Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:32 PM

APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party (7238 Views)

Separatist Agitations In South East May Affect Obi, Atiku Chances, Report Warns / Agitations In South East: You Cannot Shoot An Ideology With A Gun – Soludo / Malami, Others Sacrifice Presidential Ambitions For Buhari's 3rd Term Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by nairavsdollars(f): 9:00am On Mar 07, 2022
The ruling All Progressives Con­gress (APC) on Sunday said the quest by some individuals to be­come president in 2023 is what is primarily responsible for the agitations in the party.

Senator James Akpanudoede­he, the National Secretary of the APC Caretaker/ Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC), made the remark in an exclusive interview with Daily Independent.

He also said many of those seeking to contest the presidency on the party’s platform are doing so with personal reasons and not because they are loyal to Presi­dent Muhammadu Buhari or have the interest of the party at heart.

According to him, no­body loves the APC today more than President Bu­hari and Governor Mai Mala Buni, Yobe State governor, and national chairman of the caretaker committee.

“What is driving agita­tion in our party is presi­dential ambitions in 2023. It is not necessarily because they are loyal to the presi­dent or they have the inter­est of the party at heart. No one can claim to have the interest of the party at heart than Buni and the president of Nigeria, Mu­hammadu Buhari”, he said.

Akpanudoedehe also jus­tified the continued stay of the Buni-led Caretaker Com­mittee in office, saying it has achieved a lot and turned around the fortunes of the party, which, according to him, was at the lowest ebb when they took over from the Adams Oshiomhole-led executives in 2020.

Responding to an inter­view granted by Professor Itse Sagay (SAN), Chair­man of the Presidential Ad­visory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), in which he said the Buni-led committee should be held responsible if the APC loses the 2023 presidential election, Akpanudoedehe said he will not respond in a bad manner to him (Sagay) but enlighten Nige­rians on the achievements of the committee since coming on board.

“Let me use this oppor­tunity to enlighten Nige­rians on the activities of the CECPC since we came on board in June 2020. We met a party that was at the lowest ebb. This made us lost lots of grounds.

“The Mai Mala Buni-led caretaker committee brought in about three gov­ernors. We have been able to attract former Senate President, former speakers of the House of Represen­tatives, former ministers and former governors who had earlier left the party.

“In less than one year, we bought the party sec­retariat and we were no longer tenants. The house was priced by the adminis­tration of Chief John Odi­gie-Oyegun but we bought it in less than one year.

“In our administration, even after the COVID-19 pandemic and EndSARS, we won almost 99 percent of bye-elections in the country.

“Also, under our watch, we have registered 41 mil­lion people, which is un­precedented. During the registration exercise, the party activities went on al­most in every wards. By so doing, we have been able to establish our party in every ward of the country. There is no ward in the whole of Nigeria today that APC doesn’t have a presence.

“Within two years, we have been able to amend the party’s constitution. We went all over Nigeria to seek public opinions. We also published the consti­tution so that anyone can make contributions. As we are heading towards this national convention scheduled for March 26, we will then pass the amend­ment to the constitution to become a law.

“In terms of staff wel­fare, before we came on board, the party secretariat was deserted. People were not coming to the secretar­iat anymore because activi­ties of the party were taken to personal houses. Staff also stopped reporting for duties.

“However, that has changed since the care­taker committee came on board. If you go to the party secretariat now, it is bubbling with activities”, he said.
https://independent.ng/apc-blames-individuals-presidential-ambitions-for-agitations-in-party/

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 07, 2022
yes APC is a selfish party. And thats why they are unable to hold a convention..and talkless of how their primaries will look like!!!

imagine Tinubu didnot secure the presidential ticket hhh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 07, 2022
Doomsday approaching for APC if sanity is not restored in the party ASAP

5 Likes

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:09am On Mar 07, 2022
What will be d name of the new party.
APC scammed Nigerians
We never ask d meaning of their CHANGE in 2015
We never tot their 2019 NEXT LEVEL is wat we are facing today.............

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Salvador1: 11:10am On Mar 07, 2022
Tinubu hand is written over it.

After all he said he will fight dirty like pig.

