Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,332 members, 7,881,237 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:55 PM

How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) (66767 Views)

My Friend Resigned From FRSC For Farming, After 1 Year, I Was Surprised - Man / In Need Of Boer Goat / Photos Of Slay Goat That Refused To Breastfeed Her Baby, After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abujaexpress:
I was really baffled by what my heavily pregnant goat did yesterday.

Actually, we have been keeping the goat and she put to bed early last year, a he goat or kid which has grown since them. We use to keep and confine both of them indoors untill the goat and it's kid started showing the crave to step out and hustle to feed and play/mingle with thier likes. We started letting them out in the morning and by evening time, both will come back home and even if they meet the gate locked, they will be using thier limbs and heads to scratch on the gate as notice to us, until the gate is opened for them.

But gradually, they will go out and not come back home, untill after maybe several days, before you will see them. From days of remaining outside, it turned to weeks, while we were always keeping close watch on their whereabouts. Infact, the day I went out searching for them, immediately the she goat sighted me, she ran to me and followed me home while the kid later came back home to join the mother.

What actually shocked me yesterday was that, for over three weeks, the goats have been away from the house, but surprisingly on Wednesday morning, the pregnant goat came home, this time around in the morning, scratching her head and limbs seriously for the gate to be opened for her. Since it is unusual seeing the goat in the morning and because we were going out for work, my wife wanted to send it back to the fields, but the goat refused to go, instead it entered the compound.

We left for work and coming back home in the evening, lo and behold, the goat had given birth to two bouncing kids, hale and healthy. This really baffled me that a goat could know that she was in labour and she had the sense to come back to the house to give birth!!!

Honestly, when I got home, I have to clap for the goat. She gave me reasons to believe that goats, if properly cared for and tendered, can really act reasonably like human.

N.B. I will upload the picture of the goat and the kids later, when I get back home.

So even the � knows its owner, returns home after going astray but man forgot his maker and his owner, refusing to come back home despite the all pleas from his maker, despite the sacrifice on the cross.

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by freetheking: 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abujaexpress:

Actually, we have been keeping the goat and she put to bed early last year, a he goat or kid which has grown since them. We use to keep and confine both of them indoors untill the goat and it's kid started showing the crave to step out and hustle to feed and play/mingle with thier likes. We started letting them out in the morning and by evening time, both will come back home and even if they meet the gate locked, they will be using thier limbs and heads to scratch on the gate as notice to us, until the gate is opened for them.

But gradually, they will go out and not come back home, untill after maybe several days, before you will see them. From days of remaining outside, it turned to weeks, while we were always keeping close watch on their whereabouts. Infact, the day I went out searching for them, immediately the she goat sighted me, she ran to me and followed me home while the kid later came back home to join the mother.

What actually shocked me yesterday was that, for over three weeks, the goats have been away from the house, but surprisingly on Wednesday morning, the pregnant goat came home, this time around in the morning, scratching her head and limbs seriously for the gate to be opened for her. Since it is unusual seeing the goat in the morning and because we were going out for work, my wife wanted to send it back to the fields, but the goat refused to go, instead it entered the compound.

We left for work and coming back home in the evening, lo and behold, the goat had given birth to two bouncing kids, hale and healthy. This really baffled me that a goat could know that she was in labour and she had the sense to come back to the house to give birth!!!

Honestly, when I got home, I have to clap for the goat. She gave me reasons to believe that goats, if properly cared for and tendered, can really act reasonably like human.

N.B. I will upload the picture of the goat and the kids later, when I get back home.

Congratulations bro,that reminds me of my mother when she was alive. Every of our goat has name and anyone any of us in our family call by her name no matter were she maybe she will run straight to the house to know why she was called. I also remember the last one that was called oga adimma (which means it shall be well). The day enemy poison this � while we were all out to farm is a day I can never forget easily. Goat can be stubborn but at the same time makes you happy.

2 Likes

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Pappyjulie196(m): 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
Animals are like human being.. This is amazing.

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by SeriouslySense(m): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
Thats amazing, i just love the idea of an animal community, mostly peaceful animals, who respond to human kindness.

I know dogs are individual creature who can love unconditionally if treated right (with respect), and others around us, also add value in compassion.

micflo28:
This is reason why we need not to kill and eat every animal and show how hostile we are to them. When they eventually escape from our grip the never come back. Animals repay kindness with loyalty. I know a lion cub that was picked and catered for by its owner to adulthood. Till date it never ate its caregiver or give him reasons to be afraid of it.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by sharpwriter(m): 6:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
Sabadon:
all animal can be well domesticated reminds me how one goat we once had never ate grass, but would prefer to eat what you are eating, at a point my dad traveled for some official engagement you could see the joy upon sighting my dad expressed as jumping all around and even on my dad, well her friendliness led to her death as she was lured to an uncompleted building with bread and slaughtered
Wicked! grin

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Yusufunsho100(m): 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Your goat deserve an award
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Hausa(m): 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Sabadon:
all animal can be well domesticated reminds me how one goat we once had never ate grass, but would prefer to eat what you are eating, at a point my dad traveled for some official engagement you could see the joy upon sighting my dad expressed as jumping all around and even on my dad, well her friendliness led to her death as she was lured to an uncompleted building with bread and slaughtered
OMG!!!

