Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,356 members, 7,881,308 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:21 PM

How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) (66768 Views)

My Friend Resigned From FRSC For Farming, After 1 Year, I Was Surprised - Man / In Need Of Boer Goat / Photos Of Slay Goat That Refused To Breastfeed Her Baby, After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by othenok(f): 7:49am On Mar 13, 2022
Munzy14:

Good...That was a cute tradition..We've abandoned o...Back in the days, e ji enye nwagboho laga di udi ihe ahu...It signifies a lot...Multiplication and all..

Nowadays, na cell phone, TV, car etc... lipsrsealed Even ikwe you rarely see...Mothers always gift their daughters ikwe(mortar and pestle) for her kitchen games...Maka afo wu ebe eshi enweta obi nwoke. grin

I wish we will have a generation that can rejuvenate these traditions that have gone extinct. smiley

So what happened to the goat? Una chop am? grin

Not they can, they extremely stubborn...But, I will still keep them in my retirement home..As meat grin grin

Yes, Aha ya wu Jack.

Still being practised in Anambra.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by bigcasava1(m): 7:56am On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hallelujah.

Name the new babies Buhari and Tinubu
why! Why can't Buhari have peace.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by onlyboyson(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hallelujah.

Guy you will live long
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by onlyboyson(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2022
bigcasava1:
why! Why can't Buhari have peace.
You are a big fool ,have peace for what reason
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:05am On Mar 13, 2022
OgWire007:
Walahi buhari no get o
Guy grin

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by NzeSteve(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2022
Ur goat stayed out for 3wks and came bck?
I must applause those living in ur environment...
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Munzy14(m): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2022
othenok:

Still being practised in Anambra.
Interesting...Thats nice
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by InsanePsycho(m): 11:17am On Mar 13, 2022
Abujaexpress:
I was really baffled by what my heavily pregnant goat did yesterday.

Actually, we have been keeping the goat and she put to bed early last year, a he goat or kid which has grown since them. We use to keep and confine both of them indoors untill the goat and it's kid started showing the crave to step out and hustle to feed and play/mingle with thier likes. We started letting them out in the morning and by evening time, both will come back home and even if they meet the gate locked, they will be using thier limbs and heads to scratch on the gate as notice to us, until the gate is opened for them.

But gradually, they will go out and not come back home, untill after maybe several days, before you will see them. From days of remaining outside, it turned to weeks, while we were always keeping close watch on their whereabouts. Infact, the day I went out searching for them, immediately the she goat sighted me, she ran to me and followed me home while the kid later came back home to join the mother.

What actually shocked me yesterday was that, for over three weeks, the goats have been away from the house, but surprisingly on Wednesday morning, the pregnant goat came home, this time around in the morning, scratching her head and limbs seriously for the gate to be opened for her. Since it is unusual seeing the goat in the morning and because we were going out for work, my wife wanted to send it back to the fields, but the goat refused to go, instead it entered the compound.

We left for work and coming back home in the evening, lo and behold, the goat had given birth to two bouncing kids, hale and healthy. This really baffled me that a goat could know that she was in labour and she had the sense to come back to the house to give birth!!!

Honestly, when I got home, I have to clap for the goat. She gave me reasons to believe that goats, if properly cared for and tendered, can really act reasonably like human.

N.B. I will upload the picture of the goat and the kids later, when I get back home.

Na to send the kids go school remain undecided
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by maak400: 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
Hi, I've been wondering the meaning of your username 'Amotolongbo' smiley
Amotolongbo:
No matter how reasonably a goat may act, na “asun” go still end its life

Lalasticlala and Dominique, we get a naming ceremony here o
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Dshocker(m): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Hallelujah.

Lol...u are crazy
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
InsanePsycho:

Na to send the kids go school remain undecided
I would done that, if was ethical and practiceable
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
NzeSteve:
Ur goat stayed out for 3wks and came bck?
I must applause those living in ur environment...

I live in an area that's closely monitored
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by NoLotty7(m): 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
GOAT FARMING:
Hi everyone,l want to invest into rearing goat
through cross breeding in a commercial module.
I will need the Boer= two buck,the savannah two as well the Kalahari to breed with the red Sokoto and African dwarf does.
Please,where can I buy either the Boer, Savannah or the Kalahari in Nigeria and at what prices?
Every contributions/suggestions is highly welcome.

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by NoLotty7(m): 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
GOAT FARMING:
Hi everyone,l want to invest into rearing goat through cross breeding in a commercial module.
I will need the Boer= two buck,the savannah two as well the Kalahari to breed with the red Sokoto and African dwarf does.
Please,where can I buy either the Boer, Savannah or the Kalahari in Nigeria and at what prices?
Every contributions/suggestions is highly welcome.