13 Likes

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by TheOldWays: 11:10am On Mar 07, 2022
The problem is not the ambition of APC members but their insincerity. Just make the process open and transparent that's all.
Anyway, here jamming turbo by dababy and minding my own business

3 Likes

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by IWillRiseAgain(f): 11:11am On Mar 07, 2022
2023 is going to be a very interesting year. The Southwest will definitely stand behind Tinubu regardless of the tensions in the party right now.

The big blow will then come if Atiku ends up selecting another Southwestern Yoruba as running mate.

Y'all know there's no way the North will leave her own to vote for a Westerner. They will queue behind Atiku. That's why PDP is banking on Atiku to return back to power.

Now, the real winner of the 2023 presidential election will be decided by the South East and South South who though few in numbers will rally behind Tinubu, not because they love him, but because they will do anything for power not to return to the North.

So at the end of it all, Tinubu will emerge the president of this nation come 2023. Regardless of where he picks his running mate from.

I don't like the man, but that is what it is.

Mark this comment and remember I said so when it happens. The winner of 2023 presidential election will be decided by the South East and South South. Between the West and the North, it will be a draw game.

Visit the link on my signature for latest updates on International Universities, Scholarships and Work opportunities.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by LordGuru1: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2022
J
Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by FreeStuffsNG: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2022
All these developments will all still end in praise to God for the Asiwaju Tinubu victory at the Presidential poll.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.

Asiwaju Tinubu is a brilliant visionary leader who will keep his promise to take Nigeria to greater heights.

Please support Asiwaju Tinubu and the the BAT 2023 winning team.

May God bless you and may God bless Nigeria for ever.

Thank you.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

8 Likes

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2022
Tinubu election is not a do or die affair, if the people don't want you, then you step aside... Nyesom Ezenwo Wike-CON, go shock Tinubu zombies...

4 Likes

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by africanpride1: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2022
They are geering up on the best way to tell Tinubu that Babatunde Rajiramon Fashola is Buhari's anointed Candidate as next Nigerian President, and 95% of focused APC Members Agree that he is the best for the Job.
Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Salvador1: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2022
Hisbah21:
yes APC is a selfish party. And thats why they are unable to hold a convention..and talkless of how their primaries will look like!!!

imagine Tinubu didnot secure the presidential ticket hhh
just say Tinubu is selfish for disturbing the peace of APC as a party for his selfishness presidential life ambition.

2 Likes

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by ZombieTERROR: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2022
Any party that gave us Buhari will die...

very useless party

1 Like

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Indispensable85(m): 11:13am On Mar 07, 2022
nairavsdollars:

https://independent.ng/apc-blames-individuals-presidential-ambitions-for-agitations-in-party/

The problem is not the ambition of members but the insincerity of you people. Just make the process open and transparent that's all.
Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Giddyvocals(m): 11:13am On Mar 07, 2022
United we stand, divided we fall... I hope u guys remain divided
Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by saintkel(m): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2022
Salvador1:
Tinubu hand is written over it.

After all he said he will fight dirty like pig.
ur photo sha
Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Europe(f): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2022
well its just a matter of time,the vultures will leave the bones behind.
APC leaders from the north just played a fast one on Tinubu and the
southwest and have cashout.

1 Like

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by ButterBurger: 11:22am On Mar 07, 2022
Whatever happens to you, blame yourself
Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by PrinceOfLagos: 11:23am On Mar 07, 2022
Tinubu ambition is down and out

2 Likes

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 07, 2022
IWillRiseAgain:
2023 is going to be a very interesting year. The Southwest will definitely stand behind Tinubu regardless of the tensions in the party right now.

The big blow will then come if Atiku ends up selecting another Southwestern Yoruba as running mate.

Y'all know there's no way the North will leave her own to vote for a Westerner. They will queue behind Atiku. That's why PDP is banking on Atiku to return back to power.

Now, the real winner of the 2023 presidential election will be decided by the South East and South South who though few in numbers will rally behind Tinubu, not because they love him, but because they will do anything for power not to return to the North.

So at the end of it all, Tinubu will emerge the president of this nation come 2023. Regardless of where he picks his running mate from.

Mark this comment and remember I said so when it happens. The winner of 2023 presidential election will be decided by the South East and South South. Between the West and the North, it will be a draw game.

