawss1:

Who is Funmi Iyanda?

The only nigerian celebrity skinnier than boy alinco
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 3:11pm On Jun 29, 2011
blink182:

Thank you, they want her to start talking like who has hot yam in the mouth like Mo

how would she be heard by the american audience if she doesn't talk that way? you think americans can pick the nigerian accent? i re-laugh in boko-haram. chery cole(british born with liverpool accent) is having difficulty to be heard by the americans and you think cnn will let funmi iyanda of all people to present shows for them? how would funmi iyanda pronounce "arkansas" with her dolphin teeth? grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by aloyemeka2: 3:15pm On Jun 29, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

The only nigerian celebrity skinnier than boy alinco

Hater! Home girl is still hot as ever and you can never have her because levels differ.

Keep drooling boy!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Funmi Iyanda
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2011
coogar:

how would she be heard by the american audience if she doesn't talk that way? you think americans can pick the nigerian accent? i re-laugh in boko-haram. chery cole(british born with liverpool accent) is having difficulty to be heard by the americans and you think cnn will let funmi iyanda of all people to present shows for them? how would funmi iyanda pronounce "arkansas" with her dolphin teeth? grin
[size=99pt]HATER[/size] but she's at the top of her career, where are u in ur field, does ur neighbour even know you.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by ideylaff: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2011
Didn't you read where she thought the will offer her something like a Morgans Piers/Larry King show?. Or at least use her to replace Nancy Grace in HLN?. Nancy Grace is getting too old for the screen and Funmi seems to be a right choice for now.

Ok then what did she apply for, she should come out and let us know so we can tell if CNN are discriminating,

4rm what she is saying, she says she wants a Morgans Piers/Larry King kinda show  right,

is that what she applied for, ?

or she applied to be a presenter, ?

nothing like writing to a company and not knowing what you want to do for them, abi,

she sounds like she wrote to CNN and said, please give me someting to do, and now they gave her something she does not want it,

how CNN go just write person and retrofit person into a job without applying for it,
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2011
Thank you Funmi for believing in yourself enough not to be swayed by a presnter on CNN. Thank you again for promoting your Nigerianess even though alot of people feel u should have an american or british accent before you can host your show and hello! world over people have french accent, spanish accent, chinese accent e.t.c you dont see them beating on themselves like us.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2011
blink182:

HATER but she's at the top of her career, where are u in your field, does your neighbour even know you.

what's the evidence she's at the top of her career? what is her career if i may ask? hosting a no-show with tools like you as special guests? you are a consummate cuntbucket!
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2011
coogar:

what's the evidence she's at the top of her career? what is her career if i may ask? hosting a no-show with tools like you as special guests? you are a consummate cuntbucket!
The Federal Ministry of Health warns that [size=50pt]HATERS[/size] are liable to die young. Peace. . . . out. cool
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by 1forall: 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2011
Off the point but an innocent query. . . is it just me or does there seem to be a high proportion of border-minded and ill-exposed writers on here? Or what?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by naso2(m): 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2011
coogar:

grin grin grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by AjanleKoko: 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2011
ideylaff:

Ok then what did she apply for, she should come out and let us know so we can tell if CNN are discriminating,

4rm what she is saying, she says she wants a Morgans Piers/Larry King kinda show  right,

is that what she applied for, ?

or she applied to be a presenter, ?

nothing like writing to a company and not knowing what you want to do for them, abi,

she sounds like she wrote to CNN and said, please give me someting to do, and now they gave her something she does not want it,

how CNN go just write person and retrofit person into a job without applying for it,

Let's not get it twisted. CNN, as well as most other Western media, regularly hire local reporters to cover the region they operate in.
They may be working on an African edition, like CNBC. Then it would definitely make sense.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Andrew3(m): 3:47pm On Jun 29, 2011
jelousy go kill some people grin grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Cuteobi(f): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2011
coogar:

HATER swallow a razor! Even an englishman has an accent
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by aloyemeka2: 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2011
Nigeria Association of Haters[NAH] are in their hatorade festival season. keep hating while Funmi keeps rising. After Morgan Piers, Funmi Iyanda will take over the prime time show in CNN. The view offered her a job before they even hired Whoopi Godlberg and she bounced them big time. So, Funmi no be moin moin.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by sizzlers(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2011
i dont knw her but i think every body has the right to decide. but to be paid in dollars i wont deny
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2011
Cuteobi:

HATER swallow a razor! Even an englishman has an accent

exactly my point. . . .but there are  universally audible accents and there are inaudible accents. funmi won't be heard by an average american. cnn will have to translate what she says on tv for people to read which would have defeated the purpose of hiring her in the first place. i know nigerians can be patriotic when it comes to their own but this is just blind patriotism. . . . .funmi iyanda never applied for a cnn job and she was not offered one.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by cap28: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2011
Im glad she turned down CNN, that shows she has a lot of self respect and beleif in her own ability.  She would have ended up as just another tool of their anti african pro imperialist propaganda, she is a very intelligent lady.  I know some other nigerians who shiver in the presence of white people would have quickly taken up the offer without even asking questions, we need more intelligent and self assured people like her in the nigerian media not the dense intellectually challenged ones parading themselves as journalists that we see evry day on the tv, more grease to your elbows Funmi and keep up the good work.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by spikedcylinder: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2011
Some people are sitting behind their computer screens doing yohoo yohoo (una know unasef grin grin grin grin) while hating on this woman and her natural accent.
Tufia!!!! grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin Nairaland will not keemee. embarassed embarassed embarassed grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by emmatok(m): 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2011
coogar:

Is  Isha Sesay using American accent on CNN?

