Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,948 members, 7,915,737 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:46 AM

Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole (35758 Views)

Senate Presidency: Shettima Appologises For Muslim Comment / Wike To Oshiomole: I'm A Trained Lawyer, Which University Did You Attend? / Vanguard Appologises To Tinubu For Publishing False Story About His Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Deadlytruth(m): 5:33am On Mar 15, 2022
juman:

When the party structure was kept by old pdp people, the governor also refuse to share political post with them.
The job of their national leaders is to mediate and allow to rearrange things.
To rearrange the party structure and the political posts.
But the old PDP had held her party convention and set their structure before Obaseki and Philip Shuaibu entered yet they still shifted grounds to accommodate them. Are they now supposed to hold another convention to change the structure all over afresh?

1 Like

Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Deadlytruth(m): 5:38am On Mar 15, 2022
chinchum:
I still wonder till today what exactly Oshiomole to Obaseki to make him denigrate so much and sold him out. The actions he took made him lose the APC chairmanship seat unceremoniously.
Oshiomhole is actually suffering the consequences of betraying the Oba in 2016. The Oba supported Oshiomhole throughout his reign as governor and made sure he wasn't distracted by his Bini people. But when it was time to leave office, Oshiomhole chose to annoint someone from a family which has been antagonistic to the palace. He was told clearly that his choice of Obaseki could bring his political career to an abrupt end going by historical precedent but he dismissed it as something which happened over 100 years ago hence couldn't repeat itself.

1 Like

Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by juman(m): 5:46am On Mar 15, 2022
Deadlytruth:

But the old PDP had held her party convention and set their structure before Obaseki and Philip Shuaibu entered yet they still shifted grounds to accommodate them. Are they now supposed to hold another convention to change the structure all over afresh?

Let be truthful to ourselves, no Nigerian governor would accept that he is not in charge of the party.

See how apc is doing.
Any governor join them, he is the leader of the party in his state.
See aregbe, lai Muhammad etc issue.

1 Like

Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Echoban: 6:14am On Mar 15, 2022
Euegene100001:
grin na only mugu still dey support obaseki ! This man is something else

Sharap.. the 6Bilion they collected na for wetin.. Nobody talks abt that.
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by 1849nii: 6:28am On Mar 15, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Wike's mouth no go kill him
[/s]
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Echoban: 6:30am On Mar 15, 2022
Deadlytruth:

Yes.. because Obaseki sacrificed 6B heavily for it. Or did they not give him ticket for free??

Una go cry tire grin
U collect money come feel say u b boss, ask Esau after eating porradge
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by 1849nii: 6:32am On Mar 15, 2022
[s]
Miracle2022:
Edo no be port Harcourt. Wike see your life?
[/s]
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2022
Deadlytruth:

Exactly. Some of us were accused of resisting the paradigm shift towards the new Nigeria which Obaseki was spearheading when I, as someone who was in Obaseki's first term cabinet and saw through his duplicity, was telling them in my LGA in Edo North that we would owe Lucky Igbinedion an apology if Obaseki ever got a second term. The biggest irony was that they themselves saw how Obaseki had abandoned the primary and secondary schools renovation Oshiomhole started with a lot of speed and impact down to the most rural enclaves in each of the 18 LGAs, they saw how most of such schools were left with just two or three teachers aminst EDOBEST only for Old Boys and old Girls associations or host communities levying themselves to employ teachers into those schools but they were all blinded by the allegation of that Oshiomhole wanted them to share money. I remember asking one of them why Oshiomhole never sponsored a bill to Edo State House of Assembly for payment of pension and post-office allowances for ex governors, ex deputies and ex speakers as had been done in a lot of other states if Oshiomhole really wanted to continue living on the state's resources after office but all that didn't make sense to them at that moment. Emotions had overwhelmingly subdued reason. But here we are today.
They haven't seen anything yet. grin
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Kobicove(m): 10:01am On Mar 15, 2022
EdgarBounce:
I still wonder till today what exactly Oshiomole to Obaseki to make him denigrate so much and sold him out. The actions he took made him lose the APC chairmanship seat unceremoniously.