Visit the link on my signature for latest updates on International Universities, Scholarships and Work opportunities.

Thank you!
. You really know the permutations. PDP can only win presidential election if they field a northerner. I'm an Igbo living in the north and I will bet you that if a crippled come out from that zone they will still support the one. A new trend here is to allow them complete there 4years of yaradua. Moreover, only bond that holds APC is buhari. Since he is about to finish, the bond gonna break

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 07, 2022
Better for PDP to go back to north. I have said it before and I'm still saying it, PDP can't win presidential election as an opposition by Fielding an Igbo man as a flag bearer . We don't have votes muscles of giving them much votes to win because we hardly votes. On election day,an Igbo man will tell you that no need of voting because they have already rigged the election but an average hausa person can keep a vigil in pooling boots to cast a vote. You will see their married women who hardly come out voting that day. Moreover, it is certain Tinubu will clinch the APC tickets- he really deserve it because he worked for it but the permutations of who will claim the throne of Asorock depends where PDP will bring their candidate. If it comes from South, let them forget it but coming from North, even a crippled from that zone will win Tinubu. 1. I'm living in the north and the new trend is for them to complete 4 years of yaradua. 2. If Tinubu win primary tickets , my Igbo brothers prefer voting for a northerner to Tinubu meaning a PDP candidate with a south -west Christian candidate VP will control votes of 6 political zones. 3. Tinubu is old and we see him as corrupt individual which has negative effect on him, even northerners are tired of APC government.

1 Like

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by williaam(m): 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
IWillRiseAgain:

Thank you!

Your permutations are wrong, no one in the South South would vote for Tinubu; because Lagos no be South South, and yes you are leaving North central out of the calculation, where their population is more than that of the South East; a region on a good day have never pitched tent with the South West, and you thought it would all change now, and you know many still carry the grievance of the 1967-1970 civil war, and the role Awo played. So with this Tinubu stands no chance against any Northern candidate, that's just the truth, but most times we ignore this fact on ground and think things can change all of a sudden
Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by shimolv: 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
Naija I hail

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by IWillRiseAgain(f): 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2022
williaam:

Your permutations are wrong, no one in the South South would vote for Tinubu; because Lagos no be South South, and yes you are leaving North central out of the calculation, where their population is more than that of the South East; a region on a good day have never pitched tent with the South West, and you thought it would all change now, and you know many still carry the grievance of the 1967-1970 civil war, and the role Awo played. So with this Tinubu stands no chance against any Northern candidate, that's just the truth, but most times we ignore this fact on ground and think things can change all of a sudden

No one in the South South would vote for Tinubu. I agree. But not when he is up against a Northerner. You talk like you know very little about Nigerian politics. The north central will not go 100% with the north. It will be split between the north and the south. Read my first comment well with an unbiased mind.

So far, no serious candidate has emerged from the South South and South East. So it's going to be Tinubu vs Atiku in 2023, and from all indications, these two regions I just mentioned will decide the winner and that is Tinubu

1 Like

Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by IWillRiseAgain(f): 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
Nwaezehopr:
. You really know the permutations. PDP can only win presidential election if they field a northerner. I'm an Igbo living in the north and I will bet you that if a crippled come out from that zone they will still support the one. A new trend here is to allow them complete there 4years of yaradua. Moreover, only bond that holds APC is buhari. Since he is about to finish, the bond gonna break
I grew up in the North too before moving to South so I know first hand how their politics work.
Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by WhizdomXX(m): 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
IWillRiseAgain:

Thank you!
Well Said. Nigeria will Rise Again.
Modified.
Atiku/Saraki would be a better vote getter for PDP than a Southwest vice in my opinion.
Although Southerners would fight for their own.
Re: APC Blames Individuals’ Presidential Ambitions For Agitations In Party by WhizdomXX(m): 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
Competence5050:
Tinubu election is not a do or die affair, if the people don't want you, then you step aside... Nyesom Ezenwo Wike-CON, go shock Tinubu zombies...
Another better contender for the post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

1.2 Million Euros Worth Of Equipment Needed To Maintain Eko Bridge – FG / Partake In This Weekly Politics/general Knowledge Quiz Competition To Win N,5000 / DHQ Approves Fund For Upgrade Of Mechanic School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.