Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,602 members, 7,878,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:25 AM

Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer (14757 Views)

Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) / Funmi Iyanda Throws Shade At DonJazzy ? (see Tweet) / Funmi Iyanda As A Corper 20 Years Ago (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

What is special about working for CNN ? I have watched Ralista Vasilleva and christain Amanpour but you can't compare their accent with piers morgan or michael holmes.If CNN can make do with Ralista who has an accent,why can't they make do with Iyanda ?
Ignore the egotistical p****, only trying to defend ignorance.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by cap28: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2011
the level of self hatred and inferiority complex exhibited by low life morons on this thread is a wonder to behold.

These are the same morons who bow and scrape whenever they are in the presence of white people who barely finished secondary school, Funmi speaks with the accent she was born with which is a yoruba accent, the same way british and american news presenters speak with their own respective accents, she speaks clear and grammatical english which is intelligible to all english language speakers. the funny thing is most of the morons criticising her accent probably speak with pathetic fake accents whenever they are around whites due to their extremely low self esteem.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by OAM4J: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2011
Kini big deal?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Guyman02: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2011
SEFAGO:

Funmi Iyanda definitely has a thick Yorugbotic accent to be honest and would be very difficult to understand to non-Nigerians. Its nothing to be ashamed off (I have one too tongue) but she would be out of place on the CNN. How can you have a presenter that no one understands

A no no for the CNN

Whats so special about CNN thisdays? The fact is that a recent research after NATO bombing of Libya shows that most people no longer believe 70% of there stories, Do you believe all you watch on CNN and Aljazeera and BBC? BBC has closed many of there international bureaus due to loss of listenership.
Have you listened to there reporters in Pakistan, Libya and Syria bringing the news to you in heavily accented english, do they sound better than Funmi?

At her level she shouldnt take any crap reporter or presenter job from CNN except Piers Morgans Job or Richard Quest means Business
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by GooseBaba: 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2011
Coogar

No matter how you add the matter, Bad belle mixed with inferiority complex can never equal constructive criticism, Just because you see that as something you cannot accomplish does not mean Madam Funmi AKA Lepa mama can't, My guy check yourself, Accent or no accent, check yourself,
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2011
cap28:

the level of self hatred and inferiority complex exhibited by low life morons on this thread is a wonder to behold.

These are the same morons who bow and scrape whenever they are in the presence of white people who barely finished secondary school, Funmi speaks with the accent she was born with which is a yoruba accent, the same way british and american news presenters speak with their own respective accents, she speaks clear and grammatical english which is intelligible to all english language speakers. the funny thing is most of the morons criticising her accent probably speak with pathetic fake accents whenever they are around whites due to their extremely low self esteem.

Bros, temper justice with mercy na! grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by blesbeatz(m): 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2011
who da hell iS FUNMI?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2011
GooseBaba:

Coogar

No matter how you add the matter, Bad belle mixed with inferiority complex can never equal constructive criticism, Just because you see that as something you cannot accomplish does not mean Madam Funmi AKA Lepa mama can't, My guy check yourself, Accent or no accent, check yourself,   

inferiority complex over what, i ask?

~Bluetooth:

What is special about working for CNN ? I have watched Ralista Vasilleva and christain Amanpour but you can't compare their accent with piers morgan or michael holmes.If CNN can make do with Ralista who has an accent,why can't they make do with Iyanda ?

you should be asking funmi iyanda that question! why she needed to tell the whole world she was offered a job from cnn and she declined it must mean she considers cnn special, don't you think? i don't understand why nigerians are so thick. . . .i am not saying foreigners cannot work with cnn - of course, they can but they must have a clear accent audible to the audience. i can list like a dozen nigerians who will qualify for the same job vasilleva and amanpour are doing and they won't need to fake their accents to get the job - it comes natural!

blink182:

Ignore the egotistical p****, only trying to defend ignorance.

you are a cockstain! you can get a rope and find a beam to tie it to if my comments hurt you so bad.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by iragbijile: 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

what is wrong with her yoruba accent ? If she decided to turn down the offer,what's has that got to do with her accent ? You guys with your hypocrisy sometimes,WTF !

There is everything wrong with it. you dont get it, do you?

She was never offered the Job. CNN would never have offered her the Job, simple.

Even Funlola Aofiyebi, with her PALACE accent would not be good enough for CNN. And, yes, her Yoruba accent isnt good for prime time.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2011
iragbijile:

There is everything wrong with it. you dont get it, do you?

She was never offered the Job. CNN would never have offered her the Job, simple.

