Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,288 members, 7,881,073 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:53 AM

FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases (24220 Views)

FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo / Akan Okon: Ibom Deep Seaport To Be Built In Phases / FG Removes VAT From Cooking Gas. Price To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by eldervine: 12:02pm On Mar 11, 2022
Subsidy or not. Nothing fit pull us down for this country. We move
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2022
Wtf is this? Aren't we practicing democracy where we all have to know when such actions are carried out?

Braze yourself people! More prostitutes and working boys loading 2.0

2 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by SarkinYarki: 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I am happy that subsidies in electricty has ended. Both subidies in electricity and pstrol is a daylight robbery of Nigerians living in villages without roads and electricity because they are not benefitting from it yet government is not giving them subsudies in their own priority needs.

Apart from ending the corruption regime enabled by subsidues, abolition of subsidies will also attract private players into the sector to make huge investments.

May God bless Nigeria for ever.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand #Iyanumashele

Stop deceiving yourself there was never any subsidy in Electricity, just outright theft

2 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by alpharoyalty: 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
The good thing is that the disaster of a man called buhari affects us all.
Me, I am comfortable. I just pity all his paid and unpaid supporters
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Gentlerespect76: 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
Tell me that this man is not Phero. His reign is nothing short of a scourge on the whole nation.
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by FLYFIRE(m): 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I am happy that subsidies in electricty has ended. Both subidies in electricity and pstrol is a daylight robbery of Nigerians living in villages without roads and electricity because they are not benefitting from it yet government is not giving them subsudies in their own priority needs.

Apart from ending the corruption regime enabled by subsidues, abolition of subsidies will also attract private players into the sector to make huge investments.

May God bless Nigeria for ever.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand #Iyanumashele
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

"....on the mandate of .....I stand....."

This is the type of thing that destroyed this country up till this level. We want to be religious or ethnic even to the detriment of the larger good. The people you people voted in brought us this ten-year regression & you have not learned yet. Yesterday I saw a video of your god fighting frantically to pull his clothes to use the toilet in the midst of a crowd. Is this what you want for Nigeria after what she has gone through?
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by tonididdy(m): 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
... Is there anything in price that has gone up in Nigeria, that came down?

We know the new price has come to stay.
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
heniford2:
I told my friend here in finland that the scarcity of fuel in Nigeria is a useless game the federal government used in removing the subsidy know the have done so guys welcome to official pump price of fuel,400,kero,600,desal,900,gas,1200 angry cheesy what am asking, is it upon the 30k minimum wage undecided guys!!! APC has useless this country patpat!! Sky rocket of things know will be super dupe because i can't transport a goods of lets say 200k and not add it up in sales to make profit, what will APC use to campaign is it the 2nd niger bridge or the useless train what!!!! Brethen winter of hunger and poverty is coming!!
I'm ashamed of this gesture, honestly! U were don japka just de thank God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Nfora: 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2022
heniford2:
I told my friend here in finland that the scarcity of fuel in Nigeria is a useless game the federal government used in removing the subsidy know the have done so guys welcome to official pump price of fuel,400,kero,600,desal,900,gas,1200 angry cheesy what am asking, is it upon the 30k minimum wage undecided guys!!! APC has useless this country patpat!! Sky rocket of things know will be super dupe because i can't transport a goods of lets say 200k and not add it up in sales to make profit, what will APC use to campaign is it the 2nd niger bridge or the useless train what!!!! Brethen winter of hunger and poverty is coming!!

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Arabaincubus: 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
All I know is that APC is not a sincere party. They say one thing and do the other.
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by nautybride: 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
They have been able to remove subsidy on electricity through black out. Okay o

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Rawtruth1: 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2022
Yes, that's another level. Nigerians won't forget 2015 fatal mistake in a hurry. The worst is that the architect of this disaster TB is warming up to finish what is left or will be left next year 2023. Say no to Bullion van and the speechless "pastor"
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by BloomingDale(f): 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by kellynexx007(m): 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2022
Just kill us....sale Naija make una take the money go leave for una mansion abroad. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by babayinka77(m): 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2022
heniford2:
If subsidy has been removed already, you will not buy petrol for even N500/ litre. How much is a litre of petrol in Finland?
The issue here for me though is the fact that we've got no balls to do the right things and damn the political consequences of our good policies.For Nigeria to move forward, we must remove subsidy.
I am also in support of gradual removal to reduce the impact of sudden total removal.

