Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,941 members, 7,873,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

Lagos Mainland Vs Island. - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Mainland Vs Island. (39863 Views)

Highlander SUV On Fire On 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos (Photos) / SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS / Car Somersaults On Third Mainland Bridge After Sallah Flexing On The Island.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2022
[s]
Craigbrown4076:
Now don't laugh this off. This is a rather serious comparison as it's my first time in Lagos and as such my first time on the Island.

According to the topic, I will like readers especially those who reside in Lagos to share their opinions as to which of these major residential areas in Lagos is actually more value for money.

I've lived in the Ajah axis of Lagos Island for about 7 months and I can confidently tell you that I will not advise any newcomer to pay rent to live here. Electricity is bad, water is terrible, roads are bad too and for those who commute the Lekki-Epe express road daily know how hellish it can be when there is a surge in traffic.

Tbh, most people living on the island are suffering and smiling, even those who you think are well to do are having it worse.

I'm considering moving away from the Island and finding a serene environment on the mainland to live in. I heard that Magodo/Berger area is true, please how true is this? I will like readers who reside in Lagos to share their thoughts on other serene environments one can live in where one can get good basic amenities. This will definitely help other people as well. Thanks.
[/s]

Big lump of monkey shīt. You dey stay one of those indegenes community for Ajah interior u say u dey island. Which bad road? Light issue is every where right now. Where I am the water is the best. I fit do video open tap for u make u see. It's only light that's an issue now especially worse off since this fuel hoarding business. Make una no dey decieve una selves undecided
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 17, 2022
WetinUGain:

Whine who?. You can only whine yourself. You made a wrong post, I corrected you and you attacked me.That is one thing you pple do. Once u goof, u quickly turn it to cruise and sarcasm.

Stop quoting me and I won't. All d best.

That guy is just very stupid. He opened mouth waaa to vomit rubbish in his ignorance
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 17, 2022
killmods:
[s][/s]

Big lump of monkey shīt. You dey stay one of those indegenes community for Ajah interior u say u dey island. Which bad road? Light issue is every where right now. Where I am the water is the best. I fit do video open tap for u make u see. It's only light that's an issue now especially worse off since this fuel hoarding business. Make una no dey decieve una selves undecided

Guy cool down. No need to para like this because his experience and yours are different. While you have it good he may not
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 17, 2022
DryMouth:

Lool!
I stayed at awoyaya before, i know what am saying grin
Awoyaya no be village? No wonder u dey cap dust grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 17, 2022
Framed:

Guy cool down. No need to para like this because his experience and yours are different. While you have it good he may not
It's not about having it good or not. The whole naija which side pure? It doesn't make any meaning when people generalize because of personal experience. Okay imagine one mugu above said anything beyond lekki isn't Island. And na Awoyaya of all places him done stay oo. Isn't that foolishness? Ask the op where exactly he stayed that influenced his post and u will see there's no need for this thread.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DryMouth: 9:14am On Mar 17, 2022
killmods:

Awoyaya no be village? No wonder u dey cap dust grin
Once you pass chevron, you now stay in a village
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 17, 2022
DryMouth:

Once you pass chevron, you now stay in a village
Face front Awoyaya indegene

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 17, 2022
killmods:

It's not about having it good or not. The whole naija which side pure? It doesn't make any meaning when people generalize because of personal experience. Okay imagine one mugu above said anything beyond lekki isn't Island. And na Awoyaya of all places him done stay oo. Isn't that foolishness? Ask the op where exactly he stayed that influenced his post and u will see there's no need for this thread.

Hahaha, you know it is in the character of nairaland people to generalize based on a limited personal experience.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DryMouth: 9:20am On Mar 17, 2022
killmods:

E be like wetin i talk pain you enter blood!
I now stay in empire homes in chevron.

God has lifted me bro

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 17, 2022
Framed:

Hahaha, you know it is in the character of nairaland people to generalize based on a limited personal experience.
E nor dey make sense at all na
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2022
DryMouth:

E be like wetin i talk pain you enter blood!

Lol.. pain me ke? Stop spreading false info. Why e go pain me?
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by DryMouth: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2022
killmods:

Lol.. pain me ke? Stop spreading false info. Why e go pain me?
What is false abt the info?
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by ImaIma1(f): 9:23am On Mar 17, 2022
NoToPile:

Wow 1,2 million difference, do they work on the island? Proximity to work is a very major factor for a lot of people.

The 2nd and 3rd bolded has always been my concern, apart from house rent, you pay more for water, school fees, markets everything other thing is expensive, a family person would think twice if you are not really that rich enough to live there.

I know someone that rented a bed space for 350k at Yaba, I guess it's serviced, bedspace like hostel oo, they are 2 in the room, 2 beds grin she works on the island and seems the roommate is working class I can only imagine how much that will cost on the island.

They are sisters actually. One works in lekki while the other is into her own business.

A lot of people I know living there most times go to the mainland...oyingbo, mile 12, Lawanson market, etc, to buy food stuffs.

Yaba has a lot of serviced apartments and they can be quite expensive. I have heard of these bed spaces arrangement somewhere in ikoyi where people just come to sleep for the week while working on the island.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 17, 2022
DryMouth:

I now stay in empire homes in chevron.

God has lifted me bro
Good for u.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2022
killmods:

Rotfl grin He lived in Awoyaya and then says after Chevron is not Island? I have a colleague like this who will always say people living after VGC are suffering and don't have money. The day we went for another colleague's birthday party after VGC, I could see she felt intimidated and inferior by the home of that colleague and obvious wealth.