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
frozen70:

That's a wonderful goat there

They all have instincts and they obey their intuition,
Unlike human beings that will argue with themselves first before deciding whether to obey what their instict is telling them

They all behave like humans just that they don't have rules and regulations guiding them
They definitely do not behave like humans.

Humans are basically god to animals. We humans (mostly white people) can even recreate them and they will give birth.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by frozen70(f): 3:51pm On Mar 13, 2022
Bobmarie:
They definitely do not behave like humans.

Humans are basically god to animals. We humans (mostly white people) can even recreate them and they will give birth.

What I mean is they give birth, they recognizes their care giver they knows the way to their homes no matter how they wonder about

They know their matting time

What else makes them different from human, just sense of reasoning
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
frozen70:

What I mean is they give birth, they recognizes their care giver they knows the way to their homes no matter how they wonder about

They know their matting time

What else makes them different from human, just sense of reasoning
Oh yeah.

Absolutely right.

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by InsanePsycho(m): 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2022
Abujaexpress:
I would done that, if was ethical and practiceable

Be the first to start and others will follow your lead grin
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by SaintUlot: 8:25am On Mar 14, 2022
Abujaexpress:

Actually, we have been keeping the goat and she put to bed early last year, a he goat or kid which has grown since them. We use to keep and confine both of them indoors untill the goat and it's kid started showing the crave to step out and hustle to feed and play/mingle with thier likes. We started letting them out in the morning and by evening time, both will come back home and even if they meet the gate locked, they will be using thier limbs and heads to scratch on the gate as notice to us, until the gate is opened for them.

But gradually, they will go out and not come back home, untill after maybe several days, before you will see them. From days of remaining outside, it turned to weeks, while we were always keeping close watch on their whereabouts. Infact, the day I went out searching for them, immediately the she goat sighted me, she ran to me and followed me home while the kid later came back home to join the mother.

What actually shocked me yesterday was that, for over three weeks, the goats have been away from the house, but surprisingly on Wednesday morning, the pregnant goat came home, this time around in the morning, scratching her head and limbs seriously for the gate to be opened for her. Since it is unusual seeing the goat in the morning and because we were going out for work, my wife wanted to send it back to the fields, but the goat refused to go, instead it entered the compound.

We left for work and coming back home in the evening, lo and behold, the goat had given birth to two bouncing kids, hale and healthy. This really baffled me that a goat could know that she was in labour and she had the sense to come back to the house to give birth!!!

Honestly, when I got home, I have to clap for the goat. She gave me reasons to believe that goats, if properly cared for and tendered, can really act reasonably like human.

N.B. I will upload the picture of the goat and the kids later, when I get back home.

It seems your location is still a developing area, that's why you still have the opportunity of giving your goat free range, if not, the goat would have been stolen a long time ago.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 10:31am On Mar 14, 2022
SaintUlot:

It seems your location is still a developing area, that's why you still have the opportunity of giving your goat free range, if not, the goat would have been stolen a long time ago.
It's developing semi-urban settlement. It's just residents are well organized and daily activities closely monitored
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by SaintUlot: 10:44am On Mar 14, 2022
Abujaexpress:
It's developing semi-urban settlement. It's just residents are well organized and daily activities closely monitored

Who is monitoring the daily activities?

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 11:27am On Mar 14, 2022
SaintUlot:

Who is monitoring the daily activities?
There is a reserved area for livestocks, some in chains and ropes, while other conglomerate with them
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by iamL(f): 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hausa:
Jeez! NEEDLES? Omo, that's mean ọ. Did you find that person?
When you say oil, what do you mean?

How can one find such a person?

The animal fat that came out of the meat was the oil.

1 Like

Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by bigcasava1(m): 8:21am On Mar 16, 2022
onlyboyson:

You are a big fool ,have peace for what reason
why the insult?
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:10am On Mar 18, 2022
Abujaexpress:

Humans? reasonable? grin grin grin grin
We are the most stupid of all animals mister man.
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by Abujaexpress: 9:46am On Mar 18, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Humans? reasonable? grin grin grin grin
We are the most stupid of all animals mister man.
grin
Re: How My Pregnant Goat Surprised Me(pictures) by azammi(m): 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
You know if you ask God this in prayers he’ll reveal it to you , na lovely God we de serve.
AntiMen:

My own question be say, when we kill a goat , where does the spirit or soul goes to?

Heaven or hell?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ramos: 'Handsome' Goat In Malaysia With 'Pop Star Looks' Is Internet Sensation / See The Antelope My Uncle Killed Yesterday / Fresh Tomatoes Arrive Lagos From Kano By Train After 58 Years. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.