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Bishop(m): 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
heniford2:

I observed that too, because the scarcity was planned, it happened first in Lagos and Abuja and it gradually moved to other parts of the country.

Unfortunately, their policy depends so much on imports and it can not sustain our budget,so like a mull the citizens have to plough and till the ground for its masters to pay every penny of the Chinese loan and other loans and perhaps Executive and parliamentary reckless spendings

Sadly, we won't be able to benefit from the surge in oil prices
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by AleAirHub(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
Lol... cheesy

I was discussing this with my friends a few minutes ago. It's hard to time that Nigeria accepts the current increment in domestic gas and necessity items because my intent tells me that everything was well planned by the government.
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Munamoqel: 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
Handsum64:
*The African in the morning, wakes up, turns off his alarm clock made in CHINA, comes out of his sheets woven in INDIA, puts on his clothes made in BANGLADESH* *; shoes from ITA. LY, drinks his orange juice from SPAIN, puts milk made in FRANCE in his coffee produced in BRAZIL.*
*He jumps in his car made in JAPAN or in Germany to go to the TOTAL service station (FRANCE), he fills up and takes his KOREAN Samsung phone made in TAIWAN or iPhone (USA) and pays with MOBILE MONEY (Owned by foreign stakeholders) .*
*At noon, he leaves his office, dressed in a nice 3-piece suit in the heat, in a Western dress code.* *He joins his friend in an upscale restaurant serving Western specialties then smokes an AMERICAN cigarette or CUBAN cigar while sipping an Irish aperitif or Chilean wine. They eat CAMBODIAN or Taiwanese rice, drink a Cognac from France and come home to watch the Barça vs Réal Madrid on A Samsung TV made in Korea without having spent a cent which will remain in Africa.* *Then they debate to know why there is neither work nor money in the country & on our continent.*

*And with that, they conclude that their problems are other people’s make….”*

*WAKE UP DEAR AFRICANS, THE REAL CHANGE BEGINS WITH US !!!!!*
who live like this? The African wake up by the cry of cock ,drink his pap and akara ,in the afternoon eats his Amala and awedu .then relax with beer made by Nigeria brewery.
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by otokx(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
heniford2:

The funny part is that NLC, TUC, etc are so quiet.

2 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Druggey(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
Biitch
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by dalass(f): 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
The economic team and especially this finance minister has no inkling what it takes to improve our common wealth except borrow borrow and increase in taxes, services and the last straw, subsidies...

Typical of Abokis to take and take without giving back or remorse.

A combination of Obasanjo and Ngozi Iweala paid off all debts with very low prices of oil barrel. These Aboki combo of Buhari and his fellow Aboki woman have driven the country into a real financial quagmire despite soaring oil prices all over the world

5 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by kellynexx007(m): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Just kill us....sale Naija make una take the money go leave for una mansion abroad. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by faithfull18(f): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Sai baba grin
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by dmedicare(m): 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2022
Sai Baba! We ask for continuity in the person of Bola Ahmed Tinubu. APC: shame
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by keentola(m): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”

If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.

Notable books I have in my library:

Sidney Sheldon's
Stephen King
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hill and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books

You can get these eBooks, Paperbacks and Audiobooks in minutes. Check my bio on how to connect with Us
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Thinktwicemybro: 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
ogododo:

Bubu never show una anything yet. U go here. Very soon, plane no go fly because of high cost of fuel.

Planes are not flying already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment In Appeal By Atiku, PDP / You Can’t Use And Dump Me, Muazu Tells PDP Members [PM NEWS] / Blame Obasanjo, Other Leaders For Nigeria’s Woes — SARAKI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.