I won't be surprised if your hatred has a TRIBAL UNDERTONE .

Your talking ad id CNN is the highest pay media Organisations on Earth.

When we have Nigerians working with better International .

INFERIORITY COMPLEX is a disease.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by sayso: 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2011
ok telling us you like Africa by sitting on that log taking pictures,but the truth is that you do not leave there.Good effort sha
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2011
emmatok:

Is  Isha Sesay using American accent on CNN?

I won't be surprised if your hatred has a TRIBAL UNDERTONE .

Your talking ad id CNN is the highest pay media Organisations on Earth.

When we have Nigerians working with better International .

INFERIORITY COMPLEX is a disease.

american accent isn't the only universally audible accent in the world.  sesay doesn't need to speak with an amercian accent to be heard, sesay is british born. funmi iyanda cannot thrive on cnn with her lagos accent and she is no longer trainable(she's about 40 yrs old now). this is not about highest paid media organization. . . .it's about doing what is required at the highest level.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by SEFAGO(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2011
Funmi Iyanda definitely has a thick Yorugbotic accent to be honest and would be very difficult to understand to non-Nigerians. Its nothing to be ashamed off (I have one too tongue) but she would be out of place on the CNN. How can you have a presenter that no one understands

A no no for the CNN
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by mallorca(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2011
wetin concern me
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
Oya rip yourselves apart while funmi is busy globe trotting and CNN taking huge pay from countries that wants to be heard grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2011
SEFAGO:

Funmi Iyanda definitely has a thick Yorugbotic accent to be honest and would be very difficult to understand to non-Nigerians. Its nothing to be ashamed off (I have one too tongue) but she would be out of place on the CNN. How can you have a presenter that no one understands

A no no for the CNN

what is wrong with her yoruba accent ? If she decided to turn down the offer,what's has that got to do with her accent ? You guys with your hypocrisy sometimes,WTF !
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by omooloye1(f): 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2011
american accent isn't the only universally audible accent in the world.  sesay doesn't need to speak with an amercian accent to be heard, sesay is british born. funmi iyanda cannot thrive on cnn with her lagos accent and she is no longer trainable(she's about 40 yrs old now). this is not about highest paid media organization. . . .it's about doing what is required at the highest level.
[quote][/quote]

For your information, Isha Sesay isn't British born. She got Britain as a refugee.

Funmi isn't a local champion as you all claim.She has recieved several international awards for her effort. Like it or not, she is  a succssful broadcaster and an entrepreneur. She doesn't have to work for CNN to prove that. She doesn't need to fake accent like wannabe, boring and unintelligent MO.

Damn all you HATERS. Go Funmi,I'm proud of you.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2011
Nigerians and their PHD mentality!!!! And what's the effing big deal about CNN anyway ? She has a Yoruba/Nigerian accent, so what?

Mtcheww!!! America must be heaven to some people I guess and Americans most undoubtedly aren't mortals. Double Mtcheww!!!!
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2011
omo oloye:

For your information, Isha Sesay isn't British born. She got Britain as a refugee.

you are a disgrace. . . .Sesay was born in the UK in 1976 and is one of three children, having an older sister and a younger brother. Her mother is Dr Kadi Sesay, a former lecturer at Fourah Bay College, who entered Sierra Leonean politics in 1992 as an advisor to the government of Valentine Strasser. Her father, who worked as a legal advisor to the SLPMB (Sierra Leone Produce Marketing Board), died in 1988

Funmi isn't a local champion as you all claim.She has recieved several international awards for her effort. Like it or not, she is  a succssful broadcaster and an entrepreneur. She doesn't have to work for CNN to prove that. She doesn't need to fake accent like wannabe, boring and unintelligent MO.

baba suwe had received several international awards so has pasuma wonder. any troglodyte can receive international awards. no one is asking funmi to fake her accent like a wannabe. it's either she's got it or not and unfortunately, she does not have it. genevieve nnaji has a better chance working for cnn. . .her speech is clearer and easily understandable but funmi doesn't just cut it.

Damn all you HATERS. Go Funmi,I'm proud of you.

constructive criticism is not hating. you are one of the reasons a lot of people think nigerians are daft with pathetic comments like this.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2011
coogar:

you are a disgrace. . . .Sesay was born in the UK in 1976 and is one of three children, having an older sister and a younger brother. Her mother is Dr Kadi Sesay, a former lecturer at Fourah Bay College, who entered Sierra Leonean politics in 1992 as an advisor to the government of Valentine Strasser. Her father, who worked as a legal advisor to the SLPMB (Sierra Leone Produce Marketing Board), died in 1988

baba suwe had received several international awards so has pasuma wonder. any troglodyte can receive international awards. no one is asking funmi to fake her accent like a wannabe. it's either she's got it or not and unfortunately, she does not have it. genevieve nnaji has a better chance working for cnn. . .her speech is clearer and easily understandable but funmi doesn't just cut it.

constructive criticism is not hating. you are one of the reasons a lot of people think nigerians are daft with pathetic comments like this.

What is special about working for CNN ? I have watched Ralista Vasilleva and christain Amanpour but you can't compare their accent with piers morgan or michael holmes.If CNN can make do with Ralista who has an accent,why can't they make do with Iyanda ?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Roland17(m): 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2011
she is very natural and would continue getting attention,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jim Iyke and Jeta Amata, who is more handsome??? / Stella Damasus At First Globally Igniting Africa Event In The US (Pictures) / Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.