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by SeriouslySense(m): 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
angry angry angry rustlers, this is why i am sacred for his goats, they go freely and they can become victims.

Sabadon:

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by haloyeah(m): 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
Name them goathari and goatbanjo so that no one will take you to court.
Abujaexpress:
Hahahaha, abi Buhari and Osibanjo grin
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Hausa(m): 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nice Post.
Got two female goats in my compound too.
Once I make a certain sound, wherever dem dey, dem go show. I go give dem wetin I get make dem chaaw.

But I thought I should ask, why are they leaving the house and not coming back for days?
Isn't it risky?
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Padipadi: 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
Amotolongbo:
That went to its “home” yesterday but could not deliver.

9 matches now, the “GOAT” hasn’t delivered at home
savage
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Epicji: 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
I keep goats.mine surprised sometimes ago. Goats hates rain a lot. On this particular day,it rained heavily. Once it rains while they are grazing,they don't come home at all. But bcus one of d goat is a nursing mother and d kids were at home.this she - goat came home in d night just bcus of d kids.

2 Likes

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by SeriouslySense(m): 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
Very risky, is it not nigeria, we are talking about. Some community still have trust sha

Even human beings are afraid to be outside by 7 pm, in some places, wow those goats must be living in an exceptional place.
Hausa:
Nice Post.
Got two female goats in my compound too.
Once I make a certain sound, wherever dem dey, dem go show. I go give dem wetin I get make dem chaaw.

But I thought I should ask, why are they leaving the house and not coming back for days?
Isn't it risky?

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by nnamdi640: 6:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
Goat wey get sense. She wanted protection and shelter for her babies known fully well that outside is not safe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by ceejay80s(m): 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
Las las u go kill and chop am, this is Wetin oyinbo no fit do to these kind of domestic animals
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by bluebay(m): 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lala is not pleased
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by MadeINchenzen2: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abujaexpress:

...and I have been convinced beyond every reasonable doubt that this goat is smarter than some Nairalandersgrin
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by SeriouslySense(m): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
Even a goat knows what is good for its child.

nnamdi640:
Goat wey get sense. She wanted protection and shelter for her babies known fully well that outside is not safe.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by nnamdi640: 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
9182736455O1999:
No animal when no get sense
This one is unique behavior. Despite being forced to leave, the goat still insists to enter just because she knew that home is more secure for her babies.

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by nnamdi640: 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Even a goat knows what is good for its child.

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by generalwo(m): 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abujaexpress:

... For u to be surprised, e be like your goat get sense pass u..... Just kidding bro.... Kudos to your goat
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by asahnwaKC: 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
That is how you leave your goat to be eating other people flowers :-.... train your goat inside your house since e get sense.

2 Likes

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by chukwuoke(m): 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
[quote author=Abujaexpress post=110911148]I was really baffled by what my heavily pregnant goat did yesterday.

Remember not to kill this she goat or sell her because the spirit, mind and smell or feeling has brought you two close. Treat as your pet.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by rafcrown(m): 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
THE NEXT ONE AFTER YOU ?,AMOTOLONGO ?
Amotolongbo:
Hallelujah.

Name the new babies Buhari and Tinubu
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by SilvanusII(m): 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
Oh they are smart no doubt. Devilishly smart and annoying pieces of shit
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by silibaba: 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abujaexpress:

i don't need goat rather God to surprise me this year.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by iamL(f): 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
embarassed
Abujaexpress:

This reminds me of one of our "mother goat" as we named her back then.

I was sitting somewhere when she walked in, usually she loves lying down whenever she returns to her sleeping place, but that day the goat refused to lay down.

She stood and was just staring at me and I kept wondering what she was up to. I drove her but she refused to leave, threatened to pour water on her still she refused to leave.

Instinctively I walked up to her and looked under her stomach lol and behold a wicked fellow stuck 3 niddles under her stomach. I pulled them out, immediately she just lay down.

Last last the day we killed that goat the oil full 1 custard rubber.

4 Likes

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Ijoba85: 7:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Congrats bro
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by RandyOku: 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hallelujah.

Lmao

I swearcheesy
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by treatise: 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hallelujah.

That's not fair, he should call them Russia and Ukraine
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Hassanmaye(m): 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Abujaexpress:

Wow
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Nnatuu: 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
At least the goat has shown to be more sensible than some girls that will born and throw away inside gutter.

Tufiakwa!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ramos: 'Handsome' Goat In Malaysia With 'Pop Star Looks' Is Internet Sensation / See The Antelope My Uncle Killed Yesterday / Fresh Tomatoes Arrive Lagos From Kano By Train After 58 Years. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.