Even Funlola Aofiyebi, with her PALACE accent would not be good enough for CNN. And, yes, her Yoruba accent isnt good for prime time.

don't pay attention to the ignoramus! they keep assuming everyone grasp the naija accent like they do!!! why would cnn suddenly offer funmi iyanda a job without applying for it? who is funmi iyanda?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by 2mch(m): 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2011
Good for her. She speaks with her Nigerian accent, and is not suffering from inferiority complex. She also speaks in a clear and concise manner. I can see her becoming a CNN anchor. She has the grace, intelligence and clear speech to make us proud. However, she is also very smart to see the benefits in selling her story as opposed to working for the pay master. She is a force to reckon with, and at the same time keeping her dignity and not looking like a coon. Funmi keep being you, your uniqueness and Yoruba heavy accent is what makes you who you are. People get turned away by fake people.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by GooseBaba: 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2011
Coogar

The mere fact that you discarded her accomplishment and zeroed in on her accent,
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2011
GooseBaba:

Coogar

The mere fact that you discarded her accomplishment and zeroed in on her accent,

forgive my manners. .  . .but i am struggling to see what funmi iyanda has achieved. ok, she has a tv show in nigeria( i dunno the ratings down there) but at best will have the same quality as teju babyface show or thereabout. is that what i should have a party about? like i have said, there are more than a dozen other nigerians who could have mentioned this cnn ish and i would have believed it without batting my eyelids. . . .stephanie okereke, omotola jalade, genevieve, richard damijo, dakore egbuson, joke silva, etc have clear accents. . . .funmi does not!
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by iragbijile: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2011
GooseBaba:

Coogar

what has she achieved?

The same Funmi Iyanda sleeping with every 'VIP' in Lagos?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2011
iragbijile:

what has she achieved?

The same Funmi Iyanda sleeping with every 'VIP' in Lagos?

she does? i only know of segun odegbami(that famous nigerian footballer), i didn't know she has gone plc!! grin
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by GooseBaba: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2011
Cooger

Bros!! The names you mentioned they all have no track record in Funmi's industry, If we have to go by your standard (accent) then me sef I can speak English like say something dey worri me,
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2011
GooseBaba:

Cooger
Bros!! The names you mentioned they all have no track record in Funmi's industry, If we have to go by your standard (accent) then me sef I can speak English like say something dey worri me,

i am not talking about beauty or fame or track record of fuckever here. . . . .i am focusing on speech. funmi's pedestal is lower than the names i have mentioned. funmi has a distinctive yoruba accent and it will take the rod of moses for an american to understand what she's saying. it's not an insult to her personality. she just doesn't have the quality to speak on cnn international!
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by GooseBaba: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2011
Iragbijile

You and I know that there is nothing wrong in networking, By the way were you there when she dropped it like its hot? Do you know how VIP Amanpour has serviced?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Eisajimoh: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2011
Funmi iyanda or what ever u call urslf ole ni wo
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by iragbijile: 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2011
GooseBaba:

Iragbijile

You and I know that there is nothing wrong in networking, By the way were you there when she dropped it like its hot? Do you know how VIP Amanpour has serviced?

First of all, she is a Muslim. That doesn't mean she is not slutty, but she isnt that hot for any VIP to want to sleep with her? Why would Blair or another international VIP want to sleep with her? Doesnt make any sense at all. And she is married with kids.

Secondly, even if she is sleeping around, at least she isnt sleeping with low-lives like Odegbami and Afikuyomi? Wanna compare Odegbami or Afikuyomi to the kind of people Amanpour sleeps with?

Furthermore, Amanpour is a brilliant presenter/reporter. Try watching her documentaries? And when she reports? She was in Afghanistan, Iraq and in Kuwait. She has gotten this far on her own merit. Can we same the same thing about Funmi Iyanda? Do you even know how Funmi got a 'New Dawn?'

Lets not go there, please.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by GooseBaba: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2011
Coogar

Chei, !!!! Your exaggeration on her accent no get part two, !!! Haba!! Just as much as you like American accent, they too find other people's accent pleasing. The simple fact remains , you condemn her on her accent while ignoring her intellectual attributes and capabilities.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by coogar: 6:19pm On Jun 29, 2011
GooseBaba:

Coogar
Chei, !!!! Your exaggeration on her accent no get part two, !!! Haba!! Just as much as you like American accent, they too find other people's accent pleasing.

you keep making this error. i don't like american accent. . .i don't give a damn about it. i am just pointing it to you that funmi will be unsuitable to work for cnn international where the american audience will not understand her. this is not about getting pleased with other people's accent. it's about understanding what the presenter is saying. . . .don't compare it with a fat 50 yr old woman in ohio pretending to you she loves your nigerian accent. don't compare professionalism to lustful chats on social network sites. grin

The simple fact remains , you condemn her on her accent while ignoring her intellectual attributes and capabilities.