A party chairman who cannot put his political god son on a leash has no business being a party chairman!
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Euegene100001: 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
Na ur dead mama u tell make e sharap idoit
Echoban:

Sharap.. the 6Bilion they collected na for wetin.. Nobody talks abt that.
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Norse36: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
If it's the big hole in Auchi Edo state that Adams oshiomhole helped Edo people with then he's to be forever appreciated in Edo state

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Sleekfingers: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Sleekfingers: 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
athaboi:
Please be putting graphic picture, this obaseki is too ugly! Well, back to the topic... politics is really dirty, just like a year ago when wike was all over Benin trying everything possible to see that obaseki wins na em obaseki has started talking rubbish?

cheesy cheesy

You get bad mouth o
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Jomonix: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Whenever Nigerian politicians are cry out about sticking to agreements, it's always to preserve their selfish interest. We can recall when OBJ wanted Ngige to keep to his agreement with the Uba's, an agreement that meant ceding the entire wealth to an individual to gratify his status as a king maker. Like seriously there are Nigerians who believe that Ngige ought to have kept to this agreement.
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by millionboi(m): 6:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
GeneralPula:
Tho, Obaseki can be anything but I think he’s up to something worth standing for here..

Pdp collected 6billion for Gov ticket... Dem still wan con dey milk ham..

E no possible nah..
are you sure of that figure?
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by millionboi(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
ProDigitals:

Yes that is what is playing out which we all know. I've forgotten the name of the PDP top gun in Edo. That man has been patiently waiting to be governor. He had to be begged before he stepped down for Obaseki. Now, they want to scheme them out of power. How does Shuaibu want to gain the party leadership that has been there for decades. How does he want to buy the party ticket and win. Is it possible?

Many youths who don't know what the fight is about are all castigating Wike, not knowing he's doing the right thing.
please wetin caused the fight?
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Kennyfancy(m): 9:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
Deadlytruth:

When Jonathan came up with his unpopular policy of sudden 100% subsidy removal in 2012, the only state in the entire SE and SS whose governor boldly came out to identify with Jonathan in demonstration of the SS brotherhood was Edo State. Oshiomhole, despite being of the opposition party to Jonathan's party, risked being accused of antiparty activities and stood publicly to defend Jonathan while none of the other ten SS and SE governors who were of Jonathan's party was bold enough to publicly identify with Jonathan whom they were calling their son. Obaseki family is known for betrayal and that is not representative of the generality of Edo people who have always stood for truth and principles save for certain circumstances where some of them naively fall for emotional blackmail like in 2020.

But on the other hand, when Obaseki was betraying his benefactor, Oshiomhole, and showing gross ingratitude to him in the build up to the last Edo election, an overwhelming majority of those who supported him and were chanting "Edo no be Lagos" were Igbos. They supported Obaseki's treachery here on NL to high heavens while the Yorubas who did same were very few in number.
So how does your assertion above find a ground in reality? People are judged not by their verbal claims but by the action they take when it really matters
We all know those who betrayed all other tribes in Nigeria by executing a coup in which they killed people from all other regions except theirs despite the planning stage agreement that the killings should be indiscriminate. We remember which tribe betrayed Isaac Adaka Boro over secession which they themselves began to seek just 15 months afterwards and expecting Isaac Adaka Boro's Ijaw people to partner with them towards it. If you want to see raw and undiluted betrayal DNA, please look in the mirror.
saying trash, am not from the East
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Kennyfancy(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
duro4chang:
You must be high on meth. You were not properly brought up and that is why you used foul language on social media. You need to have your head examined
that statement should be directed to ur dad
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Kennyfancy(m): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
Born2Breed:

Stark illiterate!!!

It's trait.

Ozuor!
I am more learned than your mother
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by duro4chang(m): 9:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kennyfancy:
that statement should be directed to ur dad
For you to have insulted somebody online shows you lack home training. You were poorly brought up. Is that how you disrespectively address your parents? Did your parents teach you to insult other people's parents? Did they also teach you to insult other people's tribes? You need to have your head examined. If at all you were poorly trained you should have gone for self development.
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Deadlytruth(m): 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kennyfancy:
saying trash, am not from the East
I didn't say you are from the SE. I said you are an Igbo man. Please recall that there are Igbos outside SE.

1 Like

Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Kennyfancy(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2022
Deadlytruth:

I didn't say you are from the SE. I said you are an Igbo man. Please recall that there are Igbos outside SE.
still wrong again
Re: Wike Calls Obaseki A Serial Betrayer, Appologises To Oshiomole by Deadlytruth(m): 11:43am On Mar 18, 2022
Kennyfancy:
still wrong again
We know those who, out of resentment towards Edo for having been voting for APC and against PDP since 2007, are quick to manifest their hate by way of attacking Edo with accusations of treachery. So you don't need to tell me who you are. All I do here is to go through the history of a monickers posts for me to know his state of origin and ethnicity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Strikes Boko Haram Terrorist’s Vehicle Workshop / Fayose Mocks Buhari Over Ogoni Visit "You Have Surrendered To Militants' / Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.