She caps at VGC because her elder sisters live there. She is a very ratched woman who talks anyhow, thinks she is fly and all that but she is not. Even at work she makes derogatory comments about other female colleagues who dress well and better than her. She will say it is okrika and Aba made they are wearing. Aba made or not, those women look good but bad belle poju

People just say a lot of nonsense until their ignorance or fuvk up is treated in real time and real life like that my colleague

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 17, 2022
Framed:

Rotfl grin He lived in Awoyaya and then says after Chevron is not Island? I have a colleague like this who will always say people living after VGC are suffering and don't have money. The day we went for another colleague's birthday party after VGC, I could see she felt intimidated and inferior by the home of that colleague and obvious wealth.

She caps at VGC because her elder sisters live there. She is a very ratched woman who talks anyhow, thinks she is fly and all that but she is not. Even at work she makes derogatory comments about other female colleagues who dress well and better than her. She will say it is okrika and Aba made they are wearing. Aba made or not, those women look good but bad belle poju

People just say a lot of nonsense until their ignorance or fuvk up is treated in real time and real life like that my colleague
Imagine that.. pure ignorance. I never wanted to comment here but that guy comment no just follow. I couldn't resist any longer.. Awoyaya grin
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by jidxin(m): 9:47am On Mar 17, 2022
Pipefitter:

So where is it?
oga ELEKO is not an island. You can check the map. Thanks
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by JayPeeOham: 10:03am On Mar 17, 2022
Framed:

So lame and stupid.

That's how you insult your mother's mate online because it's a faceless forum

Your tongue is so unguided and loose..

Let this be the last time you would quote me on this issue please.. thanks and have a nice day
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by JayPeeOham: 10:09am On Mar 17, 2022
WetinUGain:

Whine who?. You can only whine yourself. You made a wrong post, I corrected you and you attacked me.That is one thing you pple do. Once u goof, u quickly turn it to cruise and sarcasm.

Stop quoting me and I won't. All d best.

Oh No .. not again!

Who quoted who first?... Maybe you go back and check the thread and learn to mind your business next time you this black man with an underdeveloped brain filled with cobwebs and mucus.

Feel free to Quote me again to confirm to me that you're indeed a jobless and frustrated fellow looking for the next available sane human to vent his anger on!!
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Craigbrown4076: 10:48am On Mar 17, 2022
killmods:
[s][/s]

Stop being silly.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Craigbrown4076: 10:52am On Mar 17, 2022
killmods:

How many Ajah you know for lagos?

If your water is as good as you claim then it's most likely because there's a water treatment system in your compound.

Some of you talk as if you know it all. Tueh!
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 17, 2022
Craigbrown4076:

How many Ajah you know for lagos?

If your water is as good as you claim then it's most likely because there's a water treatment system in your compound.

Some of you talk as if you know it all. Tueh!
It's u that talk like u know it all. Come Ajah make we dig ground. And clean ur mouth spit dey drop. Makes u look like an imb.ecile
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 17, 2022
JayPeeOham:

That's how you insult your mother's mate online because it's a faceless forum

Your tongue is so unguided and loose..

Let this be the last time you would quote me on this issue please.. thanks and have a nice day

I have quoted you again do your worse. It is funny how people like you act stupid and immature on a tread then when you are called out you start claiming seniority, old age and the likes. If you like be older than my mother if you act foolishly your fuvk up will be treated. You were lame and stupid
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by WetinUGain: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Oh No .. not again!

Who quoted who first?... Maybe you go back and check the thread and learn to mind your business next time you this black man with an underdeveloped brain filled with cobwebs and mucus.

Feel free to Quote me again to confirm to me that you're indeed a jobless and frustrated fellow looking for the next available sane human to vent his anger on!!

Went through your posts and i discovered you have a wife with a kid..I made a mistake correcting you. You didn't deserve my mention, u are not worth it...

Won't reply you again.Have a nice day.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by WetinUGain: 11:45am On Mar 17, 2022
Framed:

I have quoted you again do your worse. It is funny how people like you act stupid and immature on a tread then when you are called out you start claiming seniority, old age and the likes. If you like be older than my mother if you act foolishly your fuvk up will be treated. You were lame and stupid

Pls, free d guy. I went to his posts and discovered he has a wife and a kid.,yet coming online to abuse, spew beer parlour and round about gists. The guy is not worth ur energy.,leave him.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Pipefitter: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2022
jidxin:
oga ELEKO is not an island. You can check the map. Thanks

Ok. But it's still island to me tongue
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by jidxin(m): 2:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
Pipefitter:

Ok. But it's still island to me tongue
Touche
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Coolabbie: 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

My brother, immediately TuFace commot Festac, e carry the glory commot. Festac time don pass o. Just come Ogba or Berger jeje. The light go enter your body. 15 Hours. If you add Solar knack am, finishing
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by KBARBIE(f): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2022
Looking for an apartment to stay in in lekki? George's bay apartment is right for you. Call or WhatsApp 09161505947 for more enquires.
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
KBARBIE:
Looking for an apartment to stay in in lekki? George's bay apartment is right for you. Call or WhatsApp 09161505947 for more enquires.
ode
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by KBARBIE(f): 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kellzzyy:
ode

You mean your very self?
Re: Lagos Mainland Vs Island. by lordally(m): 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Right!
Berger itself is just a bus stop, or the commercial area Sha.. But those places are still within ojodu berger.. Olowora and magodo are distant cousins

Olowora, magodo and isheri are family

While berger and ojodu are family too

How's the light in Ojodu , magodo , Olowora and Isheri??

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Brutally Pulled Out Of A Train By Inspectors In Germany. Photos / Sunday Esan, Dangote's Manager Had An Accident (Photos) / Pictures From My Trip To Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.