her intellectual attributes and capabilities mean nothing to the american audience. all they would want from her is an audible clear accent they can grasp. funmi can be smarter than einstein - it means nowt to joe the plumber.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by GooseBaba: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2011
Iragbijile

Bros!! Show me the proof that Amanpour got to where she is on merit alone, Also, while you are at it tell me how you know what makes Tony Blairs hammer take position, I am not in any way defending Funmi's character, I don't know her from Warri,
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2011
coogar:

inferiority complex over what, i ask?

you should be asking funmi iyanda that question! why she needed to tell the whole world she was offered a job from cnn and she declined it must mean she considers cnn special, don't you think? i don't understand why nigerians are so thick. . . .i am not saying foreigners cannot work with cnn - of course, they can but[b] they must have a clear accent audible to the audience.[/b] i can list like a dozen nigerians who will qualify for the same job vasilleva and amanpour are doing and they won't need to fake their accents to get the job - it comes natural!

you are a cockstain! you can get a rope and find a beam to tie it to if my comments hurt you so bad.

A large percentage of Nigerians speak the  same accent as funmi;meaning that Nigerians are not good for Cnn standard abi ? I have seen Vasileva and I can tell you that she is not all that better than Funmi cuz she's got a thick accent too.So what's the big deal about you people trying to kill yourself over unnecessary issues besides cnn was not and did not discriminate her accent when they offered her the job !to fake their accents to get the job - it comes natural!

[quote][/quote]

A large percentage of Nigerians speak the  same accent as funmi;meaning that Nigerians are not good for Cnn standard abi ? I have seen Vasileva and I can tell you that she is not all that better than Funmi cuz she's got a thick accent too.So what's the big deal about you people trying to kill yourself over unnecessary issues besides cnn was not and did not discriminate her accent when they offered her the job !
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by iragbijile: 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2011
^^^

Stop fooling yourself. CNN did not offer her the job.

NO. They did not offer her any job.

Their star, Anderson Cooper, applied for his job. Even, if she applied, she would never get the job

You can sit your arse in your run down ghettoish 'agbole' in Nigeria believing that CNN offered Funmi Iyanda a job or you can believe the truth that she was never offered the job.

The Vasileva  ypu keep talking about, just watched er on Youtube, is way better than Iyanda. I just dont get your point.
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by vwvw(m): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2011
grin grin grin I also turned down an NTA shannel 7 offer that Funmi accepted, LWKMD
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by iragbijile: 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2011
vwvw:

grin grin grin I also turned down an NTA shannel 7 offer that Funmi accepted, LWKMD

Why work for shannel 7 when you can post freely on NL grin

To be honest, me sef I turned down a job offer from shannel 5 because I had my own show in front of my house. cool
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by GooseBaba: 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2011
Coogar

Nothing do 50 yr old Congo, I hear say the ting dey sweet.  grin But from a professional standpoint when I give presentation my audience always point out how much they like my pronunciation because of my accent and when I do deviate they point it out too, In order words, the market will sell itself,
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2011
she wasn't offered the job
she has thick accent
she is not good enough for CNN
CNN can never offer her the job

Whatever it is, the lady is doing great in her career.
Why cant people just shut their dirty hole called mouth if they have nothing positive to say, must you always try to bring people down?
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Sicherheit(m): 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2011
Since I'd never heard of Funmi Iyanda until this topic, I went googled her videos so I can hear the accent everyone is complaining about. After watching it, all I have to say is some people need help. What is wrong with the way she talks? Her speech is fluent and clear, her pronunciations are good, you don't hear the[i] errr, huh, errm, errrm[/i], you get from people faking their accent What more do you want? undecided

Abi no be the woman be this?
[flash=425,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZEs8609bEo?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2011
Sicherheit:

Since I'd never heard of Funmi Iyanda until this topic, I went googled her videos so I can hear the accent everyone is complaining about. After watching it, all I have to say is some people need help. What is wrong with the way she talks? Her speech is fluent and clear, her pronunciations are good, you don't hear the[i] errr, huh, errm, errrm[/i], you get from people faking their accent What more do you want? undecided

Abi no be the woman be this?
[flash=425,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZEs8609bEo?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Some people are either stewpid or are just being hypocritic but never mind a lot of them are million years behind her in terms of achievement.Awon were !
Re: Funmi Iyanda Turns Down CNN job Offer by Sicherheit(m): 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2011
I'm sure if Funmi Iyanda also had the same sound stage, sophisticated sound system and voice trainers, speech coaches the likes of Vasileva have, she'll be on par with them.  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jim Iyke and Jeta Amata, who is more handsome??? / Stella Damasus At First Globally Igniting Africa Event In The US (Pictures) / Iya Awero To Celebrate Her 50 Years On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.